Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Bingle »

You should have gotten one at the start of the night phase. It lasts until the end of the day phase.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ooh ok then it’s blue
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1765, Porkens wrote:All parts of my claim add up save the no-visit report from bingle.
My understanding was the consensus on Quick/SB had them 3p that could win with the town.
Drew’s claim meanwhile felt like a gambit to me at worst, and dangerous at best.
this just simply doesn't make sense
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by hellbooks »

things that don't add up:

bingle inconsistency
the choice of vig kill
boring being anti-town and fakeclaiming coconut townie for literally no reason
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vig kill is debatable
I’m not accountable for Boring
I suspect the reason was fear of claiming werewolf. Coconut townie is on the same page and really close (next to?)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1779, hellbooks wrote:boring being anti-town and fakeclaiming coconut townie for literally no reason
I'd be willing to lynch Porkens off of this, but he's still not my first choice.

I don't really think that the vig is super questionable. Bad? Sure. But scummy? Eh.

If momentum is there instead of Looker I'll switch, but I'm vaguely hoping that someone else's flip will cast more light on Porkens and make him resolvable.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 4.4Looker (4) - Battle Mage, TrueSoulEnergy, Bingle, Porkens [E-3]
Porkens (3) - Titus, hellbooks, farside22

Not voting: Morning Tweet, Starbuck, Looker, Iconeum, Chateau Lobby, ManateeDude

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 4 will end in (expired on 2020-06-23 02:40:00) or when an elimination is reached.

Iconeum is V/LA until June 29th.

Iconeum is V/LA until June 29th.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Battle Mage has been prodded.
time will end
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Chateau Lobby »

VOTE: Looker
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Chateau Lobby »

The Porkens wagons feels more towny filled but the Looker wagon has more votes.

Quantity over quality right now I guess.
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Chateau Lobby »

In post 1768, ManateeDude wrote:this game is so lost on me can someone debrief me
Did you forget about me? I thought I was your only desire.
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Chateau Lobby »

In post 1779, hellbooks wrote:things that don't add up:
From what I gather so far, I think that's the entire point of these Grand Idea games.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1781, Bingle wrote:I don't really think that the vig is super questionable. Bad? Sure. But scummy? Eh.
not a bad point
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1787, Chateau Lobby wrote:From what I gather so far, I think that's the entire point of these Grand Idea games.
haha fair enough
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1742, Bingle wrote:I'm also inclined to believe hb for the moment, although if she holsters tonight I'll probably want to lynch her for it tomorrow.
pardon for being cagey with my ability but the thing is i can pretty much only get one innocent result at maximum and even then it's muddied by potential nightkills
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1780, Porkens wrote:I suspect the reason was fear of claiming werewolf. Coconut townie is on the same page and really close (next to?)
if this were the case then boring wouldn't have claimed at all. much like many other people did. the fake claim had the contextual and specific purpose of misleading the claimed town investigative
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

You'll just have to ask boring in post - I can't speak to that
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:31 am

Post by farside22 »

mod v/la for 2 days maybe 3
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:32 am

Post by Looker »

In post 1625, Porkens wrote:Double post: bingle is confirmed not-mafia because borning checked him night 2 with a one shot cop ability.
Still scrubbing through to find claimed night actions.
In post 1649, Morning Tweet wrote:
Porkens wrote:Morning picked 293 and got Town Green Glass Door.
Picked Alien ReroLLsympathiser: no aliens exist in the game: rerolled
Landed on Werewolf Jack-of-All-Trades
The Town Green Glass Door made us a Town Werewolf JoaT.

1 shot doc unused
1 shot RB unused
1 shot cop used night 2 on Bungles
1 shot vig used night 3 on Drew.

also, in case it got lost in the shuffle (lol) I did NOT get a card last night AND "[my] special actions can only be used once more" from morning message.
[you mean boring picked 293 and got town green glass door, i assume]
[Why did hellbooks see you as an alien sympathizer then, and why did Bingle not motion detect you?]

[Interesting that she did call that you were an alien sympathizer at some point -- but why did she see you as one now?]
[She couldn't have faked seeing it because there was no way of knowing that you were once one, as far as i can tell. Say if she were a scum rolecop, she couldn't have learned about the alien sympathizer bit, i wouldn't think]

[funny that boring claimed to have a green card, this would be an extremely convoluted fakeclaim wouldnt it? I'd believe it if two different players didnt have guilties on you -- i dont quite get those parts yet.]
Sorry, but I'm still trying to make sense of this setup. I'll be quoting things to make it easier for me to reread.
In post 1665, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1659, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:How are people so blind sighted?
Titus was once the top wagon but Titus single handily eliminated the Town alignment players against them.
(With the help of Farside)
[Titus
must
be a pheromone seeder. Her lovers work exactly the same as the pheromone seeder mechanic, lasting only a day and sharing a PT, then closing.]

[With this in mind, there is only one pheromone seeder: on page 37. Titus claims to have picked page 314, her birthday, and gotten "Townie", which gave her the pheromone seeder role to use.]

