Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:57 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 5.3

TargetWagon
NorwegianboyEE
(3)
Elements (), Firebringer (), Green Crayons ()
Green Crayons
(1)
NorwegianboyEE ()
humaneatingmonkey
(1)
Isis ()
Not Voting
(3)
Deimos27, Looker, humaneatingmonkey ()

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. The Day 5 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-19 20:12:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:58 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Because you said if votato was scum, you were going to lynch Norwee as well. Can you see Norwee being scum with anyone else in the game right now?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Elements »

who suggested slowing down momentum?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:01 am

Deimos
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

^^^ Yeah as I explained I thought that votato and Norwegian couldn't be scum together per wagon analysis, but as the votato lynch sat longer in twilight I kept coming back to I really thought Norwegian was scum independent of votato's alignment.
In post 2773, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Let me just ask you this. If you think Norwee was scum, why did you let go of her lynch? Why did you choose to make Day 3 faster than it should be?
I already said:
In post 2242, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2240, Isis wrote:are you reading all of us with play that you are very broadly bayes theoreming as town or scum as though we are strangers and you feel like you can't know things

or do you feel like in this ninety (!) page game you are rapidly meeting/understanding people and have townreads and scumread based on how those people function

if it is the former i feel like you are hard scumreading votato probably even over norwee and are never giving me an "okay"

if it is the latter I feel like you are longposting atm
former

yes i'm hard scumreading votato

votato and norwegian are in equipoise.

I gave you an okay, thems the breaks
In post 2380, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2377, humaneatingmonkey wrote:EBWOP: You guys had majority on Norwee
Isis was away and oh holy hell I thought the hammer would have gotten us a flip by now.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Elements »

In post 2702, Deimos27 wrote:I'd prefer to play this day slower to kill scum momentum
Why is it scum momentum?
All my completed games
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2776, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Can you see Norwee being scum with anyone else in the game right now?
Yeah. Off the top of my head, the only person a Norwegian-scum likely clears based on associations is Isis. Maybe FB. So, everyone else.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:05 am

Okay my one-on-one with GC was confusing. I'm townreading him.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 am

I will learn a lot from my townplay after this game ends because I have zero grasp of what's happening right now
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 am

Fire let me know if you want me on the wagon again.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Elements »

In post 2784, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Fire let me know if you want me on the wagon again.
This is Fire, I've hacked Elements account. Put your vote back on we need this lynch.
All my completed games
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

How much more abuse can this Norwegian guy take?!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

We can end it for u if u like
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2707, Isis wrote:Deimos if any of your schoolwork is math I will try to help you

I don't like you personally it just seems like it might slightly benefit my wincon

therefore I think you would not be allowed to PM and would have to post your math issues in the thread (or in the scum PT if we are scum together???)

I like math a lot

I have not been drinking right now.
Unfortunately maths is one of my strongest subjects. And I'm gonna assume you don't know enough Finnish to help with Finnish poetry. How much do you know about Nigerian postcolonial literature and Human Resources (the business function)?
Spoiler: 2711
In post 2711, Isis wrote:
In post 2702, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2669, Isis wrote:i want deimos to scumread me so i can townread him lol
Why would scumreading you be town-indicative of me? On the contrary, I'm starting to lean town now with some of your recent posts. Can you explain your Firebringer tr? You said he has really good reads, but I know for a fact that he's wrong about me, for instance, and it's pretty hard to trust the reads of someone who is so reticent about their justification.
It's pretty impossible for me to interpret firebringer independent of meta. I prefer to read individual nuances of how Firebringer has played that kind of don't have much to do with wincon rather than try to sort him like a normal player and figure out whether he wants scum to win or wants town to win. That's because, uh, going to try really hard to keep cans of worms shut because i am constantly reconciling trying to like Firebringer with disliking people who don't play to wincon but he kind of doesn't (up to an including a case of scum selfkill).

So with that in mind, it's kind of irrelevant whether his reads are correct. It matters that he's making them and how he's making them. I think I could see him either townreading me or scumreading me if I rolled town against his scum (hasn't happened yet). But I don't see him wavering on a townread on me because it's not fun or memey.

In Alisae v Pine he played extremely antitown and everyone wanted to scumread him, and I mostly had him at 70% townlean all game based on him posting a joke about having scum PT access that I felt would give him pleasure if he did not have scum PT access and would fail to do so if he genuinely did. You can see his signature for an example of a "joke" that would give him pleasure if he had scum PT access. I felt like whether he was benefitting the town wincon was kind of irrelevant.

