Micro 937 / Reservoir Dogs DDU / Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1349, Ame wrote:
In post 1345, Isis wrote:Ame, do you think this post is townie or scummy? Also that post?
I don't think the first post is AI. I've seen him make statements like that before (as scum), but I don't think it's something that necessarily comes from scum. The second post is incredibly scummy and disproves his claim that he was just poking because he seems to genuinely believe what his argument there. I'll show why it's scummy in my next post.
I ranked them opposite so I feel like we are not mindmelding
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Ame »

The below are why the second post is scummy. Ico making genuine pushes based on superficial reasoning is his primary and perhaps only consistent scum tell. I don't know why RCE didn't pick up on this considering he picked up on it in HBE. The idea that you would be so blatant as to openly declare
that you have to balance your reads
because you were scum who felt they needed to do so is absurd. And Ico confirmed in that post that he was truly making that argument: "feeling like you *have* to have a balanced read list is imo a scumtell tho."
In post 874, Madoka wrote:
In post 817, Tet wrote:This is so surface level thinking. I don't think I've ever expected level 1 thoughts out of you.
Seen it before:

Spoiler:
In post 6, Ame wrote:
VOTE: DrDoLittle

for voting a townie
In post 33, Iconeum wrote:
In post 32, Ame wrote:Voting a townie isn't scum indicative. Voting a townie that is playing towny is.
do you consider your vote on DDL an rvs vote or are you serious about it?
In post 42, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: ame
In post 182, Ame wrote:
In post 52, Iconeum wrote:
In post 49, Ame wrote:That is neat.
In post 33, Iconeum wrote:
In post 32, Ame wrote:Voting a townie isn't scum indicative. Voting a townie that is playing towny is.
do you consider your vote on DDL an rvs vote or are you serious about it?
Yes
No cheating :)

Answer the question please (RVS vote or serious?)
Both. I always make an educated vote in RVS based on the available data. However, because the data is so limited, even an educated guess approaches randomness. In this case, I made a guess based on the gut reaction of
two posts
, so while it was "serious," it should hardly be taken seriously. But say like the game had to be decided right there, I would have voted DDL based on the information available.
In post 183, Iconeum wrote:
In post 186, Iconeum wrote:
In post 184, Ame wrote:
In post 4, Compath wrote:Things are going to be
hectic
with you around.

VOTE: Hectic
In post 5, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: compath serious vote
In particular, I read Compath's joke as forced because the hectic pun is obvious and seems like something that has probably been made many times. From this, I thought Compath was either,

A. Awkward scum
B. Someone who has played with hectic and was hinting at who he was

The latter was my interpretation after thinking about it, and if it were the case it was town indicative to me because it would be unnecessarily putting himself out there / providing information to hectic. I scum read DDL for his serious vote because I felt he also picked up on the awkwardness, but instead of thinking it through to the alternative option (B), he stopped at (A), which was scum indicative to me (pushing over sorting).
can we please get some votes on this please
In post 189, Iconeum wrote:it's such a bad faked scumread
In post 190, Iconeum wrote:Let me rephrase that

You read compath like he's awkward scum
But you somehow go to a hard townread on it

and you then proceed to scumread someone who's scumreading and voting someone YOU read like awkward scum?
In post 191, Iconeum wrote:i don't know how to phrase this properly but i hope ya'll understand lol
In post 193, Ame wrote:You're way overthinking things or just going for LHF. I begin the game thinking from the start, no matter how little there is to go on. That being said, it's still very much just (virtually random) conjecture at that point. My opinion on both Compath changed within the same page (I didn't like Compath's responses and I liked DDL ignoring us). Compath being solid townie was hyperbole / RVS shenanegans.
In post 194, Iconeum wrote:
In post 193, Ame wrote:Compath being solid townie was hyperbole / RVS shenanegans.
well no

