Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Toe pick.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by wavesarc »

In post 858, Nauci wrote:
In post 847, wavesarc wrote:feathers at the beginning
I disagree about this being low hanging fruit since many players were town reading feathers. I think that's a major mischaracterization.
Eh, it's more a misrep because I failed at reading again--his feathers vote was in RVS. This doesn't change how I feel about him, though--I think he stuck with copykat because it was easy, and I don't think he pushed her. A lot of his posting re: copykat is in direct response to her or only prompted by her posts. It's the first major scum vibe when I re-read. I leaned town on votato when I skimmed the first time, but I don't think his posts held up when I read again and I can't shake that feeling.

This game has been exhausting to read through, honestly. I feel more comfortable in a game where there are multiple wagons and you can start to notice inconsistencies in actions or opportunistic votes, but this game barely has any of that. The middle of the thread revolves hard around blurred personal/game reactions to fish and ironcat and it's just a slog to parse. Beyond certain things that stuck out to me, I'm mostly going off vibes because that's all I got. It's not for lack of effort because I've spent too much time reading this thread, but it's hard to contribute much. I realize this is sounding really defeated, and I'm being honest when I say it's not in response to the votes on me and more as a result of general frustration, but eh--I'll be more grounded after we get a flip.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Why should you be around to see that flip happen, and not be entering the dead thread after you get lynched today?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by votato »

In post 1022, osuka wrote:im not very convinced that tuxedo flips scum though. i think thats not a bad lynch because of information gained (there are a lot of meaningful interactions around that slot), but i dont know if its worth the chances of a mislynch there. that slot currently resides solidly in nullread limbo for me
that isnt the slot i asked about tho
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by votato »

i think a proper committed read from you would be helpful in sorting you osuka
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1016, Nauci wrote:
In post 1010, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Also, I dislike you hopping off my wagon. I think consolidating things with this little time left is best.
Why? There's WAY more content from your slot now than there was when I really really really wanted to lynch there, enough so that your interactions with Freddie make me want to re-evaluate when I can, so I am pushing a different slot that I scum read, especially since it has a replacement who hasn't contributed AI content or enough content to go into day 2 with. Besides, I said that while I'm de-prioritizing this game, I'd be checking it before time runs out and can move if town really needs to consolidate.
This is just me being dumb. I really misjudged where people's reads were at, that's why I thought the wagons we should focus on are myself, Osuka, and Freddie. As those seemed to be the most consistent names coming up when people said where they'd be happy to lynch. So you're hop off me onto Wave felt like taking momentum out of the game. But I was wrong, so good job there.

How many games have you played with Brass? I wanna know since you're read seems pretty meta based. Votato has the same for Freddie but I don't understand how the unicorn is so sure from a half game.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1026, wavesarc wrote:I leaned town on votato when I skimmed the first time, but I don't think his posts held up when I read again and I can't shake that feeling.
this rubs me off the wrong way. why did your read change on what is coincidentally the player spearheading your wagon?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by wavesarc »

Nauci/freddie are town to me. re: the freddie wagon; I genuinely think this is a reaction to their tone--reserved, sort of a weird sense of humor. Like I said, I think their reaction to formerfish was genuine and vibed with their personality. They seem like frustrated/confused town, which I relate to.

Lean town on formerfish and osuka. Both slots (largely speaking to ironcat) have come off as genuine in their actions. formerfish has been active in pushing town, but seems comfortable/experienced enough to do this as scum, so I'm not fully convinced yet. The ironcat slot--I can't see them doing all that as scum. Like, the town wagons gibus and then the attention turns to copykat--if ironcat is scum, at least one of copykat/gibus is town. Why derail everyone with continuing the formerfish/lilith stuff?

Null on lilith and tuxedo/copykat. With lilith it's weird because I can really follow her thought process (especially her reaction to ironcat), but she does things like say "oh the gibus wagon fell apart fast" and....doesn't really follow up on that? I feel like the right move for scum!lilith is to hold back right now and that's what she's been doing. Copykat's turnaround on gibus was bad, but her reaction I could see as newbtown too? She doesn't have that many posts on the site--she wasn't very experienced and I can't really sort her actions. Tuxedo has been much more active and engaged, which is good but still makes the slot difficult to sort--this is what he would want to do as scum.

Leaning scum on gibus and still scum on votato. I've explained my read on votato--I just don't get the sense that he's really pushing his scumreads. Like, he's responding to copykat and she's clearly his top scum read after the focus turns to her post gibus wagon. But he doesn't *push* copykat, even though the wagon is stalling and formerfish/lilith/iron are interacting with each other/reacting to formerfish/ironcat. gibus is a roller coaster for me--he was super active in the beginning, then really stopped after he gained momentum on the wagon. His behavior and engagement during the beginning seemed natural. Everything after didn't seem so.

Obv I would prefer to lynch between votato/gibus. I agree that a flip on the copykat slot would be useful, and would be willing to go for tuxedo.
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by wavesarc »

In post 1031, osuka wrote:
In post 1026, wavesarc wrote:I leaned town on votato when I skimmed the first time, but I don't think his posts held up when I read again and I can't shake that feeling.
this rubs me off the wrong way. why did your read change on what is coincidentally the player spearheading your wagon?
I voted and explained my read before votato voted for me.
In post 846, wavesarc wrote:I don't like his behavior around the gibus wagon--he's scumreading copykat at this point, but doesn't vote for her until the momentum shifts from gibus to her.

