Micro 941 | Brass and Shrapnel | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

:shifty:
In post 876, PenguinPower wrote:Tux > Roses > Hoctac/Kilga if I cared enough to make an order.
when/why did you get that thought?

-D
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:46 am

Post by PenguinPower »

About here:
In post 828, PenguinPower wrote:I'm a little weirded out by the fact that you had that post ready to go 3 minutes into D2 ngl.
and then when Hoctac started spearheading the claim order but didn't care about Kilga's order.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:48 am

Post by PenguinPower »

The fact that they were the last two and split and Kilga's response to that also pinged me.
<(") | (")>
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

oh, i see wrt splitting
tho i was asking more why you put them as last

-D
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh - I didn't really care about the order because I didn't expect it to accomplish much.
<(") | (")>
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Sorry for the lack of activity today, I've had a massive pounding headache for most of it and slept through a bunch of it and am soon to go off and try again.

I am curious about the overnight writeup ping, though. Is that not a thing anyone does at this site? I mean, clearly no one else in this game did it, but it's certainly not unheard of in other places I've played over the years.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

You wall much more than usual and prepared walls are icky. Especially when you cross stuff out.

That’s a minor part of the pings though. Just the initial ping.
<(") | (")>
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 2.2

Not Voting (5): Tuxedo Mask(6), PenguinPower(25), (17), Hoctac(33), Night 3 Roses(23)

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2020-06-11 13:47:47)
GeorgeBailey
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

Hey, sorry, I didn't expect to be so busy today. I'm sorry.

As for Kilga, it's pretty disingenuous to paint me staying with the Enomis lynch as being happy with any lynch. I pretty clearly had scum reads on both CJ and Enomis for similar reasons. I was switching from one scum read wagon to another, as the alternative wagons were both Dkkoba and Hoctac people I thought were town. It makes no sense for me to try at the last second to pivot wagons from my scum read of Enomis to my scum read of CJ, especially if that wagon had people who seemed more likely to go onto my town reads instead of CJ.

If Enomis was some sort of compromise on a null read, I would understand where they were coming from, but it wasn't.

I'll try and post more tomorrow, apologies again for my absence.
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

glorified prodge due to me being a lazy fuck and not yet rereading anything incoming
In post 918, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 916, Night 3 Roses wrote: I doubt there was 0 scum on the lynch D1.
FWIW this is also part of my Scum Tuxedo conclusion,
because I also doubt it was five townies given how it came to be
, and four of the votes are three town flips and myself, so. (I alluded to this at the end of my opening post today but haven't bothered pushing it since I am not confirmed town to anyone else.)
can you clarify "given how it came to be"? is it "i think tux is scum > there's scum on the wagon" or "there's scum on that wagon > tux is scum"?

-D
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Maybe it's Penpow + Tux

:thonking:
not yet sentient
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Or maybe it’s just you and Kilga.
<(") | (")>
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

@PP do you really think scum Kilga spends all day 1 bussing his partner?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Still not 100%, but getting better. Hopefully I will be able to be more active tomorrow afternoon and actually read for interactions and stuff.

@PP: RE: Walls and related discussion - I suppose all I can do is grind my teeth in frustration and hope a playstyle different doesn't lead to catastrophe, then. I can try to keep things shorter, but some times things just need long explanations to maximize clarity. (I did mention early on that I tend to "tend to post little but word lots" in ; I will grant that I most likely have the longest average post length in the game, but at the same time I have a comparatively low post count, which I think leads to a total word volume that is at least comparable to everyone else's.)
In post 927, PenguinPower wrote:The fact that they were the last two and split and Kilga's response to that also pinged me.
To be clear, are you discounting yourself with this statement? You () and I () were the last two; Hoctac () claimed before you.

@Tuxedo Mask: I did not mean to say you were happy with
any
lynch. If that is how what I wrote came across, that's my bad. To be clear, I meant to say that I don't believe you cared which of ceejay or enomis got lynched. Yes, you had suspicions of both of them, but you prioritized ceejay earlier in the day for
some
reason, and the only stated reason you switched to enomis was because of the potential replacement. I feel like Town Tuxedo, upon seeing ceejay reappear and thus eliminate the possibility of a replacement, would have acknowledged ceejay's return in
some
fashion, either by switching the vote back to ceejay or explaining why you now prefer enomis. That you did not do either of these while demonstrably having the time to do so is why I suspect you.

