Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

meta is simply a license to justify actions whether good or bad.

I hate meta. And thats exactly what mastina is trying to do here. Justify her play so far.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3245, mastina wrote:It really is just a simple balance of probability; what am I most likely to do as town versus what I am most likely to do as scum.
you know I TRIED to explain this same concept regarding ETL. You trying to use that same logic here to get others to tr you based on meta is what i was trying to do with etl based on percieved personality with ETL.

You were having none of that.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3242, Quick wrote:This is going to need some explaining and not the NAI kind...
its because of how she handled the ETL situation.

Mastina had more experience with ETL and I pretty much guessed off ETLs personality she was town while mastina hammered home she was scum.

Im also aware mastina is a really good player and I'd expect her to read ETL correctly there.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

ircher is taking a hardline stance against answering in mech questions so i assume infected knowing their alignments or not isn't the actual problem but probably something about existence of cures :)
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3252, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 3242, Quick wrote:This is going to need some explaining and not the NAI kind...
its because of how she handled the ETL situation.

Mastina had more experience with ETL and I pretty much guessed off ETLs personality she was town while mastina hammered home she was scum.

Im also aware mastina is a really good player and I'd expect her to read ETL correctly there.
Does mastina have BoP? Didn't think you could get lynched for being wrong.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Woah people are trying really hard!
(Then there’s me who’s purposely slacking because I’m in other games lol)
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Don’t worry though.
I will try eventually.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 397, mastina wrote:
In post 14, Miss Lane wrote:Nero, are you related to Eddie Came in any way?
Eh, they have
vaguely
similar styles of play, but are very much distinctly different players.

Also, might be a meme game but first instinct:
VOTE: EspeciallyTheLies.

Not gonna even pretend I'd have any gauge of ETL's meta years-later.
Even if I did have perfect memory of how she played (and I most decidedly do not), the years of absence probably did change said meta anyway. But like.

Instant vibe from her opening?

Even in a meme game (or, you could say,
especially
in a meme game), probably just scum.
In post 485, mastina wrote:
In post 439, farside22 wrote:Mastina: what is you scum read on EtL based on?
Everything.
This instantly pegged me as being far, far too serious especially for a meme game.
In post 11, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:However, I would like to know how we gain immunity, because nothing in my role PM explained that bit. I didn't know if I should direct the question publicly to the mod in the thread or not, so I asked via PM. <<<
@mod: I hope this is ok to post?
The rules on this site have changed so much since I last played regularly, I have no idea whats kosher anymore.
Not only did this continue the trend of being too serious, it was also, to use a buzzword, LAMIST; ETL was putting in effort to look like she was being town, without doing anything that was actually town. Furthermore, the asking of the question looks entirely fake, or if there were truth to it, scum asking about the town's role PMs due to not having all the information they think they need.

has her accuse Miss Lynch of trying awfully hard when her own iso is by far the most guilty of that sin. The fight with Miss Lynch in general felt like a forced fight to get early cheap towncred, too, as people are likely to write off a fight of that nature as TvT. It's a common scum tactic for people of her generation; you deliberately enter into a fight with a town player early who is suspicious of you. That way, their suspicions look less likely to be correct, and people are more inclined to think that both participants are wrongly-tunneling town. It gives a way to stay out of the spotlight later on, because people have written you off as wrong-town, rather than scum.

I know ETL AtEs as both alignments and her AtE this game didn't feel town at all
; it felt particularly 'fake', for lack of a better word--maybe overblown would be better? In that I have little doubts ETL felt emotions, but her posting here felt like it was overplaying them, for lack of better terminology. Forcing the feelings, I guess you could say.

Everything about her content this game has felt incredibly calculated and precise, with an odd level of calmness. She radiates an aura of cool, collected, precise posting, one of artificial tone.

