Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1894, Apogee wrote:Look at Votato's ISO with an open mind. There is admittedly a series of scummy posts. But he offers real logic and good, pro-town ideas in enough that I don't think he should be a n1 lynch.

I'm honestly not certain on the next best lynches, but enomis has done some scummy stuff without too much pro-town, so they are probably up next. Honestly I've been so beaten down by the cyclical nature of the last hundreds of posts (i.e. pretty much everything since we started putting these wagons together) that I'm going to have to take a long, careful read of individuals to really tell much.
Look at enomis and I's recent interaction. I feel that pushes him into more towny territory. (Not a townlock by any means however)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1879, Maduisha wrote:Anyway, time is running out. I'll be here reading the thread, so call me if someone needs me, I'll be available for the next 4h.

Otherwise I'll be doing something else because nobody likes my case, it seems...

Rip Quick.
u seem way too sure that quick is town. Why?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Quick »

@Dk, I will ask again.

Who is Town if I am Scum?
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1901, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1879, Maduisha wrote:Anyway, time is running out. I'll be here reading the thread, so call me if someone needs me, I'll be available for the next 4h.

Otherwise I'll be doing something else because nobody likes my case, it seems...

Rip Quick.
I already explained. He claimed VT instead of claiming a PR to make the actual ones come out. And I also think Votato is scum, so I doubt very much those two are partners.

I disliked when he tried to act mysterious about what he was doing, but I also don't think those posts come from scum trying to be townread at all.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1903, Maduisha wrote:

Rip Quick.
I already explained. He claimed VT instead of claiming a PR to make the actual ones come out. And I also think Votato is scum, so I doubt very much those two are partners.

I disliked when he tried to act mysterious about what he was doing, but I also don't think those posts come from scum trying to be townread at all.
Ah, you are here.

Please ask me stuff because I will feel uncomfortable if you don't.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Quick »

What do you make of me outing midway as VT?

Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1904, Quick wrote:

Rip Quick.

Ah, you are here.

I want to ask you the meaning of this post:
In post 984, Quick wrote:I said I was going to control the wagons and I am totally doing that rn. Plus, I don't think you really get what I am saying half the time.
Like... what effect did you think it would have on Midway when he was scumreading you? It honestly puzzles me.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1905, Quick wrote:What do you make of me outing midway as VT?
When did you out Midway as VT...? He never admitted to be anything, if I recall correctly.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1906, Maduisha wrote:
In post 1904, Quick wrote:

Rip Quick.

Ah, you are here.

I want to ask you the meaning of this post:
In post 984, Quick wrote:I said I was going to control the wagons and I am totally doing that rn. Plus, I don't think you really get what I am saying half the time.
Like... what effect did you think it would have on Midway when he was scumreading you? It honestly puzzles me.
I don't think I have been concerned about people SRing me all game and that includes midway as well. Plus, I was never even sure midway was SRing me at all so take that as you will.

Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Maduisha »

I am trying to understand the motivation of that post and others you made in the same vein and I just can't, so not caring fits more than there being an agenda behind it I guess...
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1909, Maduisha wrote:I am trying to understand the motivation of that post and others you made in the same vein and I just can't, so not caring fits more than there being an agenda behind it I guess...
At the time there was no wagons. There wasn't much going on at all. So that is why I thought I had to step up and make stuff happen.

Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Maduisha »

Do you agree with anything I said in and ?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1911, Maduisha wrote:Do you agree with anything I said in and ?
Yeah, those are good data posts. I wouldn't so much call them AI, but they do spell out what is happening in the game fairly well.

Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Maduisha »

I see. Do you have any questions for me? I have to go in 30 minutes, so please tell me if you do.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1913, Maduisha wrote:I see. Do you have any questions for me? I have to go in 30 minutes, so please tell me if you do.
What is your read on Dk? If it is that they are Town, make that case pls.

Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1914, Quick wrote:
In post 1913, Maduisha wrote:I see. Do you have any questions for me? I have to go in 30 minutes, so please tell me if you do.
Okay. Yes, he is town for me. The reason for that would be the way he has pressured and voted most of the current players ever since the game started. That aggressive playstyle calls for attention in one's slot and that's the last thing scum wants, since attention in the main thread often translates to town PRs using their night actions on said slots to make sure they are not power-wolfing (that term being, acting as town leader when you're scum).

My view of DK got reinforced by two things that happened. The first one would be when he got into an argument with Enomis early on and they both got very frustrated at each other, each in their own way. I read that interaction as town vs town because they both seemed to display genuine frustration to me. The second thing would be when Votato created the counter wagon on me when I was pushing Midway. When he did that, both Midway and DK voted me without hesitation. That helped me clear both of them, because they had both said they scumread me before and just were coherent with their vote without caring about appearances.

That's enough for me to tell this guy isn't faking anything.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Maduisha »

Guy or girl. I'm sorry, I always forget about their pronoun preference because I suck.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1915, Maduisha wrote:
Okay. Yes, he is town for me. The reason for that would be the way he has pressured and voted most of the current players ever since the game started. That aggressive playstyle calls for attention in one's slot and that's the last thing scum wants, since attention in the main thread often translates to town PRs using their night actions on said slots to make sure they are not power-wolfing (that term being, acting as town leader when you're scum).

My view of DK got reinforced by two things that happened. The first one would be when he got into an argument with Enomis early on and they both got very frustrated at each other, each in their own way. I read that interaction as town vs town because they both seemed to display genuine frustration to me. The second thing would be when Votato created the counter wagon on me when I was pushing Midway. When he did that, both Midway and DK voted me without hesitation. That helped me clear both of them, because they had both said they scumread me before and just were coherent with their vote without caring about appearances.

1. Dk's emotions seem forced. For example, I don't buy his push on me at all and I don't think he actually thinks I am Scum.
2. Can you show me a couple VCs where this stuff happened? I might poke around what was going on at the time.

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:56 am

Post by votato »

I've also been very aggressive, yet you scumread me. how do you reconcile the two?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1918, votato wrote:I've also been very aggressive, yet you scumread me. how do you reconcile the two?

midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:59 am

Post by midwaybear »

not the DK signature aggressiveness

pedit: lol what
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1917, Quick wrote:
In post 1915, Maduisha wrote:

1. Dk's emotions seem forced. For example, I don't buy his push on me at all and I don't think he actually thinks I am Scum.
2. Can you show me a couple VCs where this stuff happened? I might poke around what was going on at the time.
1. Well, I read it as towny, so this is subjective, I agree.
2. This is the votecount I'm talking about:
Spoiler:
In post 525, Datisi wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.11

With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Lynching
Maduisha
(4): Ydrasse, midwaybear, DkKoba, votato
midwaybear
(1): Apogee
DkKoba
(1): enomis

Not Voting
(3): Clemency, Maduisha, joqiza

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-05-15 10:45:00).

Mod notes:
[/area]
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1918, votato wrote:I've also been very aggressive, yet you scumread me. how do you reconcile the two?
I was thinking you were towny too, I was pretty comforable about your slot when you explained to Midway the value of my own wagon to me didn't mean I was trying to get lynched.

But then you started doing scummy stuff like lying and insulting, so rip.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:03 am

Post by midwaybear »

didn't votato vote before me and DK
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1923, midwaybear wrote:didn't votato vote before me and DK
Yeah, it went Ydrasse->Votato->You->DK, iirc? The point wasn't the fact that you guys voted, but the fact that you and DK said you scumread me earlier in the thread and went through with your suspicions with a vote when a wagon started to grow. That's why I'm confident about you two but not the other two.

Anyway, I have to go now, guys... I don't think I'll be around for the hammer because of my timezone, but hopefully the person who hammers understands my points and votes Votato and not Quick.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”