[The only possibilities with regards to Titus' role that i will consider involve her being a Pheromone seeder, almost certainly as a reroll. The fact that the page of Grand Idea which is her birthday contains a reroller role suggests to me that this is the most likely way she got pheromone seeder.]
Incorporating the concept of rerolled and convoluted roles means simply scumhunting and VCA isn't going to cut it. I'm assuming i have to bounce claimed roles against the GIM thread and guess which page they picked? What has been the strategy here for finding scum?
In post 1740, Morning Tweet wrote:
Spoiler: claims
Morning - Town 1-shotizer
Iconeum - Friendly Neighbour (Cleared by Ircher)
Battle Mage - Post restriction (Cleared by TSE)
Titus - Town Pheremone Seeder (Townie + Pheromone Seeder Reroll role)
farside22 - Town Effort Saver - Role changed N3

TrueSoulEnergy - Knowledgeable Townie (Claims BM is clear)
hellbooks - Anti-Weak Rolecop (Has investigated Starbucks)
Bingle - Self Motion Detector (Claims never been visited)

Porkens - Town Werewolf JoAT (idfk)

Pigman - Unclaimed
ManateeDude - Unclaimed
Chateau Lobby - Unclaimed

Starbucks/Quick/dsjster - Hellbooks claims “3p Bomber”
So, so far Ico is cleared because Ircher is dead and flipped town. And BM can only be scum if TSE is scum?
In post 1771, Morning Tweet wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:this game is so lost on me can someone debrief me
[i was bored and i made a more detailed breakdown of the claiming situation, if you're interested:]

Spoiler: Claims
Iconeum used a 1-shot friendly neighbour on Ircher and it was confirmed by him. By this logic Iconeum should be town.

Battle Mage posts with 5 or more post restrictions from the Grand Idea thread. I cannot find a role that gets multiple Grand Idea post restrictions. Additionally, BM cannot tell us what his role is, but he has asked us to find it. TSE claims that his role confirms BM as town.

Titus rolled Townie (role up to mod discretion), at the top of the Grand Idea page with her birthday. The role she claims to have gotten is Pheromone Seeder, a role that lets her make two people fall in love for the next day/night cycle, giving them a PT. This works differently than say, a Mafia Cupid would, and it has been confirmed by multiple players throughout the course of the game to work as she has claimed.

Titus has loverized
N1 - Farside & (Ircher?)
N2 - Ircher & Starbuck (Quick)
N3 - Iconeum & Starbuck

Farside claims the Town Effort Saver, a role that prevents any roles that end the game when they win from winning before D2. But these roles are given Deathproof until D2 to compensate. This supposedly caused Quick’s D1 lynch to fail, although it doesn’t exactly make sense because Quick’s role, 3p bomber, doesn’t end the game when it wins, exactly.

Farside has claimed D3 to have been changed into a VT.

TrueSoulEnergy has claimed the Knowledgeable Townie, a town member that knows the identity of one townie. He claims that Battle Mage is town aligned. He has been annoyed with Titus/farside for pushing BM earlier, ignoring this claim

Hellbooks has claimed the Antiweak Rolecop, a rolecop that dies if they investigate a town member. So far, she has investigated:

N1 - none
N2 - Starbuck “3p Bomber”
N3 - none

Bingle has claimed the Self Motion Detector, a role that learns when someone visits it basically. He has claimed to have never been visited N1/N2/N3, which conflicts with Pork’s account of copping Bingle N2.

Porkens (strap-in for this one) has claimed the Town Green Glass Door turned Alien ReroLLsympathizer turned Werewolf Jack-of-all-Trades, ultimately becoming the Town Werewolf Jack-of-all-Trades. He claims these actions:

N1 - none
N2 - Cop Bingle (not mafia)
N3 - Vig Drew (killed)

Looker, aka Pigman, has not claimed yet.

Chateau Lobby has not claimed yet.

ManateeDude has claimed to be incapable of claiming his role.

Starbucks is almost certainly a antitown role, but they have claimed Vanilla Townie. Hellbooks investigated them to be a “3p Bomber”, which functions as so:

“Each night, you may place a fuse on a player, they will not be informed. If anyone with a fuse attached to them is killed, the bomb will start. The town has three days following the lighting of the bomb to lynch the bomber, or the bomb will blow up, killing everyone except the bomber”
Spoiler: What I derive from them
Iconeum is confirmed town.

Battle Mage is confirmed town so long as TSE is, and I believe he's pretty likely town although I cannot find his role.

Titus is virtually confirmed a Pheromone Seeder unless I can find a similar functioning role. She must be an Alien Pheromone Seeder or a role that has the role rerolled independently from alignment. Seeing as there is a townie role that does this on her birthday page, I think this is the most likely scenario.

Farside’s claim doesn’t exactly work in the context of Quick's role, but it would be a pretty shot in the dark fakeclaim, plus if the win condition for the Bomber were to be written more clearly it could make sense. I like her 422 as being genuine as well, suggesting that it is indeed her role.

