farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 198, Kmd4390 wrote:Yall are gonna have to explain why that's a scum post from Hoopla. Looked like she was just posting her thoughts.
Just looks like filler. I don't see much that hasn't been said by others so it's just a surface level post. Also Hoopla looks to be budding Llama from that post.
In post 199, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 197, Morning Tweet wrote:Is there something that seems insincere about it?
There were like 6 posts on it. Seems very try-hard for a mediocre joke.

We were still in RVS, but I can't imagine being THAT committed to that bit.
I just thought MT was joking. I never took the any of it seriously. I don't even see MT caring on with that thought process as serious.
In post 207, Porkens wrote:
In post 203, Hoopla wrote:
In post 197, Morning Tweet wrote:don't know how to respond to this sort of criticism. Is there something that seems insincere about it? Sure i couuuld be playing a gimmick so i don't have to pretend to scumhunt or so i can "avoid scrutiny", but also i could just as easily try to fake a bunch of reads and put on my towniest face if i were scum

is there a specific reason you think that's what's happening here?

pedit: your intutition is off then !
one of the lamentable things about intuition is converting those subconscious rumblings into words. here's an attempt:

opening games tend to fragment into themes - jokers/questionnairers/wagoners etc. alliance crafting/cuteness riffing seemed like the dominant theme on page 1. i expect that scum upon observing the main narrative, tend to play along with it, as its the safest entry into the game. the continued adherence to the established running joke being an exercise in avoidance. a shield, if you will.
I like it too.

Now pounce! Who’s going along to get along?
I'm going to be the hard disagreeing person in this room. I just felt that it was NAI. Till I see something more that gives me insite into Hoolpa I'm not moving just yet.
In post 210, Hoopla wrote:
In post 207, Porkens wrote:like it too.

Now pounce! Who’s going along to get along?
on a reread, i think auro found a comfortable niche in baiting llamarble into theory-based back-and-forths. during the whole sequence, llamarble was posting reads and appearing to improve his interpretation of the game, while auro was pontificating aimlessly.

another shameful display of avoidance. 25 posts in his ISO and i'm still none-the-wiser as to where he stands on anyone.
So why not push him if your feeling this way? Or push those you don't have reads on?
In post 221, Green Crayons wrote:who started the cuteness thing?
MT
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 221, Green Crayons wrote:who started the cuteness thing?
let me give u a run down
Spoiler: game of thrones of cuteness
ABR asks Morning for an alliance
Hoopla calls herself extremely cute
Morning accepts the alliance, but has 1 issue: Hoopla is cute and ABR is voting for her
ABR asks Morning what the team name should be
Morning says it should be something cute preferably, and we should invite Hoopla and Puppy
Puppy accepts the alliance and negotiations begin between Morning-ABR and Morning-Puppy
Morning states she still extends an open invitation to all cute playerss
Farside posts a cute picture
Morning is now independently allied with Albert, Puppy, and Farside with the invitation declined by Hoopla so far
Wait-- shouldn't this be interpreted as me starting it?
In post 203, Hoopla wrote:one of the lamentable things about intuition is converting those subconscious rumblings into words. here's an attempt:

opening games tend to fragment into themes - jokers/questionnairers/wagoners etc. alliance crafting/cuteness riffing seemed like the dominant theme on page 1. i expect that scum upon observing the main narrative, tend to play along with it, as its the safest entry into the game. the continued adherence to the established running joke being an exercise in avoidance. a shield, if you will.
I didn't observe the cuteness narrative unfold, i pretty much forced it into existence and perpetuated it. Your second point still stands though i can at least see why one would say i was trying to hide behind it. But "playing along with it" doesn't really make sense because this is not only something i do all the time, but i started it this time and was the main contributor to it.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 226, Morning Tweet wrote:ABR asks Morning for an alliance
Hoopla calls herself extremely cute

Morning accepts the alliance, but has 1 issue: Hoopla is cute and ABR is voting for her
ABR asks Morning what the team name should be
Morning says it should be something cute preferably, and we should invite Hoopla and Puppy
Puppy accepts the alliance and negotiations begin between Morning-ABR and Morning-Puppy
Morning states she still extends an open invitation to all cute playerss
Farside posts a cute picture
Morning is now independently allied with Albert, Puppy, and Farside with the invitation declined by Hoopla so far
Wait-- shouldn't this be interpreted as me starting it?
How is it not Hoopla?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i am personally down to vote anyone who doesn't list me as one of their favorite scummers.

getting town vibes from farside the strongest so far. hoopla is a mystery to me. i like hoopla's posts but... that doesn't mean anything alignment related.

MT has pinged me mostly on gut but i cant tell if that's bias against her posting style

@starbuck: what are you hoping to gain asking people a bunch of non game related questions
green shirt thursdays
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

hrmmmmmmm.

