Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Joubert »

Looks like a signature line...

BOOM TSSSS

killa seven - 5 (TheSweatpantsNinja, Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX, Corinthian, orangepenguin)
Corinthian - 3 (StrangerCoug, LlamaFluff, Firestarter)
Manito - 2 (FaerieLord, killa seven)
Firestarter - 2 (armlx, CF Riot)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
armlx - 1 (LaptopGun)

Not Voting - Joubert

15/8

-Mod
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I think these debates on "is meta reliable" will really not be too useful. Everyone has thier opinion and tends to stick by it on things like this, its just one of those things that is hard to conivce others of as you can refrence games that support and denounce meta being useful.

What we should be talking about is lynching Corin. That is a great topic for discussion, especially as after my PBPA a few people who expressed early intreset seem to not be wanting to give it a vote, and people who are looking into it have some reservations about this wagon.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Firestarter »

armlx wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Oh, really?

[Note the visible line Im drawing under this...]
Does this mean something? Show me where in that game you did the things I am attacking you for here, which could imply that they are not scummy behaviors by your meta.
Why?
What will you hope to prove?
Are you really gonna base every assumption on a player, or try to strengthen what "you already think" based on a meta?

If you think something in another game will help you improve a lynch/push, by all means, post away... But your quite literally barking up the wrong tree on this.

How many games have you played here???

Im sure that any one player can go back and check all of your games, and if they want, contrive play to match whats happening here, or find opposite play when you were town....

I, am not going to bother....
('') (':') ('')
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:27 am

Post by armlx »

Are you really gonna base every assumption on a player, or try to strengthen what "you already think" based on a meta?
Simple. What I am doing with K7's meta to protect him is pointing out how the things he is doing right now aren't necessarily things that he does more often as scum. If you can prove that, the tells no longer apply and can be ignored in an attack as null tells.
Somewhere between 50 and 100.
Im sure that any one player can go back and check all of your games, and if they want, contrive play to match whats happening here, or find opposite play when you were town....
If they do that, I simply site games Y and Z where they are wrong.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:35 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

firestarter wrote: How many games have you played here???
Lulz.

So, um, where is corin? I know he doesn't like pressure votes, but I'm starting to hear what armlx is saying on k7, and I really don't like that "I don't respond to votes" tack he's taking.

Unvote, vote corinthian.
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Corinthian »

so, ninja, what do you want from me?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

If you don't respond to pressure votes, what do you think is the best way to get reactions from players?

Also, do you still think faerielord is suspicious?

And what differentiates your play from k7's?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Firestarter »

armlx wrote:
Simple. What I am doing with K7's meta to protect him is pointing out how the things he is doing right now aren't necessarily things that he does more often as scum. If you can prove that, the tells no longer apply and can be ignored in an attack as null tells.

They are only null tells if you believe 100% that the accused is town.. You cannot possibly know this if you are town, and given K7's play, he is more scummier than town.
A Meta is not 100%, and I'd prefer if you didn't jump to "protect him" as you say, it seems every attack on him has you following with your comments...
...protecting him
.. I dont like this.

Somewhere between 50 and 100.
Ok

If they do that, I simply site games Y and Z where they are wrong.

As can anyone attacking K7, they can cite games where he hasn been scum and played like this... if he has.

My point is interpretation, you interpret K7's play in this thread as town based on other games, 5 games wasn't it, have you actually looked at the games you did not play in involving K7?
Theres also the idea he has seen you were in the game, done a meta on you, and seen that you "do" metas on players, and has adapted his playstyle to that of a townie in other games he played with you...
This is equally possible to him being town based on a meta...
Its interpretation, and I dont like how you are so lenient on 1 player because of it.
The fact remains K7 has acted very scummy in this thread as opposed to others... No amount of meta can change this.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Firestarter, don't put your original words in other people's quote boxes, whether you set them off or not. It makes it harder to read.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Corinthian »

Town doesn't vote someone they think is probably town just to get a reaction.

It's simply not rational to think that voting someone will gently indicate to them that you'd like a reasonable, well-thought out case now, please.

Players lay pressure votes on what they see as potential scum.

This generally provokes an OMGUS reaction, which the pressurevoter then takes as confirmation of their hunch.

The reason to lay a vote on someone "to make them speak up" is so that they'll say something you can use to attack them with.

