NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

>Dayvig Hoctac
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Hoctac »

>Dayprotect Hoctac
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Hoctac »

what's the case on word? i don't see it
not yet sentient
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by votato »

In post 224, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 223, votato wrote:how close is word to a lynch here? fairly close yeah? his post is scummy. but i dunno if its wagon-this-big scummy.
And where exactly do you wish to focus if you want people off Word321?
I didnt say that i want people off word. Im just concerned about the number of bad votes on that wagon
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Hoctac »

actually after checking some meta the word wagon is fine
not yet sentient
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 230, votato wrote:
In post 224, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 223, votato wrote:how close is word to a lynch here? fairly close yeah? his post is scummy. but i dunno if its wagon-this-big scummy.
And where exactly do you wish to focus if you want people off Word321?
I didnt say that i want people off word. Im just concerned about the number of bad votes on that wagon
Which are he bad votes in your opinion?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by votato »

you checked that meta pretty fast there bud
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by votato »

In post 196, votato wrote:
In post 192, Aloratom wrote:VOTE: word

because why not
dont like this vote at all.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Hoctac »

In post 233, votato wrote:you checked that meta pretty fast there bud
yep
not yet sentient
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I agree that Aloratom’s ISO is lacking. But it’s too early in the game for me to find that allignment indicative. His vote is fine with me.

- Bunno
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by word321 »

Ya r all getting on my nerve. So let me address ur whole "case" on me, as seen from any players perspective upon reading othger ppl:
-1st: Gut readings/indetermined reason (, , , )
-2nd: Sheeping (, ) (The distintion can be quite blurry)
-3rd: Meta (, )
-4th: Specific commentaries: ()
-5th: Tone read ()

Of course, the actual reason to passing such a judgement may be a mix and match of the above, but that is what we can objectively observe.

From these, the 1st is hard/impossible to address, to some extent. Go to the 3rd for something.

The second directly lacks content, and should simply be pointed out.

The third IS valid; farsides post, for example, was actually correct to some extent. Traditionally Ive introduced myself on the 3 games Ive played with my UTC (wich now is in my signature, if u havent noticed) and saying Im southamerican. This, again, is a fair observation; I havent actually introduced myself here, and my tone aint as friendly as, lets say, 1997, wich is probably what she read.
Here r some points to be taken into account for:

1. This is not a newbie game; comparatively speaking, Im probably the least experienced player here. No reason to actually try hard to help anyone on that regard.
2. No one never bothered to actually spontaneously introduce themselves until now; henceforth I dnt bother either, at least in a large with so many players, specially considering there was already enough activity when I posted (to 9-player standards).

And about the "nice/helpful player" style, I somewhat dropped it in favor of a more aggro style; an ISO at ANY point of 1999 can show that, specially cause I arrived there after experiencing 1997, particularly awful on my playstyle.

And about treckos comment, I can only speculate on what he actually read, and how. My bet is he is basing it on my response to previous wagons: "would he act like he is now?"

So, since u r metaing me, Ill point some illustrative events on previous games to illuminate on how I actually see the game (I know this is kind of biased, but hey, accusations on the past, ansers on the past; see by urself and judge it to ur liking):

1.On my style/tone:
1. On my approach to pushes:
--My push on flame, wich is as early as 6 days ago, on newbie 1999; it began on Post 536 and "ended" on 560. It is similar to my push on NorwegianBoy on this game ; first the push, then an explanation on it, directly to both the person involved and the rest of the playerbase.
--My push on Sea Urchin on the same game, from to also follow the same format stated above.

The reason for such an aproach, specially for an explanation in the end, is simple; it lands the conception of ur observations on town, and helps the player himself improve on that bit, observe that bit, or feel threatened by that bit. More on NorwegianBoy in particular at the end of the post.

2. On my view of the game/reaction to my wagon:
--Reaction to lookers push on Newbie 1999 on Post 47.
--Reaction to Kyoukos push on Newbie 1999 on Post 198 and Post 234
--Reaction to Maras push on Newbie 1992 on Post 1460
--View on the game on GWs wagon, newbie 1992 on Post 1055
--In general, 1999 is a good game to see how I valuate info, how I see interactions by themselves, and the way I trat votes, specially on the first part of Post 280 (if u omit the second part, wich was a blunder)

In general, I try to point out specific arguments done against my person, and try to discern the mentality of other ppl through that where there is content to work with (wich is te case of this post, if u havent noticed); that was the case with kyoukos and maras push on the above posts; But that is when the push may be actually harmful or have some actual content in them; lookers reaction is more akin to an "empty" wagon (wich is this, for the most part, except the issues directly addressed). Also, the post on GW actually shows more my mentality on the matter of the possibility of being killed; we play to maximize possibilities of town winning, it has nothing to do with surviving to see it through. That is rly overvaluated. Hence, on a wagon, it is more important to weighting the players in it with their actions and the arguyments transactioned rather that "just" defending; it can be an opportunity for everyone, me being the target or not. For instance, this has been the most informative event so far in the game, and this is just the first day!

The 4th point was already addressed at some point; this was at first the only thing I could actually answer.

The 5th was addresed with the 3rd point. Yes; this wagon is good in a sense. No; Im not changing my mind. No; its not lamist to either think or point that.

Overall, Objectively speking not even 80% of the voters actually account for their vote. Notably, farside HAS been consistent with her suspiciousness; she has metadived for answers, and that makes me have a tl on her. Its not a conftown of course, cause she actually playing the game being comparatively better to the rest dsnt actually warrant her alignment, but her actions by themselves r actually more towny than scum in nature.

