Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 692, Alduskkel wrote:What are you referring to when you say a "growing wagon"? Melody was the first vote on me.
I don't mind Melody unvoting Drew, but if their goal was to generate meaningful pressure then they totally failed at that.
The wagon on me was the growing wagon
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 699, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 697, skitter30 wrote:oh i'd love to hear more about that
I already went into why a few pages ago

And this is the second time this game your response seemed canned
I mean at this point i kinda just respond to scumreads with an 'oh, do tell' or something along those lines lol
In post 580, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:skitter I feel like is defending aldu disproportionately to the strength of her townread on that slot, and I'm not really following her votes. Like why would she try to compromise with Farkset if she's not very sure that slot is town?
Like is it basically these ^ ?

- am i scum with or without aldu here?
- which other votes are you not following?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Votecount 1.04
Doctor Drew (1)
- Brassherald
Alduskkel (3)
- Melody, Cat Scratch Fever, Farkset, Doctor Drew,
Cat Scratch Fever (1)
- Skitter30,
Melody (2)
- JacksonVirgo, Alduskkel,
Alimdia (3)
- DoctorPepper, DonCorleone,
Doctor Pepper (1)
- Datisi
Brassherald (1)
- Dunnstral,

Not Voting (2): Clemency, Iconeum
With 14 Alive, 8 Votes To Lynch.

Thanks for doing a VC. Either way this one should be right. I went back to 1.02 and went page by page.

Deadline is in: (expired on 2020-05-23 08:00:00)
[/b]
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 621, Farkset wrote:
In post 615, Dunnstral wrote:I'll leave Don be for today. Be careful with night actions targeting him, he could be scum pgo, as I've explained.

VOTE: brassherald

I'm not sure how I feel about aldus.

Poe read, kind of
This is quite a bad post for many reasons, Dunn.

Please take a stance on aldus.

-Farkran
Why?

I'm not convinced that he's scum

My very rough reads are something like Farkset, Melody, Skitter, JacksonVirgo, Datisi as towny people
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 657, DonCorleone wrote:okay, in that case, icon can you tell me what you make of Datisi's slot when you get back please and specifically what you think of and whether you think that's consistent with town!him

re:aldus yeah, I meant to write the other thing but I still like it as a take
meh, fees like early game datisi who's uninvested/lacking reads and it's in her meta to just take a step back until spicey stuff happens. Dats isn't one to ignite the action or kick the hornets nest.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Alimdia was weirding me out but I read what Skitter was writing about him so I decided to push on Brass instead

The current Alimdia wagon composition seems sus to me
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 679, skitter30 wrote:
In post 660, DonCorleone wrote:I think you've been kind of soft-protecting dunn/alim/aldus and you've been hedgy on melody. as in on the first two I think you've been calling them town but softly, as in if they did go through you'd be in a position to get some cred for not being on them but you're not committed to a hard TR on either so you could backtrack quite easily if you need to. and the same on melody, I just feel like your towered-to-gut-scumping could quite easily be you leaving room around them so you can change your position up however you want
i wouldn't really say i'm soft-protecting aldu
or alim either really (but not as much)
melody is more that i changed my mind than anything else
VOTE: skitter

payback is coming
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 683, skitter30 wrote:this gamestate is gross, like half the game isn't playing and i don't like the leading wagon
maybe we should lynch it anyways and if it flips scum we can lynch you next?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

@Mod: vote count is missing Drew's vote change on the previous page
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 703, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 621, Farkset wrote:
In post 615, Dunnstral wrote:I'll leave Don be for today. Be careful with night actions targeting him, he could be scum pgo, as I've explained.

VOTE: brassherald

I'm not sure how I feel about aldus.

Poe read, kind of
This is quite a bad post for many reasons, Dunn.

Please take a stance on aldus.

-Farkran
Why?

I'm not convinced that he's scum

My very rough reads are something like Farkset, Melody, Skitter, JacksonVirgo, Datisi as towny people
gonna be honest haven't read everything, but especially skitter and datisi townreads can you expand on those? Really curious what exactly makes you townread them.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 694, Melody wrote:
In post 685, Alduskkel wrote:The strangest part about this is that your vote on me was ineffective as pressure because it was removed before I even posted again. The whole point of pressuring someone is to see how they react.You also voted me before I responded to your question, when you specifically said I was "pending further evaluation."Are you deliberately leaving out these important details?
We explained that with the hydra dissonance thing, did you not see Evening's post? Do you still think that's a valid reason, given our explanation?
And the pending further evaluation thing means you're an unsure; I feel like you're putting too much weight on the vote for reasons I don't really get, plus the context makes sense as well since our current vote was on Drew who we started liking.

