Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:29 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1454, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1451, votato wrote:
In post 1450, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1446, votato wrote:ff the chain of events is accurate. But there's a really simple explanation for why Freddie claimed. She fucked up. As scum there's no reason for her to claim there. It's a bad play and has no upside regardless of alignment. Occams razor
Just replace the word "scum" with "town", and get "As town there's no reason for her to claim there."
Exactly. Nai
Yeah that's really not what I'm saying at all.

Scum!freddie claiming VT gets the benefit of people calling her noobtown and hard defending her for it; she gets the benefit of not having to explain why she wasn't the NK in this game ever; she gets the benefit of being able to tie messy associatives to the people who are defending her so even after she gets lynched, PoEs are fucked up by that claim.

At any time during that entire chain of events, freddie could have asked for clarification about what was happening if she was so clueless, like you say she is. She could have asked whether waves had really been lynched. She could have confirmed whether she needed to claim. Since you two know each other so well, she could have asked you directly to explain what was happening if she felt intimidated by others in the thread. She didn't do any of those things.
this hits the nail on the head.

more specifically, the nail on votato's coffin - the hole for which votato is furiously digging, as fast as is humanly possible

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:30 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1468, osuka wrote:
In post 1467, votato wrote:i want to lynch osuka. There is only one thing that would make me change my mind
i hope you're not softing that you want me to claim
@votato in case it wasnt clear enough, please stop ignoring this post

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Nauci »

Spoiler: Tuxedo Posts Town Reading Votato
In post 710, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Hello everyone, catching up as fast as my little mind can read. I like Votato so far (on page 2) for sounding natural and relaxed. Also pushing an Elmo lynch seems to be a recurring theme in their newbie games that I happen to agree with.
In post 712, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Yeah, it's a newbie game modded by Elmo. It's one of those games.

Newbie 1996 we can talk about thay since it's over.

Anyways on Page 9, I still like Votato and like Feathers too.

Think Lady, Gibus, and Ironcat are pretty dang scummy.

The rest I've placed in a tiny box labeled "Eh."
In post 745, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Sorry, my catch up is getting cut short tonight. On page twenty.

My FoS is on Freddiethelady and Ironcat.

Votato and Feathers are still town, and I'm tossing FF in there as well.

The rest I'm hoping to sort in the remaining pages.
In post 796, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 114, feathers wrote:Wow, okay, not lurking. This feels like the landmines I was talking about, I was just putting out guesses. I voted you earlier because you asked me what pbf meant, it's a silly reason since someone explained rvs voting is usually non serious at first. I stuck with it because you're on my sus list, and I heard mafia are more likely to switch votes easily so I didn't want to be seen that way. Seems like in this game people get suspected either way though..
This feels very genuine newbie town. To me, newbie towns seem petrified of two things, being wrong and being lynched. So the fact they are so open about their fear of doing something wrong with their guesses reads genuine to me.
In post 102, gibus wrote:
In post 82, feathers wrote:So unless someone gets lynched Day 1, we’d have to wait 10 whole irl days for Day 1 to end? That sounds.. bad for town honestly. Stirs up unnecessary arguments and wagons, probably mislynch someone in the end instead of waiting the time out.
I kind of agree, but I don't have a clear idea. Can someone tell me how D1 lynch is not a purely probabilistic kill?
What qualities can you find in someone's posts that give them a TR? And why can't a good mafia player not replicate said qualities?

If townreads are necessary to find connections between people if they flip scum, how can it not be a case of WIFOM? If it is, won't a lynch always be a purely probabilistic kill?