you just said it was a serious read?
Spoiler:
In post 1120, Madoka wrote:
In post 1082, Iconeum wrote:I did read those, and I don't see the link.
They are both pushes in bad faith made to set me up to fail regardless of my responses. In strawberry you put me in a position where if I responded that my ddl vote
was
serious it would mean I was scum and if my ddl vote
wasn't serious
it would mean I was scum. Such arguments typically agenda-driven as they leave no way for you to conclude that the player is town. Similarly, here there was no path for you path for you to conclude that I was town (or that my actions were NAI) regardless of how I answered. For example, disproved your which undermined your argument in . A solve-oriented person pushing in good faith would conclude there that my actions/reasoning were consistent with my perspective and therefore the case was invalid. You, however, simply ignored and continued on with your read without further consideration and with nothing new to support it. Furthermore, you asked me a question that presumably was meant to get a better read on me, which I answered in (and which I believe was fairly town indicative based on the points made and the stream of conscious nature); however, you did not follow up on it and again continued your push without further consideration and nothing new to back it up.

Furthermore, your read was based on superficial scuminess, which is often indicative that a player is intentionally eschewing deeper analysis, as doing so would conflict with their agenda. In particular, I am referring to these two things:
In post 728, Iconeum wrote:
In post 726, Iconeum wrote:
In post 723, Madoka wrote:
In post 717, Almost50 wrote:Your desperate seesawing if orange is telling enough.
I love stuff like this and it's why it's so easy to win as scum. If I were scum here I'd definitely be defending town!Orange for this very reason. It increases paranoia, making town more likely to lynch them. Then on their town flip I look good.

Kind of what ddl was doing earlier.
wait this
is
what you are doing

lol

VOTE: madoka
'scum!me defends orange because of the easy credit i'd get when he flips town'

-> defends orange like a boss

In post 867, Iconeum wrote:
In post 833, Madoka wrote:VOTE: OrangeAssuming that Looker is counterclaiming. Will switch back if s[he] denies.
can we please lynch this?
They are both pressing on superficial aspects about my play while ignoring the motivation/intent from town/scum!Madoka.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Isis »

Ame you're scaring me
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Ame »

Because you don't find my reasoning convincing, or because you do?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1350, Isis wrote:
In post 1344, Ame wrote:Why on earth is intriguing spelled that way. It's gross.
intriging has a soft 'g'. intrigging has a short 'i' for the second 'i'. It's the minimum number of letters for phonetic pronunciation to be unambiguous, unlike many English words. What has it done to earn your criticism? Intreegging would work I guess but doesn't develop from its French etymology naturally at all.
Are you interested by artificial languages?
Like Klingon? Or in like making the ultimate and efficient human language? Yes to both.

I've always thought the 'u' went before the 'ig,' so as to be spelled 'intruiging.'
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Isis »

the latter
the latter
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Isis »

I learned the word "latter" from the English translation of the book "Heidi" by Johanna Spyri. "Heidi" was worth lots of AR reading points from being a pretty long book, and had a high reading level marked. It has always been one of my favorite words because I consider it efficient.
"Well, I..."
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Conspire »

hold up, hold up i have something to say.

Ame, I want to ask you one thing: did you look at Ico's meta earlier?

~enlightened
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Isis »

Kanna why is scum!Ame attacking my heaviest most confbiased townread instead of convincing me that the team is pinkspire
"Well, I..."
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Conspire »

This is something I have personal experience with and I can get into that later

~enlightened
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Ame »