Ninja, post 881 was a good way to get a reaction from me. Simple, direct, non-antagonistic questions.

regarding Faerie: yes, absolutely. I'm voting k7 because he's scummy, too. If they're both scum, then who cares what order we lynch them in?

regarding my play vs k7: this one will take longer to respond to. A big difference would be that despite Llama's best efforts, there is no wagon on me that I would need to hide from.

(Have to go to work now. Will almost surely have time tomorrow for more posting.)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

CF Riot wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:
As I pointed out in my PBPA, he also at two points in Day 1 implies that he knows fobiddan isn't town.
No he doesn't. What happened to saying he was steering the Forbid lynch? You decided not to use that anymore since I pointed out he wasn't?
vote forbiddanlight

please dont vote yourself and hunt scum thanks.
and
ive allready stated what i think of self voting if your town.
so dont self hammer, thanks. unless your scum :wink:
Yes, he does.

And as for steering the forbiddan lynch, just look at posts 8-13 of his.
He never actually provides evidence, he just focuses on the self-vote, rather than providing any actual evidence - he leaves that for others to do.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:23 am

Post by armlx »

Firestarter wrote:[
They are only null tells if you believe 100% that the accused is town.. You cannot possibly know this if you are town, and given K7's play, he is more scummier than town.
A Meta is not 100%, and I'd prefer if you didn't jump to "protect him" as you say, it seems every attack on him has you following with your comments...
...protecting him
.. I dont like this.
You don't have to believe someone is town for something to be a null tell. If you come in on page 50 and start citing someone who has done numerous scummy things all game as being scummy for "random voting", its fair to say that is a null tell.

The reason for every attack having my comments is because I have yet to see an attack that is not disrupted by his meta.

As can anyone attacking K7, they can cite games where he hasn been scum and played like this... if he has.
My point is interpretation, you interpret K7's play in this thread as town based on other games, 5 games wasn't it, have you actually looked at the games you did not play in involving K7?
Theres also the idea he has seen you were in the game, done a meta on you, and seen that you "do" metas on players, and has adapted his playstyle to that of a townie in other games he played with you...
This is equally possible to him being town based on a meta...
Its interpretation, and I dont like how you are so lenient on 1 player because of it.
The fact remains K7 has acted very scummy in this thread as opposed to others... No amount of meta can change this.
I am merely interpreting it as not scummy enough to lynch, not town or scum necessarily, which means that a lynch on him is essentially random aka poor idea right now.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Corinthian wrote:Town doesn't vote someone they think is probably town just to get a reaction.

It's simply not rational to think that voting someone will gently indicate to them that you'd like a reasonable, well-thought out case now, please.

Players lay pressure votes on what they see as potential scum.
Well I see you as scum right now if that wasnt obvious by my posts so far in this game, if it hasnt been maybe I need to be clearer. The point is, my vote of you falls under your third line, I see you as scum and by avoiding my case, people seem to be disregarding your case and going to one I dont favor in comparison. So I am putting a pressure vote on you to get some answers and to get other people to pay attention as well.
This generally provokes an OMGUS reaction, which the pressurevoter then takes as confirmation of their hunch.
Not true. I can vote for quite a few people without getting OMGUSed, although some people seem to OMGUS regardless. If you are saying someone OMGUSing a case against them is a scum tell against the person pushing the case because they are fishing for an overreaction, then I dont know what to say. OMGUS = slight scum tell.
The reason to lay a vote on someone "to make them speak up" is so that they'll say something you can use to attack them with.
*facepalm* no no no. With this logic if I was scum, I would just need to lurk and whoever votes me gets lynched for trying to make me look bad. This sound pretty defensive to me, as you are turning the fact that I am attacking you as a point against me.
Ninja, post 881 was a good way to get a reaction from me. Simple, direct, non-antagonistic questions.
I cant comment on this without losing it.
regarding Faerie: yes, absolutely. I'm voting k7 because he's scummy, too. If they're both scum, then who cares what order we lynch them in?

regarding my play vs k7: this one will take longer to respond to. A big difference would be that despite Llama's best efforts, there is no wagon on me that I would need to hide from.

(Have to go to work now. Will almost surely have time tomorrow for more posting.)
Actually there is a wagon on you right now, and by my quick count, you are tied with K7 for the votelead (at last). The K7 vote seems very opportunistic though when compared to what you had been saying. There were a few mentions of you feeling uneasy about K7, although you never started pushing a case against him. FL was what you spent most of D1 and D1.5 setting up, and when it died out, you left that to move to K7. Now with what you just said, you have it set up to move back to FL if K7 gets lynched (or vice-versa) regardless of what happens with their flips. I am getting a feeling that we have Corin-scum and FL/K7 town here given how he is playing.

