What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 974, Bingle wrote:But why is that scum indicative?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

So we have roughly 6 days till deadline.

People who are around should claim confirmable role/nonconfirmable role and card color.

Card color is abusable for town. Knowing how close we are to being able to find a scum solely off of roleclaims is also useful for town.

Irch, chem and the hydra should respond to my questions.

Someone in {Iconeum, Ircher, Chateau Lobby, Titus, Pigman} should summarize their girls case and someone in {ManateeDude, boring, farside22, Doctor Drew, Quick} should summarize the CL case.

TSE should talk to me about Farside, because that's the only slot I'm comfortable townreading after my skim.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Quick »

I am just sheeping my betters here because not really a fan of this kind of game.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Bingle »

Oh, and I suppose for now:

VOTE: Chemist
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 976, Bingle wrote:So we have roughly 6 days till deadline.

People who are around should claim confirmable role/nonconfirmable role and card color.

Card color is abusable for town. Knowing how close we are to being able to find a scum solely off of roleclaims is also useful for town.

Someone in {Iconeum, Ircher, Chateau Lobby, Titus, Pigman} should summarize their girls case and someone in {ManateeDude, boring, farside22, Doctor Drew, Quick} should summarize the CL case.

TSE should talk to me about Farside, because that's the only slot I'm comfortable townreading after my skim.
Me or Farside?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Green wasn't on the color choices that were listed as possible.
Also doesn't the color choices help scum? If they know a player is yellow for example and they shot that player then everyone is roleblocked.
Also I don't understand how the blue card works. I figured a player still dies, but the next day is 2 day instead of a full 14 days. (That was how I read it, but it could be wrong).

I have a hard town read on chemist.
Scum read on TSE/BM but I will see if Hotoc will clear them. I think Quick is 3P. Ircher goes back and forth between town and scum but I'm leaning light scum read.
Titus I want to say town but her play is really odd to me currently. 2girl reads pretty town on there come back tour.
Pig reads scummy as for Chateau, let me get that into second post.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

Spoiler:
In post 291, Chateau Lobby wrote:VOTE: Quick

L-1 notice.
In post 315, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 300, ManateeDude wrote:Quick you got some explaining to do along with the people quickhammering
In post 308, ManateeDude wrote:Dont think TSE quickhammers and draws FoS as scum here
This thought changed quick.
In post 337, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 318, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 314, Chateau Lobby wrote:VOTE: ManateeDude

Simple enough. Too obvious. Nothing genuine here.
if im reading this right youre voting me for thinking out loud bc I dont think thats inherently scummy
I'm not boting you for thinking out loud, I'm voting you because you give me the vibe of scum thinking out loud.

You are writing typical things that could be placed at the start of any day in any game.
In post 338, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 319, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 317, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 316, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 315, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 300, ManateeDude wrote:Quick you got some explaining to do along with the people quickhammering
In post 308, ManateeDude wrote:Dont think TSE quickhammers and draws FoS as scum here
This thought changed quick.
The first statement doesnt suggest a scumread?
The 1st statement implies a FoS at the least in my eyes.
and like I said I dont think TSE draws FoS here as town. Me saying an explanation is might imply FoS but the second statement explained why that didnt matter

When I say "FENCE"
Y'all say "SITTING"

"FENCE!"

In post 339, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 323, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 321, farside22 wrote:
In post 320, boring wrote:More stuff is happening: Pregame, I got a green card, but now I have a yellow card too. As far as I know, I'm still town, and it was right at the beginning of N1, so any recruitment-like night actions couldn't have happened yet.

Did anyone else get another card?
Yup.

Also think Quick is lying and I'm going to say scum based on something that I got this morning.
But I'm pretty sure when you see player lynch proff at flip that isn't 1x, maybe wrong but I'm not going to be testing that theory right now.

TSE: Why did you hammer without a claim?
I Hammered because I was bored and thought I’d goof around.
Not the greatest idea but I was like “oooo I can hammer!”
I don’t think I was 100% at the time lol.
Don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure that if Quick is to believed and didn't know about the lynchproof then I think the lynchproof was for ALL lynches on D1. That could also explain the lack of a NK.

I'm just glad its out of the way. I mean we can always try to lynch qquick again to see if the lynchproof still applies.

Hey, I'm convincing my self here.

VOTE: Quick
In post 350, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 349, Chemist1422 wrote:[Is anyone going to respond to my boring vote?]
[I think I might have something there.]
Ohhh. Interesting. Worth finding out.

Can you give us a link to the card role from the list?

