Newbie 2011 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 297, midwaybear wrote:generalwu isn't really contributing, but I think the same as him so he is probably town.
as of right now, scum is votato and apogee for me(maybe freddie).
Why do you say I'm not really contributing?
Didn't I like just post a big long readlist and an ISO?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by midwaybear »

am i supposed to convince you that you are scum :lol:
yeah, you might be town though. Having doubts on sleeper even though I defended him, so I might go votato-sleeper for my solve. But we probably shouldn't be speculating teams yet :D
GG and GWu I am decently confident in being town. I never scumread lurkers so yeah.
pedit: oops maybe
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 260, SleeperSoul wrote:My biggest scum reads right now are you votato and midway, but right now I'm more focused on figuring out who I should be sheeping.
In post 261, SleeperSoul wrote:Clarify: my scum reads are votato and midway.

or can a mod edit 260 and delete this one?
There's a reason why you can't edit or delete posts in a mafia game lol.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by midwaybear »

lol
the sheeping thing is so weird. A tinfoil hat theory is that he is more motivated to post like this since I already said I townread posts like that.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 302, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 260, SleeperSoul wrote:My biggest scum reads right now are you votato and midway, but right now I'm more focused on figuring out who I should be sheeping.
In post 261, SleeperSoul wrote:Clarify: my scum reads are votato and midway.

or can a mod edit 260 and delete this one?
There's a reason why you can't edit or delete posts in a mafia game lol.
If someone (especially people who are scum), starts tampering with old posts, the game would be very hard to play. Everyone could just edit out scummy things from his posts and it'd be hard to figure out who's really scum.
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Apogee »

In post 301, midwaybear wrote:am i supposed to convince you that you are scum :lol:
yeah, you might be town though. Having doubts on sleeper even though I defended him, so I might go votato-sleeper for my solve. But we probably shouldn't be speculating teams yet :D
GG and GWu I am decently confident in being town. I never scumread lurkers so yeah.
pedit: oops maybe
Nah I just want insights into the mind of a midwaybear
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by midwaybear »

i don't really know why I SR you apogee. I noticed that you are playing different from 2003, but then I realized you were playing mostly the same? I'm not really sure. I think you are probably town herem yet not as strong as GWU.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by midwaybear »

yeah, you're town
Gwu, GG, ApoG are my strongest townreads now.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 250, votato wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 232, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 85, votato wrote:mmm, i think we should refrain from speculating too much about people's exact roles, as it only serves scum interests. all we need to do is speculate about who is scum. and putting someone at L-1 is generally not a good idea that early on, but at the same time, it draws a lot of attention to you if you are scum. either way, its a bad play imo, so i dont really know how to sort it without more info.
This post is pretty towny.
In post 102, votato wrote:AGar is generally pretty aggressive. If its AI, i'd say its town indicative.
Trying to solve the game.
Also have you played with AGar before?
In post 115, votato wrote:i realize that BM always plays like this, but is it a good excuse for doing so? if deadline approaches, i would like to suggest BM for PL
Why would you suggest BM for PL? I didn't see any post where you explained this (although I might've missed something here).
In post 147, votato wrote:
In post 135, SleeperSoul wrote:There has to be scum between AGar and BM. I'm leaning towards BM being scum.

With that out of the way, we should be focusing on players that haven't been pushing the game forwards so much or making themselves readable.
why does there have to be scum there? is there no chance that its TvT?
This post also makes votato pretty towny, since it's asking a question.
In post 181, votato wrote:VOTE: sleeper

also willingish to go for GWu
This post seems pretty opportunistic.
In post 197, votato wrote:hmm im leaning towards the scum PT being more likely, but we will see. if you are scum, your partner is probably (in decreasing order) {gobbles, apogee, GWu, sleepersoul}. gobbles would be the most likely
Why did you say this? And where is your explanation?

Overall, I think votato has made some efforts to solve the game, but not explaining things and being opportunistic makes him a bit scummy.
I'd say he's at a townlean for now.
yes, ive played with agar before. actually ive played with a significant portion of the lobby before. ive also played with BM before. BM is always scummy and not someone id want around in lylo, so a good candidate for a policy lynch. also, asking questions is not AI. my explanation for my read on freddie is a meta read. i know freddie pretty well, and know what shes normally like. i also have been all her other mafia games, so know what shes like in mafia. like i explained later, the most likely scumpartners are experienced players who have at least some scum equity. but freddie is probably town. i just want that on the record so if freddie is in lylo its there as a reference.
In post 251, votato wrote:one more time for clarity: the people i picked as potential scumpartners for freddie are the people who i feel could be possible coaches in scum PT. i dont particularly scumread freddie. i just wanted to share a shower thought to give the town some info/context. and its a thought that in certain contexts could indicate that freddie is scum. alternatively, if freddie does flip scum it narrows the potential partner list significantly.
I feel like when people try to scrutinize every little aspect of someone's playstyles, they tend to mess up.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

