Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!

Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Melody »

In post 565, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Melody, is there a particular reason why one head of the hydra is more active than the other?
sorry I'm not as active as i should be. This is my first time being in a hydra and i have been distracted with other things going on recently.

i want to make more substantial posts after actually reading thru carefully in order to not accidentally do what i did voting cat again. i did get a better grasp of the game doing the readslist with dawn though
In post 560, skitter30 wrote:
In post 539, skitter30 wrote:
In post 530, Melody wrote:I noticed Datisi said something similar, thats why i said "I like how Datisi grudgingly townleans skitts". I townread you, but you're closer to the bottom of the list because i feel like i'd townread you as scum as well. I also liked that Datisi thought abt it the same way as me
Sorry, i'm a little confused
Why is it townie of dats to read me that way? I can pretty easily imagine scum doing just that
@dawn can you make sure evening answers this plz?
I listed that as a point for Dats being vaguely town since it was the same way i perceived you early on. that coupled with having similar reads to datisi gave me a gut towny feeling, but ultimately not one that i can rely on too heavily since i cant really say scum!datisi wouldnt have those reads.

~Evening
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 573, DonCorleone wrote:I mean I can see the argument that it’s a low info lynch, but fundamentally I don’t think he’s ever eating the NK and I think he’s gonna be a nightmare if he’s town and scum are keeping him around until lylo. Plus I think about half the time the TSTBS slots are actually scum, so bonus if he does flip red
I'd kinda rather just lynch someone i actually thought was scummy tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

I mean, I do think he’s scummy, I’m just saying that in a case where he is actually TSTBS I don’t think there’s a loss to town from lynching him
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: csf
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 578, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: csf
*waves hand*

That’s not the vote you’re looking for
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I skimmed a few pages, but I'm basically caught up.

Town:
Datisi, Farkset, DonCorleone(?)

Townlean:
Dunn, DoctorPepper, Melody, JacksonVirgo

Null:
Drew, Clemency, brass, Alim

Scum/Scumlean:
Aldus, skitter

skitter I feel like is defending aldu disproportionately to the strength of her townread on that slot, and I'm not really following her votes. Like why would she try to compromise with Farkset if she's not very sure that slot is town?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:55 pm

In post 578, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: csf
Why?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

So err, csf, skitt, melody — would you be willing to compromise on alim if I can get a couple more votes there?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

a) you're gutpinging me
b) nothing you've posted tonight has changed that
c) i feel like the things you're commenting on are kinda weird and like you don't know how to integrate yourself into the thread
d) i don't like your aldu vote/push

and wrt farkran, i feel worse about melody than i do about them and i wanted to see if they would go along with it; i'm not super strongly scumreading them so i don't mind like using their vote to generate content mid-day1

also i don't like your scumread on me really
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 582, DonCorleone wrote:So err, csf, skitt, melody — would you be willing to compromise on alim if I can get a couple more votes there?
if i had to at like deadline but i don't particularly want to rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm

In post 301, alimdia wrote:If that's what happened in the past iterations, then I rest my case.

But its still possible that for the [1] pick, 1 scum decided to sacrifice themselves getting a PR, but fuck over 3 other town in the process. Like 1 for 3 seems pretty worth right?
looking back, this felt pretty genuine, and I think scum probably would've taken the time to look at previous games to figure out draft numbers.

idk Alimdia really needs to just post more
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm

In post 583, skitter30 wrote:i don't like your aldu vote/push
Why not?
Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Melody »

I thought alimdias entrance attacking skitts was kind of meh, but upon rereading his theorizing on scum picking the number 1 slot in order to fuck up town, i felt like that was a pretty genuine argument from him. I dont really agree, but it's a unique idea at least and i think it's more likely to come from town
Spoiler: this post in particular
In post 301, alimdia wrote:
In post 297, skitter30 wrote:*why should i have started the game voting for one of the other 2's here, more accurately
I'll share my perspective.
If I think theres a high chance of scum in [2], and I'm town, and theres 2 other people that picked [2]. I should vote one of them.
In post 298, skitter30 wrote:
In post 296, alimdia wrote:I happen to think its highly plausible that theres a scum in [1], and likely a scum in [2], unless someone shows me that doesn't really happen in the previous iterations of this game
for probably the sixth time now, it did not happen in the last two iterations of the game; the lowest number any scum picked was 4; precisely because they were scared of colliding with town

i think scum are less worried about town getting high rolls than they're worried about no scum getting a high roll
If that's what happened in the past iterations, then I rest my case.