VOTE: Boring
In post 479, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 450, ManateeDude wrote:VOTE: Chateau Lobby

their whole iso is just a mess of non-commital votes and reads
if im reading this right youre voting me for thinking out loud bc I dont think thats inherently scummy
In post 743, Chateau Lobby wrote:tl;dr:
- put a player at L-1 in a game which likely starts without town majority. doesnt once mention the player he placed at L-1 before placing the vote and when placing the vote doesnt make a comment as to why hes voting.
- easily votes whichever player is under scrutiny and seems unable to develop his own reads besides a vote on me based on very flimsy reasoning that he quickly dropped upon finding a more palpable target
- generally doesnt seem to be paying attention to the thread and doesnt note important details
- early game had some moments that could easily be read as oppurtunistic scum looking for towncred such as asking very simple questions that I initially townread before analyzing

All of these comments from Man about me are also totally NAI.

Total projection.

So in the beginning he put Quick to L-1 and then calls out manatee about his post to Quick.
Now at first I thought it was a good point but when Manatee explains himself I see a hesitation and then its followed by weak reasoning. Since then I've seen CL buddy up to players with votes and his comment about knowing his own play style and saying it is all NAI really reads as a player trying hard not to play. It's the so low under the radar you won't catch him and he won't show his hand.
I don't really see anything that reads as scum hunting other then one post, and one post does not = town in my world.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 899, Chateau Lobby wrote:
In post 890, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 889, ManateeDude wrote:At this point I'm ready for this day to be over I quite honestly don't care about the details
You are know my sheep buddy, plus not a bad idea to make the competing wagons to be even to hopefully make something happen.

VOTE: Chateau

Drew think about what you are doing? You know I'm not scum here.
You will have to elaborate.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 979, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 976, Bingle wrote:So we have roughly 6 days till deadline.

Me or Farside?
Farside.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 980, farside22 wrote:Also doesn't the color choices help scum? If they know a player is yellow for example and they shot that player then everyone is roleblocked.
No.

First of all, the massclaim of cards happens during the day. Via both the role you quoted and the formatting in my "This is what your slot has received" PM, card color changes each night.

So I'm blue today, but tonight I WON'T be blue. Or at least, if I'm blue it will be randomly generated tonight. (Da ba dee da ba die) That makes the {it helps scum choose NK's angle} nonsense, because we cannot claim information we don't have access to.

Similarly, mass roleblocking is a thing town can use to narrow down who could have performed the nightkill, particularly if there are roles in the game that can tell if they've been roleblocked. Like I can.

Lynching Blue is also +town utility, given that it makes the game doubleday. Skipping a nightphase is always helpful for town. Always.

Lynching red is helpful for scum in specifically LYLO/MYLO to help with quickhammers, at which point we shouldn't claim our cards. But today isn't LYLO, I hope, so we literally don't have a reason to worry about that.

Lying about your card is dumb as a scumtell, because everyone gets cards (except maybe the dealer? I don't remember and I don't need to look). If, as I posited, massclaiming colors is protown, then it could be used as a scumtell I guess, but NO ONE had explained that. Town was acting as though keeping colors close to your chest was useful. It was basically the equivalent of saying "Hey guys, I'm the unlimited shot dayvig and I can kill anyone at any time and the game is already over :lol:" It's stupid and doesn't advance anything, but there's nothing really scummy about it.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Bingle »

Talk to me about your Chem townread, far. I'm not seeing that at all.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 981, farside22 wrote:So in the beginning he put Quick to L-1 and then calls out manatee about his post to Quick.
Now at first I thought it was a good point but when Manatee explains himself I see a hesitation and then its followed by weak reasoning. Since then I've seen CL buddy up to players with votes and his comment about knowing his own play style and saying it is all NAI really reads as a player trying hard not to play. It's the so low under the radar you won't catch him and he won't show his hand.
I don't really see anything that reads as scum hunting other then one post, and one post does not = town in my world.
Thanks. I'll ISO dive to see if I can try to differentiate between checked out town and scum, but that post helps. How do you feel about your company on the wagon though?

(It looks like a shit wagon to me.)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I am red today.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 975, Ircher wrote:
Because...town don't usually have a motivation to lie?

They claimed a card with an actual color from last night, and if they didn't want to claim their n0 card color they could have just...said that?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 984, Bingle wrote:
In post 980, farside22 wrote:Also doesn't the color choices help scum? If they know a player is yellow for example and they shot that player then everyone is roleblocked.
No.