oops quoting fail

Ignore the posts I quoted in #308
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by midwaybear »

howrusogood
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by midwaybear »

i am agreeing with everything GeneralWu is saying. WOw
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 250, votato wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 232, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 85, votato wrote:mmm, i think we should refrain from speculating too much about people's exact roles, as it only serves scum interests. all we need to do is speculate about who is scum. and putting someone at L-1 is generally not a good idea that early on, but at the same time, it draws a lot of attention to you if you are scum. either way, its a bad play imo, so i dont really know how to sort it without more info.
This post is pretty towny.
In post 102, votato wrote:AGar is generally pretty aggressive. If its AI, i'd say its town indicative.
Trying to solve the game.
Also have you played with AGar before?
In post 115, votato wrote:i realize that BM always plays like this, but is it a good excuse for doing so? if deadline approaches, i would like to suggest BM for PL
Why would you suggest BM for PL? I didn't see any post where you explained this (although I might've missed something here).
In post 147, votato wrote:
In post 135, SleeperSoul wrote:There has to be scum between AGar and BM. I'm leaning towards BM being scum.

With that out of the way, we should be focusing on players that haven't been pushing the game forwards so much or making themselves readable.
why does there have to be scum there? is there no chance that its TvT?
This post also makes votato pretty towny, since it's asking a question.

This post seems pretty opportunistic.
In post 197, votato wrote:hmm im leaning towards the scum PT being more likely, but we will see. if you are scum, your partner is probably (in decreasing order) {gobbles, apogee, GWu, sleepersoul}. gobbles would be the most likely
Why did you say this? And where is your explanation?

Overall, I think votato has made some efforts to solve the game, but not explaining things and being opportunistic makes him a bit scummy.
I'd say he's at a townlean for now.
yes, ive played with agar before. actually ive played with a significant portion of the lobby before. ive also played with BM before. BM is always scummy and not someone id want around in lylo, so a good candidate for a policy lynch. also, asking questions is not AI. my explanation for my read on freddie is a meta read. i know freddie pretty well, and know what shes normally like. i also have been all her other mafia games, so know what shes like in mafia. like i explained later, the most likely scumpartners are experienced players who have at least some scum equity. but freddie is probably town. i just want that on the record so if freddie is in lylo its there as a reference.
In post 251, votato wrote:one more time for clarity: the people i picked as potential scumpartners for freddie are the people who i feel could be possible coaches in scum PT. i dont particularly scumread freddie. i just wanted to share a shower thought to give the town some info/context. and its a thought that in certain contexts could indicate that freddie is scum. alternatively, if freddie does flip scum it narrows the potential partner list significantly.
I feel like votato is taking the joke post regarding the PT a little too seriously.
What votato did kind of threw some unnecessary shade onto Freddie.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 311, midwaybear wrote:i am agreeing with everything GeneralWu is saying. WOw
That's because I said that we have to agree with each other in the mafia chat. :D

Also @midwaybear can you check the mafia PT? I just sent you a message there.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by midwaybear »

that's sorta what I was thinking because votato's speculation of who freddie is scum with was completely unnecessary as he admitted he didn't scumread freddie in the first place and that it was just "useful info". I'm not sure if it's throwing shade, but it's not really helpful IMO.
Yes, the PT was a joke.
pedit: :P
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Votato has actually been a bit opportunistic this game.

When people bring up things against Sleeper, he immediately goes and votes Sleeper despite not giving an explanation.

When you brought up the PT joke, he immediately starts speculating on who might be Freddie's partner.

Not gonna lie, this is scummy.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by midwaybear »

yeah, but votato's early game was mostly fine(a couple of questionable overreactions)
like this post seems town-motivated
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 316, midwaybear wrote:yeah, but votato's early game was mostly fine(a couple of questionable overreactions)
like this post seems town-motivated
That is also true.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by votato »

In post 279, SleeperSoul wrote:I feel like I've already defended against BM by hard claiming noob. Not sure if he read that part yet, but that's my defense and I'm sticking to it. I agree that I have been inconsistent and delusional. I thought I would be way better at this before joining. I assumed you guys would read me inno because that tended to happen to me in Avalon.
earlier you said you were intentionally acting scummy. now youre saying you thought we'd townread you...
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by midwaybear »

do I put sleeper soul at L-1 here? I'm really conflicted, and I would feel especially bad if he was town because he's new.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Honestly, sometimes the first-timers say things that don't quite make sense and turn out to be town. These are the kinds of people who would make a good cop check or something, because they're harder to read.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by votato »

In post 315, GeneralWu wrote:Votato has actually been a bit opportunistic this game.

