Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2224, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Are you claiming that you tracked Blair to Alortrom last night so they must be the roleblocker?
YES
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

And the reason I know she's the roleblocker specifically is because:
-Alortrom didn't die, and somebody else died
-I was roleblocked night 1
-Somebody else was protected night 1

All of that means I know that the setup is Row 2, A
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 2225, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2224, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Are you claiming that you tracked Blair to Alortrom last night so they must be the roleblocker?
YES
Lets end this battle.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Oof. Jailkeeper has to decide between roleblocking Blair or her unknown partner tonight.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2221, Blair wrote:
In post 2219, Battle Mage wrote:oh and by the way Blair - once we've massclaimed, I'm still probably no-lynching today. Just FYI.
This is the part where you lose me.

What is the purpose of the mass claim today if we aren't acting on the information until tomorrow? The only players who can act on the information today if we no lynch are scum, who can use it to select night actions leading into LyLo.
what happens tonight will also give us info - then we will be in actual LyLo with as much info as possible and can hopefully have a thorough forensic analysis of who is scum. As I've noted many times, the more time spent discussing today, the lower return we get from that. Ideally we want scum to have no more information than the claims on which to base their NK, so we can make some simple deductions from it (of course with a judicious element of WIFOM). Too much chat about who we suspect muddies the water immensely, and diminishes the returns, but again it narrows the field which is likely to be helpful.

Is there a world in which No-Lynch is not the right play after a mass-claim? Yes, but we'll have to see. I'm keeping my cards close to my chest, and I do wish others would do the same.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Dunnstral is at -1. Tux seriously dude. Why don't you listen to me? :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

also not hammering, so I guess that maybe proves that if Dunnstral is town, I'm also town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Blair »

It all makes sense now.

Stick a fork in this game, folks - it's done!
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Actually Blair is a roleblocker so there will be no jailkeeper games. And her partner is known - it's one of Nauci/Tuxedo Mask

Aloratom... you're not helping by trying to hide your role anymore man
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2228, Dunnstral wrote:Oof. Jailkeeper has to decide between roleblocking Blair or her unknown partner tonight.
In post 2233, Dunnstral wrote:Actually Blair is a roleblocker so there will be no jailkeeper games. And her partner is known - it's one of Nauci/Tuxedo Mask

Aloratom... you're not helping by trying to hide your role anymore man
You forgot for a second there, didn't you? :lol:
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Blair »

(Hint: There is no Roleblocker)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2215, Blair wrote:
Blair wrote:
In post 2208, Nauci wrote:Or instances where you fumbled the setup analysis because I just can't see you doing that as town
The very Newbie you referenced earlier:
In post 1260, Blair wrote:How embarrassing, it appears I have fatally misunderstood the setup.

Thst still leaves the question "What is the point of this line of questioning?"
Feel free to ignore the part of that game where Quick subbed in, announced I was obv town, then hammered me for being too sassy.
:lol:

What I've learned is that Quick is slightly more anti town as town than as scum
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 2184, Blair wrote:
In post 2077, Dunnstral wrote:My slot targeted Formerfish night 1 - Received no result
Important note: Dunnstral is claiming he was jailed N1.

Formerfish was probably his kill target. He carried out the kill, so he knows either himself or his target were jailed. He only has a 50% chance of getting this aspect of his claim confirmed by the Jailkeeper, however, because if Formerfish was jailed a Tracker would have still received a result on him.
If a Tracker is somehow blocked from their action (by Roleblocker, Jailkeeper, Rolestopper, Ascetic, or Commuter), they should receive a "No Result" pm, rather than a "did not see anything" pm.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Blair »

I know.

But if the Tracker's TARGET is jailed, they do not receive "No Result."

