Micro 940: A Normal Blitz II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Micc »

Datisi has been killed Night 2. He was a
Town Mason

It is now Day 3.

Votecount 3.00
Not Voting (5) -
shiki, HoldenGolden, humaneatingmonkey, clidd, Umlaut

With 5 players alive it takes 3 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2020-05-25 11:20:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Micc »

I will have limited access to the site until Monday, 5/25. PenguinPower has graciously agreed to backup mod during that time. He has authority to do any moderating actions necessary to keep the game moving during my absence. Please include us both on any private communication. I'll still be available for most of today, so feel free to send me a message with any questions or concerns.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Umlaut »

Obligatory "it's LyLo, be careful" message

That said,
pseudovote HEM
because I think if it's not Hiraki it has to be him.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:01 am

Post by clidd »

~Reading soon~
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:51 am

Post by clidd »

One question: who is neighbor with Hoctac ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 am

Post by clidd »

In post 598, Datisi wrote:my gut reaction when i saw hectic die was that the neighbors were both town because i'd lowkey expect someone else to get shot if one of them is scum (like i thought my reactions were plainly obvious if you knew they weren't masons) but holden disagrees with me so idk anymore

pedit: fine with massclaim, sure
I agree with that and I can see it happening.

I have an example of a game where the mason + town-hood scenario occurred: viewtopic.php?t=82022&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:25 am

Post by clidd »

Ok, Umlaut is the neighbor.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:35 am

Post by clidd »

Shiki seems naked scum in my opinion, but I will investigate the possibilities further when I get home.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I can't believe Hiraki flipped town. He was playing so fucking bad that he should have been lynched all along since Day 1. His tunnel on me was full of shit that he extrapolated on even more shit. I can't believe you can play as town and really do that to someone. Someone people just have huge fucking egos that they can't accept that they may be wrong even when proven wrong multiple times.

Don't sign up on a game with me again, Hiraki.

Anyway I'm currently sleep-deprived right now after editing a heavy ass video. I'm gonna sleep and re-read after I wake up.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:04 am

Post by shiki »

In post 803, clidd wrote:~Reading soon~
In post 804, clidd wrote:One question: who is neighbor with Hoctac ?
if you were not following the game how were you waiting in the wings to join it without it ever going to the replacement queue?
In post 805, clidd wrote:I have an example of a game where the mason + town-hood scenario occurred:
this game has been referenced a couple times. is there any reason to believe that 4 vanilla town 2 masons 1 town neighbour 1 mafia neighbour and 1 mafia goon is not a possible setup? i have not looked through every game in the micro queue to see if it has been played before (as unlike the normal queue there isn't really a searchable version) but that seems more likely to me than this game utilizing the same setup as boon gets pretentious.
In post 807, clidd wrote:Shiki seems naked scum in my opinion, but I will investigate the possibilities further when I get home.
this does not track to me. if you believe that we are playing the pretentious setup and that i am scum, why would i have killed a mason claim i thought was a neighbour instead of killing datisi, who basically claimed power role in this game the same way he did in chain of command:
In post 1371, shiki wrote:
In post 1364, Datisi wrote:I was pretty certain my reaction was gonna be a blatant Commander claim to scum but meh.
i think your reaction to quantumquasar was a pretty strong giveaway.
In post 1374, shiki wrote:
In post 1372, Datisi wrote:Which reaction in particular do you mean?
you being frustrated with his openly roleplaying chain of command.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:07 am

Post by clidd »

I'm back.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:22 am

Post by clidd »

''
if you were not following the game how were you waiting in the wings to join it without it ever going to the replacement queue?
''

''
this game has been referenced a couple times. is there any reason to believe that 4 vanilla town 2 masons 1 town neighbour 1 mafia neighbour and 1 mafia goon is not a possible setup? i have not looked through every game in the micro queue to see if it has been played before (as unlike the normal queue there isn't really a searchable version) but that seems more likely to me than this game utilizing the same setup as boon gets pretentious.
''

''
this does not track to me. if you believe that we are playing the pretentious setup and that i am scum, why would i have killed a mason claim i thought was a neighbour instead of killing datisi, who basically claimed power role in this game the same way he did in chain of command:
''

Spoiler:
In post 809, shiki wrote:
In post 803, clidd wrote:~Reading soon~
In post 804, clidd wrote:One question: who is neighbor with Hoctac ?
In post 805, clidd wrote:I have an example of a game where the mason + town-hood scenario occurred:
In post 807, clidd wrote:Shiki seems naked scum in my opinion, but I will investigate the possibilities further when I get home.
In post 1371, shiki wrote:
In post 1364, Datisi wrote:I was pretty certain my reaction was gonna be a blatant Commander claim to scum but meh.
i think your reaction to quantumquasar was a pretty strong giveaway.
In post 1374, shiki wrote:
In post 1372, Datisi wrote:Which reaction in particular do you mean?
you being frustrated with his openly roleplaying chain of command.

1- I was invited to join the game.

2- Who mentioned it besides me ?

3- There are many strategies that involve reverse psychology to benefit the scum alignment in the articulation of reasons to justify themselves as town. It does not matter to me if you have benefited from the NK or not, because my impression of you is individual, regardless of the mechanics of the setup. I still haven't decided that Umlaut is town, as I intend to evaluate his slot separately, but I just emphasized that it would be possible for a mason and a hood to coexist in the same game (and he being town).

4- What is your current solve ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:26 am

Post by clidd »

In post 808, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I can't believe Hiraki flipped town. He was playing so fucking bad that he should have been lynched all along since Day 1. His tunnel on me was full of shit that he extrapolated on even more shit. I can't believe you can play as town and really do that to someone. Someone people just have huge fucking egos that they can't accept that they may be wrong even when proven wrong multiple times.