Here the tr is based on how the way he's constructed his townblock doesn't seem fun for him, and how I kind of don't think he'd find this game that fun as town, and how wavering on a TR of me definitely doesn't seem fun for scum!him (hard flipping on it does, but soft flipping on it seems so off). It's very specific and deliberate that I think the best explanation of him being scum is an utterly, complete, and entire town townblock he has presented to the thread as truth and would actually lose him the game if obeyed.

I think it's too late in the evening for me to figure out exactly how to probabilistically evaluate this information, especially relative to my uncertainty about
your
alignment, so I'll come back to it later. Seems to make sense but I don't know anything about FB's personality so it's like idk what he enjoys or how well he masks emotion.
In post 2724, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why are you all refusing to read GC? Am I being fucked with?
I have a townread on some of his D1 behaviour regarding the Cycle Men wagon, which I can go into if you wish. I generally don't resonate with his POV nor agree with his logic, but though that's psychologically disconcerting, I don't think it's scum-AI.
In post 2743, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2702, Deimos27 wrote:I wanted you to engage me on Alisae D3 and Norwee D4. You can still redeem yourself by articulating your scumread on the latter so I can understand where you're even coming from with your reads.
i think i already explained alisae townread? Alisae has a more of "in control" kind of play as scum. E never seemed to have control this whole game. E is also better at getting me to do what E wants when E is scum. None of that was present here. The flailing around while getting lynched, the unconvincing arguments. That is more town E than scum E. Scum E can convince me of things. Town E doesn't really.
I didn't ask for Alisae tr, I asked for Norwee sr. My use of the past tense there implied that you should have already engaged me on the days listed, rather than letting us mislynch your tr's with relative apathy.
In post 2744, Firebringer wrote:also since when did i need to redeem myself?
In addition to my annoyance about your behaviour days 3 and 4, I'm also annoyed you initially dodged/missed my follow-up question about your Alisae read, and just now dodged/missed my question about your Norwee read.
In post 2780, Elements wrote:
In post 2702, Deimos27 wrote:I'd prefer to play this day slower to kill scum momentum
Why is it scum momentum?
Did you miss the part of the game where we instalynched three townies in about 5 rl days or less?
I think scum objectively has momentum.

I also have the more selfish reason of wanting long days so I can make smaller daily commitments with exams upcoming. Alternatively we could speedrun this game so its over by, say, the end of Saturday — before my exams even start. That outcome, however, seems risky and inconducive to my wincon.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2788, Deimos27 wrote:I didn't ask for Alisae tr, I asked for Norwee sr. My use of the past tense there implied that you should have already engaged me on the days listed, rather than letting us mislynch your tr's with relative apathy.
okay well i also explained Norwee scumread. Do you wish for me to repeat myself?
In addition to my annoyance about your behaviour days 3 and 4, I'm also annoyed you initially dodged/missed my follow-up question about your Alisae read, and just now dodged/missed my question about your Norwee read.
Ive been engaging u as much as u go to engage with me. So his "ur dodging/missed" is like ???? U missed my explanation of Norwee scum.

Are u actually annoyed by this stuff or by me scumreading u?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

I can see maybe ur annoyed cause it seems like i have scumread u all game (and only in my inner thoughts did i ever put u at Null i never voiced it that u left my scumreads) but nothing ive seen from u tells me ur really town.

I never completely bought ur initial townread of me because I don't think u really thought about my scumcase (mostly cause u said u didn't even understand most of the post).
So now i almost want to go back to that response of just waving a townread of me for my scumcase on u originally.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

btw isis i just got done with running. Feeling good of that runners high.

AMA i am in a good mood.
Show

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Isis »

Is looker town
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2792, Isis wrote:Is looker town
if he is scum, im def not gonna be fooled by this attitude he projects.

He def doesn't seem like he is manipulating anyone in the direct fashion.
So yeah, i think ali was right and he is town.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2793, Firebringer wrote:if he is scum, im def not gonna be fooled by this attitude he projects.
i mean by this "if i ever play with looker again this attitude he projects won't fool me"
Show

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Isis »

I don't think he's manipulative as scum though
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

how would u describe his scum game?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

is his reads look like he is trying to placate anyone? I don't even think that is happening. I don't see him just agreeing with the general players. If he is scum he is going out of his way to do his own little thing in a weird way.
Show

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 11:53 am

Post by northsidegal »

-
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart