Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1047, gibus wrote:
In post 1046, osuka wrote:
In post 1040, Nauci wrote:I also found an Osuka scum game to later case while browsing through Brass's games
here is another one if youre interested
here is another one of osuka's scum games.
Since when have you been scumreading osuka?
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 4:36 am

Post by gibus »

In post 1050, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1047, gibus wrote:
In post 1046, osuka wrote:
In post 1040, Nauci wrote:I also found an Osuka scum game to later case while browsing through Brass's games
here is another one if youre interested
here is another one of osuka's scum games.
Since when have you been scumreading osuka?
It was a light hearted post.
outsmarts bullet
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

@Lilith where you at? You said Votato hasn't been seriously pushing, but I'm not seeing a major push on him from Wave or you, and you guys have a lot more work cut out for you on that slot.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 am

Post by votato »

lilith, lets compromise on this brass/wavesarc lynch? you can lynch me some more tomorrow. itll be hot.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:30 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1052, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Lilith where you at? You said Votato hasn't been seriously pushing, but I'm not seeing a major push on him from Wave or you, and you guys have a lot more work cut out for you on that slot.
What I’ve been doing doesn’t count as a hard push...? Anyway I agree, votato wagon is not gaining any traction. I need to reread the thread tonight and I’ll figure out who out of the viable wagons I would be okay with lynching. I haven’t formed a really strong read on either freddie or waves, so I’ll ISO them and see how I feel
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 6:33 am

Post by votato »

I dont feel that I've been hard pushed by lilith. Except last night ;)
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1054, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1052, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Lilith where you at? You said Votato hasn't been seriously pushing, but I'm not seeing a major push on him from Wave or you, and you guys have a lot more work cut out for you on that slot.
What I’ve been doing doesn’t count as a hard push...? Anyway I agree, votato wagon is not gaining any traction. I need to reread the thread tonight and I’ll figure out who out of the viable wagons I would be okay with lynching. I haven’t formed a really strong read on either freddie or waves, so I’ll ISO them and see how I feel
I feel like you two aren't doing enough to try and sell people that Votato is scum, which would take a lot of work. Votato "not pushing" isn't something I really agree with, and if that's everything there are certainly way more lynches that I prefer. But I think you're doing a better job than Wave who's most recent post seems more like a backdown than anything.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1016, Nauci wrote:
In post 1012, votato wrote:I have far more knowledge of freddie than anyone else (no, not what you're thinking), so I hope that, at least for today, we can put more weight on my read. I was townreading brass pretty confidently
I've played more with Brass than almost any other player on the site except for The Worst, so I hope you can understand that my meta-read on him contributes to it as much if not moreso than your meta read of Freddie.
He was very curt and brief with posting his views and I've never seen town!Brass be so cagey about explaining his reasoning, yet I
have
seen scum!Brass be very low participation and then replace out.
Town!Brass is typically a town leader who not only has good reads, but is good at explaining them in ways that effectively builds pushes.
In post 1012, votato wrote:when i say theres no hardpushing, i mean there's no one doing big wallposts with post-by-post analysis, no one is really hard tunneling
I still think that there have been multiple posts by a few people which fit this description
In post 1010, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Also, I dislike you hopping off my wagon. I think consolidating things with this little time left is best.
Why? There's WAY more content from your slot now than there was when I really really really wanted to lynch there, enough so that your interactions with Freddie make me want to re-evaluate when I can, so I am pushing a different slot that I scum read, especially since it has a replacement who hasn't contributed AI content or enough content to go into day 2 with. Besides, I said that while I'm de-prioritizing this game, I'd be checking it before time runs out and can move if town really needs to consolidate.
nausi is one of my strongest TRs, as was feather. if i were her, and i were mafia, i wouldn't post stuff like this - it seems genuinely in the interest of town. the fact that you make the meta reads available to everyone so can see you have an evidence based claim is excellent. i would say its enough but eternal vigilance is paramount to survival, so i did scroll through the games. thanks for that.

i found some examples of comments by bass that were hollow, vague reads where he was enormously underwhelming as nausi described:
In post 538, brassherald wrote:I'm cool with where my vote is. I feel like there's lots of noise from Kat but not much else. Feeling good about it.
In post 540, brassherald wrote:
In post 539, Formerfish wrote:
In post 538, brassherald wrote:I'm cool with where my vote is. I feel like there's lots of noise from Kat but not much else. Feeling good about it.
Ok, you care to comment on anything else, or are you good with that being your contribution given everything else that has been going on?
I feel like people might have been a little too fast to trust Feathers. Still not sure about you.

Ironcat and Lilli is my best guess at a TvT argument if there is one.

Votato I'm comfortable saying he's either town or got me pocketed hard.

I don't know about Freddie at all legitimately forgot he was in the game
In post 633, brassherald wrote:Reads change over time. It's part of playing a game
In post 630, brassherald wrote:
In post 627, Formerfish wrote:
In post 626, lilith2013 wrote:You just said that you pivoted away from ironcat to find his partner though
Right, because there are 2 people who are scum, and now since that slot is being replaced i am looking for the other person who I think could be scum.

Brass has shown an inconsistency in his posting and seemingly forgot about his Gib sr when he explained why copy was doing the same stuff as gib.

Do you want to talk about anything relevant or keep pushing things that dont mean anything?
I said Kat was scummier at that time. I only have one vote my man
In post 592, brassherald wrote:
In post 589, votato wrote:hmm. this isnt good. where are the people? what do they think about formerfish and lilith?
Scum lean on Fish. Still prefer a Kat lynch
In post 304, brassherald wrote:
In post 302, CopyKat wrote:So now I'm in a catch-22

gibus clarified + for me and Its not the scum slip I thought it was but if I unvote I'll probably be scumread for it
brassherald wrote:There are two people who the scum do not want lynched. Otherwise, the only reason they want a slot to keep around is if they think they've got them pocketed.

You clearly do not have anyone pocketed.
So am I scum in this or is scum trying to keep me around? I genuinely confused
You are the scum.
it wasn't hard to find evidence. he had very little to say in general, and what he did say was of little substance for someone who was clearly opinionated.

okay people im announcing that i am putting waves into l-1.

i bolded, underlined and italicized the quote from nausi in the first block that summed it up - fits the description of his behavior exactly. If nausi is telling the truth, which i am assuming she is otherwise i'm a huge sucker and i probably deserve to be lynched for my suckerness. but then this too: Town!Brass is typically a town leader who not only has good reads, but is good at explaining them in ways that effectively builds pushes. again, another massive giveaway.

VOTE: wavesarc/bassherald
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1011, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1002, Freddiethelady wrote:@tux thanks for asking. Fiiiiishie is my scummiest read right now. maybe its the murky water he's swimming in....so punny right?
This is scum behavior.

You are trying to seem nonchalant and easy breezy with your jokes about my name and all the puns you have about it as well, but you arent doing that with anyone else. You are focusing on me and disparaging me to the thread but you aren't voting me or even really pushing for me to be lynched, you are just shading the fuck out of me and poking the bear begging for a reaction by repeatedly calling me a dick for a situation that had 2 sides to it and Lil never even gave half as much of a shit as anyone else has, so i kinda think that if the person who i called a cunt isnt mad at me for it because she called me an asshole and then we spoke and figured out that there was a miscommunication that we addressed and moved past no one else should be able to use that against me or continue to call me a dick without fear of repercussions.
you don't have to threaten me with repercussions to get your point across, i'm sorry. you're absolutely right. my bad!
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 1025, Formerfish wrote:Toe pick.
what is toe pick?
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

@nausi, i hope i didn't plagiarize again. i tried to cite you properly!
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1010, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Freddie why aren't you voting FF? And what about FF do you find scummy?
Do you scum read Copycat/Me? But I'm most interested in your read of Copycat's posts. And do you scum read Osuka/Ironcat? I'm more interested in your thoughts on Osuka's posts though.
Freddie, can you answer this?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:40 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1057, Freddiethelady wrote:okay people im announcing that i am putting waves into l-1.
bringing attention to this as it could be missed by someone skimming through the fairly long post and hammering by accident

