Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

I'm off to bed, can we not lynch before I've had time to pull my big dumb head from my big dumb ass. Thanks.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

claiming vt when I claimed you visited someone is a counterclaim, in fact.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2099, Blair wrote:
In post 2093, Dunnstral wrote:And let's not forget that freddie claimed vt. So no, you'd never be able to claim jailkeeper.
If you honestly believe scum can't play their way out of that... :lol:

You're essentially claiming a guilty on me. Every fiber of my being wants to counterclaim as scum. I grew up on EpicMafia. :roll:
...uh... are you saying that you must be town because if you were scum you would have counter claimed TPR and that even though your predecessor claimed VT you would have somehow managed to claim TPR and get Dunnstral lynched anyway, so therefore you are clearly town?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Blair's argument is stinky

None of what she is saying holds up under scrutiny.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Blair »

This entire phase hinges on whether or not people believe your claim. Full stop. No matter what I claim.

Claiming a power role would allow me to out the other power role. I'm not one of those "I only win if I survive to endgame" types, I'm a team player. That would be the winning move here.

I have to be a team player. This account has never survived to endgame. Won't this time either, because I'll be cleared and therefore dead when you flip scum. :|
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Blair »

No, Nauci, I'm town because Dunnstral tracked a VT.

I'm just pointing out, in addition to that, there is no scenario in which scum!Blair doesn't try to take another PR down with me here.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Nauci »

There's a ton of time before deadline and I am in a fuck ton of pain today because my health sucks so I'm going to bed early and coming back tomorrow

Hopefully Tuxedo both figures out what's going on and can explain to us what he thought was going on by then -_-
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

Scum pair is Dunnstral and Battle Mage, they came into MYLO with an agenda they are pushing hard. Do not lynch Blair. If isn't Battle Mage it's Alortom.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Blair »

Notice something really important, by the way:

In Dunnstral's claim, he leaves the door open for me to possibly be the Jailkeeper - even though he is now arguing that there is a 0% chance that anyone would ever believe that (wouldn't that implicitly include him?)

He was hedging his bets just in case I really was.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2108, Blair wrote:He was hedging his bets just in case I really was.
If you claimed jailkeeper and nobody counter claimed, I would unvote you, yes. Why does that make me scum?

I don't think it's very likely at all for that to have happened, no - that's why I voted you
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2107, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Scum pair is Dunnstral and Battle Mage, they came into MYLO with an agenda they are pushing hard. Do not lynch Blair. If isn't Battle Mage it's Alortom.
Take a moment to think this through. Look at blair's arguments.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2107, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Scum pair is Dunnstral and Battle Mage, they came into MYLO with an agenda they are pushing hard. Do not lynch Blair. If isn't Battle Mage it's Alortom.
If you believe scum came into MYLO with an agenda for this exact scenario... wouldn't it make sense for Nauci to be a potential partner, too?

It's like the whole thing was scripted. Dunn comes in crying about how we're about to lynch him when only Nauci was suggesting that. Almost like the plan was for her to hard bus him out the gate so he could claim "under pressure." They either win by mislynching me today or Nauci wins by virtue of their hard distancing in the next phase.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Blair »

^ This is an important post. Please read it.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 2110, Dunnstral wrote:
Take a moment to think this through. Look at blair's arguments.
Yeah that's why I need to sleep and think. I feel the only thing my last few posts about you and Blair scum has mad clear is that I'm dumb. I plan to clear those other two things up tomorrow.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

@Blair, I'm of the opinion the mass clam was the plan, and Nauci derailed it. The fake claim is an attempt to redirect things to that plan, but I am not close minded to Nauci scum. I'd just rather it wasn't.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Blair »

Fair, that might be the cleaner play.

I would think they would want to out power roles and hard distance for LyLo. Depends on the players involved, though.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

I also think the NK is to set me up. BBMolla wanted Me and Dunnstral killed. So why did BM come hard targeting just me and ignoring Durnn? Because the play was for mass claim, I claim VT and Drunn fake claims and they power lynch me for the win.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

I SPELLED HIS NAME THREE DIFFERENT WAYS!

I gotta sleep. Sorry, goodnight.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

What do you mean? Bbmolla flipped town
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Blair »

I could see the case for Dunn/BM I guess. It is conspicuous how he suddenly moved me way up to #2 on his mass claim list. Dunn was around as well, and scum have daychat, so they may have been strategizing.

The fact that Dunn outright states he was gunning for me to claim before him and BM had already moved me up the list is interesting.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Blair »

Dunn, you mentioned your breadcrumbs.

Feel free to share those anytime.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

If we're not massclaiming, I don't think it's helpful for me to share any further opinions today, and we can simply proceed to No Lynch. I think I have a good idea who the scumpair is.

Seriously though, wasting the opportunity to put scum on the backfoot and try and get some conf-towns ahead of LyLo (when we will presumably just get contested claims and may be unable to use any of the PR info, or our PR may just be dead) is incredibly lame. I'm disappointed in up to 60% of you. :facepalm:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Blair »

We don't want scum to know who the conf towns are before LyLo, they'll use that information to craft LyLo to their advantage.

Why put all that information in the thread before we're ready to use it?

At this point we should probably
not
No Lynch, however, because we now know we have caught scum between Dunnstral and myself. Our odds of getting it right are higher when there are more living townies.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Blair »

(Obviously, if you are a PR and you have information that clarifies the 1v1 between Dunnstral and myself, you should present it)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Reminder that Blair scum has to try to lynch me today - no lynch isn't good for her

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”