I don't know if there is a separate thread for this post, so I'm posting it here.
The bolded feels awkward, like going out of their to show they don't know about scum PT.
In post 75, gibus wrote:VOTE: gibus when will RVS end?
Didn't like what Gibus was doing here, but that's well-trodded ground. This is not a method for ending RVS.
In post 53, Freddiethelady wrote:
In post 12, iamironcat wrote:Hola, also had some mafia history in other places. Have never played a mafia game which lasted this long tho. I don't get the vote for Votato so VOTE:
gibus
In post 45, iamironcat wrote:
In post 20, votato wrote:this is known as the RVS, or Random Vote Stage, where people vote for silly reasons to get the game started, and then we gradually progress to more serious posting as we get a few bandwagons going.
Fine, VOTE: votato
you shouldn't flipflop like that makes you look flaky

VOTE: imironcat
This is pretty misrepresentative. Very clearly they aren't flip-flopping but had a misunderstanding, and corrected themselves when it was explained.
In post 148, iamironcat wrote:It's funny how freddie is saying that filiiping is a mafia move - like that's the last thing they would do.
That being said, if I get killed tonight, investigate Lilith. I have a FOS on them.
It might be possible they would put the blame on Freddie.
The assumption they would NK'd is strange, and ir pinged me as LAMIST.
In post 227, gibus wrote:Regardless of experience, I find ironcat's interest in finding scum in contrast to your disinterest (#223). You've provided nothing useful to town in your ISO other than a three player scumread (#212) with no stance on it immediately after criticising my three player scumread.

VOTE: Formerfish
I don't agree with this vote. I'm unsure how FF had not demonstrated scumhunting here.
In post 332, gibus wrote:
In post 329, feathers wrote: I mean I really hope you're a townsperson, and I'm sorry for voting you for so long if you are, but I just want to be sure.
Why are you sorry?!
I wouldn't be surprised if the mafia kept you till LyLo because of your trust.
This is either very astute and forward-thinking or a slip from ideas in scum thread. I know that's not super helpful, but I keep fliping on what way I feel about it.
In post 415, iamironcat wrote:Hola TOWN FOLKS! o/

Who's the biggest suspect if copykat flips out town?
If they're indeed mafia, who would you suspect next?
This seems like a really strange question at the time it was asked, super unprovoked. Something can certainly wait till day 2.
In post 552, Freddiethelady wrote:fish, i had no read on you other than noting how explosive you were. i subconsciously decided i would trying to avoid saying something that might get that reaction out of you because the noise is useless. i joined the game for fun, but your posts and your arrogance makes me wonder if you did the same. i am not sure how to read you and further at the moment - so at the very least its distracting and frustrating to have to read through it.
This reads really scummy to me. FF is definitely the type of player scum would like to avoid, and then to just attack their playstyle as well seems to discredit them more than anything. I really don't like it.
In post 528, iamironcat wrote:Anyhow, this analysis got me sure of my scum reads. Lilith and Fish.

Lilith cheaply jumps on any "leads" she can find. Such as the copykat slip and how I'm "bussing" fishyfriend. It's clear that her playstyle is scum.

Fish has shown themselves as town but thanks Lilith, it's clear that their interaction shows he's in her chat as well.

That being said, copy kat is town and so are the rest apart from these two that I've mentioned.
Too bad I can't question them but, what Lilith is listed as doing is called scum hunting. This accusation seems super basless. I don't know what the thing about Fish means, and the certainness in my slot being town with no explanation seems really sus.
In post 727, Nauci wrote:Okay now that's a level of rudeness which is both totally unwarranted and completely inappropriate for thew Newbie Games section. Inb4 the entire game derails over this kind of thing or we get 4 replacements. The irony of someone saying J"flooding the thread with your vitriol" or "Why the fuck do i want to talk to you if this is how you react to a miscommunication." after accusing them of cunting up a thread is
If you're worried about stuff like this derailing the game why bring it up again? Like lilith didn't seem to pay it any mind and ended things nicely. Then to just drag it up all these pages later seems off. I don't trust the intention behind this.

Overall reads:
Town

Formerfish:Asking questions, advancing the game, and trying to solve. Say what you will about their playstyle, they have made genuine attempts throughout to make things more accommodating and palatable to town. In a few games when a player comes in with a polarizing playstyle, scum seem to be those who harp on it most.
Lilith: They also seems really focused on solving, and their thought process is easy to follow. Very open to the town and trying to progress the game. They seemed to have dropped off the map though.
Votato: Had a strong read at the start, but she's fallen off. She keeps saying she wants more information from my slot, but she's still slaked in other areas of the game. Hopefully, this can help push them forward. (in the first draft of this I kept calling you they, sorry. And Sorry if I slip up and don't catch it.)
Outside Town