~Dawn
I don't really like the hydra dissonance explanation. You guys seem fairly coordinated as of late, so why weren't you coordinated back then? Especially something as important as vote placement.
In post 698, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 691, Alduskkel wrote:Because in-context it was less "moving their vote to pressure another scumread" and more "moving their vote onto a new tasty wagon opportunity":
I remember melody scumreading me at that point in the game. Why is it one over the other
This is the only time Melody mentions scumreading you prior to and including the post where they vote you:
In post 136, Melody wrote:Dislike Cat's reaction to Fark's readslist. Obviously she's right on the point that the top 3 have no reason to be town, but the added on "Why did you feel the need to make a readslist?" feels like overkill. What are you hoping to accomplish asking that question? I see Cat's follow-up is that the readslist could be "scum trying to look busy". i disagree on the basis of suspecting people for early readslists >:x

~Evening
This isn't really a convincing case. Melody also didn't really try to get other people to vote you or further investigate your alignment by engaging with you -- it looks more like they just parked their vote on you.
In post 574, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm also not feeling his reason for scumreading Melody. I feel like it's pretty normal to join a growing wagon and even a bit townie as stubbornly parking on a wagon by yourself won't generate any meaningful pressure.
So if the growing wagon = your wagon, then you're suggesting the alternative was Melody parking their vote on me "by themselves" (actually Farkset was voting me as well). But how do they know whether or not the pressure is meaningful if they didn't even wait for me to post?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I'm surprised Dunnstral didn't come here to vote me. Actually, can we talk about the fact that drew basically just dumped his vote on me and then dipped?

Iconeum, is your skitter vote serious?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 711, Alduskkel wrote:neum, is your skitter vote serious?
no, but i am genuinely interested in Dunn's townread there
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Iconeum »

i
want
skitter to be scum because i
want
to catch her this time around :lol:
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Are you still catching up on the thread?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 709, Iconeum wrote:gonna be honest haven't read everything, but especially skitter and datisi townreads can you expand on those? Really curious what exactly makes you townread them.
oh wait i'm dumb you already answered that

anyway can I ask what your reads are
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by Iconeum »

there's a bit too many players for me to really be able to work with like i love to do

i'm sorry to say i don't really have any reads yet but i'm working on getting into this game

main angle i wanna persue right now is those townreads
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

ok but don't hold your breath for dunnstral
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Farkset »

In post 691, Alduskkel wrote:Because in-context it was less "moving their vote to pressure another scumread" and more "moving their vote onto a new tasty wagon opportunity":
In post 360, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 361, Datisi wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 368, Melody wrote:VOTE: Cat
I'm honestly shocked you don't have issues with this considering you were the one being wagoned.
To be honest this was one of the main reasons i changed my mind about melody at the time (for the worse)

Then i changed my mind again because of their readlist in and Cat's contribution. Their reads are very similar to mine, with only a couple names difference. It may be worth it to quote and compare the two for future reference

Spoiler: readlists
In post 531, Melody wrote:Town Lean //
Dunnstral - Taking joke cop claim seriously, asking 1-shot vig to claim feels genuine.
DonCorleone
Doctor Drew - After checking some meta, this looks a lot more like his town game.

Town Incline //
Farkset - Pushing stuff forward, we think we might get why he did the mech townlean on high spot pickers.
DoctorPepper - Meta.
Alimdia - His logic for picking 2 because he thought scum would cockblock people picking 1 felt genuine.

Null //
Clemency
Brassherald
Skitter30
Datisi

Null-Scum? //
Cat Scratch Fever
JacksonVirgo - Liked his initial confusion. Dislike him not understanding why his confusion isn’t NAI, felt like he might’ve been playing dumb there. Dislike him continuing to scumread us for it.
Alduskkel - Dislike attack on Dunny (painting something which might be anti-town as scum-motivated). Dislike reasons for push back on us, the timing of the vote argument reads as fabricated.

