Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 220, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 219, osuka wrote:
In post 217, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 211, osuka wrote:let me emphasize this just so there's literally no question on anyone's mind
And let me emphasize something:
In post 211, osuka wrote:theres really not that much content from other players, but i'm taking notes here and i just don't have a lot to go off of in terms of a good scumread.
So you think you have done more than me or are you just OMGUSing me pure and straight up?
no
Then shut it. I've already helped work out the claim more than you, I've pushed stuff more than you, I've Scum hunted more than you, I've gamesolved more than you. You have no more reasons to hide behind your OMGUS.
Are you actually this dense or are you just acting? You literally cropped out the part of the post that actually replies to your question, dimwit

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 224, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 194, Truth wrote:Well, does anyone have any strong feelings of mafia from any other players? I would be fine with lynching but it doesn't seem like anyone has any leads.
In post 200, Truth wrote:I am reading. I don't remember everything. I am suspicious of Osuka as well so I can help here.

VOTE: Osuka
What made you start suspecting osuka
He’s just really dense and he doesn’t like how I talk, I take it

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Truth didn't have any leads in but then 6 posts later he's suddenly suspicious of you?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 226, osuka wrote:
In post 194, Truth wrote:Well, does anyone have any strong feelings of mafia from any other players? I would be fine with lynching but it doesn't seem like anyone has any leads.
In post 200, Truth wrote:I am reading. I don't remember everything. I am suspicious of Osuka as well so I can help here.

You realize you holding this position makes you look really bad if Truth flips Scum, right? Like, you have a bad case of a double standard here. On the one hand, you say Truth is stupid, but for some reason you feel content to otherwise leave the slot alone in terms of actually giving a Town/Scum read on that slot. On the other hand, you want to PL me because... why, exactly? Because I pushed you for your non-committal, complaining that doesn't help solve the game at ALL? No one can see your notes, bro. Why do you expect us to just believe you are Town here. But far be it from anyone else to push you. Oh no, can't have that, can we?

So your stance on Truth is Scummy since you haven't actually said anything about that slot in terms of Scum/Town except to say they are incompetent - meanwhile, me, who is trying their hardest to sort the claim while providing other takes on the game as well you want to PL for having one stance you disagree with, namely, a push on you for doing nothing but complaining? Yeah, inconsistent isn't the half of it.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 228, LicketyQuickety wrote:

You realize you holding this position makes you look really bad if Truth flips Scum, right? Like, you have a bad case of a double standard here. On the one hand, you say Truth is stupid, but for some reason you feel content to otherwise leave the slot alone in terms of actually giving a Town/Scum read on that slot. On the other hand, you want to PL me because... why, exactly? Because I pushed you for your non-committal, complaining that doesn't help solve the game at ALL? No one can see your notes, bro. Why do you expect us to just believe you are Town here. But far be it from anyone else to push you. Oh no, can't have that, can we?

So your stance on Truth is Scummy since you haven't actually said anything about that slot in terms of Scum/Town except to say they are incompetent - meanwhile, me, who is trying their hardest to sort the claim while providing other takes on the game as well you want to PL for having one stance you disagree with, namely, a push on you for doing nothing but complaining? Yeah, inconsistent isn't the half of it.
you didn't push me but you clearly claimed to have done so, and then backpedalled 2 posts later. that's
really
weird.

i never said truth isn't scummy and in fact i would very much consider a lynch on that slot, but i'd much rather push you right now (that's what I'm doing) and i can do that regardless of what i think about truth.

nice misrep though

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:38 pm

In post 229, osuka wrote:
In post 228, LicketyQuickety wrote:

you didn't push me but you clearly claimed to have done so, and then backpedalled 2 posts later. that's
really
weird.

i never said truth isn't scummy and in fact i would very much consider a lynch on that slot, but i'd much rather push you right now (that's what I'm doing) and i can do that regardless of what i think about truth.

nice misrep though
I haven't backpedaled shit, bro. Where do you think I backpedaled? I never did that.

Oh, and you should probably now give your definition of what you think a contradiction is.

Why would you rather push me than Truth? You haven't ever pushed Truth. So why exactly are you choosing to push me over Truth right now? Do you think I am an easier read than Truth? Is that why you prefer pushing me over Truth? Or maybe you don't like the thought I have actually given for Truth and think maybe if you push me it will distract me from looking at Truth.