It fits into his pattern of behavior so far this game--his posts lack content, and really a lot of his early stuff was just answering questions. I agree that the townreading questioning is something scum could be afraid to do, but I also don't think it's a big risk--it's just a lot of WIFOM tbh. I think votato's general vibe has been pretty cheeky and that he would be comfortable saying something like that.
In post 847, wavesarc wrote:I don't think votato has been pushing much at all. At least not in a way that would cause major direction. He's really just gone after low hanging fruit: feathers at the beginning, ironcat when they were in their feelings, copykat after her L-1 vote.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by osuka »

i am aware of that. please elaborate

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by osuka »

i'm also curious as to what your read of
me
is, since youve said something about your ironcat read but nothing about me, for whatever reason. I can't speak as to ironcat's actions or reasoning, so that's fairly counterproductive

wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by wavesarc »

When I skimmed the thread after replacing in, I thought votato seemed present and insightful, but I noticed less analysis and push from him when I read the second time? I'm confused about your question because votato wasn't pushing on my slot at all at the time.

Re: you. Yeah ironcat was an oversized presence so I can't help but focus so much on them. I like your content--I think you're making a genuine effort to engage and scumhunt and nothing seems off. Though it's similar a bit to the tuxedo situation where a lot of people were focused on your slot and being heavily active and engaging would be what you'd want to do as scum.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Votecount 1.12
Freddiethelady (3)
- osuka, Formerfish, Tuxedo Mask,
Wavesarc (Brassherald) (3)
- gibus, Nauci, votato,
Votato (2)
- Wavesarc, lilith2013,

Not Voting (1) -
Freddiethelady,

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-05-21 11:05:00)
[/quote]
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1013, Formerfish wrote:im from Massachusetts so we didnt hang people)?
That depends. Are witches people?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1026, wavesarc wrote:
In post 858, Nauci wrote:
In post 847, wavesarc wrote:feathers at the beginning
I disagree about this being low hanging fruit since many players were town reading feathers. I think that's a major mischaracterization.
Eh, it's more a misrep because I failed at reading again--his feathers vote was in RVS. This doesn't change how I feel about him, though--I think he stuck with copykat because it was easy, and I don't think he pushed her. A lot of his posting re: copykat is in direct response to her or only prompted by her posts. It's the first major scum vibe when I re-read. I leaned town on votato when I skimmed the first time, but I don't think his posts held up when I read again and I can't shake that feeling.

This game has been exhausting to read through, honestly. I feel more comfortable in a game where there are multiple wagons and you can start to notice inconsistencies in actions or opportunistic votes, but this game barely has any of that. The middle of the thread revolves hard around blurred personal/game reactions to fish and ironcat and it's just a slog to parse. Beyond certain things that stuck out to me, I'm mostly going off vibes because that's all I got. It's not for lack of effort because I've spent too much time reading this thread, but it's hard to contribute much. I realize this is sounding really defeated, and I'm being honest when I say it's not in response to the votes on me and more as a result of general frustration, but eh--I'll be more grounded after we get a flip.
Crazy theory y'all, but maybe it's really hard for scum to fabricate reactions and theories and explanations in mafia...
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1030, Tuxedo Mask wrote:How many games have you played with Brass?
Newbie 1843

I was SE in his first game on the site, where he did very well (we were town and won)

Open 719: Stack The Deck!

We were town together in Stack the Deck and won

Newbie 1863

I was scum in Newbie 1863 and he replaced into my slot and then replaced out of it (still won tho, because Irrelephant11 and I had a grand old time with a Night 1 no kill crazy gamble back when that was viable, and it was glorious, even though I absolutely could not bring myself to post much because I am awful at scum and unintentionally replaced out via inactivity)

Newbie 1860

I wasn't in this game but I skimmed through it and read Brass's ISO while sorting him for a game we played in later

Newbie 1876

@Formerfish
you were in this game with town!Brass so maybe you remember what it's like as well

Starcraft Mafia: 2

I spectated a game where Brass was half of a hydra account, the last thing I remember participating in before I felt too burned out to keep hanging around MS

I also found an Osuka scum game to later case while browsing through Brass's games
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Nauci »

@Elmo: Freddie has (3), not (4) votes on them
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1041, Nauci wrote:@Elmo: Freddie has (3), not (4) votes on them
Names were right. Its what matters.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1038, Nauci wrote:
In post 1013, Formerfish wrote:im from Massachusetts so we didnt hang people)?
That depends. Are witches people?
I'm not that old.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1040, Nauci wrote:@Formerfish you were in this game with town!Brass so maybe you remember what it's like as well
I knew we played together but couldn't figure out the game, thank you.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1041, Nauci wrote:@Elmo: Freddie has (3), not (4) votes on them
Let that ride next time, we can do some fake lynching shenanigans.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1040, Nauci wrote:I also found an Osuka scum game to later case while browsing through Brass's games
here is another one if youre interested

gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:15 am

Post by gibus »

In post 1046, osuka wrote:
In post 1040, Nauci wrote:I also found an Osuka scum game to later case while browsing through Brass's games
here is another one of osuka's scum games.
outsmarts bullet
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1047, gibus wrote:
cute

unfortunately for you, you evidently can't read me

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1047, gibus wrote:
Dont talk about on going games

:wink:
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”