CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

could this be scum overreager
to get a claim out, and
wanting to fake lucidity
of "not knowing he wasn't on L-1". is 2 minutes enough to reread the last three pages, then make that post? this may just be a situation of me being old, but it seems like a very short window of time. whipper snappers please chime in!
after a wank.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 925, CooLDoG wrote:
could this be scum overreager
to get a claim out, and
wanting to fake lucidity
of "not knowing he wasn't on L-1". is 2 minutes enough to reread the last three pages, then make that post? this may just be a situation of me being old, but it seems like a very short window of time. whipper snappers please chime in!
yes, it's called thinking through a situation instead of just blindly jumping to conclusions.

you should try it some time.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I thought you didn't think through situations on d1
after a wank.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 927, CooLDoG wrote:I thought you didn't think through situations on d1
now you're just being facetious.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by notscience »

I will probably be here early in the morning but tomorrow’s the first full day of my restaurant being opened and I’m looking at a 13 hour day
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 915, Klick wrote:I actually had no idea you were voting flippyNips because the last thing you said about his content was in your second post. You've talked plenty about your other two scumreads, but voted flippyNips without a single word about it.
In post 861, Klick wrote:He started posting content specifically in response to being called out for not posting content.
yeah beats me
In post 915, Klick wrote:It's a scummy opinion. You don't accomplish anything as town by being against it. Like, yay, Hoopla's town reads should be null reads and they shouldn't be cooperating...? Now what?
I don't get why everything has to be alignment based but the fact that you're pushing it as a scummy opinion rather than what it actually is - just an opinion - is not good
In post 920, AGar wrote:Re Klick, 915 in what fucking year did being anti-D1-townbloc become scummy? Fuck.
we back homie
In post 927, CooLDoG wrote:I thought you didn't think through situations on d1
hmm
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 915, Klick wrote:It's a scummy opinion. You don't accomplish anything as town by being against it. Like, yay, Hoopla's town reads should be null reads and they shouldn't be cooperating...? Now what?
i'd actually like to hone into why this is a terrible statement overall - a little theory based but it's what i am thinking

for an opinion to be scummy, there has to be
scum
intent. this is something easy to say but hard to "prove". something to note is that the reverse is also true with having a town opinion. with this in mind, i'd like to re-examine what klick is saying here

what on
earth
would put my alignment toward scum for saying that i disagree with hoopla's ways of playing the game? town blocs are absolutely not essential nor are they always trusted, especially by people who are in and not in them (which is how they survive) - so how does the fact that I am saying that the "leader" of a town bloc, who I also think will flip scum, should not be trusted????????????????????????? this is what i meant above by scummy for an opinion, not an alignment based opinion
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:33 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 909, CooLDoG wrote:weak ass attacks on hoopla from una. Basically just trying to attack his way out of her scum read on him and then backing off of the attack.
Isn't this flawed from your perspective?
You just said Hoopla is scum, and even voted there.
Yet here you already slip from that narrative, since to you this scenario would be two scumbuddies acting, not me trying to "attack his way out of her scum read on him"..? :igmeou:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 911, CooLDoG wrote:I mean, the chances of that being a fake claim are zero. Who the hell would think to fake claim that? Ridiculous.
I do not know how long you have been inactive, but that is not even the wildest claim I've seen and some of them turn out to be fake. :]
People use their imaginations and the Normal guidelines permit a lot nowadays.
Furthermore, speculating roles existance could be dangerous for town in these situations because you might end up giving the scum fakeclaim ideas.. :]
And even more, don't be disappointed if none of those roles you specified end up being in the game.
That's just how unpredictable Normal games are now.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 921, CooLDoG wrote:una's posting is lazy.
I'm honestly annoyed by this.
Either you do not even try reading me, or your interpretation of lazy is way different from mine.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

Anyone else think we were closing in on scum earlier, considering there are now FOUR wagons on pretty much equal footing?
Again.
Flippynips-wagon fell apart due to the claim, obviously, but what about Gobbledy?
No claims, AND NOT MANY POSTS TO MAKE PEOPLE RECONSIDER, yet somehow it wasn't pushed through.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 935, UnaBombaH wrote:Anyone else think we were closing in on scum earlier, considering there are now FOUR wagons on pretty much equal footing?
Again.
too many players lurking. it's sapping my vigor and zeal. yes! even me - your local heroine - is feeling the effects & fading fortunes of this pathetic town.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

here is the updated vote count:
In post 916, brassherald wrote:

Vote Count Day 1.16

gobbledygook (3):
, ,
Hoopla (3):
, ,
UnaBombaH (3):
, , Klick
Gypyx (2):

Not Voting (2):

Battle Mage is VLA until Sunday
There are (expired on 2020-06-17 06:05:00) remaining in Day 1
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.[/area]
[/color]
from my eyes, it looks like it's come down to gobbledygook, me and una. gypyx has never really been a serious candidate, and although he's a polarising character, there are too many players that have him as newbtown to get a majority there.

notscience, Battle Mage, bob3141 and Gypyx are the current game stallers.

make something happen.

move your vote.

compromise.

we have four days.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Recap of the current wagons :

Goobledygook : built itself progresively, only to be suddenly stopped upon reaching L-1 without any good reason

FlippyNips : quick wagon, got cut off by Flippy's claim

Gypyx : (ofc i'm kinda biased on this one) wagon that kinda "lurked" as a possibility, started to pick up the pace in response to Gooble reaching L-1

Hoopla : i'm not feeling good about this wagon, but that's probably because i'm TR'ing hoopla

Una : weird wagon considering the peoples on it, and the fact that it's kinda stalling : scum / lynchbait for later?