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1037, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:

Votecount 1.12
Freddiethelady (3)
- osuka, Formerfish, Tuxedo Mask,
Wavesarc (Brassherald) (3)
- gibus, Nauci, votato,
Votato (2)
- Wavesarc, lilith2013,

Not Voting (1) -
Freddiethelady,

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-05-21 11:05:00)
[/quote]

Why is scum Wave staying off the competing wagon of Freddie and vanity voting Vota?

If Wave flips scum, Freddie is his partner.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1059, Freddiethelady wrote:
In post 1025, Formerfish wrote:Toe pick.
what is toe pick?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:58 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Okay I'm mostly read up.

By play alone I think freddie and brassherald/waves were equally scummy. But considering the timing of the two wagons, I think the freddie wagon may be a counterwagon to the wavesarc wagon, which makes me think wavesarc is scum and either tuxedo or osuka is the partner pushing the counterwagon, and possibly also that wavesarc himself was trying to gain traction on a votato wagon so as not to be on the freddie wagon with his scumpartner.. I also have a guess as to who waves' scumpartner would be based on the two slots' reads on each other being a bit cagey, but preflip associatives are bad so I will save them for after the flip.

wavesarc, can you claim please?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:59 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1063, Formerfish wrote:If Wave flips scum, Freddie is his partner.
I don't think freddie is waves' partner, I'd assume that they would be double bussing if they knew they were the two biggest wagons and that one of them would be lynched.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 10:59 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Regardless, this is intent to hammer waves, pending claim.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Formerfish »

And i know that Freddie just voted Wave, but thats a bus vote if ive ever seen one. Its clear that its coming down to Freddie or Wave, and one of them is the scum PR (if they have one) which means even scum wants to keep someone alive on their team over the other.

Scum PR Freddie is bussing his goon partner in Wave.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1065, lilith2013 wrote:I think the freddie wagon may be a counterwagon to the wavesarc wagon
Can you show how you came to this conclusion?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:03 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1068, Formerfish wrote:And i know that Freddie just voted Wave, but thats a bus vote if ive ever seen one. Its clear that its coming down to Freddie or Wave, and one of them is the scum PR (if they have one) which means even scum wants to keep someone alive on their team over the other.

Scum PR Freddie is bussing his goon partner in Wave.
Okay that's fair, I didn't consider that the scum PR could affect bussing decisions
In post 1069, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1065, lilith2013 wrote:I think the freddie wagon may be a counterwagon to the wavesarc wagon
Can you show how you came to this conclusion?
let me go find the votes again
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:12 am

Post by wavesarc »

Hi, I'm vanilla townie.

@formerfish I don't think freddie is scum. Would vote for them over myself but I'm not going to vote for someone I'm reading town for any other reason.

re: why I think votato is scum. Look at his ISO with copykat's. Votato isn't *pushing* copykat. Their posts on copykat are almost entirely replies to her. If she's his main scumread, why isn't he redirecting the topic in the thread to her? Instead the wagon stalls as formerfish/ironcat/kinda lilith go back and forth with each other. I look at votato's posts throughout the game and I see someone who is present, but spending a lot of time providing information over analysis, going after easy targets *visibly* but not really pursuing them beyond replying directly to them.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1071, wavesarc wrote:@formerfish I don't think freddie is scum. Would vote for them over myself but I'm not going to vote for someone I'm reading town for any other reason.
Well, you are at l-1 and have given us no reason to not lynch you, soo....
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:15 am

Post by wavesarc »

Look, I know my contributions have been shit. I've explained why I've had trouble getting into this game. But I'm an easy mislynch that doesn't really provide the town with much information.
wavesarc
wavesarc
Townie
wavesarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2020 11:15 am

Post by wavesarc »

VOTE: freddie

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”