Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Toe pick.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Nauci »

I like this post from votato

Though as per my previous question, I still have the same question about this as FF does here

I like don't dislike the argument in this but at the same time it wasn't presented until much later than and I'd like to know what you thought before before ever happened

Lilith did you just call out your own Bloody Mary moment

Wait did the same person do a classic scum SUPER self-conscious reads post AND a classic scum "I give up just lynch me" in one game
In post 531, iamironcat wrote:Btw, +1 scum points for her moving her vote over to me from kat. Pro scum move!
Are you sarcastically calling her vote OMGUS or are you saying it's actually a good move for scum?
In post 535, Formerfish wrote:Most of this wall of text is just a synopsis of that posts. There is very little analysis of what any of it means. You've wasted your own time for writing it, and ours for having to read it.

You're a trash player and it's time to start a trash fire
I knew this would draw an entertaining but NAI reaction :popcorn:

If Lilith keeps interacting almost exclusively with posts directly concerning her past page 22 I'm comin' for ya ass gurl

That's a totally understandable reason to not have a read on fish but at the same time there's a whooole wide world out there of posts unrelated to him and I hope we see some words about those
In post 557, brassherald wrote:Did I miss Gibus in my last post? I am so null on that slot, too and can't figure out why.

Also ironcat and lilith both seem to be reasoning out their reads, granted I think they are both wrong, but also both genuinely thinking and coming to the wrong conclusion
Brass, either you've really changed, or you're not trying and succeeding at explaining your thoughts more because you're scum

annnnnd Brass can't answer me because he's gone QQ
In post 562, CopyKat wrote:UNVOTE:

I think I let myself get emotional. We will need to sort votato prior to lylo though.
I hate hate hate hate hate this excuse for unvoting it's such a lazy scummy one for nervous backtracking

let us cull the scum from our herd today ladies and gents
In post 566, CopyKat wrote:I don't know about you.

I had town read you before and I'm questioning now but I'm trying to figure out if that's just an emotional response to our recent interactions.
And this follow up just muddies the waters even more. SO much fence-sitting on one read and backing out of votes it's classic newbscum play

& basically cement votato as town for me
In post 572, iamironcat wrote:From that moment, he had been behaving defensive and accusing people of what he's doing.
I honestly think that's just his style; there are a handful of players on MS are similar and I usually put them in a "sort on day 2" mental list

but I can see the case for Lilith
In post 579, Freddiethelady wrote:brass even said he forgot i was playing. lol.
Smaaall chance of newbscum nervousness but likely totally genuinely bringing up a thing that would count against them and shrugging it off nonchalantly because town
In post 579, Freddiethelady wrote:the other person i am curious about and watching is brass. i played my first game with brass and he was pretty loud and opinionated - it surprises me that he isn't the same way.
Yeah it's page 24 and I am still not at all seeing the typical talkative and highly considered Brass that I have previously seen over the course of several games
In post 584, Formerfish wrote:Freddie came out hot and heavy, then went away and is cold now. He was voting and pushing ironcat, and then he unvoted and is pushing no one.
People have definitely FoSed me in past games where I unvoted someone I no longer scum-read but hadn't had time to figure out a better place to throw my vote yet and I just don't think it's scummy or at the least isn't alignment indicative
In post 580, Freddiethelady wrote:also, in post #53 i voted for ironcat because it was the RVS and he was being flaky as i stated. after that i was reading through his ios and watching his exchanges with the other players. i get the sense that he is just trying to clear his name but he had engaged in a few fights that forced him to justify some emotionally charged posts, which is hard to do when every word is scrutinized (as it should be in a game like this lol). in addition, and this is a gut read, post #159 #550 and his unusual attempts to 'draw out scum' don't seem like a scummy things to do to me. for that im going to unvote/ironcat/unvote
Do you think that Formerfish would have hopped off of the wagon to attack the person who left the wagon just before him whether it was your or Lilith interchangeably?

Sweetheart you are still Beetlejuicing

@Lilith I follow this logic but I'm still on the side of incompetence over malice
In post 603, Freddiethelady wrote:“The other thing that bothers me about his read on me is that his original scumread was predicated on Freddie being scum and trying to call out me and ironcat together as a team, and he said that meant freddie and I were a scumteam.“ im not sure who you’re talking about here Lilith. You said “the other thing that bothers me about his reads...” (his being ironcat, right?) but then you say “...trying tor call our me an ironcat together as a team...” it sounds like your suggesting that ironcat was suggesting you and he were a scum pair together. Would you mind clarifying that?
Lilith is saying that you (Freddie) said that she and Ironcat were scum together. She is then saying that Ironcat thought she was scum with you, and that you were calling her scum because you were bussing her. She then thinks that if ironcat thinks you (Freddie) are town, then he can no longer think she is scum if his original basis for scum reading her is that you are scum who is calling her scum because bussing but you are not scum

I no longer know if I made that better or worse
In post 606, lilith2013 wrote:You can’t have it both ways..
Why not? Is WIFOM scummy or towny?

