Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by Maduisha »

I think it's also clear that Votato is sheeping Enomis to push Joqiza because he has no arguments to look like town scumhunting.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Maduisha »

I'm going to try not to be extremely biased and also wait for content from Enomis and Apogee if they feel like bringing more to the table, but I'm not going to lie. My mind is pretty set on the two that are lying so blatantly being scum. There's no reason to lie to position yourself in an argument if you are town.

Joqiza: *OMGUS vote*
Also Joqiza: I'm not gonna vote Ydrasse because I don't believe in OMGUS votes.

????
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2220, DkKoba wrote:joqiza pls vote ydrasse with me bc i think its worth getting a push going on them
In post 2222, joqiza wrote:VOTE: Ydrasse
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by DkKoba »

now lets see what angle u try now
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Maduisha »

I'm not saying he OMGUS'd Ydrasse to vote her in 2222, I'm saying he voted Ydrasse->OMGUS voted me in 2235->said he doesn't believe in OMGUS votes later on in 2277. I think I quoted it correctly in my last post from the previous page, he is making no sense.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:58 am

Post by joqiza »

The vote on you isn't an OMGUS vote. OMGUS is when you vote someone for no other reason than they voted you. I have plenty of good reasons to vote you
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Apogee »

Reading up to here, not a ton to say. Still scumreading votato most. Joqiza I'm having a hard time evaluating because I disagree with the initial logic on his wagon (i.e. the unvote and the quick delayed hammer) in part, but I also realize I might not be evaluating those parts the clearest because of bias, and the last page or two his tone has shifted. Not sure the tone shifts are AI though.

Add me to the list of people who intend to go back and do some re-reads shortly.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:53 am

Post by votato »

In post 2300, Maduisha wrote:I think it's also clear that Votato is sheeping Enomis to push Joqiza because he has no arguments to look like town scumhunting.
are you even reading what I'm posting? You can't honestly think that
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 am

Post by votato »

In post 2306, Apogee wrote:Reading up to here, not a ton to say. Still scumreading votato most. Joqiza I'm having a hard time evaluating because I disagree with the initial logic on his wagon (i.e. the unvote and the quick delayed hammer) in part, but I also realize I might not be evaluating those parts the clearest because of bias, and the last page or two his tone has shifted. Not sure the tone shifts are AI though.

Add me to the list of people who intend to go back and do some re-reads shortly.
could you elaborate your read on me and progression a bit more? yesterday i was a solid townread by you, and now you say i have some "scummy posts" but you haven't said which posts, and you certainly havent explained what about them is scummy.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:08 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2276, DkKoba wrote:when joqiza scumsides he does so fairly blatently imma be honest lol
Does he not do this when he's town?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:16 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2283, Ydrasse wrote: for enomis, it is the lack of content and reaction he had when he came back that makes me think he's not scum. i don't see a world where a scum player puts in relatively little effort as he had and just... go with it. it doesn't make sense to me to glide with such little going on.
and, for apogee, i simply cannot figure out who he'd be scum with if he is scum. i look through his content and like dkkoba, i have to consider whether or not he's an opportunistic scum player hard-pushing on a townie or someone who's stubborn. my townread on him is not so strong as to never lynch him, and how it goes from here will change that.

however, it leaves in my "i would feel comfortable lynching this today" pool: joqiza, votato, dkkoba. of which i think are potential scum teams in joqiza/dkkoba and joqiza/votato. i don't think that dkkoba/votato is as likely, but given the attempts made at times to create a sense of distance between the two (votato saying there was a townblock and dkkoba immediately shutting that idea down), there is a chance of it. i am not so sure of it, though, as to put weight in it.
@Ydrasse

For your townread on me:
Why doesn't it makes sense for scum to glide when there is nothing going on. Shouldn't scum wants to make sure that there is nothing going on?

For your townread is apogee:
Did you rule out apogee being scum buddies with everyone to townread him? If so, could you list down reasons why he can't be scum buddies with anyone.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:19 am

Post by votato »

actually id appreciate fully articulated read lists from everyone, but in particular the lurkers: enomis, ydrasse, apogee, and maduisha.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 am

Post by DkKoba »

reads lists aren't really that useful
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:22 am

Post by votato »

id still like them to get people on the record and to see where people are at.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2309, enomis wrote:
In post 2276, DkKoba wrote:when joqiza scumsides he does so fairly blatently imma be honest lol
Does he not do this when he's town?
I scum lean him here, based on the flips alone so far.
He has put less effort than before into this game compared to another i wss with him as town. But then i hosted a game where he low efforted too
retired
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:26 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2286, joqiza wrote: At least one of you is town, and
those of you who lynched Quick with me know TvT misunderstandings are possible.
If you're going to mislynch me let's not let it be because we didn't communicate.
@Joqiza:

Why only those who lynched knows TvT misunderstandings are possible?