TrueSoulEnergy is probably town, I’ve heard that he’s more emotional/passionate as town (?) and he seeeeems like it here. About the claim though, claiming to have an innocent very early on would be a bit risky to do as scum, although perhaps he figured out BM was town through the post restriction and saw his chance.

Hellbooks has rolecopping ability, almost surely. The antiweak part remains to be seen as Hellbooks hasn’t investigated anyone other than Starbucks.

Bingle’s role is not really verified yet. He claims he has no reason to lie about how Porken has seemingly not visited him ever.

ManateeDude is a mystery to all. I might search for his role sometime.

Porkens role is hard to approach. There was an interesting part where boring claims to have gotten a green card, which may have been crumbing at glass door, which is very interesting. However, boring/Porkens didn’t use their role on N1 (?), and Bingle did not see Porkens investigate him. Odd all around.

Looker, aka Pigman, has been a fairly inactive slot. I suspect we’re going to force out a claim sometime in the near future. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this slot is scum or town.

Chateau Lobby has felt like scum at times, I don’t like his contribution to the Ircher wagon, and he hasn’t claimed yet. On the height of his D1 wagon, ManateeDude, boring, farside22, Doctor Drew, and Hoctac were voting for him, two of which are flipped town.

Starbucks I’m pretty sure is antitown even if they aren't a 3p bomber. Just makes the most sense that way.
Still building data; sorry for the clutter

• I apologize for being so far behind, but this place is nuts.
  • How many confirmed town are in {Morning Tweet | TrueSoulEnergy | Farside22 | Bingle |
    Iconeum
    | ManateeDude}? VCA would lead me to believe that, if boring/Porkens is scum, their partner is in there.
  • With current wagon dynamics, I'm willing to claim if both hellbooks and Starbuck request it
  • I don't know why Chateau Lobby would feel the need to push a "quantity over quality" dichotomy when we still have 5 days.
VOTE: Porkens Two mislynches wanted you dead.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:44 am

Post by TemporalLich »

TrueSoulEnergy has been prodded.
time will end
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Bingle »

The only true conftown is Ico. BM is ~95% conftown, and never dies before TSE. Titus is >rand town via occams razor, but it's not impossible she's a Mafia Pheremone Seeder. If I needed to put a % there, I'd say 75% conftown.

We don't actually have conftowning mechanical information on anyone else.

I'd argue I'm pretty damn town based on my outing of the fact I'm not conftown through Porkens, but that's a subjective play thing.

The opposite is what I'm trying to do. We know that specific scum roles exist, so I want to lynch in the pool that includes those specific roles, since those players have the same chance as the players outside to have an unrelated scum role, but a higher chance to be scum because they can be the specific scum roles we KNOW exist.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

[why would mafia give Pork a blue card? isnt that the one that gives us a bonus lynch?]

[i definitely agree with Bingles last paragraph about known scum roles.]

[Is there any problem with having Looker claim now rather than later?]

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Starbuck has been prodded.
time will end
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MorningTweet you're a total star
as smart as Annie, you will go far
side is definitely maybe scum
you found the roles I chose to crumb
and which is mine? well only one
I've covered my tracks, though it's not much fun
so scum don't know my power role
keeping it hidden is my main goal
however maybe those roles give some clue
that my alignment is town - oui oui, it's true.
thanks for quelling the darkness with light
ManateeDude was naughty last night.
Another quick thankyou to TSE
your vouching has made my life more easy
And sorry Looker, I love ya like crazy
But your predecessor was scum and ever so lazy
Don't forget to relax, there's plenty of time
I'll be waiting for you at the finish line.

Gotta Go Fast!

ROGNTUDJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
In post 1748, Morning Tweet wrote:[looker is a fair bet for now]
In post 1677, Battle Mage wrote:I'm post-restricted so I can't well defend
And the truth's so obfuscated I may yet meet my end
Please find my role and help to objectively clear my slot
being unable to do much, that might be all I've got
[i tried but i seem to be only able to find your individual post restrictions. i've noticed at least 5 different ones, but i have not located a role that gets multiple restrictions from the grand idea thread.]

[Town Léon Prunelle (1565) - ROGNTUDJUUUU when voting]
[Annie Missionary (1492) - mention Annie in a positive light]
[Town Sanic Cop (2478) - Gotta go fast!]
[Poetic Townie (3131) - Poem speak]
[French Vanilla Townie (1490) - Use one or more French words]
In post 1681, Morning Tweet wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2478, The MM wrote:
Town Sanic Cop

Abilities
Passive - Post Restriction
Gotta go fast, and gotta say it!:
You must post "Gotta go fast!" at least once per day.

Night ActionEach night, you may investigate someone and get returned their alignment. This occurs before all other night actions.
In post 1492, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Annie Missionary

Town aligned.

Post Restriction: Every post must mention Annie in a positive light at least once.
Parental Instincts: You will be informed of every innocent child role and they will be informed of you and your alignment.

[for whatever reason, BM shows multiple post restrictions. here's a couple, although theres still the rhyming one and the ROGNITJUUU]
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”