Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 6:26 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 549, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 540, brassherald wrote:Ironcat and Lilli is my best guess at a TvT argument if there is one.
Can you explain why you think this?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 6:31 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 533, lilith2013 wrote:Half the things you said about me in your post are wrong and don’t actually reflect what happened. You haven’t engaged with me directly to sort me whatsoever. You respond to me when I directly ask you questions, you respond to my posts disproportionately, but you have made no attempt to progress your read by seeking out my motivations or understanding my perspective. I asked you if you think scum blatantly defend each other, because I think that’s faulty reasoning, and you deflected by saying that actually multiple people have called me scum and that’s why you scumread me.

Scumpoints for voting the person I think is scum? Ok sure.
This post is still true for me re: ironcat. I try to have a direct engagement with him and instead of a response to my points, directed to me, he starts announcing why I’m scum to other people. He’s been doing that all game. He has yet to ask me a single question, talk to me about my reads, or otherwise engage directly with me - he’s deflected all of my attempts to engage with his content.

The other thing that bothers me about his read on me is that his original scumread was predicated on Freddie being scum and trying to call out me and ironcat together as a team, and he said that meant freddie and I were a scumteam. He then dropped his scumread of freddie but kept scumreading me for the same reason, even though that reason should have been predicated on freddie being scum and he no longer scumread freddie. If he no longer scumreads freddie and the original reason for scumreading me was that he thought freddie was trying to bus me, then once he townreads freddie the natural conclusion should be that we aren’t bussing, because freddie is the one who called me scum and not the other way around. In other words, I think he’s made up a scumread on me and then forced all of his posts and pushes to fit that read, instead of changing that read based on updated information.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 6:32 am

Post by lilith2013 »

That’s about all the effort I can manage atm, will check back in later.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

“The other thing that bothers me about his read on me is that his original scumread was predicated on Freddie being scum and trying to call out me and ironcat together as a team, and he said that meant freddie and I were a scumteam.“ im not sure who you’re talking about here Lilith. You said “the other thing that bothers me about his reads...” (his being ironcat, right?) but then you say “...trying tor call our me an ironcat together as a team...” it sounds like your suggesting that ironcat was suggesting you and he were a scum pair together. Would you mind clarifying that?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 7:15 am

Post by lilith2013 »

You were the one who was calling an ironcat/me team. [Freddie being scum and calling out me and ironcat as a team] is all under the same subject.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 7:17 am

Post by lilith2013 »

There’s also other stuff that bothers me but idk how worthwhile it is for me to spend time on putting together arguments when ironcat is being replaced. Maybe will do short summary.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 7:23 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 148, iamironcat wrote:It's funny how freddie is saying that filiiping is a mafia move - like that's the last thing they would do.
That being said, if I get killed tonight, investigate Lilith. I have a FOS on them.
It might be possible they would put the blame on Freddie.
FoSing me here even though, once again, the scumread on me was predicated on a scum!Freddie trying to bus me
In post 159, iamironcat wrote:
In post 151, feathers wrote:Idgi, you’re voting for Freddie but you’re also worried they’d be blamed?

Also, this is your afternoon? It’s mine as well! Where are you from?
Valid point here, he’s simultaneously calling Freddie scum/voting Freddie yet also saying town!Freddie would be blamed for a NK. You can’t have it both ways..
If I'm right that lilith's mafia, they could nk me or the others who suspect them and put the blame on Freddie since I suspected them.

Here's how it goes in mafia's mind:

Ok, so Freddie suspects cat and vice versa so let's NK cat and say that Freddie killed cat

idk if that makes sense but its crappy mafia move to kill those who suspects each other so maybe I'm wrong after all
Still voting Freddie here yet the tone and approach to Freddie implies a townread. Again, simultaneously voting/scumreading Freddie and also saying town!Freddie will be blamed for NKs, as if he knows Freddie is town and is just making shit up to pin a scumread on Freddie (and secondarily, me)
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 7:26 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 190, iamironcat wrote:VOTE:
lilith2013

In post 159, iamironcat wrote: If I'm right that lilith's mafia, they could nk me or the others who suspect them and put the blame on Freddie since I suspected them.

Here's how it goes in mafia's mind:

Ok, so Freddie suspects cat and vice versa so let's NK cat and say that Freddie killed cat

idk if that makes sense but its crappy mafia move to kill those who suspects each other so maybe I'm wrong after all
If I'm right, then Freddie is "town"
Here he flips his read on Freddie to a townread, but keeps the scumread on me. Again, if his scumread of me depended on scum!Freddie bussing me, then once he townreads Freddie he shouldn’t have a reason to think Freddie is bussing me because Freddie wouldn’t be scum in that scenario, and therefore the scumread on me should also have changed at this point.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 460, iamironcat wrote:It was part of an idea I had to draw out scum. I put myself up as bait and say "investigate this person if I get NK'd".
Also I think this is fake.