Also could you answer my question before:

1) How did your view on Ydrasse changed from town to scum from one post.
2) You are saying that you never considered hammering Votato
BUT
In post 790, joqiza wrote:
If there is a 4th player I would throw into my above lynchlist, it would be votato
, simply because he seems more capable as a player and there are certain red flags which I’ve noticed.
How did this 4th player in lynch pool transform to not lynching him on the day.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:29 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2311, votato wrote:actually id appreciate fully articulated read lists from everyone, but in particular the lurkers: enomis, ydrasse, apogee, and maduisha.
Do look up your own definition of lurker. Or you should do an iso of the people you are saying.

Also, please do the stuff that you want done your self first. It would be alot more convincing.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:30 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2314, DkKoba wrote: I scum lean him here, based on the
flips alone so far.

He has put less effort than before into this game compared to another i wss with him as town. But then i hosted a game where he low efforted too
How does the flip make him scummy???

I am actually not talking about effort. It's more towards the super defensiveness and why me kinda post.

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:32 am

Post by votato »

sure.

town: ydrasse, apogee, votato
null town: DkK
null scum: enomis
scum: Maduisha, joqiza

my reasoning for all these reads has been pretty clearly stated in my ISO, but id be happy to clarify.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:35 am

Post by enomis »

In post 2318, votato wrote:sure.

town: ydrasse, apogee, votato
null town: DkK
null scum: enomis
scum: Maduisha, joqiza

my reasoning for all these reads has been pretty clearly stated in my ISO, but id be happy to clarify.
Then you have my readlist on my first post of day 2.

Here:
In post 2184, enomis wrote: I probably need to find time to re-read which I am dreading because of the spams. Because I am townreading almost everyone and that gives me a poe scum of joqiza/dkkoba.
--------------
Why is ydrasse and apogee town?

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:36 am

Post by enomis »

^^For clarification, that everyone does not include Ydrasse, I somehow missed her.

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2317, enomis wrote:
In post 2314, DkKoba wrote: I scum lean him here, based on the
flips alone so far.

How does the flip make him scummy???

I am actually not talking about effort. It's more towards the super defensiveness and why me kinda post.
I was too specific i guees, but 2 people i believed to be scummy makes one reeevaluate the game
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:59 am

Post by votato »

My Ydrasse read is based on consistent solid posting and our reads/thinking being very much aligned for the majority of the game. Ydrasse said a few times "get out of my head" but just as often, I find myself agreeing 100% with Ydrasse or planning on saying something, only to find that Ydrasse already said it.
Apogee is similar. I feel that Apogee has had a lot of fluff posts, but some good posts and generally solid thought progressions. Today Apogee hasn't really done much. I'm not sure I like the reasoning behind the vote on me: "I'm way behind and not sure, but here's a gut feeling without really being up on the last 30-40 pages." That said, still mostly good reads and progression.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 2305, joqiza wrote:The vote on you isn't an OMGUS vote. OMGUS is when you vote someone for no other reason than they voted you. I have plenty of good reasons to vote you
Friendly reminder that this is the fashion in which you voted me:

Spoiler:
In post 2235, joqiza wrote:I'm honestly so done like I'm just gonna VOTE: Maduisha I truly do not care if this flips town I'm over it. Game is literally unplayable while she's alive all she does is tunnel me with complete garbage and refuse to re-evaluate it's the most stubborn play I've ever come across

Does not sound to me like "good reasons" even if you have them, all I read there is you want me out of the game because I suck.
In post 2307, votato wrote:
In post 2300, Maduisha wrote:I think it's also clear that Votato is sheeping Enomis to push Joqiza because he has no arguments to look like town scumhunting.
are you even reading what I'm posting? You can't honestly think that
Yes, I read your posts and I still think you're latching onto anyone's reasoning to bus your partner for convenience here.
In post 2311, votato wrote:actually id appreciate fully articulated read lists from everyone, but in particular the lurkers: enomis, ydrasse, apogee, and maduisha.
Funny thing to call us lurkers, but okay buddy. I guess I should make posts with 1 sentence like you so I can have thousands in my postcount? Sigh.

Scum: Joqiza, Votato.
Town: Everyone else.

The end. If I were to be wrong, I'd re-evaluate maybe Apogee and Ydrasse because I'm less confident about those two, but still feel they're towny and I don't want any of them lynched today.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 5:14 am

Post by votato »

hmm i actually think midway's death implicates maduisha. it seems pretty clear that the kill was intended to make me look guilty. midway was tunneled on me 100%. But maduisha was too, and maduisha was far more cogent in her reasoning. if i were gonna kill someone who was tunneling me to take the pressure off, it woulda been her. scum trying to implicate me should also have killed her, because thats pretty obvious. yet midway died and maduisha is still alive. and maduisha has done nothing to develop or progress her reads. It could be really bad town play, but i think its more likely to come from scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”