When people bring up things against Sleeper, he immediately goes and votes Sleeper despite not giving an explanation.

When you brought up the PT joke, he immediately starts speculating on who might be Freddie's partner.

Not gonna lie, this is scummy.
have you read the thread at all? im pretty sure i stated some reasons for sleeper. and obviously midways PT thing was a joke, but in the post he responded to, thats actually what i was getting at.

midway, you keep saying im scum but have yet to give any reasons why you think im scum. also, dont you always scumread me? ive yet to be scum a single time youve called me scum. go away.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by votato »

In post 319, midwaybear wrote:do I put sleeper soul at L-1 here? I'm really conflicted, and I would feel especially bad if he was town because he's new.
do you think sleeper is scum? if so, you vote for the slot. if not, you dont. if you do vote for the slot, please explain why you think sleeper is scum
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Overall, I'm sort of getting the feeling now that Sleeper is just trying his best to solve the game, even though some of his reasoning might not make sense.
In post 257, SleeperSoul wrote:After deleting my initial cold hard gut read on BM from my mind, I looked at his iso and I actually liked his pressure on votato. It would be helpful if BM was active right now for me to get a better read, but right now it's leaning town.

I don't mean to be rude, but at what point do we seriously consider GG as a policy lynch for inactivity?

I kind of want to switch my vote to them, but I guess I'll just UNVOTE: Battle Mage for now.
I don't think policy lynches should happen in a 9p because there aren't that many players.
But honestly, GG said he was sick a few days ago...
And the majority of his posts are activity posts like "I will look at this later". But he doesn't actually keep his promises.
If he keeps saying he's sick for like weeks on end then that should raise some red flags.
In post 279, SleeperSoul wrote:I feel like I've already defended against BM by hard claiming noob. Not sure if he read that part yet, but that's my defense and I'm sticking to it. I agree that I have been inconsistent and delusional. I thought I would be way better at this before joining. I assumed you guys would read me inno because that tended to happen to me in Avalon.
In post 282, SleeperSoul wrote:I think BM could be tunneling me like I did to him. Would be nice to know who his other votes might be.

I don't think it's that useful to push me because I'm just going to keep using the noob defense. There has already been a lot of criticism levied at me this game, and I agree most of it. I think it would benefit town more to put pressure elsewhere. If you still want to lynch me at the end of the day for playing badly, that's fair.
I feel like SleeperSoul is being pretty honest here when he says he's new.
Unless he is actually a pro on another website but he comes here and pretends to be new.
However, I've never seen a pro pretend to be new and do it as genuinely as Sleeper is doing right now.

I do think that newbcarding (or using "I'm new" to defend) isn't a very good defense.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 179, AGar wrote:
In post 176, Freddiethelady wrote:BM and Agar in your posts id like to ask you both what are the chances that sleeper is making rookie mistakes in your opinion? his continuous references to his gut-feelsies is bad town behavior, and equally bad as a scum behavior. from what i gather, i assume that a newbie scum would probably be far more hesitant to take a stance on issues since he has to fake his town role, where as a town newbie might appear flaky because of his eagerness to participate. my read on him leans town right now. i think he is an easy target right now because he is active in the game...it feels a bit scummy to shade him for that Agar and BM imo.
I don't think gut is indicative of alignment in either direction - plenty of the best players I know start their reads off with gut and then progress from there. Sometimes it's just a perception of how you're posting or interacting that can't be defined that gives someone a tell on alignment. I lean mildly scummy on Sleeper based on what I said in , namely his seemingly trying to keep a lot of avenues open, but it's not anything that I'm looking to pursue with a wagon at this point. I'm much more happy trying to garner steam on a GWu wagon at the moment, unless Sleeper moves themselves more firmly into a scumread. It looks like you're townreading Sleeper by this post - why are you pushing on midway's townread of him, then?

GWu's posted some surface level content and interaction but doesn't appear to be making any :real: effort to divine the alignments of other players. The defense of BM in still reads too informed to me. uses the word "cautious" a lot when describing Sleeper but that post comes in basically reiterating what BM and I had already posited about Sleeper - it's not a new stance, and it's even - to borrow the descriptor - cautious in and of itself. It hems and haws on the possibility that Sleeper's being cautious but maybe he's just new. Or maybe he doesn't have reads yet. GWu seems very content right now to appear to be scumhunting but not actually contributing to anything.

@midway, gobble
Some scumreads/leans please? Posts that pinged you?

@Apogee
How do you feel about Sleeper at this point? There's been a good bit of posts since #121. Has the read evolved at all?

I skimmed everything before these posts, and no you have not provided reasons for voting Sleeper.
I also skimmed your posts after this one, and I also haven't found any reasons.
Did I miss something, or are the reasons nonexistent in the first place?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”