Why I still scum read (red) Ico despite the meta he provided
In post 240, Iconeum wrote:
In post 209, Ame wrote:You must, however, kill my N1 because if Shiki + Enigma does not end the game, I will most certainly tunnel you.
yeah great idea give scum a roadmap on the later days
This doesn't seem like something to actually be concerned about..?
In post 243, Iconeum wrote:
In post 221, Isis wrote:I haven't had enough coffee for this
i actually townread this post

like seriously
This was not townread worthy.
In post 245, Iconeum wrote:I've got a hard time sorting Isis here
He just said he town read her.
In post 246, Iconeum wrote:but like, i don't feel that scum!Isis would just blatantly state that he hasn't voted for Hectic before as town, only as scum?
This is not town read worthy.
In post 249, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: mr pink

everyone townreading this slot can fight me over this

let's go
Going for the LHF. See:
In post 257, Iconeum wrote:yeah that gif pretty much sums up my thoughts wrt that

i have no clue what to make of it

it's almost like i have a hard time reading isis
Really? Really??? I don't believe that he legitimately thought this was even remotely a scum tell.
In post 364, Iconeum wrote:
In post 359, Isis wrote:UNVOTE: Jake the Wolfie
Ok, vote him, it won't be a lynch
I promise to be good.
I promise.

I would never betray you.
Never.
In post 360, Ame wrote:You cannot fool me goddess turned terrorist organization.
In post 361, Isis wrote:VOTE: Jake the Wolfie
You know I'm also voting RCEnigma right?
I recommend the podcast "Caliphate" based on your apparent interests. It's pretty good.
i mean, i know i don't know a ton about scum interactions, but i don't think this is it :lol:
(i mean i don't think this is S/S like EVER)
This interaction was not worthy of clearing us as scummates.

Overall Ico is town reading for reasons that are unwarranted, going after LHF, and interpreting things on a surface level. I gave Ico the benefit of the doubt regarding his surface pushes because he provided meta where he opened the game in similar ways to get things going, but (a) he continued to do it and (b) his posts showed that he
wasn't
actually just trying to get things going and was making a genuine argument.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1358, Conspire wrote:hold up, hold up i have something to say.

Ame, I want to ask you one thing: did you look at Ico's meta earlier?

~enlightened
Yes, my post above should address your concern.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Isis »

Ame you need to stop
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Isis »

the coffee townread made sense to me because at the time I needed coffee I was also town

like I was there
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Isis »

but now you are scaring me
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Isis »

Kanna make her stop
"Well, I..."
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Conspire »

I'll need to think about things

~enlightened
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1276, Ame wrote:Bugs she's probably just scum with how she's trying to convince the mods you were hammered.
Conspire when I hydra'ed I tended to want to delay thoughts and confer more when ever I was feeling like scum so I'm gonna prefer you nofilter immediately
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Isis »

I want to see hard stances you didn't get to run by cosmic
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Isis »

I think cosmic is probably afk right now but I don't really know
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Isis »

he figured out how to uninstall my keylogger weeks ago, it was supposed to encrypt his hard drive if he tried to but I guess it didn't work or he just bought a new computer
"Well, I..."
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Conspire »

Expect a post soon-ish. It'll include something I wanted to tell Ame about for a while. It'll be ~enlightening~ (maybe)

p-edit: oki dokie!

~enlightened
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1193, Conspire wrote:
In post 911, Ame wrote:I think this is a town slip. And I think it is genuine. I think Pink is town.
Hey, Ame, I don't like your confidence here. If genuine, why was that a townslip? Scum could also be confused about the setup, unless they were specifically planning out mislynches/path to victory during the time they could talk in night 1.

~Hoplite
It seems less likely if they are scum because they would have a partner to discuss things with over the night. I'm not confident, however.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Ame »

omg it's about mememeeeee?

:mrgreen:
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Conspire »

so basically what i found so interesting about Ame's push is that I recently made the exact same push here. and by the same, i mean really really similar.
In post 315, Kanna wrote:TLDR; I looked through Ico’s meta (Town: Mini Normal 2119, Insect Religion, Scum: Strawberry, Hard Boiled Eggs) and I think this is scum!ico. Scum!Ico focuses on scumreads + feels agendy with pushing (usually on something surface), while town!ico focuses on townreads + feels a lot less agenda-y

Also there is a single direct parallel in strawberry that i find kinda scummy which I didn’t point out at the time (obviously)

VOTE: Iconeum
~enlightened

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”