Feahters/[line]The Nazi[/line]Nausi: Feathers was painted head to toe in the town colors, and had them as a solid read throughout the game. Nausi has diminished it slightly with moves I don't agree with.
Gibus: Gibus had a scummy start to the day, with the masons and the spam voting. All really derailed and added chaos to the game. Over the course of the day, their posting has improved, and I've gotten some good town pings from them. However, tinfoil hatty, that progression doesn't always feel super genuine and get paranoia they're just being heavily coached in scum PT.
Somewhere Else

IamIronCat/Osuka: Ironcat was a weird slot, scum read them pretty heavily, but Osuka hasn't done anything objectionable. And since I can't question Ironcat about their posts, I'm okay waiting on this one to get more content from. Besides I have better reads for now...
Scum Bums

Brass/Waversac: Started off okay then completely fell off and then seemed pretty frustrated at being questioned. Any number of things could explain it, but them sitting on my slot from daybreak tonight doesn't sit well with me. Neither does their response to Former Fish. The replacement hasn't done anything, hoping to hear from them soon.
Freddiethelady: Has just been active lurking this entire game, letting town just steer itself around and get tied in knots. Something is keeping this slot from playing, and I have a feeling it's because they're scum that doesn't know what to do.

I'd vote Freddie here, but I have a poor grasp of where the vote count is at.

@Gibus and Osuka: I know Gibus said they put me at L-2, but by my count it was L-1. I do agree that progressing the votes on my slot to either of those is very different levels of pressure.
In post 845, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 833, votato wrote:freddie's play is pretty similar here. i chalk it up to being new rather than being scum. if shes scum it will become clear later on. theres no need for a day 1 lynch either way, but im thinking its a town slot.
I don't see it, but I didn't live that game. Only going by what they said in their iso, which seemed more probing and present. Can you explain the similarities here?
In post 840, wavesarc wrote:@everyone that is townreading votato: why?

VOTE: votato btw
They seem at ease and comfortable, making jokes, having fun, but pushing reads and going after things that grab their interest. They also haven't done anything I find objectionable.
In post 998, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I have to agree, I don't like the look of 993. It's pretty handwavy of justified critique.

@Osuka 1: can you link those posts you town read of Iron Kat? I'm going ISO dive them tonight. 2: Besides Freddie who do you scum read and why? Have any town reads?

@Wave & Lilith: Are you both pushing for a Votato lynch today? We're running out of time and I'm not close to sold on it. Failing that who else would you two vote? Seems likely it's coming down to Freddie, Osuka, and me.

@Freddie: Seriously, what are your scum reads? Who do you want lynched today? It seems when people criticize you your first instinct is to imply they're scummy for it and move on.
In post 1056, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1054, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1052, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Lilith where you at? You said Votato hasn't been seriously pushing, but I'm not seeing a major push on him from Wave or you, and you guys have a lot more work cut out for you on that slot.
What I’ve been doing doesn’t count as a hard push...? Anyway I agree, votato wagon is not gaining any traction. I need to reread the thread tonight and I’ll figure out who out of the viable wagons I would be okay with lynching. I haven’t formed a really strong read on either freddie or waves, so I’ll ISO them and see how I feel
I feel like you two aren't doing enough to try and sell people that Votato is scum, which would take a lot of work. Votato "not pushing" isn't something I really agree with, and if that's everything there are certainly way more lynches that I prefer. But I think you're doing a better job than Wave who's most recent post seems more like a backdown than anything.
In post 1279, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1278, osuka wrote:
In post 1275, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Besides Freddie, where are everyone's heads at? I just wanna talk about something else for a bit. We're getting nowhere.
why dont you start?
Cause I'm hella lost and the last few pages of WIFOM and petty arguments didn't help.

I need to reread your and Ironcat's iso. Formerfish and Votato I still think are town, but them arguing over Freddie isn't helping anything.

I think lilith is fine, but I'd like them to talk more.

Being wrong is NAI, but Nausi being so wrong feels weird. So I wanna reread there to.