Trecko can or cannot fall on that cathegory depending on his motives for suspiciousness, and I would like if he pointed that out.

Ive already said what I had to said about both madonna and bear.

And about u, NorwegianBoy, if I had to place my chips somewhere, Id say ur simply a town in a deadtunnel. Dnt take it the wrong way, pal; but its easily observable when u go as far as ignoring the potential menace of other player, or adding "imaginary" value to the opinion of a player with 0 content; u find it "plausible" only cause it agrees with u, when objectively speaking there is nothing; nothing new, nothing actually related for the reasons he thinks that way, only raw speculation that u r filling. Thats some kind of bias that comes easier when one dsnt have access to priviledged information. I simply think u r persecuted; the most harmed person for that kind of attitude is u, bear that in mind.

And towards the rest of the spontaneous generation band, it varies form case to case; 7po actions, for example, can lead ppl to taking account of their actions, and he was willing to do the same after that, wich is good; he also have some content of sorts. But we cannot let ppl who actually lurk to do so freely, and it impress me no one has as much as directed their questions towards any of the multiple players who simply r there; sure, this is day 1, so it is not as certain; but being "simply there" shouldnt be a viable choice.

And there u go, a case out of thin air. So go ahead NorwegianBoy, and tell me:
What r the so many called motives u see for such a big wagon to remain without the need to question the judgement or the intention of the integrants?

Ill admit it; I DID get somewhat angry with the last posts.
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Word321
Lmao, and who did you say was ‘defensive’ or ‘felt threatened’ earlier? That’s quite the wall you just wrote.

Anyway, as far as i can tell you are saying your belief is that i am town tunneling you? That’s a phrase i often hear scum say when they want to dissipate mounting suspicion on them. Also, you are saying scum is sitting outside the wagon and is content to do nothing? Do you think none/few mafia are actually voting you right now? Why is that?
"I think you are persecuted", by who? I haven’t felt persecuted at all this game. Why are you always making assumptions about me and events surrounding the game? I haven’t even played with you before and now you started off by acting like my psychiatrist. It feels manipulative and i do not appreciate it.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 237, word321 wrote:What r the so many called motives u see for such a big wagon to remain without the need to question the judgement or the intention of the integrants?
It’s barely been a day so far. Not that much time to start questioning why the wagon remains. If you want to question the judgement and intention of the ‘integrants’ as you call them. You need only do it. Instead of doing that you seem to be more focused on wasting time with empty words and AtE. "These posts made me angry" etc... It’s really just a waste of time.

- Bunno
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 178, midwaybear wrote:idk he gave an intro too in his reply to my RQS. In 1997, people were scumreading him because his posts were a bit too formal and because he had a sort of "goodieboy" attitude. He was town in that game
I would say that was my problem. It is the way he worded himself. Basically what popopo stated.
In post 193, popopopopopopo wrote:happy with this wagon, posts look very forced.
In post 210, popopopopopopo wrote:uh oh

vote: manatee
Curious why did you vote manatee if you felt the way you did about word?
*Pats unicorn*
I like you better this way.

Just a few more questions word.
Why was madona's vote the one that set you off? Have you ever seen a wagon just form with little reason's before in any of your games?
I'm going to touch a little about what I caught that bugged me.
In post 172, word321 wrote:
In post 162, midwaybear wrote:yeah sure
however, I am a bit cautious. I don't really see anything too out of the blue with word's current posts compared to his standard town meta
This is both "gratuitous" and was umprompted; theres no reason to do this as scum, and constitutes my first somewhat serious tl.
It's not something I have seen you really say in your other games. It does read very forced as far as commentary goes.

Hello Nahdia and ABR.
ABR you know how I feel about sheeping I'm not sure why you are following and you only get so much room for doing that, but not much and definitely not with me.
Nahdia: I would like to see an expansion of what you found scummy on word.

I also have a slight scum read on ND for 173 followed with [urlhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11825505#p11825505]post 177[/url] reads buddish. Not sure why he felt the need to ask the question to mid about a town read and then just agreeing with him. Felt very much like mid should take a shower after getting hit on my someone gross.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:16 am

Post by bob3141 »

votato i see you voted for mante during rvs is that now a serous vote now that a wagon has built on him?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:17 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 196, votato wrote:
In post 192, Aloratom wrote:VOTE: word

because why not
dont like this vote at all.
You say you dont like alorts vote but what do you think of him in general?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:21 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 200, Aloratom wrote:But really.

VOTE: word

What is your reason for scum reading word?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Word is getting defensive quite quickly. I wonder why?

Farside please. I'm lazy and tired.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:27 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 240, farside22 wrote:Curious why did you vote manatee if you felt the way you did about word?
i looked at his other games. he has a labored posting style. after that wall im finding it hard seeing the scum case against him.

manatee's mixed reactions to norcs questioning feels like a better lead.
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:35 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 231, Hoctac wrote:actually after checking some meta the word wagon is fine
I don’t like this

VOTE: Hoctac

I think Word is probably town.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:52 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 245, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 240, farside22 wrote:Curious why did you vote manatee if you felt the way you did about word?
i looked at his other games. he has a labored posting style. after that wall im finding it hard seeing the scum case against him.

manatee's mixed reactions to norcs questioning feels like a better lead.
i meant hoctac's questioning, dont know why i said norc, had just woken up...
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m always under the impression that large normals will be very busy and have loads of posts. But then the game just dies.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 5:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 246, gobbledygook wrote:I think Word is probably town.
You’re not saying why.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”