Yay a WIFOM party
In post 609, Formerfish wrote:you haven't done much else besides tunnel in on copy
tunneling on scum is acceptable
In post 614, Formerfish wrote:
In post 538, brassherald wrote:I'm cool with where my vote is. I feel like there's lots of noise from Kat but not much else. Feeling good about it.
You've made almost no mention of why your vote is on copy, but you sure want us to know you feel good about it. Hell I feel good about most things I out little thought or effort into as well, it's easy when you don't have any conviction behind your read.
Not only is he not doing something I expect a town slot would do, he's not doing just about anything I expect a town Brass to do

Very nice catch by Formerfish, no pun intended
In post 633, brassherald wrote:Reads change over time. It's part of playing a game
Brass is an experienced enough player to know that the fact that reads are changing isn't what this whole accusation is about at all and it's dirty to try and pretend it was
In post 654, osuka wrote:I think ironcat was actively trying to get himself killed
policy killed maybe
In post 675, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:

Votecount 1.09
Osuka (1)
- lilith2013,
CopyKat (2)
- Brassherald, votato,
Freddiethelady (1)
- osuka
Brassherald (1)
- Formerfish,

Not Voting (4) -
Nasi, gibus, CopyKat, Freddiethelady,

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-05-21 11:05:00)
@Elmo
the new name you have given me is uncomfortably close to Nazi may I have my name back kthxbaiand don't hate me for this affrontery
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by gibus »

VOTE: CopyKat (Tuxedo Mask)
Back at L-2
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 749, Nauci wrote:Gibus I'm real proud of how much better your posts got though I don't agree with your views
Better in what way?
outsmarts bullet
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Nauci »

Nauci's Listicular Spectacular Numéro Deux: Electric Boogaleux

Never Lynch–No Really, Never

• Nauci (formerly Feathers)
  • Osuka (formerly Iamironcat)
  • Gibus
These Scummers A'ight

• Formerfish - I can see his POV pretty well, even if they're sometimes awfully dramatic; contributed good amount of scumhunting scrutiny
  • Freddiethelady - Just feels like newbtown to me; I think there would be much more detectable anxiety if newbscum
  • Votato - None of what I said about IIOA/fluff posts applied to the posts after page 14, and has been tunneling scum
Insufficient Data, We Require More Pylons

• Yay this list is empty! Good Job Team!
Mmmm, Ionno...

• lilith2013 - I agree with many of her analysis posts and can see where she's coming from there but there's just an air of scummy behaviors like the Beetlejuicing. Not a reliable read and requires a lot of interaction tomorrow.
  • Brassherald - 50% game read, 50% meta read. Shockingly quiet, weirdly cagey about reads, not even acknowledging reads changing when posting unexplained new reads. The one thing holding me back from scum-reading them for a while was that they tunneled on the scum I'm most sure about, but before that wagon got any more steam, hopped off and then replaced. In the game where we both played in the same scum slot, he was very similarly unmotivated and went as far as to replace out.
To the Stocks With Thee!

• Tuxedo Mask (formerly lilililili or whatever, then formerly CopyKat, whose posts are the ones my read are based on) - By far my strongest read because of raw scum posting. The posts with a ton of anxiety about how others will view their votes, backing out of reads as soon as they were either questioned on them or their target scumread them in return, getting frustrated and giving up instead of defending OR contributing to scumhunting/game progression instead, using excuses like "I was being emotional at the time" to explain votes and unvotes. I've seen multiple players flip red after doing all of these things, especially in newbie games. Tuxedo "caught up" but contributed only the most cursory surface reads.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 753, gibus wrote:
In post 749, Nauci wrote:Gibus I'm real proud of how much better your posts got though I don't agree with your views
Better in what way?
I think you're learning how to think about players' motivations/perspectives but more importantly you were putting on the kind of pressure that's needed to push and sort the game. The reaction at that time were a result of the end of and your case on Lilith in in contrast to the setup spec and mistakes in the first ~10 pages of the game
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by Nauci »

I put off movie night w/ the SO and spent like 20 hours getting to this point so I'ma duck out for a good while to make it up to him

Brass how you gonna break my heart by repping out right after I get here like that
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 751, Nauci wrote:I honestly think that's just his style; there are a handful of players on MS are similar and I usually put them in a "sort on day 2" mental list
I would love to hear more about that list.