And I don't know what to think about Freddie anymore. There that probably didn't help anyone with anything. So that's why I wanna hear other player's thoughts.]
In post 1347, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Well I understand the logic, I'd rather lynch Votato for being scummy and not to sort Freddie. If Votato flips town I really don't like where that would leave us.
Excuse me, do what now?!

Aren't there like a dozen posts from you town reading votato?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:32 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1495, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1492, Nauci wrote:
In post 1345, Formerfish wrote:I have a solution, if Vota flips town, we leave Freddie alone. If Vota flips scum we power lynch Freddie on day 3

It makes more sense then you are acting.
again i actually dont like this

if vota flips scum then freddie can be town. It's the fact that if freddie flips red, votato is like 100000% gonna be scum as well

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:34 am

Post by osuka »

and to be clear about the above, i don't think scum vota means town freddie, I just mean that scum vota doesn't give us a lot of info as to freddies alignment

scum freddie, on the other hand, means scum vota more than 100% of the time

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:34 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1459, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1444, votato wrote:i mostly started suspecting ff later. The gambit reeked to me
Fish announced that he was ending the gambit in by virtue of having posted about it. There wasn't going to
be
a "D2 solve" because as he said, he didn't have anyone to back him up. You still didn't have him in your lynchpool in . So where exactly did you start suspecting fish due to his gambit?
@votato
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1353, osuka wrote:I'm actually with votato on this one. i'm not sure town vota means scum freddie. i dont think votas flip would actually mean a whole lot in terms of freddies alignment at all
^this
In post 1353, osuka wrote:freddies flip, on the other hand, might implicate vota a bit
^but not this
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:38 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1389, gibus wrote:How is pressure voting sus? We need content from everyone before we lynch.

I'm curious about her thoughts on Fred after he claimed, people other than votato and FF, wave's flip, no NK.
I don't like #1308 because it looks like confbias at that point (he was scumreading FF & osuka for a while).
@gibus I think I explained pretty thoroughly my point about how votato’s reads on fish and osuka changed when they started pushing freddie. I’d like you to respond to that because you claimed I said that out of confbias and that my timeline of events wasn’t accurate.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1502, Nauci wrote:Excuse me, do what now?!

Yes, that's my point. That was in response to Fish saying we should lynch Votato to see if he's telling the truth about Freddie.

So what I was saying to Fish is "If you want me to lynch Votato, make a case that they're scum. Not a case for how it would make Freddi easier to read."
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:40 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Still in the middle of doing thorough reread of D1 end/D2 start
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1501, osuka wrote:
In post 1467, votato wrote:i want to lynch osuka. There is only one thing that would make me change my mind
I'm interested in this as well, since Vota has been accusing me of role fishing Freddie when i fake hammered and then explained claiming.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1503, osuka wrote:again i actually dont like this

if vota flips scum then freddie can be town. It's the fact that if freddie flips red, votato is like 100000% gonna be scum as well
You are ignoring my experience where what you say cant happen has happened.

Freddie can be town here being propped up by Scum!Vota who is white knighting the shit out of Freddie. Freddie hasnt done anything that is going to shed light on Votas alignment.

You can disagree, but at least acknowledge that its more than what youre making it to be.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:46 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1419, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1149, votato wrote:well fish you did go fishing for claims pretty hard
this is literally not true, he didn't ask anyone to claim. I was the one who asked waves to claim, and no one asked freddie to claim.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1510, Formerfish wrote:
I'm interested in this as well, since Vota has been accusing me of role fishing Freddie when i fake hammered and then explained claiming.
Haven't the two of you made that same statement multiple times about Freedie and Votato? Saying "there's one thing that would convince me you're town, and you haven't said it yet."

Are you role fishing there? If not, how is Votato role fishing when they do it?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1513, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
Haven't the two of you made that same statement multiple times about Freedie and Votato? Saying "there's one thing that would convince me you're town, and you haven't said it yet."

I don’t think that’s what they said? Iirc it was “without a good reason, we should lynch them.” The reason could be a towncase or a better scumcase on someone else.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:49 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Without a good reason to not lynch them, we should lynch them*
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1508, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

Yes, that's my point. That was in response to Fish saying we should lynch Votato to see if he's telling the truth about Freddie.

