NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 334, popopopopopopo wrote:then he says this, seems quite sure of his vote on word, despite not really giving any reason. this is the damning post for me. getting on an early day 1 speedwagon? no problem. defending that speedwagon against another speedwagon for no reason? no no
Why on earth is that a "no no"? Is there a big difference between joining a initial "speedwagon" vs joining a newer wagon?
And do you really believe the wagon on Word could be called something of the same caliber as the votes on Manateedude? "Speedwagons" you call them. The wagon on ManateeDude was very weak vs the wagon on Word that had actual merit. From Madonna’s POV. It makes perfect sense to argue for less votes on what they perceive to be a horrible wagon on a townread, vs an actually good wagon on a scummy individual.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m going to go out on a limb here and say it. I didn’t think Words’s wall was all that townie.
A lot of people are saying Word’s post is a town post, but nobody says why. I’m curious if they legitimately like what’s been said or it’s a case of: "Lots of text= town right?".
Well it was in depth. Explain some thought he had. He talked about who was on the wagon and his thoughts on those players on the wagon.
If he's scum then you can be sure what he said would lead you to who is not scum.
But his latest post has my attention once again.
In post 304, word321 wrote:
In post 297, midwaybear wrote:His meta defense made no sense. He said that he found you to be natural in your past games, but then said that you were less natural in this game. First of all, most people found you to be more formal in your posting style not natural. Second, if you are playing different from your meta, how can he like your defense?
Thanks for that. I do agree with trecko being somewhat volatile there; but it is not in Trecko im interested in.
Gobbled have 2 posts, and we need some commitment on his part: specially cause one of them was a high impact post, the fake mason claim.
Ive seen this executed both by actual masons and by scum, not only town; it is deceptive in nature, but in this case the wifom can mostly be directed to scum, as long as it remains uncontested, if town motivated.
But here is the thing; every time I see it executed it actually serves more of a fish to players; questioning players become instantly suspicious, and causing a lot of bickering in the process. And most of the time (and for obvious reasons, 99% when executed by scum), it contributes to tvt.
That doesnt make doubting of the claim any less suspicious, nor the possibility of gob being scum is that high, cause he doesnt have anything else; so ascertaining his position on this matter is essential to understanding the whole thing. We need more gob, not only farside and bob.
We also need more Nahdia while we r so feel free to manifest on the matters at hand.
It's really weird how he is fine that someone was wrong about his meta and pushes it aside like it is nothing.

Word: Why is a player scummy for fake claiming mason to you? What advantage does gob have for the claim when you are lynched and the leading wagon day 1?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Popopopopopopo
Do you believe your post is making good points in favor of scum!Madonna?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Word321

Unofficial vote count

Madonna (6): word321, NDMath, popopopopopopo, Albert B. Rampage, midwaybear
word321 (4): Nahdia, Madonna, Aloratom, NorwegianboyEE
ManateeDude (2): Hoctac, votato
votato (1): stan1ey
Albert B. Rampage (1): ManateeDude
NDMath (1): farside22
farside22 (1): bob3141

Not voting (1): gobbledygook

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think my main gripe against the Madonna wagon at the moment is that most of the slots voting there are scummy, so i'm not touching it with a 3 foot pole.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm liking Farside22 better tonally. And nothing pinged me from their reaction to my push. So i feel better about having them as a null/town read for now.
Popopopopo has been put under FOS.

- Bunno
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:12 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 240, farside22 wrote: I also have a slight scum read on ND for 173 followed with post 177 reads buddish. Not sure why he felt the need to ask the question to mid about a town read and then just agreeing with him. Felt very much like mid should take a shower after getting hit on my someone gross.
I've buddied much harder multiple times.
The goal was more so to get thoughts out of midway because I'm more comfortable in my a ability to read him then other players. He went from a slight scumlean to probably town.
In post 286, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 261, midwaybear wrote:ok fine
besides you, I agree with hoctac. Don't really like why Albert is fine with letting others decide his vote
I see youre very quick to drop opinions. Noted
I don't like people who don't like people who share thoughts for the reason that they shared thoughts.
In post 354, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think my main gripe against the Madonna wagon at the moment is that most of the slots voting there are scummy, so i'm not touching it with a 3 foot pole.
You're the only townie person on the word wagon right now?
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:00 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

hey norwe, im town this game, theres no need to fret
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 357, popopopopopopo wrote:hey norwe, im town this game, theres no need to fret
Alright, but i’d still like it if you would address some of my questions pointed at you.

- Bunno
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 306, farside22 wrote:
In post 302, popopopopopopo wrote:were not lynching farside day 1 felllas dont be ridiculous, now if she hasn't been nightkilled by like day 3 then we can seriously look at the situation
Sadly this is very true. I will never live past day 3 any time soon no mater my alignment.
But on a bright side when I'm town by then I have scum narrowed down pretty well. So it's a give and take.
Take it as a bad of honor :P
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

badge*
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:37 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 352, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Popopopopopopo
Do you believe your post is making good points in favor of scum!Madonna?
i think its a good case for this early in a large. i dont see a better one thus far
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:45 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 350, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 334, popopopopopopo wrote:then he says this, seems quite sure of his vote on word, despite not really giving any reason. this is the damning post for me. getting on an early day 1 speedwagon? no problem. defending that speedwagon against another speedwagon for no reason? no no
Why on earth is that a "no no"? Is there a big difference between joining a initial "speedwagon" vs joining a newer wagon?
And do you really believe the wagon on Word could be called something of the same caliber as the votes on Manateedude? "Speedwagons" you call them. The wagon on ManateeDude was very weak vs the wagon on Word that had actual merit. From Madonna’s POV. It makes perfect sense to argue for less votes on what they perceive to be a horrible wagon on a townread, vs an actually good wagon on a scummy individual.
i think this is a good point, and i give you town points for it.

but madonna never says word is scummy, never points to a post of word's or gives a reason why he thinks word is scummy, he just hops on with the reason that "noone is in dire straits". so i think you are misrepresenting madonna's position as being on a "good wagon on a scummy individual", because madonna never makes the case that it's a good wagon. i agree with word that madonna's was easily the weakest vote on his wagon.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Stanley, why are you voting votato? He seems decently town.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Word wagon continues to confuse me.

VOTE: Nadhia
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:11 am

Post by votato »

In post 364, gobbledygook wrote:Word wagon continues to confuse me.

VOTE: Nadhia
why nadhia out of the people on the word wagon?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 362, popopopopopopo wrote:but madonna never says word is scummy, never points to a post of word's or gives a reason why he thinks word is scummy, he just hops on with the reason that "noone is in dire straits". so i think you are misrepresenting madonna's position as being on a "good wagon on a scummy individual", because madonna never makes the case that it's a good wagon. i agree with word that madonna's was easily the weakest vote on his wagon.
If word said that madonna's vote is easily the weakest vote on his wagon, that's scummy in itself because my vote was as weak if not weaker. As such, I'm okay with leaving it on word.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:36 am

Post by votato »

In post 366, Aloratom wrote:
In post 362, popopopopopopo wrote:but madonna never says word is scummy, never points to a post of word's or gives a reason why he thinks word is scummy, he just hops on with the reason that "noone is in dire straits". so i think you are misrepresenting madonna's position as being on a "good wagon on a scummy individual", because madonna never makes the case that it's a good wagon. i agree with word that madonna's was easily the weakest vote on his wagon.
If word said that madonna's vote is easily the weakest vote on his wagon, that's scummy in itself because my vote was as weak if not weaker. As such, I'm okay with leaving it on word.
you're just upset that there isnt a wagon on you yet arent you
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:13 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 363, gobbledygook wrote:Stanley, why are you voting votato? He seems decently town.
what makes you say that?
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:49 am

Post by word321 »

In post 366, Aloratom wrote:If word said that madonna's vote is easily the weakest vote on his wagon, that's scummy in itself because my vote was as weak if not weaker. As such, I'm okay with leaving it on word.
Their case is simply bad, ur case was nonexistant :^)
U came and voted for the votes sake, while they came and voted in an alarmist way. Votes by emselves r not particularly bad D1, and being inactive early on may be bad, but not as scummy as adding wood to the fire.
(actively inactive while we r at it; no one is 24 hr next to the pc, but when they r and they say nothing, its
bad
indee.)
On the other hand, the iso on Madonna is bad; , and in particular were kind of off with each other on the manatee thing, specifically.
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:51 am

Post by bob3141 »

gooble what makes you think vok is town. as far as i can see there is nothign realy ai in his posts so far

Also what changed between your vote on madonna and when you unvoted. What made you think before you vote that mad was scum and what changed when you deiced mad was town?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 am

Post by farside22 »

VOTE: bob
tunnel ho!!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:35 am

Post by word321 »

In post 351, farside22 wrote:It's really weird how he is fine that someone was wrong about his meta and pushes it aside like it is nothing.

Word: Why is a player scummy for fake claiming mason to you? What advantage does gob have for the claim when you are lynched and the leading wagon day 1?
Treckos evolution is quite interesting; from joining the wagon from immediatly quitting from bears observation, questioning the wagon multipe times and joining the wagon again after metadiving himself.
From what I get, he is a somewhat volatile player, from the development above. It does contrast with his recent fixation on Mantee.
But from the antecedents on both Norwee and my pushes, he seems to have given some values on tonereading on those occasions; Norwee was townread for that reason, while I was both townread and scumread from its derivatives.
On the other hand, the push on Manatee was made on a "solid" lead. There is also the component that the lead was digged out by trecko himself, wich would make it more valid on his eyes (he cant decept himself, can he?), so it may be the reason manatee stucked out, and may justify why he was asking for a case on me. From his other reads, I can only guess he toneread Albert and Leadread Madonna.
So overall, I can understand his game; about the meta, well, again I can only speculate, but it is still plausible, for the sheer difference of ppl btw games. Ppl can make meta mistakes, and I am having a hard time with the sheer amount of players to revise and keep tracks upon, wich might translate in a less fluid style.

And on the gob/bob/farside affair:
From what I see from Bob, and what I saw on that interaction, he has played a pretty standard game, asking ppl actually good questions and all that, and his push on u, while its true it was aggresive, I wouldnt mark directly scummy. I didnt rly liked his tone, but that by itself aint a big of an indicative; it does serve as an antecedent, so he is nullish for now. On ur front, farside, I dnt think ur reaction was the greatest to tell the truth; his questions without good answer EXACTLY bc there is no reason whatsovere to question a claim, no matter wheter its true or fake. There r rly more motivations to do this as scum than as town. But alas, Ive seen too many ppl fall for that before; u being a supposedly good player is what worries me about it.
And on Gob, gob was contingent at the time and needed more attention. Ive already said before, but usually fake claims r made mostly by town (like u pointed out), but can be executed by scum, and he had no antecedents; he is still null all the way. So it can be fairly illustrative to have a grasp on his playstyle.

ninjaed by farside (for once, its relevant).
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 am

Post by schadd_ »