But its still possible that for the [1] pick, 1 scum decided to sacrifice themselves getting a PR, but fuck over 3 other town in the process. Like 1 for 3 seems pretty worth right?

It feels like something he has actually thinking about an believing prior to the game starting. which explains the skitts thing.

On the flip side though, as to what Don's said, it could be perceived that he's trying too hard to make it make sense. that's fair given i dont really follow his logic either, but im currently inclined to think he does believe it and he's town for it

pedit: I preemptively answered your question!!

~Evening
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm

like what parts of it do you disagree with?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

Okay, so melody +CSF probably unaligned then
Melody
Melody
Goon
Melody
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Melody »

How come?

~Dawn
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

FWIW I think CSF is probably town from skimming her ISO but I think it’s more tonal than it is substantiated in what’s she’s done. I really have no idea what alignment skitt is (I don’t really like where she’s coming from and I don’t think I’m vibing with her, which is sometimes a scumtell for her as I’d expect her thought processes to be more aligned with me if she were town) but a skitter mislynch would be basically any scum’s wet dream on D1 so I’m not interested in doing that

@skitt has any scumteam ever brought you to lylo with the plan of mislynching you out of paranoia? Because I don’t think it has happened, and that csf is why you need to find someone else to lynch for today
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 590, Melody wrote:How come?

~Dawn
Because you both called out the exact same post to argue that alim is town. If alim is scum I could maybe see one of you being scum, but I doubt you’d both simultaneously post the same defence either as a white knight or for a buddy

If alim is scum I think at most one of you is, probably neither
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:22 pm

What do you think about Aldus, DC?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 588, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:like what parts of it do you disagree with?
like i think you're pushing him for having bad reasoning
which is fine, i guess, but i don't think *he* thinks it's bad reasoning, which is the important bit; i think he thinks those are legitimate pushes
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2026, DoctorPepper wrote:Skitter, I have to say I had a really fun time last night at 3 am engaging your reads you really did earn that rep and I'm sorry it has been used against you in the past and will probably still be done.
literally from last night @don
his whole push on me in lylo was based on paranoia, and i called him out on it

i'm not sure what this has to do with my push on csf tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 591, DonCorleone wrote:(I don’t really like where she’s coming from and I don’t think I’m vibing with her, which is sometimes a scumtell for her as I’d expect her thought processes to be more aligned with me if she were town)
also hmmmm maybe i know who you are now?

also what don't you like?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Farkset »

So i finally brought myself to metadive neon mafia wrt alduskkel (reference) and i notice posting similarities but tonewise and contentwise it's not the same to my eyes

Like, neon!Aldus had much more stronger stances than he has here when comparing the same game stages. Does aldus have any scumgame to doublecheck if he has significant changes in his playstyle? I would be interested in taking a look at those before i switch my vote again. I will search for them later but it would be easier if someone could link them

-Farkran
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by Farkset »

Now about the last couple pages

I think scum!skitter is a lot less shifty with her votes and that's one reason why i townlean her, but this is a weak argument and i don't know if i should trust that given how much we disagree on recent reads - like, the only compromise available seems to actually be melody and she just moved away from that in order to get back on Cat Fever which i still don't see a case about.

Like, can be read as
a. gutread
b. tunnel gutread
c. generic but plausible comment that i'd like being expanded because i don't see it
d. non-understandable overconfidence about the aldus slot

I want to trust skitter read accuracy over mine but i just cannot bring myself to do that today so i'm just going to ignore that sentiment for the rest of d1. At least one of us will have to reconsider many things later anyways.

Almidia i don't think is scum, it's not even TSTBS - i just don' think scum would introduce into the game defending me and attacking skitter the way he did - it's completely backwards reputation-wise and also super inefficient at the time those events happened (there were already wagonomics happening and i was one of them) so if almidia is scum i think he's either the worst scum on earth or godlike wifom scum and i don't believe either would be the case.

+ Post feels like a very genuine reaction
+ Posts like , , give a clear impression that he's reacting to events as opposed to having a prescripted agenda

I also think Cat/Melody are disaligned and i really don't think scum!Cat TMIs Melody town in . Other than that, i also agree with the recent Cat posts and reads in a similar way i agreed with Melody's readlist. I don't think it's plausible that i am being overpocketed by everyone so i'm just going to ignore that for now and reassess on later days.

Conclusions:
I want to move my vote on Aldus to consolidate the wagon and it's pointless to wait even if i said i would - i am still looking for those scumgames tho.

VOTE: Alduskkel

-Farkran
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by Farkset »

Interested in this