VOTE: Alduskkel

~Dawn & Evening
In post 580, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I skimmed a few pages, but I'm basically caught up.

Town:
Datisi, Farkset, DonCorleone(?)

Townlean:
Dunn, DoctorPepper, Melody, JacksonVirgo

Null:
Drew, Clemency, brass, Alim

Scum/Scumlean:
Aldus, skitter

skitter I feel like is defending aldu disproportionately to the strength of her townread on that slot, and I'm not really following her votes. Like why would she try to compromise with Farkset if she's not very sure that slot is town?

I don't think i'm being pocketed and/or fooled around by both of them, and with me it makes 3 of us with very similar reads so i don't think i'm being stupid here, but the possibility of being very wrong is there. I decided to consolidate on you because if you flip red i will be happy with my grasp of the gamestate and keep going down that road; if you flip green those two must be lynched immediately (or at least one of them, then we can look elsewhere if it flips red). Would you disagree with this statement?

-Farkran
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Farkset »

My concern about skitter is that she doesn't look or sound scummy at all in my opinion, but it appears that all of her scumreads (except an early one on almidia) are exactly the people voting aldus, i.e. {Melody, Farkset, Cat}. I'm not particularly sure there is a provable relationship, it might very well be a coincidence especially because she started voting some of these people
before
the aldus wagon happened, but it seems that she used aldus as a mean to double down on them and then never moved on from that. I don't even disagree with skitter that if aldus flips town his wagon looks suspicious, but then again there's post and no attempt to look for any partners in the world outside of aldus wagon, which makes me wonder how much she is actually invested in her reads and solve

As i said i wouldn't lynch skitter over that but i wouldn't let her reach lylo either if we are in trouble later.

-Farkran
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Farkset »

I also disliked the clemency slot and iconeum hasn't done much to improve on that, the game isn't even that long and usually replacements go either A. hey guys i'll catchup and give my contribution; or B. hey guys i won't bother about catchup so i'll form reads while engaging in real time

And i have seen neither.

-Farkran
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 719, Farkset wrote:My concern about skitter is that she doesn't look or sound scummy at all in my opinion, but it appears that all of her scumreads (except an early one on almidia) are exactly the people voting aldus, i.e. {Melody, Farkset, Cat}. I'm not particularly sure there is a provable relationship, it might very well be a coincidence especially because she started voting some of these people
before
the aldus wagon happened, but it seems that she used aldus as a mean to double down on them and then never moved on from that. I don't even disagree with skitter that if aldus flips town his wagon looks suspicious, but then again there's post and no attempt to look for any partners in the world outside of aldus wagon, which makes me wonder how much she is actually invested in her reads and solve

As i said i wouldn't lynch skitter over that but i wouldn't let her reach lylo either if we are in trouble later.

-Farkran
- i feel like you're oddly fixated on me, as you keep making a point of saying 'i dont think she's scum but i dont like her play and she needs to be resolved before lylo'
- i really dont understand why you're taking so much issue with my aldu read
- the reasons people are voting him are bad
- like half the game isnt playing and it's like mid day1, complaining that i'm not looking for partners yet seems unreasonable, and it feels like you're shading me by dinging me for this right now
- like saying 'i'm not sure how much she's actually invested in her reads and solve' feels like an unreasonable thing to say given the gamestate and given what my current reads are, especially since this largely seems to stem from me not looking for other partners, which is an utterly ridiculous thing to expect from me here
- half the game isnt playing and i'm easily one of the like top 3 active players, like what are you expecting from me here? I cant magic people into playing or engage with them if they arent
- this post is actually annoying me a lot
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

I agree that i rather dislike ico's engagement thus far
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 707, Iconeum wrote:
In post 683, skitter30 wrote:this gamestate is gross, like half the game isn't playing and i don't like the leading wagon
maybe we should lynch it anyways and if it flips scum we can lynch you next?
And if your vote isnt serious what is this

Can you find a serious place to vote please? Its not like there's a dearth of content to interact with ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 12:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 718, Farkset wrote:if you flip green those two must be lynched immediately (or at least one of them, then we can look elsewhere if it flips red).
Also you agree with me that in the town!aldu unviverse, his wagon is awful

Given that i townread aldu, your issue with my scumreads is ....

Like what are you complaining about wrt my view of the gamestate exactly ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”