Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!

DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 am

Post by DonCorleone »

I actually really don't like a lot of drpepper's posting but I think he was voting in the same places as me for like over half of D1 and I think that speaks to towniness. I don't agree with his farkset take though.

drpepper, why do you think farkset are scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1248, DonCorleone wrote:I have a clear on CSF
why not jv or nm
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1249, Datisi wrote:DC, how interested are you in a defense based on meta?
given that you're aware enough of your own meta to want to defend yourself with it, not that interested.

I'm not gonna tell you to stop if you think you have a smoking gun to prove your innocence though
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:38 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1251, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1248, DonCorleone wrote:I have a clear on CSF
why not jv or nm
I felt kinda paranoid about my CSF read after being so wrong on aldus and I figured that the top slots were most likely to eat a NK
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:40 am

Post by DonCorleone »

why JV?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

a few things:
1. dp's posting is probably great but i'm not sure he hammers as a partner when there were still semi-viable other options (including just not voting / showing up)
2. i thought csf's positioning on aldu was probably not partner-indicative
3. i think you should have checked jv or nm because if they're town they're going to end up mislynched at some point, which would suck. that's a very suboptimal check imo
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1254, DonCorleone wrote:why JV?
literally looks like scum trying to find any other place to vote than their partner at eod + having like no content + just like read their eod and tell me how that's a townie progression on like anything
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 6:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

also your push on alimida kinda looks like trying to divert off a partner @dc
Show
Hiatus once more.

Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Farkset »

Ok so here's what i think:

1) I was plenty correct in saying that the wagon on almidia was born to save alduskkel, which implies almidia conftown to me and dunnstral/jacksonvirgo/iconeum/drpepper in awful positions on that wagon.
2) Out of those four names i like drpepper the best based on his d1 performance, the tunnel on me feels genuine. Scum wouldn't vote on one of the reasons why alduskkel went down, denying any possibility to be wrong is a town perk, but man you must start to open your eyes at some point
3) At least one out of JV/NM must have something to say.
4) DonCorleone and CSF are conftown today, based on flips and my personal knowledge. Might be a scum cop but i don't care about that offchance right now
5) Melody was probably killed for being the earlier counterwagon to alduskkel and one of the main pushers, with the red flip they would have never been lynched, which means the scumteam is more than half-competent

Conclusions:

A) Until proven wrong i am down to lynch Dunnstral or Iconeum today. At least one of them is scum, i'm betting a slice of my ass on it (i have a quite abudant ass though so it's not a real problem)
B) Skitter should never reach lylo. I'm serious. Sorry skit, but the way you were insisting about changing wagons + how you refused to go on melody at the very eod + the voice of disappoint after he was hammered look like professional distancing to me. Your confidence and your refusal to switch votes sound like you were trying to feign absolute ignorance about the flip but at the same time you didn't want to look bad by jumping off of it. If you are town, i will owe you an apology. Until lylo i do want to work together with you though, and i will defend any lynch against you with my life, hoping that i was wrong and we win earlier. A fact stands though, that when i get in any-amount lylo i will immediately vote skitter without even rereading.

VOTE: Dunnstral, i think it's better to prioritize this given how much he insisted about the vig pick which was just now confirmed picked by town.
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1258, Farkset wrote:Skitter should never reach lylo. I'm serious. Sorry skit, but the way you were insisting about changing wagons + how you refused to go on melody at the very eod + the voice of disappoint after he was hammered look like professional distancing to me. Your confidence and your refusal to switch votes sound like you were trying to feign absolute ignorance about the flip but at the same time you didn't want to look bad by jumping off of it. If you are town, i will owe you an apology. Until lylo i do want to work together with you though, and i will defend any lynch against you with my life, hoping that i was wrong and we win earlier. A fact stands though, that when i get in any-amount lylo i will immediately vote skitter without even rereading.
i can work with most of this ... until the very last sentence cuz that would lose the game. like i would literally be fine with this if you gave me time to convince you otherwise in lylo, cuz as it stands scum just let us both be in lylo and we lose

you realize that i was given ample oppurtunity at eod to avoid the aldu lynch and i went with it anyways tho,right? i could have forced a nolynch or a melody lynch
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1258, Farkset wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral, i think it's better to prioritize this given how much he insisted about the vig pick which was just now confirmed picked by town.
also n3 vig and 1s vig are different roles
Show
Hiatus once more.

Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 1259, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1258, Farkset wrote:Skitter should never reach lylo. I'm serious. Sorry skit, but the way you were insisting about changing wagons + how you refused to go on melody at the very eod + the voice of disappoint after he was hammered look like professional distancing to me. Your confidence and your refusal to switch votes sound like you were trying to feign absolute ignorance about the flip but at the same time you didn't want to look bad by jumping off of it. If you are town, i will owe you an apology. Until lylo i do want to work together with you though, and i will defend any lynch against you with my life, hoping that i was wrong and we win earlier. A fact stands though, that when i get in any-amount lylo i will immediately vote skitter without even rereading.
i can work with most of this ... until the very last sentence cuz that would lose the game. like i would literally be fine with this if you gave me time to convince you otherwise in lylo, cuz as it stands scum just let us both be in lylo and we lose

you realize that i was given ample oppurtunity at eod to avoid the aldu lynch and i went with it anyways tho,right? i could have forced a nolynch or a melody lynch
Well, you know as much as i do that you are capable of performing a well-mannered bus. But that's not my problem today. If we are both town and we are left alive we should win this game well before lylo.

pedit: oh hmm... you are right, i just read the vigilante word and didn't think that there could be two. Eh, my main reason for voting dunnstral is not the vig fishing though, it's his position on Almidia and how he went by mid-to-late d1. I can also do iconeum, but dunnstral is fine.

-Farkran (i forgot to sign)
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:20 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 1250, DonCorleone wrote:I actually really don't like a lot of drpepper's posting but I think he was voting in the same places as me for like over half of D1 and I think that speaks to towniness. I don't agree with his farkset take though.

drpepper, why do you think farkset are scum?
So here the thing. I've had Farkset in my scumdar for the whole day and something didn't sit well with me with how the easily tried to paint me as scum for that hammer.

Btw that was a lol hammer for deadline sake. A lot of people expressed 'oh i think you'll flip town but we gotta get a lynch' yet somehow I was scummy there? That's a whole load of crap.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:21 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 1255, skitter30 wrote:a few things:
1. dp's posting is probably great but i'm not sure he hammers as a partner when there were still semi-viable other options (including just not voting / showing up)
2. i thought csf's positioning on aldu was probably not partner-indicative
3. i think you should have checked jv or nm because if they're town they're going to end up mislynched at some point, which would suck. that's a very suboptimal check imo
You do realize I could have just diverted from the Aldus wagon or ensured a no lynch if I was scum right?
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1261, Farkset wrote:Well, you know as much as i do that you are capable of performing a well-mannered bus. But that's not my problem today. If we are both town and we are left alive we should win this game well before lylo.
i'll drop it for right now but if we're both still alive day before lylo i'm going to be trying to talk you out of it cuz i don't want to lose
Show
Hiatus once more.

DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:23 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 1228, Farkset wrote:
In post 1224, DoctorPepper wrote:I'd really rather not lynch Aldus and would swing for farm over melody

But hey, deadline

VOTE: Aldus
This slot is bad

At this precise moment in time i want to ship a melody/iconeum/drpepper solve.

Day 2 will talk about how much i was correct or wrong

-Farkran
So after this you're just gonna say "DP is town based on D1 performance"

FOH with that scum
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:27 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 1223, Datisi wrote:Ok so turns out my availability might not be as good as i thought so

VOTE: aldus

Might be able to check in here and there but no promises
Yeah Dats could have claimed they weren't online if they didn't bus Aldus

DC dats is probably town
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1248, DonCorleone wrote: Datisi felt like he could be bussing there unwillingly

VOTE: datisi
What about it felt like a bus?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 8:37 am

I’m inclined to look offwagon as a jumping point

VOTE: jv
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 8:39 am

In post 1265, DoctorPepper wrote:So after this you're just gonna say "DP is town based on D1 performance"

FOH with that scum
He seems to have changed his mind about you after seeing aldus’ flip. Why is that not a plausible line of thinking?

Can you remind me why you were scumreading the slot yday?
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 1265, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 1228, Farkset wrote:
In post 1224, DoctorPepper wrote:I'd really rather not lynch Aldus and would swing for farm over melody

But hey, deadline

VOTE: Aldus
This slot is bad

At this precise moment in time i want to ship a melody/iconeum/drpepper solve.

Day 2 will talk about how much i was correct or wrong

-Farkran
So after this you're just gonna say "DP is town based on D1 performance"

FOH with that scum
So you assume that while i know that aldus flips scum (because i am also scum), i call you a bad slot for hammering it, then i enter d2 calling you town... ok. I mean, i could accept a similar reasoning that i made towards skitter a few posts above, but i have been pushing aldus for the most part of d1 and i insisted on pushing even after the almidia wagon formed and reached L-2. Then, 2 hours from deadline i try to switch onto melody because i was almost convinced that aldus was town, skitter denies me the chance so i get immediately back on aldus, AND night 1 i kill melody, who was also townreading me.

Correct me where i am wrong, and after you're done please vote dunnstral with me :)
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Farkset »

-Fark

Lost habit of signing
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 9:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

dc why do you think you didn't die?
Show
Hiatus once more.

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:57 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1243, DoctorPepper wrote:
You're prolly town because it's unlikely you and Aldus agreed to both pick 2.
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with this one, sadly.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:59 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1260, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1258, Farkset wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral, i think it's better to prioritize this given how much he insisted about the vig pick which was just now confirmed picked by town.
also n3 vig and 1s vig are different roles
What's the real difference except when you can shoot?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Completed Open Games”