I have the same deal with a bunch of players i know can be a benefit to town even as scum for a little bit, wonder if we know the same people since you know of me.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 752, gibus wrote:VOTE: CopyKat (Tuxedo Mask)
Back at L-2
Why the pressure on the newbie? Kinda of a dick move to let him get his toe in the pool before beaning him in the nuts with the ball.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 757, Formerfish wrote:
In post 751, Nauci wrote:I honestly think that's just his style; there are a handful of players on MS are similar and I usually put them in a "sort on day 2" mental list
I would love to hear more about that list.

I have the same deal with a bunch of players i know can be a benefit to town even as scum for a little bit, wonder if we know the same people since you know of me.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough here. I don't have a solid list of people I put into this category, but rather, when I encounter one in a game, I file them as Sort on Day 2 for that specific game, so I won't prioritize interacting with or deciphering them until there's a flip. I might get a read on them as a result of their interactions with other people but it's not what I dump my bandwidth into until there's been at least a flip and some info
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 758, Formerfish wrote:
Back at L-2
Why the pressure on the newbie? Kinda of a dick move to let him get his toe in the pool before beaning him in the nuts with the ball.
Newbie as in Tuxedo is new to this game, or add in Tuxedo is new to mafia, or CopyKat was new to mafia?
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 758, Formerfish wrote:
Back at L-2
What's your view on lynching copy's slot on D1?
outsmarts bullet
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 759, Nauci wrote:I'm sorry I wasn't clear
Oh thats ok, i actually have a list, in my head. So maybe not a list, but an idea.

And newbie as in replacement. I even had that word in my head instead of newbie to be more clear with my objection, but you know, stoned.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 761, gibus wrote:What's your view on lynching copy's slot on D1?
I dont think its our best choice, but if forced to compromise on Copyslot i think that there is a good amount of info we can take from that slot flipping.

Brass and Vota have been riding that magic stick for awhile and neither of their arguments knock my socks off.

I think that we have a much better chance of hitting scum in Brass, for reasons ive stated prior.

Do you want to talk about your brass read and how you reconcile brass saying you were next to be scum behind copy, then saying he had a town lean on you, and then saying he only had one vote?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by Formerfish »

What i think we should do is have the people on the bench give an indication of where they are thinking about voting.

Id say they need to vote, but im afraid me saying that would see a deluge of votes and the lolhammers fly and i get pissed.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I need mac and cheese in my life, be back in 4 minutes.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by gibus »

I don't feel good about where my vote is now because -REDACTED-
outsmarts bullet
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Cool story, 10/10 would read that post again.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by gibus »

Do not scumread me for this please, but I'm going to sheep Fish and Nauci and change my vote in 3 posts.
VOTE: brassherald (wavesarc)
outsmarts bullet
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 751, Nauci wrote:@Elmo the new name you have given me is uncomfortably close to Nazi may I have my name back kthxbaiand don't hate me for this affrontery
Fine I'll call you Mousey from now on....
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:02 am

Post by wavesarc »

Welp, skimmed through the thread last night and realized at the end I thought I had replaced into a different slot. This sounds dumb and is and my excuse is that I thought I was replacing into the newbie slot. I work during ET 9-5 more or less—will do a more detailed read tonight.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:26 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 770, wavesarc wrote:Welp, skimmed through the thread last night and realized at the end I thought I had replaced into a different slot. This sounds dumb and is and my excuse is that I thought I was replacing into the newbie slot. I work during ET 9-5 more or less—will do a more detailed read tonight.
I'll take the blame for that one....My bad....I can move people around in the role order if it makes you feel better....

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

I'll redo this when I get home I've has a really rough night. And I rushed this one out early.
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Mon May 18, 2020 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Permanently V/LA
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:36 am

Post by votato »

Isn't tuxedo mask copykat? Also there's two votes listed on tuxedo
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:47 am

Post by wavesarc »

In post 771, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 770, wavesarc wrote:Welp, skimmed through the thread last night and realized at the end I thought I had replaced into a different slot. This sounds dumb and is and my excuse is that I thought I was replacing into the newbie slot. I work during ET 9-5 more or less—will do a more detailed read tonight.
I'll take the blame for that one....My bad....I can move people around in the role order if it makes you feel better....
Lol it’s my fault for not reading carefully and no one’s fault that this game has had so many replacements.

Yeah I’m in brassherald’s slot.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”