So what I was saying to Fish is "If you want me to lynch Votato, make a case that they're scum. Not a case for how it would make Freddi easier to read."
The case is that town!vota has only 1 way to be so sure of town!freddie on day 1, and that is if they are masons together. Freddie has claimed VT, and Vota stays vigilant on the wall defending Freddie against any and all attacks at the expense of his own game.

So, either Freddie is lying about thier role, or they really are vt and scum!vota knows that they are town and are white knighting so that if Freddie dies Vota reaps towncred.

So we can figure out what freddie proibably is from what Vota is, but we can never figure out what vota is based off what Freddie is.

And Tux, ive made my cases on Vota and Freddie, and none of it involves the read alone.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1511, Formerfish wrote:Freddie can be town here being propped up by Scum!Vota who is white knighting the shit out of Freddie. Freddie hasnt done anything that is going to shed light on Votas alignment.
I don't think this is true. I don't think scum Votato would double down so hard on Town!Freddie. I think this behavior would make more sense if they were scum together. But I don't think he would actively tarnish a fairly good standing in the eyes of most players to stop a mislynch.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1513, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

Osuka hasnt been blindly defending another slot when they literally shouldnt be able to know their alignment.

Tux, i dont know if youre being intentionally obtuse because the situations you are trying to equate are not even in the same league.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1516, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1508, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

The case is that town!vota has only 1 way to be so sure of town!freddie on day 1, and that is if they are masons together. Freddie has claimed VT, and Vota stays vigilant on the wall defending Freddie against any and all attacks at the expense of his own game.

So, either Freddie is lying about thier role, or they really are vt and scum!vota knows that they are town and are white knighting so that if Freddie dies Vota reaps towncred.

So we can figure out what freddie proibably is from what Vota is, but we can never figure out what vota is based off what Freddie is.

And Tux, ive made my cases on Vota and Freddie, and none of it involves the read alone.
Yeah, I'm not asking for a case now it's been laid out clear. That was one statement I made in response to when you first switched gears for wanting Votato dead before Freddie. I understand the situation now. Nauci just clipped me out of context and I had to explain what I was saying and why at the time.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1517, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1511, Formerfish wrote:Freddie can be town here being propped up by Scum!Vota who is white knighting the shit out of Freddie. Freddie hasnt done anything that is going to shed light on Votas alignment.
I don't think this is true. I don't think scum Votato would double down so hard on Town!Freddie. I think this behavior would make more sense if they were scum together. But I don't think he would actively tarnish a fairly good standing in the eyes of most players to stop a mislynch.
You think it makes more sense for scumvota to double down on defending scumfreddie, while scumvota wouldnt defend townfreddie as much?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1520, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1517, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
You think it makes more sense for scumvota to double down on defending scumfreddie, while scumvota wouldnt defend townfreddie as much?
I understand that if they're both scum Votato has kind of thrown the game by being so dedicated. But I can also see the progression making more sense if they are scum then if Freddie was town.

Why would scum white knight? To win an ally and/or to look good when that person flips town. No offense but Freddie doesn't seem to be that helpful of an ally, and multiple players are calling for Votato's head now even BEFORE Freddie flips. So either way it seems like it would be much easier and better for Scum!Votato to let the mislynch happen rather than stick his neck out in the first place. To me Votato starting down this road and finding it difficult to give up is if they're scum together.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Formerfish »

White knighting is when scum defends town to other town memebers. The result of white knighting is that you gain an ally in the person you are defending because they feel like they have someone who they can trust, so the scum player has an ability to manipulate the defended in game.

Since Vota decided to WK a "townie" who was taking some heat he also has the chance that after defending the shit out of freddie, fred still finds her way into some rope, and then Vota comes in and is all like "See mofos, i told you Freddie was town" and then takes a scrooge mcduck stlye dive into the town cred he thinks hes going to get.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Just because you dont understand doesnt mean its not happening.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I feel like the chance of someone flipping scum here is much much higher in the person who is blindly tring someone for an unknown and apparently unquantifiable reason, while said person hasnt said shit about the defender.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”