First of all, the massclaim of cards happens during the day. Via both the role you quoted and the formatting in my "This is what your slot has received" PM, card color changes each night.

So I'm blue today, but tonight I WON'T be blue. Or at least, if I'm blue it will be randomly generated tonight. (Da ba dee da ba die) That makes the {it helps scum choose NK's angle} nonsense, because we cannot claim information we don't have access to.

Similarly, mass roleblocking is a thing town can use to narrow down who could have performed the nightkill, particularly if there are roles in the game that can tell if they've been roleblocked. Like I can.

Lynching Blue is also +town utility, given that it makes the game doubleday. Skipping a nightphase is always helpful for town. Always.

Lynching red is helpful for scum in specifically LYLO/MYLO to help with quickhammers, at which point we shouldn't claim our cards. But today isn't LYLO, I hope, so we literally don't have a reason to worry about that.

Lying about your card is dumb as a scumtell, because everyone gets cards (except maybe the dealer? I don't remember and I don't need to look). If, as I posited, massclaiming colors is protown, then it could be used as a scumtell I guess, but NO ONE had explained that. Town was acting as though keeping colors close to your chest was useful. It was basically the equivalent of saying "Hey guys, I'm the unlimited shot dayvig and I can kill anyone at any time and the game is already over :lol:" It's stupid and doesn't advance anything, but there's nothing really scummy about it.

I'll bite more out of curiosity to see if it holds value. Pregame I received red, today I have a blue card.
Before I begin I will tell you I am terrible at explaining town reads. Sometimes it's gut, sometimes its games I play with that player that I can't reference. Sometimes it just how I see things that look natural when I read the player. And I have a bad habit of not thinking about a player much after I town read them for awhile in a game.

Okay so my town read on chemist is because right from the start he aggressively started questioning players. I liked how he started the game. He prodded players more then most at the start of day 1. Questioned players voting Hotoc claiming goon and pushed with Quick that got that day 1 lynch started. He caught onto the green card claim from boring, which I don't see why that should be looked at as town because originally I thought it was caught scum myself as it isn't listed as a color option (which you/Bingle still have explained why that is possible).
I would say the rest of day 2 for him is not as great. Mostly tunnel on boring. He says he wants to use his shot on TSE, but I dont know why he believes TSE.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 986, Bingle wrote:
In post 981, farside22 wrote:So in the beginning he put Quick to L-1 and then calls out manatee about his post to Quick.
Thanks. I'll ISO dive to see if I can try to differentiate between checked out town and scum, but that post helps. How do you feel about your company on the wagon though?

(It looks like a shit wagon to me.)
The only one I don't like is Quick but I think he's 3p.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Ircher »

Scum don't have s motivation to lie about that either. I disagree with card claiming. I still think it's in our best interests not to do so. All of the abilities are antitown.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 988, Chemist1422 wrote:

They claimed a card with an actual color from last night, and if they didn't want to claim their n0 card color they could have just...said that?
Do you have any other scum reads?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 992, farside22 wrote:
In post 988, Chemist1422 wrote:

Do you have any other scum reads?
I haven't been reading the game close enough for that, so no
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

dont wanna find my iso
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 994, ManateeDude wrote:dont wanna find my iso
732 has my Chateau case
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by boring »

My reason for voting Château is
a) the way in which he placed Quick at L-1 yesterday. He voted very rapidly after I did. This is a bastard game and there's no reason to believe someone wouldn't lol-hammer (which happened). I think town half as reasonable as hes pretending to be would have given a "hey I'm going to L-1, do we have anything left to process?"
b) oppotunisitc vote-hopping.

@2girls - I wanted a case because I want something readble from you. I got that somewhat from your statement that you want interaction from me. That felt genuine, townie, and I actually felt bad when I read it. I rarely seem to be posting the same time as others, and I rarely have a lot of time to hang around. I'm not sure how I'm going to swing it with my current schedule, but if I can hang around while you're posting, I will.

@Chemist - not to nag, but I'm still curious about your gameatate argument.

@ everyone regarding the cards - selfishly, I'd like a mass card claim. Hopefully, there will be others with greens and people can stop being weird about it. Bingle's argument makes sense if the colors are irrelevant during the day and they change at night.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 994, ManateeDude wrote:dont wanna find my iso
I mean... There is lazy and then there is this...

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Quick »

I think the only case worth anything here is the case on drew.

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 988, Chemist1422 wrote:Because...town don't usually have a motivation to lie?
Sure, but what motivation does scum have to lie.

You've successfully pointed out that that isn't town indicative. But Not town indicative =/= Scum indicative.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”