CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

For all of hoopla's wanting to run up a wagon to l1 to get a claim by the midway point, she votes for no people on it. I'ma gonna go through the posts in detail tomorrow when my head is less clear so I can get an accurate read.

Also, excellent vote gobbles.Excellent. If you do a meta analysis of all of my games I correctly call scum 100% of the time.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

for wagons....
after a wank.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 399, gobbledygook wrote:Hoopla for madame President

VOTE: Hoopla
the nerve!
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

by your logic you should self vote at this point so we can get information. Hell, your arguments would indicate that mass claiming would be a good idea.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

hmmmm... I should stop tving hoopla for a bit. Get some more juicy scum reads.
after a wank.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 403, CooLDoG wrote:by your logic you should self vote at this point so we can get information. Hell, your arguments would indicate that mass claiming would be a good idea.
i have 0% chance of flipping scum, and have good value to town's on later days. that is, to town's that put faith in me.

one to two claims for day 1 is optimal.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 403, CooLDoG wrote:by your logic you should self vote at this point so we can get information. Hell, your arguments would indicate that mass claiming would be a good idea.
I actually think that mass claims are usually positive for town on day 1 since scum are locked into a claim and usually it makes PoE so much easier.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 402, Hoopla wrote:
In post 399, gobbledygook wrote:Hoopla for madame President

VOTE: Hoopla
the nerve!
Haha, I was just messing with you.

What’s your read on Agar?

VOTE: Flippy
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 407, gobbledygook wrote: Haha, I was just messing with you.

What’s your read on Agar?

VOTE: Flippy
classic turkey behaviour!

agar? despite misreading you, he is becoming more and more town by the post. he belongs in the town-pile. i'm thinking we should send him some flowers or chocolates, and hope he joins this hot new wagon that is forming.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

ahhh there's my first of two prods i shallnt be making it three
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:25 pm

whats the haps party people. i'll be reading later im in a smite game rn
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

hoopla -

do you have any evidence to backup whatever this stupid "HAHA" system is? those numbers have no value unless there's something behind it. i didn't see anything after a quick search. not to mention, your model has a lot of assumptions that i don't know who would get behind, without further analysis (which is why I am skeptical of it in the first place, as neat as I think game theory in mafia is) - for example, your model goes into the fact that 39/50 games have "scum" as being under 23%. How is the 23% calculated? Could there potentially be a point where 2 scum are slightly above that threshold and one scum drags them down? Then I don't think 23% is a fair number, no? And if 23% goes up, I'm sure that 39/50 is not solid either. Which means that your underlying "towntelling" theory isn't very valid and doesn't make sense.

i did a little digging too - no one in this game has posted over 23% when taking a sum of the average and the average of all in the thread as of your data set was 30.615. that would mean that your circle conveniently misses the one person that everyone has put up weird looks for in your town block -
renaissance
. what is even
more
convenient is that the number you went with to highlight your data was 23 while renaissance has
posts.

lastly, if we get rid of the two outliers in this thread (i think this helps the dataset become more uniform but i understand the underlying problem here) - your average goes from that 30.615 above to 32.991 which gets rid of every player but Gypyx, gooble & CooLDoG

i don't think this really makes a lot of sense and i'm starting to just feel weird about the clearly soft defenses of renaissance here that don't consider anything that renaissance has posted
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:02 pm

In post 207, AGar wrote:
In post 206, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 194, AGar wrote:
In post 190, Gypyx wrote:
In post 163, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 161, Gypyx wrote:
In post 65, Emperor flippyNips wrote:are y'all just the scum team.? ..you can tell me if you are
well then, this post looks really weird to me, might be another one of Flippy's joke posts, but it really stands out in his ISO

It’s not my fault them buddying up on page 2 or 3 looked bad to me

Sorry I think you don't get my point, what i'm saying is that this post really feels like you're a mafia traitor trying to reveal yourself to your team, and i may be overthinking this, but the punctuation is really weird too, like, each dot represting a mafia member and the dot next to a question mark represting the unknown mafia member (traitor therefore) makes a lot of sense to me

(I hope this answers the questions other guys had about that)
Hoo fuckin boi I don’t like this.

Why is that?

Spoiler:

Traitor discussion out of nowhere is a biiiig red flag. Without trying to delve too far into theorycrafting optimal traitor play, there is no town reason to bring this up in an accusation, but there’s plenty of reason to do so if you’re a traitor or if you know one is out there.

i see, so is gyphx sus to you then?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

VOTE: Espe

Since they seem to be trying to dodge the wagon on them.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 406, gobbledygook wrote:
I actually think that mass claims are usually positive for town on day 1 since scum are locked into a claim and usually it makes PoE so much easier.
:facepalm:

Half the reason I made that comment was to bait people like the above. So now I have 4 scum reads. jeez. mass claims on d1 are great for scum. Just absolutely great.
In post 413, LicketyQuickety wrote:VOTE: Espe