Anyway I'm currently sleep-deprived right now after editing a heavy ass video. I'm gonna sleep and re-read after I wake up.
Monkey, considering Holden's natural paranoia regarding your slot (which has already stolen 2 wins from him), did he demonstrate this in a genuine way during the game in your opinion ? What's your read on him now ?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:28 am

Post by clidd »

In post 774, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 768, Hiraki wrote:
In post 767, HoldenGolden wrote:Rather, as posts like this suggest, Hiraki had no intentions to try and fight for a HEM lynch.
Really? Or was it that everyone dismissed what I was saying and even I get tired?
What I was saying was I thought you were more gungho during that interaction about lynching HEM which upon rereading you were not. You post quoted above is an example of you throughout the interaction voicing (and later actually) voting george.
Comparing the two scums games from Monkey in which you participated and witnessed Scum!Monkey playing, is he town or scum to you here ?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:30 am

Post by shiki »

In post 811, clidd wrote:2- Who mentioned it besides me ?
madoka and hoctac referenced it. and i referenced hoctac referencing it.
In post 811, clidd wrote:4- What is your current solve ?
i think {umlaut, clidd} is most likely.
In post 812, clidd wrote:Monkey, considering Holden's natural paranoia regarding your slot (which has already stolen 2 wins from him), did he demonstrate this in a genuine way during the game in your opinion ? What's your read on him now ?
? holdengolden is the other mason.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:40 am

Post by clidd »

If holden is mason, and Holden + Monkey aren't SvS, I am inclined to think that they are TvT if there was no significant push to lynch each other on D1 ~ D2, what makes the game's solution theoretically being
Shiki + Umlaut
and the speculation about coexistence between hood and mason wrong.

If you're town Shiki, however, the solve is basically Monkey + Umlaut. But the solution above is more plausible ^
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 800, Micc wrote:
Datisi has been killed Night 2. He was a
Town Mason

It is now Day 3.

Votecount 3.00
Not Voting (5) -
shiki, HoldenGolden, humaneatingmonkey, clidd, Umlaut

With 5 players alive it takes 3 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2020-05-25 11:20:00).
Hmm, I sense a disturbance in the night kill logic.

Why was Datisi killed over me despite him voicing a level of inability to get into this game?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 815, clidd wrote:If holden is mason, and Holden + Monkey aren't SvS, I am inclined to think that they are TvT if there was no significant push to lynch each other on D1 ~ D2, what makes the game's solution theoretically being
Shiki + Umlaut

If you're town Shiki, however, the solve is basically Monkey + Umlaut. But the solution above is more plausible ^
I already given a commentary on "meta" for HEM day 1, but I dont know his town meta first hand.

Why do you think us not trying to lynch eachother points to a TvT interaction? Especially since HEM made it clear day 1 he wasnt buddying me?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:49 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 812, clidd wrote:
In post 808, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I can't believe Hiraki flipped town. He was playing so fucking bad that he should have been lynched all along since Day 1. His tunnel on me was full of shit that he extrapolated on even more shit. I can't believe you can play as town and really do that to someone. Someone people just have huge fucking egos that they can't accept that they may be wrong even when proven wrong multiple times.

Monkey, considering Holden's natural paranoia regarding your slot (
which has already stolen 2 wins from him
), did he demonstrate this in a genuine way during the game in your opinion ? What's your read on him now ?
A new layer to your posts as well. That intrigues me. Why interject an emotionally producing phrase into your line of questioning to monkey?

He never has taken two games from me? He only won against me in the newbie.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:55 am

Post by clidd »

In post 817, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 815, clidd wrote:If holden is mason, and Holden + Monkey aren't SvS, I am inclined to think that they are TvT if there was no significant push to lynch each other on D1 ~ D2, what makes the game's solution theoretically being
Shiki + Umlaut

I already given a commentary on "meta" for HEM day 1, but I dont know his town meta first hand.

Why do you think us not trying to lynch eachother points to a TvT interaction? Especially since HEM made it clear day 1 he wasnt buddying me?
I figured you two could be SvS for the lack of an expressive push that threatened Monkey to be lynched by you, but if you're not scum, the assumption I'm working on at the moment is that you're both TVT.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:56 am

Post by clidd »

In post 818, HoldenGolden wrote:

), did he demonstrate this in a genuine way during the game in your opinion ? What's your read on him now ?
A new layer to your posts as well. That intrigues me. Why interject an emotionally producing phrase into your line of questioning to monkey?

To see how he reacts, obviously.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:59 am

Post by clidd »

Holden, summarize your reads on Shiki, it doesn't have to be something big. If you're mechanically town, I think we can work together to solve this.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am

Post by clidd »

Actually, it is easier to know Monkey's alignment by PoE if we know how to classify Umlaut/Shiki first.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 11:04 am

Post by clidd »

Unless you think my slot is scum. In this case, I will be available to answer any questions.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 11:29 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 820, clidd wrote:
In post 818, HoldenGolden wrote:

To see how he reacts, obviously.
Expect the way you did it is leading.

You clearly did not know I was confirmed town given your posts at that time. The way you worded it to HEM suggests that I would be furious to lose against him again, which I wouldnt think much of until I factor in HEM earlier concerns of my accusatory tone. That coupled with your expression of me being extra paranoid of HEM doesnt make sense when considering your TvT stance. If I was paranoid and frustrated, shouldnt I be more critical of him.

This is of course your logic when considering a SvS interaction between me and HEM, which begs the obvious question, why ask to begin with? Why ask my supposed scum buddy to gain his reaction rather than pursuing the suspicion with other players? I doubt the scum reaction would of told you anything.

That, and I do not remember you using such language typically as well.

PS. I was scum reading your predecessor.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”