There's no practical reason why you would rather push me over truth. Plus, you went from wanting to PL me and thinking it's better I am out of the game to now just making it out to be a push? Excuse me, you said I was contradicting myself? How about you look in the mirror?

ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 208, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 204, osuka wrote:
LicketyQuickety wrote:

How could you possibly have missed that? It's on the same page you said people were too focussed on your claim that I pointed out Osuka is too focussed on your claim. How exactly DID you miss that?
he actually can be forgiven for missing your "push" because honestly I'm staggered that you dared call it a push in the first place
I didn't call it a push.
Osuka thinks this post by you was a backpedal because you said you were pushing him earlier in
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by ofrhz »

osuka, why is that backpedal more likely to come from scum than town?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 231, ofrhz wrote:
LicketyQuickety wrote:

How could you possibly have missed that? It's on the same page you said people were too focussed on your claim that I pointed out Osuka is too focussed on your claim. How exactly DID you miss that?
he actually can be forgiven for missing your "push" because honestly I'm staggered that you dared call it a push in the first place
I didn't call it a push.
Osuka thinks this post by you was a backpedal because you said you were pushing him earlier in
In post 232, ofrhz wrote:osuka, why is that backpedal more likely to come from scum than town?
sorry altslip
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:46 pm

LicketyQuickety wrote:

I didn't call it a push.
Well, then Osuka needs to learn how to read.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 pm

LicketyQuickety wrote:

What would you call it besides a push? I did say it was a push, but the fact that you focus on my wording instead of my actions tells a whole lot more about you then me. It was pretty clear that I put pressure on you. call it a push, call it pressure, call it Scum hunting, doesn't really matter what you call it. It's pretty clear you keep majoring on the minors. First it was my word choice, now it's something about how you personally categorize stuff, meanwhile, you HAVEN'T actually put any pressure, pushed, Scum hunted really anyone in this game at all except me based on a technicality that is beyond weak. For lack of a better term, it's a bad push.

For the contradiction of pushing me and not Truth.

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 147, mavsfan41 wrote:So I haven’t fully finished the read but wanted to comment about LicketyQuickety going after the miller/mason claim. In 84, you mention the two possibilities for going after Truth’s claim. I would argue it’s #1 and he’s new vs #2. Post 52 should tell you that. Truth saying he has his mason buddies coming forward to verify his claim, that would look horrible coming from scum. If scum!Truth is fake claiming miller/mason then his buddies would be scum. To 1) be scum and suggest his partners will verify his claim is one helluva gambit if ANYONE of them were to be lynched, you could easily link them together 2) to not know how that would sound saying he has buddies coming forward with players being skeptical of his claim and not being aware of the optics of this. This tells me that he hasn’t even considered how scummy it would be to say “hey guys. I have a private chat and will show guilty to a cop’s investigation, but don’t worry cause I’ve got people in that private chat to verify I’m town.” That sounds scummy af and Truth seems to just not have even considered the optics. Basically his 52 reads to me like someone being like I’m confirmed town cause my buddies will back me up without even considering scum could make the same exact claim with scum buddies backing that fake claim up. As of right now, I hafta accept his claim here (at least for now).
This is a good assessment
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 151, Truth wrote:Mafia will know I am confirmed town because I am either telling the truth or lying and am mafia. So they would want to kill a confirmed town in the night.
:facepalm:
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 232, ofrhz wrote:osuka, why is that backpedal more likely to come from scum than town?
he tried to make a point in a very obviously ingenuine fashion. why do you feel like you have to show someone "look at all these slots i pushed" if youre town when the number is clearly at least inflated?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 234, LicketyQuickety wrote:
LicketyQuickety wrote:

I didn't call it a push.
Well, then Osuka needs to learn how to read.
assuming you _do_ know how to read, i highly suggest you start doing so:
In post 210, osuka wrote:
LicketyQuickety wrote:
LicketyQuickety wrote:

I didn't call it a push.
are you having a stroke?
In post 198, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 197, Truth wrote:
In post 195, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I've pushed like 3-4 people besides you. Given I was the first person to question your claim, I would sorta hope that you would have picked up on that.
Who are these 3-4?
GL, Lucky, Osuka. Are you even reading or what?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by osuka »

I don't know what fucking planet you're living on, but if 210 doesn't very directly contradict 195+198 then I don't know what the fuck to tell you

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 157, Candy Shop wrote:
In post 127, popopopopopopo wrote:i meant to quote the whole post there.
So in case of a lynch without any info, we're more likely to hit town than mafia. Accordingly, we have to get more info on scum from the lynch than the value of losing a player.