Since they seem to be trying to dodge the wagon on them.
lo effort, zero content post.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 411, Hiraki wrote:
Spoiler:
hoopla -

do you have any evidence to backup whatever this stupid "HAHA" system is? those numbers have no value unless there's something behind it. i didn't see anything after a quick search. not to mention, your model has a lot of assumptions that i don't know who would get behind, without further analysis (which is why I am skeptical of it in the first place, as neat as I think game theory in mafia is) - for example, your model goes into the fact that 39/50 games have "scum" as being under 23%. How is the 23% calculated? Could there potentially be a point where 2 scum are slightly above that threshold and one scum drags them down? Then I don't think 23% is a fair number, no? And if 23% goes up, I'm sure that 39/50 is not solid either. Which means that your underlying "towntelling" theory isn't very valid and doesn't make sense.

i did a little digging too - no one in this game has posted over 23% when taking a sum of the average and the average of all in the thread as of your data set was 30.615. that would mean that your circle conveniently misses the one person that everyone has put up weird looks for in your town block -
renaissance
. what is even
more
convenient is that the number you went with to highlight your data was 23 while renaissance has
posts.

lastly, if we get rid of the two outliers in this thread (i think this helps the dataset become more uniform but i understand the underlying problem here) - your average goes from that 30.615 above to 32.991 which gets rid of every player but Gypyx, gooble & CooLDoG

i don't think this really makes a lot of sense and i'm starting to just feel weird about the clearly soft defenses of renaissance here that don't consider anything that renaissance has posted
don't get baited into a technical debate my guy. Look at the actual behavior in the game thread and how obscuring behind a system masks a lack of reasons for reads and votes which contradict the claims being made.

Man, I love being right. I'm typically right...
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

dude, I had a flash of brilliance as to why I now have 4 scum reads. We gobbles is the traitor.
after a wank.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 411, Hiraki wrote:hoopla -

renaissance
. what is even
more
posts.

oh yes, a magical spreadsheet filled with numbers beyond your wildest dreams. perhaps you'd like to know my collection method for this set of data?

1) record the d1 posts of 50 different 3:10 games. all the games selected were 13 player 3:10 games, so i have a stable ratio of scum to town across each game.
2) iso the mod, subtract their posts from total
3) iso the scum (including any replacements)
4) left over amount = town posts, and we can now observe the frequency of posting by both alignments relative to each other

~~

these numbers are a way to visualise the activity of scumteam as a whole, not so much as individuals. so, for this game for example, we have 398 posts made. 23% of the game should be scum, which means scum should have posted ~91 times collectively to be average. according to my data, if the trend i've observed over time has continued here, we'd expect scum's
actual
output by now to be ~74 posts so far. combinatorially, this starts to make scumteams comprising of multiple active players less likely, and we should expect more scumteam combos containing the likes of our prana's, our lickety's, our espeonage's etc.

admittedly, i'd have preferred to reveal this data and other findings later in the day when we've had more posting, but it seems there are some paranoid townsfolk around doubting the veracity of my prestigious H.A.H.A system.

and again, this is one metric of many i base day 1 lynch choice on. i am strongly in favour of utility lynching. lurkers being a good starting place to build wagons.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i realised in my haste, there were a couple of things i skimmed over in Hiraki's post and didn't respond to properly. please forgive me:
In post 411, Hiraki wrote:Could there potentially be a point where 2 scum are slightly above that threshold and one scum drags them down?
yes, that is definitely possible. but like the composition of scum on lynch wagons (we can observe the density of scum on/off lynch wagons, or even positionally), we're more observing frequencies. and simply put, there is a much denser saturation of scum in the lurkier slots of towns across time, and probably in this game too.
In post 411, Hiraki wrote: i don't think this really makes a lot of sense and i'm starting to just feel weird about the clearly soft defenses of renaissance here that don't consider anything that renaissance has posted
why are you hung up on this one town read i've made?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Hoopla doesn't Espeonage better fit the profile of scum you're saying? Less posts and almost at prod range.

VOTE: Espeonage

Plus this gives me the ammo I need to kill Agar
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

yes, espeonage fits the profile well. he scores higher on the metric of "
could be useful later if he gets his act together
" than players like Flippy, who i view as a lost cause.

generally speaking, i give some amount of grace to lurkers with dormant town potential not yet actualised, but in the interest of cohesion...

UNVOTE:
VOTE: espeonage
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:01 pm

so page 10 i like gnar, una, cooldog, uhh uhh thats it. but im only on page 10 things may change
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 pm

In post 253, Espeonage wrote:It's not like I went and checked, I just sort of posted, but CD was always my vote after the post he made.

i need to go look at that post cos i missed it
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:55 pm

In post 294, gobbledygook wrote:Ok, so now that Lickety is posting these are my thoughts.

PranaDevil is town
Gypyx is town
Hiraki is town
CoolDog is town
Hoopla is town

Espeonage is scum
Agar is scum
Notscience is scum

CoolDog read is conditioned on something I don’t want t reveal right now.
hayyyy you forgot about me
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:56 pm

In post 423, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 294, gobbledygook wrote:Ok, so now that Lickety is posting these are my thoughts.

PranaDevil is town
Gypyx is town
Hiraki is town
CoolDog is town
Hoopla is town

Espeonage is scum
Agar is scum
Notscience is scum

CoolDog read is conditioned on something I don’t want t reveal right now.
hayyyy you forgot about me, why are you scum reading NS? and agar?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”