Micro 944: A Normal Blitz III - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yeah so I had a vague understanding 11 years ago and it hasn’t improved till now
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by Ame »

I believe you. That's the only game of yours it was even mentioned in beside this one.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

Do you concur that it’s a real claim from gg here?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Ame »

I think it's probably his role, but I don't think it's necessarily town. It's possible we're dealing with the untrackable variant and it is scum's counter to the tracker this game. If you died and Gobbles didn't, he could claim that he actually hid behind someone else or didn't use his role and only claimed he was going to hide behind you as a gambit because he wanted to see if mafia would kill you. Alternatively, if you didn't die, he could also claim the same thing and use to conclude that you are mafia for not being killed.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

You are better at this than I am. Of course in my mind if any of that shit happened he’d be power lynched the next day but ahhh town seldom does what I want.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 641, Ame wrote:
In post 472, Porkens wrote:WOW I was not expecting this turn in the game. Interesting and puzzling. I don’t understand how hider works exactly but I assume others in the thread do and will jump on any inaccuracies. So what gobbled is saying here is that he’s going to hide behind me and nothing can stop that. If he dies, that means he targeted scum. Right?
AND if he doesn’t die, that means I’m confirmed town BUT if I get nightkilled then we both die?
AND I assume that means he cant be nightkilled while hiding.
SO if all the above is right; we will both die tonight because otherwise im clear tomorrow.

I have further thoughts about this…but I haven’t checked the thread since I started this so I’ll treat it as a separate matter.
Looking at this again, I agree with bugs that this
is
weird. It seems like an overreaction.
I don't see this as an overreaction. Im not sure why you do. Hider when town can hurt a game. Porks is right, now that gg outted his ability and he claims a target if that player is town and scum know ut thats 2 dead town players.

Gg: would you hide behind bug?

If porks is scum he'd be more worried about being checked.
In post 644, Ame wrote:@Inutile what are your reads?
What do you think of the point I made in ?
What do you think of the point I made in ?

@Farside what do you find questionable about Inutile?
What are your thoughts on my bugs town case?
What are your thoughts on ?

@pox7
What are your thoughts on ?
(I'm also still curious about your read on Monkey)
I didn't check the meta but it sound like from what i read he waits longer as scum to talk about his reads?
Ill check it out later today. Im away from my computer temporarily so let me grab some stuff in regards to inutile
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:54 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 33, inutile wrote:
In post 31, Porkens wrote:A real TVs vote is when you pretend to randomly vote for someone to blend in with the herd.
A fake TVs vote is when you pretend to randomly vote for someone strategically to encourage future conditions.

Generally you care more about the second but pretend to care more about the first.

Huah?
i would say that the purpose of blending in with the herd would generally also be to strategically encourage future conditions but i think i'm following. what do you make of the coincidence i pointed out with regards to holdengolden's posting pattern?
In post 37, inutile wrote:
In post 35, humaneatingmonkey wrote:looks like nonsense to me, tbh
i posted and then one minute later holdengolden posted and then neither of us posted for fifteen minutes and then i posted and one minute later holdengolden posted and then neither of us posted for half an hour and then i posted and one minute later holdengolden posted.
In post 36, humaneatingmonkey wrote:are you madoka?
i am a vanilla town.
In post 80, inutile wrote:
In post 76, Exemplar wrote:What I mean is why it would look like you were coordinating? Does scum ever coordinate posts like that? I don't think so.
it could easily be construed to look like we were talking to eachother in the scum pt between posts by holdengolden's potential partner in the case that holdengolden was lynched.
In post 166, inutile wrote:
In post 163, humaneatingmonkey wrote:you've been alluding HG as scum and making a ruckus about it, and now you don't have the intention to vote?
scum is in this wagon if they don't vote because they've been blowing smokes with no intention to commit to their reads.
i currently have a scumread on holdengolden. it is the strongest read i have so far. if that is what you are interpreting as intention to vote, then yes, i have 'intention to vote'. if you are saying that i should do so now and we should immediately lynch holdengolden otherwise i am mafia i have a hard time believing that is a town thought process.
In post 211, inutile wrote:
In post 210, humaneatingmonkey wrote:WHY are you still not voting HG?
because i don't want to put him to L-1 as i don't want him to claim right now and i also don't want him to be lynched right now, which i've already more or less spelled out.
In post 219, inutile wrote:
In post 215, humaneatingmonkey wrote:is he at L-1? is there intent to hammer? are we in a gamestate where a lynch would realistically happen? why are you so soft on your scumread? are you really scumreading him?
he is at L-2. my vote would put him to L-1, at which point it would not be unreasonable for him to claim and it is also possible he would be lynched. i am 'soft' on my scumread to the extent that my putting additional pressure on him in the form of my vote seems more a net negative than a net positive at this point in the game. why is my vote necessary? what purpose does it serve for you?
In post 247, inutile wrote:
In post 245, humaneatingmonkey wrote:UNVOTE:

