Snowblaze
Homura [1]:
piisirrational
Egix96 [0]:

votato [0]:

Snowblaze [0]:

Not Voting [0]:

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-05-24 14:00:00)

Notes
- Beansi is still being replaced
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Snowblaze »

There we are, I've been nice and not stolen the pagetop, now I can post again!

@pi, not sure if you already know this, but you can unvote without voting for someone else.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 am

Post by AaronFrost »

ItalianoVD replaces Beansi
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:41 am

Post by votato »

what sort of venereal diseases do they have in italy?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Homura
Homura
Goon
Homura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Homura »

In post 298, piisirrational wrote:I don't have suspicions on Gobble anymore as stated. So VOTE: Homura are you going to be coming forth with your own ideas, or are you just going to lurk/be on the sidelines asking occasional questions? What are your reads on everyone? Who do you think is scummy?
Something made your read on me take a one-eighty?
It is the pinnacle of all human emotion. More passionate than hope, much deeper than despair.

Love.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:28 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 301, Snowblaze wrote:There we are, I've been nice and not stolen the pagetop, now I can post again!

@pi, not sure if you already know this, but you can unvote without voting for someone else.
Yeah I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for letting me know.
Homura
Homura
Goon
Homura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Homura »

Feels like your tone changed drastically from your early game.

You've voted half of the playerlist and relented on each one of them when they responded to you, regardless of how well their reasoning held up.
It is the pinnacle of all human emotion. More passionate than hope, much deeper than despair.

Love.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:33 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 304, Homura wrote:
In post 298, piisirrational wrote:I don't have suspicions on Gobble anymore as stated. So VOTE: Homura are you going to be coming forth with your own ideas, or are you just going to lurk/be on the sidelines asking occasional questions? What are your reads on everyone? Who do you think is scummy?
Something made your read on me take a one-eighty?
I never said you were a scumlean (though I guess it could've been implied since I voted you but that's not what I was going for). But I want you to come forth with your own ideas on helping us solve this game. Like, who do you think is scum? What are your reads on everyone? Out of NK15/Aloratom, who do you think would be the better lynch? And so forth.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:37 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 306, Homura wrote:Feels like your tone changed drastically from your early game.

You've voted half of the playerlist and relented on each one of them when they responded to you, regardless of how well their reasoning held up.
I voted for NK15 at the start, then I changed to Gobble, and then you. Had it not been for NK15 being at L-1 with my vote, I would still be voting for them. I also FoS'd Snowblaze.

Furthermore,

NK15 attempting to quicklynch me at the start is something that I would obviously find suspicious and something which would be incredibly scummy.
I removed my suspicions from Gobble/Snowblaze after they gave their reasoning behind their actions. I now have both as null-town.
And you haven't done anything yet to come forth with your own ideas even after being asked.

This isn't relenting on anyone. Where did that come from?
Homura
Homura
Goon
Homura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Homura »

Voting someone for a flimsy reason and being satisfied with an equally flimsy response is relenting.

Just dislike the discrepancy between your better grasp on the game compared to your early game vs. your willy-nilly usage of your vote.

Love.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 309, Homura wrote:Voting someone for a flimsy reason and being satisfied with an equally flimsy response is relenting.

Just dislike the discrepancy between your better grasp on the game compared to your early game vs. your willy-nilly usage of your vote.
Scum actually make mistakes early with higher probability than later. Due to being accustomed with people and their thoughts.
Homura
Homura
Goon
Homura
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Homura »

I'm actually not sure that makes you partnered scum because I might have underestimated you, but I could also see why town!NK15 would take it for granted that you were obvscum.

Pedit: Actually feels the opposite from my experience, but you've been on this site longer than I have, so I'm probably talking out of my behind.

Love.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 311, Homura wrote:Pedit: Actually feels the opposite from my experience, but you've been on this site longer than I have, so I'm probably talking out of my behind.
Well, scum are more likely caught by evidence from later days because there is a tendency by town to forget, overlook or assign lower priority to things from earlier days.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I am here. I’m going to catch up with the prior pages to get a better idea of what’s going on before I vote.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 309, Homura wrote:Voting someone for a flimsy reason and being satisfied with an equally flimsy response is relenting.