This is explicitly outlined in the "Normal" variant of Jailkeeper on the wiki.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Nauci »

I don't understand why BM isn't voting caught scum
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Blair »

Pretty sure it's because he doesn't want to bus in MYLO.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2226, Dunnstral wrote:-I was roleblocked night 1
-Somebody else was protected night 1
How would town!Dunnstral know that he wasn't the one who was protected Night 1? :nerd:
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 2201, Nauci wrote:@Tuxedo: Dunnstral claimed that he received No Result on Night 1. This means that he was either jailed or roleblocked.

He then claims that he saw Blair visit Aloratom, who was not the night kill. This means Blair must either he the jailer or the Mafia Roleblocker.

Except he's speculating that Aloratom is the jailer, and that he jailed Blair on Night 1, so she could not have blocked him, and neither could Aloratom. This scenario is impossible if he saw Blair visit Aloratom last night OR if he received No Result on Night 1, so why would he be speculating about that at all if his claim was real?
Try this without using pronouns.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Aloratom »

Just three votes are needed for No Lynch.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Aloratom »

I still oppose a mass claim. I have yet to see from anyone the logic behind doing so.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2201, Nauci wrote:Except he's speculating that Aloratom is the jailer, and that he jailed Blair on Night 1, so she could not have blocked him, and neither could Aloratom. This scenario is impossible if he saw Blair visit Aloratom last night OR if he received No Result on Night 1, so why would he be speculating about that at all if his claim was real?
I will point out that he could also be speculating that he was roleblocked and the Jailkeeper jailed the nightkill target, a circumstance you appear to have factored out for some reason.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2244, Aloratom wrote:I still oppose a mass claim. I have yet to see from anyone the logic behind doing so.
The logic:

1. Everyone knows 100% there is scum between Blair/Dunnstral

2. This means town has a 50% shot at nailing scum by lynching between those two players. Waiting until tomorrow does not improve those odds.

3. Lynching between those two players today means that the non-Blair/Dunn players (i.e. the players deciding the lynch, since Dunn and I are voting each other) are 75% town. If we wait until tomorrow, the players deciding the lynch are only 67% town.

4. The more townies we have deciding this lynch, the better.

5. We have no mislynches left, so we need to make this count.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Blair »

Because it is optimal to lynch today, we should put all info on the table.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2213, Blair wrote:
In post 2208, Nauci wrote:Or instances where you fumbled the setup analysis because I just can't see you doing that as town
The very Newbie you referenced earlier:
In post 1260, Blair wrote:How embarrassing, it appears I have fatally misunderstood the setup.

Thst still leaves the question "What is the point of this line of questioning?"
In post 2220, Blair wrote:
In post 2206, Nauci wrote:
In post 2204, Blair wrote:
In post 2202, Nauci wrote:Would you like to link me to instances where you say that?
Where I say what? That I hate this newbie setup?
Yeah
This is pretty recent as well:
In post 17, Blair wrote:
In post 12, Isis wrote:I'm still a hard sell on "since mafiascum is 80% closed setups and 20% open setups, the right answer is to present newbies with an open setup in the top tenth of open setup complexity to get them ready."
This is why I miss 2of4.

Simple roles, easy to understand, nothing ever happens in 2of4 that makes you scratch your head and click back over to the setup description to figure out what's going on.

(I'm ostensibly not a newbie and I consistently find myself referring back to the setup description in utter confusion, as Skitter can attest to when she scumread me in our last game for misunderstanding the setup :lol: )
In post 2245, Blair wrote:
In post 2201, Nauci wrote:Except he's speculating that Aloratom is the jailer, and that he jailed Blair on Night 1, so she could not have blocked him, and neither could Aloratom. This scenario is impossible if he saw Blair visit Aloratom last night OR if he received No Result on Night 1, so why would he be speculating about that at all if his claim was real?
I will point out that he could also be speculating that he was roleblocked and the Jailkeeper jailed the nightkill target, a circumstance you appear to have factored out for some reason.
?

I'm not the one ruling anything out though? He's the one speculating that you are the Roleblocker but you were jailed N1, which would be impossible from his point of view if his claims were true?

I'm confused
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Blair »

Did he say I was jailed? I missed that. If he did, my apologies.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”