Better question isn't why am I scumreading ETL; it's why are you townreading her? That's literally why I initially placed you so low initially; your early defense of her felt off. (I later reconsidered and thought it more likely you're town wrongly defending scum.)
we will start with this contradiction to begin with.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3254, Quick wrote:Does mastina have BoP?
BoP?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3258, Tchill13 wrote:
BoP?
Burden of proficiency. And no, she doesn't. No one does D1.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1694, mastina wrote:I think ETL is playing a good scumgame as shown by the players townreading her. If ETL is town, then this is not her finest moment tho. The only good a town-ETL would've done this game is having those aforementioned townreads on her. Because like I've said--ETL's content this game has looked town without actually doing anything town.

If she is scum, this is good play; if she is town, then there's no real good play to be seen in that approach.

So, really, depends on your alignment here.
If you're scum, your play here is excellent as you're doing exactly what you should be doing as scum especially in a game of this nature
. If you're town, your play is objectively not good with the one good spot being the ability to have garnered some townreads on your slot, the same thing which is better for scum here than town.
what an egotistical statement, mastina is so good she'll catch you as scum d1 even if you're playing the perfect scum game. This seems like confbias or you were setting up the rest of the game to believe ETL was actually playing a good scum game (she wasnt, she got lynched d1)

idk how you SR someone for being town read and having content that looks towny.

now keep in mind i already believe mastina is too good for this behavior AND I also know she's had history with ETL.

this is why I think mastina is scum.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3259, Quick wrote:
In post 3258, Tchill13 wrote:
BoP?
Burden of proficiency. And no, she doesn't. No one does D1.
cool story bro. play how you like.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1700, mastina wrote:Which is why I say--if you're town, that's a total failure on your part, where you have every power in the world to have pushed more and done more, but are choosing to blame everyone else, choosing to say it's the fault of the rest of the town rather than your own doing.

But if you're scum, there's no failure at all, because that play is precisely the optimal scum play to make, especially in a game of this nature.

You're doing things that are optimal for scum but are, for a town player, an objective failure of an approach.

The respect I have in your capabilities as a player, the respect I have in your competency, demands that in an assessment of your play, balance of probability, that the play that is self-explanatory as scum but which makes no sense as town, is just you as scum.
constantly setting up the fact mastina is not to be blamed if ETL flips town here, because it is ETL's fault she's played so poorly as town. But ETL is caught if she's playing "the perfect scum game"

A LITERAL lose/lose situation for ETL here. I see scum setup this situation of "im not to be blamed because theyre obv terrible town" more times than I see town do it.

Ego town usually does not go to this extent to lay out WHY the play is so bad as town.

usually ego town just tunnels with poor reasoning. The depth of reason preflip why someone is bad town almost always comes from scum in my experience.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3260, Tchill13 wrote:idk how you SR someone for being town read and having content that looks towny.
In post 3252, Tchill13 wrote:Mastina had more experience with ETL and I pretty much guessed off ETLs personality she was town while mastina hammered home she was scum.

*sigh*

This is a Bull Shit reason to SR someone, seriously.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1716, mastina wrote:
In post 1130, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I think infected people can infect other people by doing night actions but mafia don’t inherently infect people with their actions.
I'm somewhat skeptical of this. :dead:

In post 1164, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1159, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Omg what if almost everyone has a night action but we have to STAY HOME to prevent it spreading too fast???
but town gotta have compulsive roles to mimic essential workers.
Or be healthcare workers whose jobs are to try and prevent the disease but which require them to be in conditions hazardous given the disease. :doc:[/quote]