you say i will orchestrate a hammer, but that involves someone else putting HG at L-1 and you think nothing of that person?
VOTE: holdengolden

they would, most likely, be the person you orchestrated the hammer with. regardless, it is more on you than it is on them. your second strongest scumread, that you plan on pressuring, has expressed potential issues with his own vote. this leave him open to possibly moving here as well. anyway, there you go.
In post 257, inutile wrote:
In post 256, humaneatingmonkey wrote:your assumption that i would automatically be scummy if i hammer HoldenGolden seems to imply HoldenGolden will flip town if I hammer.
UNVOTE:

this is enough for me to back out of this and reevaluate tomorrow. you would be scummy if you hammered someone you agreed not to vote on. that scumminess would of course be lessened greatly if holdengolden flipped town. but why would you, as town, agree to this deal, and then hammer holdengolden anyway?
In post 263, inutile wrote:
In post 261, humaneatingmonkey wrote:so you think HG and I are TvS or TvT only?
no? that was in the case that you hammered him and he flipped scum, which i think was clear from context.
In post 334, inutile wrote:
In post 320, Porkens wrote:I feel like Holden is scumanhis partners derailed his wagon but exemplar replacing out is hella scummy
if i tilt my head at just the right angle it kinda feels like monkey/holden are doing limit/skitter.
In post 350, inutile wrote:
In post 349, farside22 wrote:Can you explain what you mean. Too lazy to read another game.
elaborate potentially risky scum theatre
In post 393, inutile wrote:
In post 389, farside22 wrote:I'd let this go. See what happens. I think if gg is what he claimed it is a benefit for town. I see no reason to lynch him based on how he claimed.
a benefit to the town how? we lose a lynch if he finds scum, we lose a lynch if he dies with a town, or he doesn't give information. maybe i'm misunderstanding.

So a lot of my questionable feel for inutile was from the start how he posted about holden as scum for what reads as busy work reasons. Then he says holden is his scummiest read but doesn't vote him, supposedly because he doesn't want to put him at l-1.
Then after monkey unvotes, he votes holden.
Now i thought maybe uts a reaction test but he says that he sees hem and holden scum together.
Since then he's unvoted, hasn't talked about scum reads on anyone and just sitting by asking questions to look busy in my mind.
Ive been waiting to see if he comes up with some push or scum read. But i have no clue where his reads are at.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.12
humaneatingmonkey (3) -
Ame, gobbledygook, HoldenGolden
bugspray (2) -
farside22, popopopopopopo
Ame (1) -
humaneatingmonkey
Porkens (1) -
bugspray

Not Voting (2) -
inutile, Porkens

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 24 hours.

humaneatingmonkey has requested replacement.
I've reset the deadline to 24 hours and have it paused until a replacement is found.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: humaneatingmonkey
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:05 am

Post by gobbledygook »

?????

What are all these ragequit replacements
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Porkens »

His team is bussing him, so...
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Micc »

Something_Smart replaces humaneatingmonkey.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

UNVOTE:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Porkens »

Welcome SS! You lease feel free to self hammer as scum/traitor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:35 am

I would have already.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:35 am

Not sure why people think a traitor might exist in a 9p?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Porkens »

“People” don’t
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Micc »

The deadline for Day 1 is now unpaused.

Votecount 1.13
Something_Smart (4) -
Ame, gobbledygook, HoldenGolden, Porkens
bugspray (2) -
farside22, popopopopopopo
Porkens (1) -
bugspray

Not Voting (2) -
inutile, Something_Smart

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-06-09 12:40:00).
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:20 am

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: something smart I'm trusting you gob
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:21 am

This has been fun. Did my slot already claim or something?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:21 am

I think Occam's razor says that was just a scum hammer to keep me from turning the wagon around.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:22 am

Like I don't get the town motivation for hammering at that moment in the slightest. Last time I had that feeling was the Kmd hammer in farside's game and MT who hammered it was indeed scum.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 am

Post by bugspray »

Wait fuck was that hammer??

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 am

Post by bugspray »

FUCK

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:25 am

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: unvote

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”