All of my votes thus far have either been pressure votes or scumreading votes. In the former, just because I'm presurring someone doesn't mean I think they're scum.

None of the responses that I have been satisfied with were anywhere near as flimsy or scummy as what I scumread or voted them for. Snowblaze directly explaining that the actions which I scumread them for were what they normally do and Gobble explaining their actions of why they put someone at L-1 without any further content such as an explanation or saying "that is L-1" puts them in a way better light than when I pointed them out. Even if it is flimsy, you should at least be able to understand why I lowered my suspicions of them. And no, I am not completely satisfied with them. I can scumread them later if they do other things which I find scummy.

As for the second paragraph, just disliking something isn't AI. And again, is there a problem in moving votes, even if it is just to apply pressure?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

After reading everything up to this point I am going to vote for piisirrational

Here’s why.

In general terms, scum, wolf, alien, whoever the bad guy is, they want to fit in so everyone can see that they are town and that makes sense to me.

It also makes sense that town want to find scum not try to look town.
In post 99, piisirrational wrote: Guess who else is trying to look like town? Town.
I’m not familiar with the meta on this site yet, but to me that stands out to more than what pi pointed out on NK15 here:
In post 44, piisirrational wrote:
I have NK15 as a scum lean thus far mainly due to his eagerness of quicklynching me right at the beginning of Day 1. Town have no reason to do this, especially before they’ve considered every possible scum scenario, unless they already know someone’s alignment, which can only come from a result of a power role.
To me it seems like someone who has latched onto who they feel is scum and not budging from it. I’ve done so in wolf games outside this forum and more often than not that person was wolf or scum. Forgive me, I’ll eventually get all the lingo on here down. So to make it official.

VOTE: piisirrational
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Also, what I find interesting is how NK15 moved off of pii and onto Aloratom. You seemed so sure that pii was scum. Sure enough to suggest a quicklynch.

Why move away? And then onto someone who doesn’t look like scum at all, at least to me.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by piisirrational »

In post 316, ItalianoVD wrote:Also, what I find interesting is how NK15 moved off of pii and onto Aloratom. You seemed so sure that pii was scum. Sure enough to suggest a quicklynch.

Why move away? And then onto someone who doesn’t look like scum at all, at least to me.
They explained this in posts 170 and 249.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by votato »

VOTE: italianoVD. did not like that catch up. this slot has not gotten any townier
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 317, piisirrational wrote: They explained this in posts 170 and 249.
I understand, but the reasoning was sort of hard to understand and too advanced for me to truly get it, so that’s why I’d like an answer that’s a little more watered down if you will.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 318, votato wrote:VOTE: italianoVD. did not like that catch up. this slot has not gotten any townier
I don’t know what this means, so could you explain?
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by piisirrational »

In post 315, ItalianoVD wrote:After reading everything up to this point I am going to vote for piisirrational

Here’s why.

In general terms, scum, wolf, alien, whoever the bad guy is, they want to fit in so everyone can see that they are town and that makes sense to me.

It also makes sense that town want to find scum not try to look town.
In post 99, piisirrational wrote: Guess who else is trying to look like town? Town.
I’m not familiar with the meta on this site yet, but to me that stands out to more than what pi pointed out on NK15 here:
In post 44, piisirrational wrote:
I have NK15 as a scum lean thus far mainly due to his eagerness of quicklynching me right at the beginning of Day 1. Town have no reason to do this, especially before they’ve considered every possible scum scenario, unless they already know someone’s alignment, which can only come from a result of a power role.
To me it seems like someone who has latched onto who they feel is scum and not budging from it. I’ve done so in wolf games outside this forum and more often than not that person was wolf or scum. Forgive me, I’ll eventually get all the lingo on here down. So to make it official.

VOTE: piisirrational
Finding scum is absolutely a way to look like town. Town doesn't need to try as hard to look town as scum do, I'll give you that, but town still does in some way. Because if a town person doesn't look town, then that's a provlem for them.

You don't need to budge from who you think is scum, that was not the point of my post.