I would like to hear from armlx on Corin, he was mentioning him earlier and now we have a bit of a forming wagon and he is sticking to FS debates. Also KoC, FL, CFR and Manito would be nice to hear from on this new wagon.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Post by armlx »

Full Corin eval coming tonight/tomorrow, 3rd priority thing among games.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Firestarter »

armlx wrote: You don't have to believe someone is town for something to be a null tell.
If you come in on page 50 and start citing someone who has done numerous scummy things all game as being scummy for "random voting", its fair to say that is a null tell.

Im agreed on this point, but its not the case with K7 in here.

The reason for every attack having my comments is because I have yet to see an attack that is not disrupted by his meta.

But the whole point of my attacks are to gauge the named player, your input, although welcome in parts, stops input from the named player from being posted.

I am merely interpreting it as not scummy enough to lynch, not town or scum necessarily, which means that a lynch on him is essentially random aka poor idea right now.

Not random, its that you dont believe in the reasons given from the players voting/suspecting him.

It very much falls on the interpretation of different players views.
However, Im liking the Corinthian wagon alot more at this point.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by armlx »

Im agreed on this point, but its not the case with K7 in here.
What is the case with K7 then?
But the whole point of my attacks are to gauge the named player, your input, although welcome in parts, stops input from the named player from being posted.
How?
Not random, its that you dont believe in the reasons given from the players voting/suspecting him.

It very much falls on the interpretation of different players views
If you lynch someone for a bunch of null tells, it is essentially random.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So, meta is a shield for K7, but a noose for Corin?

I dont think Corin has been scummy to this point. K7 has.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by armlx »

So, meta is a shield for K7, but a noose for Corin?
It is. Corin's behavior differs from his observed town norm here, K7's doesn't.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I said it before, and I'll say it again. If it comes down to lynching Corin, fine. If he turns up town, the word meta becomes a lynchable offense and we lynch K7. Deal?
Show

Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by armlx »

SpyreX wrote:I said it before, and I'll say it again. If it comes down to lynching Corin, fine. If he turns up town, the word meta becomes a lynchable offense and we lynch K7. Deal?
Sounds like a terrible deal. you can't discount analysis just because it was wrong once before.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think you're missing the point I'm making. I think that we're putting WAY too much weight on metas and not enough on what's actually going on in the game.

K7 is a perfect example of this. I dont think ANYONE is going to say he's playing a pro-town game at all. Yet, we're not going to hang him today. The arguments to hang him aren't going to change and the arguments NOT to hang him can not by their nature (unless he starts playing differently... but then what, hang him for being active helpful town?)

See my problem. I, this game, dont find Corin to be scummy. However, I find FaerieLord and K7 to be - and both of them have had at least one person defend the actions based on "meta". Thats ridiculous and encourages bad play.
Show

Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by armlx »

Lets just start from the beginning. Would someone care to summarize the cases on each person who they think meta is being used to skew an attack on?
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Corinthian »

Corin's behavior differs from his observed town norm here, K7's doesn't.
what the hell is this? I've only played one game on this site. How can you possibly say my behavior differs from my observed town norm based on
one
game of hurry-up mafia?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by armlx »

what the hell is this? I've only played one game on this site. How can you possibly say my behavior differs from my observed town norm based on one game of hurry-up mafia?
Your play here constitutes a large shift from the normal active player, which was untrue of the last game according to the person who said that in this thread.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Lets just start from the beginning. Would someone care to summarize the cases on each person who they think meta is being used to skew an attack on?
Sure, I'll bite.

1.) FaerieLord - the "I rarely vote" proceeded with the out-of-the gate vote day 2. You: The I rarely vote is a meta, but it was discussed and removed.

2.) Corinthian - Scummy becuase of a difference in his play (based on a sample size of 1).

3.) Killer 7 - Scummy as all getout, yet a "random" lynch at best. Reason: Scummy is his meta.

Of the three the one thats CLOSEST to actually having any merit is Corinthian. That is, at least "You played like X this game, but Y this game. This difference makes me think you are scummy." However, I dont see his play this game as scummy AND it has a whopping sample size of 1.

The other two, the meta business is "You are being scummy in game X. However you were scummy in games A and B and were town. Hence, you're town now."

See my problem? Based on the meta, the only time people would want to kill K7 is if he was being a useful, pro-town player. What does that ensure never happens? In what situations does that provide him an "advantage".
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”