why are you entertaining setup spec from someone you KNOW is scum?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3263, Quick wrote:This is a Bull Shit reason to SR someone, seriously.
bull shit reason for calling ETL town but wooptie do i was right. So either hop on my luck wagon or get out the way. Because i already know you believe i have no idea what im talking about. Ofc youre an alt that has played with me before (or youve just played with me b4 and i cant remember). Either way youre starting to get annoying. You dont care to even try and see why this perspective makes sense to me. You only care to belittle.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3265, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 3263, Quick wrote:This is a Bull Shit reason to SR someone, seriously.
bull shit reason for calling ETL town but wooptie do i was right. So either hop on my luck wagon or get out the way. Because i already know you believe i have no idea what im talking about. Ofc youre an alt that has played with me before (or youve just played with me b4 and i cant remember). Either way youre starting to get annoying. You dont care to even try and see why this perspective makes sense to me. You only care to belittle.
No, I just think you have pretty good Scum equity.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 2121, mastina wrote:
In post 1839, davesaz wrote:You are asserting ETL hasn't actually done anything town. This can easily be disproven by examples of things she is doing that are obviously town.
And what would those things be? Things which didn't just look town but were
actually
town?
In post 1839, davesaz wrote:If your case is something different than that, then please enlighten us.
My case is more or less that what ETL has done is incredibly fake across the board; the only things not faked are things that are obviously nai, e.g. her AtE, her mechanics posting. Her posts are "easy" to make, for lack of a better word.
In post 1853, Tchill13 wrote:ETL has been too loud today.
Loudness is not a towntell least of all from ETL. Especially not frustration, especially not toxicity, especially not for AtE.
In post 1853, Tchill13 wrote:you cant convince me she's throwing as scum to set 2, 3 ppl up thats hard defending her?
What's 'throwing' about her play? Nothing in her play this game is throwing if she's scum. The self-vote when nowhere close to a lynch is a classic scum move from the era ETL was a player in; she is very well-versed in the theory of self-voting for the towncred.
In post 1850, Tchill13 wrote:it is slightly irritating to think you actually believe the game is this easy. I almost dont believe you actually think that.
Oh, the game being easy wouldn't be 2/3 of the lurkers scum; the game being easy would be all three of the lurkers scum! I happen to think the game's harder due to ETL being scum. :doc:

Still, tho. At this point, I'll vote whichever of {ETL, Creature, Aristophanes} has the most votes. Right now that is ETL. That said:
In post 1859, Jake The Wolfie wrote:This game is really hard to track tbh.
It is posts like this which
would
make me think that, yes, the game is that easy. :igmeou:
none of this looks like mastina believes ETL is playing a perfect scum game. Everything she's accusing ETL of is something anyone can do or achieve as scum.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3266, Quick wrote:No, I just think you have pretty good Scum equity.
why is that? Other than me "making no sense" why do I have that?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3253, OkaPoka wrote:ircher is taking a hardline stance against answering in mech questions so i assume infected knowing their alignments or not isn't the actual problem but probably something about existence of cures :)
Okay so you are clear then. Read my posts near SoD.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 2122, mastina wrote:There's a weight between the possible town motive for an action, and a possible scum motive for the action. The town motive for the action is...well, honestly, it's hard to tell because there isn't much of one. The scum motive for the action is to shut down the suspicion on her slot, play wounded gazelle to get sympathizers to help defend her and divide the town and break unity, get people who're suckers for AtE to townread her.
mastinas case on etl essentially boils down to:

"ETL isnt good enough to trick me like she has yall. She's played a perfect scum game (or a terrible town game, if so not my fault LULz) But I, Mastina, can't be fooled. I have caught her."
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3270, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 2122, mastina wrote:There's a weight between the possible town motive for an action, and a possible scum motive for the action. The town motive for the action is...well, honestly, it's hard to tell because there isn't much of one. The scum motive for the action is to shut down the suspicion on her slot, play wounded gazelle to get sympathizers to help defend her and divide the town and break unity, get people who're suckers for AtE to townread her.
mastinas case on etl essentially boils down to:

"ETL isnt good enough to trick me like she has yall. She's played a perfect scum game (or a terrible town game, if so not my fault LULz) But I, Mastina, can't be fooled. I have caught her."
Again, being wrong doesn't mean you are Scum... Especially D1. Come on now, be serious here.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 2663, mastina wrote:So, given that:
VOTE: EspeciallyTheLies.
I promised I'd vote whichever of Ari/ETL/Creature had most votes and right now that's ETL. (If you don't want her to be in hammer range, then the impetus to unvote is on you because I refuse to not vote her.)

And as promised, will be replying to the content I read but didn't respond to earlier.
constantly giving excuses/reasons she isnt going to be held responsible for whatever ETL flips.

this is what decent scum do. They look to AVOID any responsibility they have in a flip.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

quick why do I have scum equity.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3273, Tchill13 wrote:quick why do I have scum equity.
Because your interactions with other people suck balls.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”