If you’re trying to draw the NK, announcing who to investigate in the case of your death doesn’t..... do anything. Once you’ve announced who should be investigated, whoever the scumteam is will use that to blame the kill on whoever you named (in this case, me). If you’re truly scumreading me, then you wouldn’t announce to my face that killing you puts suspicion on me, because then scum!me wouldn’t kill you if I actually think suspicion would fall on me. I don’t believe this is a genuine attempt to “bait out” anything, I think ironcat just tried to throw shade on my slot and then had to come up with a reason for why he said those things.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 596, votato wrote:Interesting that of all the reads of all the people you chose that one, fish.
It's interesting that I ask you to explain the read you've been stuck on with no attempt to engage or sort that slot, have been voting while espousing how scummy they are, and really you haven't done much else besides tunnel in on copy.

So I need to figure out if you're town who's got a smell of truffles on their about, or scum tied to a read they can't get away from.

Really strange that I ask you to explain your vote, almost like I'm trying to see why you're voting the way you are to see if I'm missing something or if you're tilting at windmills.

No, actually, it's not weird. It's how the game is played.

Nice attempt to discredit me though. Wanna try again?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:17 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Fish, are you still scumreading ironcat?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Formerfish »

Yeah, no reason to change that read yet. I wasn't getting much traction, and didn't feel like going all Ed Norton on Jared Leto in fight club for no reason, so I pivoted to find his partner.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 318, brassherald wrote:You may be posting but you definitely are not saying anything.
This post is ironic because it's 25th on your iso, but it's like the 1st with any sort of content. So to say someone else is posting fluff is a big lol.

In a paragraph can you explain your Copy read. I would appreciate if you didn't quite a previous post as well, I want new words from you, not rehashed shit on a plate.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 326, brassherald wrote:
In post 324, votato wrote:no, hes saying that since you have no one pocketed you have no one you want kept alive. youre willing to kill anyone.
THANK YOU!

I'm not just going insane.
Normally when people answer for others it's seen as a bad thing, instead brass seems happy that vota stepped in and explained what Brass was saying. Huh, almost like they have a deeper connection maybe?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 538, brassherald wrote:I'm cool with where my vote is. I feel like there's lots of noise from Kat but not much else. Feeling good about it.
You've made almost no mention of why your vote is on copy, but you sure want us to know you feel good about it. Hell I feel good about most things I out little thought or effort into as well, it's easy when you don't have any conviction behind your read.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 557, brassherald wrote:Did I miss Gibus in my last post? I am so null on that slot, too and can't figure out why.
That's funny, you had gibus as scum right behind copy a minute ago.

Someone asked you about how Gib switched his vote around a lot, and you said you think it's scummy too, but are more focused on copy. You get so focused you forgot you were sring give?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 319, brassherald wrote:
In post 317, feathers wrote:CopyKat, the town setup we're using has two mafia members. Brass is saying he thinks you're switching accusations so fast that it's like you don't care who gets lynched besides two people, aka you and the other scum.

Btw Brass again isn't this also what Gibus is doing? Why did you move your vote off him then?
Gibus is doing the same thing, but we only have 1 lynch today, and right now, I am more interested in this one.
Hey, there it is!
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 560, brassherald wrote:Gibus, Fish and Freddie are still nulls.

Gibus probably towards the town line, fish towards the Scum line in my mind.
Where's the TR on Gib coming from?

Why am I closer to scum for you?

These are just baseless statements you've made with no attempt to qualify them.

Brass is the most likely to be a cumquat. Vota is a donkey.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Brass

Let's dance.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 8:41 am

Post by CopyKat »

sorry I'm here. will get caught up tonight.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 9:18 am

Post by votato »

i am NOT a donkey!
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 617, Formerfish wrote:These are just baseless statements you've made with no attempt to qualify them. Vota is a donkey.
Baseless statement with no attempt to qualify, therefore nothing to take serious or to be very worried about.

Brass is all bark and no bite.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Formerfish »

Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 11:25 am

Post by votato »

I have a horn. None of the donkeys in that video have horns
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 618, Formerfish wrote:VOTE: Brass

Let's dance.
Do you think brass and ironcat are partners?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”