I'm sure that we're marginally more likely to hit mafia with this method on the first day than a completely random RNG lynch but that is not the test IMO.

The real test is whether the net information gained from the reactions of people from being pressured outweighs the high chance of a potential loss of a townie. When I say net information I also mean to include negative utility information for town such as the fact that the mafia knows of the existence of a masonry when it did not need to.

This logic works better the more investigative roles there are in the game though because the more there are the more it makes sense to wait for a night.

I haven't seen anything yet to lose a townie in a 13 player game so far.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
VOTE: Candy Shop
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 164, Truth wrote:I am okay with not lynching today. Going to even numbers alive on a day is bad, but if a doctor protects me we would actually be back on odd numbers. And not lynching on the first day is better than later on because of the proportion of mafia and town.

VOTE: no lynch
Y'all are going to turn me into osuka at this rate
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by osuka »

osuka wrote:I don't know what fucking planet you're living on, but if 210 doesn't very directly contradict 195+198 then I don't know what the fuck to tell you
ebwop I meant 208 not 210

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 242, Nauci wrote:
In post 164, Truth wrote:I am okay with not lynching today. Going to even numbers alive on a day is bad, but if a doctor protects me we would actually be back on odd numbers. And not lynching on the first day is better than later on because of the proportion of mafia and town.

VOTE: no lynch
Y'all are going to turn me into osuka at this rate
now you see how i feel? welcome to my world

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 170, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But i don’t think scum would say things like this so light TR on those slots... maybe.
I think it's incredibly plausible that scum would try to sidetrack town on a bizarre and potentially heated mechanics discussion, especially if there's already a quagmire of it from the miller mason claim. Easier to keep IIOA going than to genuinely push, no?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 235, LicketyQuickety wrote:
LicketyQuickety wrote:

What would you call it besides a push? I did say it was a push, but the fact that you focus on my wording instead of my actions tells a whole lot more about you then me. It was pretty clear that I put pressure on you. call it a push, call it pressure, call it Scum hunting, doesn't really matter what you call it. It's pretty clear you keep majoring on the minors. First it was my word choice, now it's something about how you personally categorize stuff, meanwhile, you HAVEN'T actually put any pressure, pushed, Scum hunted really anyone in this game at all except me based on a technicality that is beyond weak. For lack of a better term, it's a bad push.

For the contradiction of pushing me and not Truth.
and there it is, the classic scum meltdown into omgus

there's a lot to unpack here. in order: you didn't even cast shade on me. You literally just said "this post is kinda scummy and over the top" and proceeded to do ~literally fucking nothing~ about it, other than using it as leverage to defend yourself vs truth's own pseudo-push.

"the minors" are where people who are at least halfway competent slip in this game. the way you say things often reveals much more than the things you're actually saying (or omitting). Even if completely ignoring the fact that I actually did exactly what you suggested in 191 (i.e., pushed someone else - just happened to be you), i find it very difficult to believe that the sequence in 195-198-201-202 topped off by 208 comes from town

you got overly defensive way too quick and tried to spin the situation as if i was the offending party, when in fact you very directly contradicted yourself after making a very noncommittal poke at me to use it elsewhere in the game, then flipping right back to whatever version of it was most convenient for you at the time

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by osuka »

to be clear: there is no way on the planet you're both town and playing wc here. I refuse to believe anyone with a join date earlier than fucking yesterday plays the game, as town, to win, like you are playing right now

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 185, Truth wrote:Since we will likely go to even numbers at some point this game due to a doctor saving me or my buddies, why not no lynch on the first day?
Do the number of posts trying to explain to you that it would make no sense for either scum to target you or for a doctor to save you not have any impact on your views whatsoever?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 189, osuka wrote:no multiball
IIRC there's no multi-ball in Mini Normals

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”