@N3R: By "the way it came to be" I meant how the enomis train went from 0 to 5 in the span of roughly 5 hours near the end of the day. Even as one of the people that voted for enomis, I acknowledge that the train on the whole was ostensibly a mad dash to a lurker with an easy case against them, instead of a lynch that would have been more informative in seeing how people came down on one side or the other, such as ceejay or Hoctac (or even Koba). That is, it was a much easier vote for scum to cast, and as such the wagon needed to be scrutinized for who on it may have been scum. After looking over the not-me people on it and why they were there, I concluded that Tuxedo was the most likely scum with Holden not too far behind.
~ Edible
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I mean - it’s not close to impossible. Hard bussing is how I won my first scum game onsite and several after that my first year or two on site.

It’s especially helpful if you shift from hard bussing to a new flash wagon at eod.

Although I would have to look back to see if it was actually hard bussing and not just shade throwing towards Hoctac.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I’m not reading that btw.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Ok. I read a little.

I was wrong on order but mot the split fact.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Or the fact that I didn’t like your reaction to me calling out the split fact was not confirming to hoctac.
<(") | (")>
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Posting from bed to remind myself to take a different approach in tomorrow's rereads. Rather than looking at pairings, I need to go back and look at who has been demonstrably wrong in their main suspicions, and determine who had better reasons for thinking the way they did versus who had worse reasons for thinking the way they did. This might just be paranoid bedtime thought racing but I'm starting to get cold mental feet on Tuxedo the more I dwell on this situation.
~ Edible
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Hoctac »

How's that catchup of the game coming along, Datisi? You guys got a nice solve for us yet?
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 929, PenguinPower wrote:Oh - I didn't really care about the order because I didn't expect it to accomplish much.
Why not? You can confirm scum in pools with the right claim order, and getting them to claim early.
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:31 am

Post by Hoctac »

What about you, Tux? You haven't expressed who you think it might be today.
not yet sentient
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

In post 944, Hoctac wrote:How's that catchup of the game coming along, Datisi? You guys got a nice solve for us yet?
me? having a solve? good one
the catchup is currently on life support waiting to be declared dead
this Nobody Playing is not exactly making me Inspired
have you reread yet?
In post 938, Kilgamayan wrote:@N3R: By "the way it came to be" I meant how the enomis train went from 0 to 5 in the span of roughly 5 hours near the end of the day. Even as one of the people that voted for enomis, I acknowledge that the train on the whole was ostensibly a mad dash to a lurker with an easy case against them, instead of a lynch that would have been more informative in seeing how people came down on one side or the other, such as ceejay or Hoctac (or even Koba). That is, it was a much easier vote for scum to cast, and as such the wagon needed to be scrutinized for who on it may have been scum. After looking over the not-me people on it and why they were there, I concluded that Tuxedo was the most likely scum with Holden not too far behind.
of the 9p games that i've played, i've couple of times seen a day1 mislynch with an all-town wagon, and both times it was a deadline/scramble lynch (note i'm obviously not saying every scramble mislynch is an all-town wagon). that's why i asked, did you get to the read of tuxedo "first" or the read of the wagon "first" because in my experince those kinda wagons have a ~higher chance of being all-town and reading (fypov) tux because of the wagon feels odd
In post 943, Kilgamayan wrote:Posting from bed to remind myself to take a different approach in tomorrow's rereads. Rather than looking at pairings, I need to go back and look at who has been demonstrably wrong in their main suspicions, and determine who had better reasons for thinking the way they did versus who had worse reasons for thinking the way they did. This might just be paranoid bedtime thought racing
but I'm starting to get cold mental feet on Tuxedo the more I dwell on this situation
can you elaborate on this?

-D
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 947, Night 3 Roses wrote:me? having a solve? good one
the catchup is currently on life support waiting to be declared dead
this Nobody Playing is not exactly making me Inspired
have you reread yet?
Sounds like it needs some inspiration. What if I quoted some Jangle mechsolve posts from the previous one to help?

And HA no. I'm "V/LA" so no time for a reread unfortunately.
not yet sentient
Night 3 Roses
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Night 3 Roses
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Night 3 Roses »

you mean the ones where he locktowned scum and i got set up as the lylo mislynch? yeah sure i would love to read that again

also should i be worried V/LA is in quotation marks?

-D
Iconeum & Datisi hydra!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”