Quicklynching and getting no other information out from anyone else is what I was against. If I am scum, you won't have any information available to find my partners. And if I'm town, well then, you're screwed since you didn't even pay attention to anyone else. Unless you are 100% sure I am scum, quicklynching is never the answer.

I townread Beansi for most of this game, but I'm not townreading that post.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by piisirrational »

In post 319, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 317, piisirrational wrote: They explained this in posts 170 and 249.
I understand, but the reasoning was sort of hard to understand and too advanced for me to truly get it, so that’s why I’d like an answer that’s a little more watered down if you will.
Oh ok, the reason why I said that was because it looked like you didn't even see their explanations and that you just happened to notice that NK15 moved from me to Aloratom. In that case, asking for clarification to their reason would've been much more direct.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by piisirrational »

Looking back at Italiano's catch up posts, I also have to say that it wasn't very good. They didn't seem that scummy at first glance, but after paying more and more attention to them it is a pretty good scumtell.

First, they only mentioned three people in their catch up posts (NK15, me, Aloratom). I feel like scum doing a catch up post would have more reasons to not even mention people in such post, especially this late in a game day, than town would. This also seems to contradict their town belief that town "is trying to find scum." You don't find all the scum by just analyzing three people.

Their reasoning of voting for me is not very good either. Their initial catch up post read as them voting for me because I said something that pinged them more than what someone else said. Yeah. Lots of posts ping me more than others. That's not very specific.

And finally, their statement that NK15's reasoning is too complex for them to analyze seems like laziness. I could personally get the gist of the post very easily by just reading the post once. Again, scum are more likely to be lazy than town is.

I am willing to give Italiano the benefit of the doubt here since it is implied by their first post that this is their first mafia game of this specific format. But in short, those catch up posts were pretty scummy.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Okay, I will explain my thoughts better. Sorry if I was being vague.

While I was reading through the prior pages, NK15 and Homura seemed like the most experienced just based on how they were interacting with you and because I don’t know anyone’s styles, habits, or tells, I was going to follow one of them. NK15 was the only one to vote so I figured he had figured you out. It made sense to me because as I stated it’s a tell that has been proven to be as scum/wolf before.

Also when I mentioned your post about when you said that Town try to look town. I disagree with that and that’s why it stood out to me. The reason I disagree is because town don’t TRY to look town (meaning they don’t intentionally try to post and act town) they unintentionally do by trying to solve the puzzle and catch the scum. Town also don’t truly care how they are perceived. Because they have nothing to hide they don’t usually fight as hard to appear right. Scum TRY to look town and do all the things town don’t feel inquired to do, so to me that statement is deceitful.

That post along with what NK15 pointed out in your first post is why I agree or agreed with him and why I asked him to explain why he took his vote off of you and onto Aloratom. I don’t know about quicklynch so I don’t know the pros and cons of that, but NK15 obviously felt a strong enough read from you to even mention it. From what I saw Aloratom’s suspicion didn’t quite outweigh yours and it seemed like the explanation, which was very wordy, seemed to be weaker than what he assumed he had on you.

Also I don’t know what constitutes good catch up post from bad ones, but I do know that these were the main things that stood out to me.

Egix96, gobbledygook, Aloratom, and Homura seem the most town to me because nothing they did or said stood out to me.

I’m leaning more towards town for NK15, but just want him to explain why he thinks his read on Aloratom is stronger than his read on you.

The ones I feel iffy on so far are you, Snowblaze, and Votato

You
for reasons I’ve already stated.
Snowblaze
came in to post about hating timezones and that they were present and that you were pinging her radar, but didn’t want to vote for you before hearing from other people. Then placed a vote on Aloratom for only saying hello and feels okay keeping her vote on Aloratom for not contributing and didn’t wait before hearing from other people. This was early on though and she has now switched, but that stood out to me.
Votato
just seems like they are trying to lead the town. That may be a normal tell so it maybe nothing. I don’t know and sorry if I can’t explain it further, it’s just what I see.

And after what you posted I feel even more okay voting for you. You only stated that my catch up post seemed scummy after Votato stated it was. I understand that people point out things that you may miss, but if that was something that immediately stood out to you you would have lead with it imo especially given the fact that I have no clue about catchups and whatnot.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”