I still think thar gooble is scum, and considering that nothing new comes from him VOTE: gooble
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Well, here you go hoop
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 938, Gypyx wrote:Una : weird wagon considering the peoples on it, and the fact that it's kinda stalling : scum / lynchbait for later?
you think that wagon's weird? check out the brains trust powering mine!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Yeah agreed, your wagon is pretty terrible

bottom text
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Hoopla »

eh, hiraki goes okay, i guess. though i am starting to find his lack of curiosity about my alignment suspicious. seems like he picked a position on me early and is just sticking with it.

of course, cooldog is doing the same thing re: me. but black & white thinking appears to be the status quo for cooldog, so lack of curiosity doesn't seem as much of a tell for him.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:07 am

Post by notscience »

I hate all 3 wagons

VOTE: una

The people on this wagon fall more in line with my townreads than the other two
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 942, Hoopla wrote:eh, hiraki goes okay, i guess. though i am starting to find his lack of curiosity about my alignment suspicious. seems like he picked a position on me early and is just sticking with it.

of course, cooldog is doing the same thing re: me. but black & white thinking appears to be the status quo for cooldog, so lack of curiosity doesn't seem as much of a tell for him.
i have tried, i just don't see it. in the middle there, i thought you were getting better but in hindsight i think it was just the less game-y text
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:22 am

Post by Hiraki »

i also still have not seen anything convincing on the gooble case
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:17 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 933, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 911, CooLDoG wrote:I mean, the chances of that being a fake claim are zero. Who the hell would think to fake claim that? Ridiculous.
I do not know how long you have been inactive, but that is not even the wildest claim I've seen and some of them turn out to be fake. :]
People use their imaginations and the Normal guidelines permit a lot nowadays.
Furthermore, speculating roles existance could be dangerous for town in these situations because you might end up giving the scum fakeclaim ideas.. :]
And even more, don't be disappointed if none of those roles you specified end up being in the game.
That's just how unpredictable Normal games are now.
yeah. But if you fake claim that you are actually stupid. We can confirm it. The only way you can get away with the ruit vendor is to make your scum bud say they got the fruit. Very risky plays. Very fucking risky as scum.
In post 934, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 921, CooLDoG wrote:una's posting is lazy.
I'm honestly annoyed by this.
Either you do not even try reading me, or your interpretation of lazy is way different from mine.
very lazy posting here. I mean, you throw out reads and bullshit. Anyone can do that. I can see scum with your short and lazy playstyle. Trying to fly under the radar.

still got 3 days to go till lynch... I'ma be a hold out.
after a wank.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:33 am

Post by gobbledygook »

The Una wagon looks to me to be built by all town. In Una wagon I trust

I have asthma and was having an allergic attack apparently
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Klick »

In post 877, Hiraki wrote:
In post 861, Klick wrote:Battle Mage: Espe was towny. I reeeally liked 99. Battle Mage himself is... fine? Looking forward to developing this more.
????????????????????????? this is upper echelon so a town read??????????

also why is that everyone who is "lynchbait" is at the top of your list? scum =/= lynchbait?
I'm at least leaning town on Espeslot and wouldn't want to lynch there today, yeah. 99 was that good. Admittedly I don't have much else to base that read on. But it's better than everyone below.

Gypyx and gobble aren't town because they're lynchbait, though admittedly I imagine there's some correlation between being VI-like and being read as obvtown. Besides, I have 5 townreads and the ones that I listed as 'lynchbait' are numbers 1 and 3. I've admitted that numbers 4 and 5 aren't that strong.

Also, to quote your signature phrase: why does this matter???
In post 861, Klick wrote:The traitor stuff is legit, and he's trying to scumhunt and getting frustrated that it's not working.
disregarding the first part, why can't scum also be frustrated with "scumhunting" that isn't working? because he's new?
This is based in the fact that scum have to fake scumhunting, while town are legitimately trying to solve the game. Scum have no reason to get frustrated that they're getting ignored - getting ignored is generally good for scum. They don't need to be listened to, they just need to not be lynched. And if they're frustrated that they aren't being listened to, they're probably more frustrated with their scum play than their town play, and thus the game thread isn't their go-to place to vent that frustration.

Town are trying to find scum and hear from other town. If they're getting ignored, they're not accomplishing their goal. That's frustrating.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:58 am

Post by notscience »

In post 902, notscience wrote:Klick talk to me bc we have polar opposite reads this game and i wanna figure out why
In post 903, notscience wrote:I like most of your townreads but I dont think BM has been townier than most

I like what Hiraki has been saying. I feel like hes actually been trying to divine alignments.

I like unas tone as I said before.

Obv your read on me is wrong

And nippyflips I just get major Tippy vibes and its really weird he is your strongest scumread.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”