I didn't like until i went back and saw hoopla starting the cute thing

BUT IF I instead view it as hoopla just making an idle comment and then MT started the ball rolling on making a cuteness thing, 203 is a lot less good because I thought 203 was referencing to hoopla's own attempt at getting the cuteness thing to be A Thing that MT glomped onto scummy-like
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 229, Green Crayons wrote:hrmmmmmmm.

I didn't like until i went back and saw hoopla starting the cute thing

BUT IF I instead view it as hoopla just making an idle comment and then MT started the ball rolling on making a cuteness thing, 203 is a lot less good because I thought 203 was referencing to hoopla's own attempt at getting the cuteness thing to be A Thing that MT glomped onto scummy-like
I was interpretting Hoopla's comment as a one-off thing, i was the one who asked for ABR to not for vote her so we could establish a cute dominion of sorts

I assumed i was mistaken cause hoopla was calling me out for more or less just going along with the thread but looking back i am pretty sure i was the one perpetuating it. (i apologize if i annoyed anyone with that)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 225, farside22 wrote:I just thought MT was joking. I never took the any of it seriously. I don't even see MT caring on with that thought process as serious.
I never said it was serious... what does that even mean?

you're saying my vote implies I thought MT was serious about the cute alliance?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

hoopla, can you tell me what play from MT you're referring to here?
In post 203, Hoopla wrote:opening games tend to fragment into themes - jokers/questionnairers/wagoners etc. alliance crafting/cuteness riffing seemed like the dominant theme on page 1. i expect that scum upon observing the main narrative, tend to play along with it, as its the safest entry into the game. the continued adherence to the established running joke being an exercise in avoidance. a shield, if you will.
Because idgi.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 225, farside22 wrote:So why not push him if your feeling this way? Or push those you don't have reads on?
piecemeal observations and catty potshots from sidelines is my day 1 modus operandi - at least until i have collected enough data for proper meta-analysis.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 233, Hoopla wrote:
In post 225, farside22 wrote:So why not push him if your feeling this way? Or push those you don't have reads on?
piecemeal observations and catty potshots from sidelines is my day 1 modus operandi - at least until i have collected enough data for proper meta-analysis.
Again this pings me...
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 232, Green Crayons wrote:hoopla, can you tell me what play from MT you're referring to here?
In post 203, Hoopla wrote:opening games tend to fragment into themes - jokers/questionnairers/wagoners etc. alliance crafting/cuteness riffing seemed like the dominant theme on page 1. i expect that scum upon observing the main narrative, tend to play along with it, as its the safest entry into the game. the continued adherence to the established running joke being an exercise in avoidance. a shield, if you will.
Because idgi.
have you ever had an experience where a word just sounds
off
? so you repeat the word out loud, over and over, each iteration sounding more and more absurd, until its lost all its meaning.

i feel like that's what's happening with this whole cuteness introspection.

my attempt to filter an intuitive response through the ugly kaleidoscope of words was an olive-branch. a compromise of sorts, to show my reasoning, when it didn't really come from a place of reasoning in the first place.

the focus on this specific event almost seems like another version of what pinged me about morning tweet to begin with: an easy narrative to look busy participating in.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by AGar »

So this is gonna be one of those games I can't keep up with via tablet because of the spam posting. Great.
In post 89, farside22 wrote:I know jigsaw game we lynched scum day 1 and it went downhill from there, but how does a no lynch help give any info?
Don't like this.
In post 149, Llamarble wrote:The idea is scum feel a need to do something, and being cute is something to do, like a mission. CLAP's version seemed less goal-oriented.
Why is the "being cute is something to do" relevant when your four in the scum section have not had anything to do with the "being cute" thing? (ABR, Myself, Auro, kmd) Closest is KMD being uncomfortable with the "being cute" thing from other players.

Dis reel bad. So is this.

I agree with this.

Re: & - "Call and response"? Is that what we call answering questions now?

MT's empty calories are useless and just shitting up the thread with nonsense. Not thrilled with farside or Crayons either. But MT is the worst right now.

VOTE: Morning Tweet
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

here is another piece of intuition that will shock and dazzle the readers;
In post 202, Morning Tweet wrote:so you don't believe i would actually commit to that sort of bit without some kind of ulterior motive other than just enjoying it?

......well i would ;c
In post 206, Morning Tweet wrote:I get what you're saying though which is why i dont reeeally want to join your wagon
on closer inspection, my gut says this sequence of posts comes from town. i think scum would offer more of a defence and be more careful about resorting to passive wifom, and just... meek acceptance of others' suspicion. looks like plaintive town.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: green crayons
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

you missed the boat on morning tweet, agar.

be a doll and jump on green crayons. i sense a groundswell of support for this wagon. you don't want to miss out - HUGE town points on offer for those who invest early.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Vi »

:right:
Hoopla (L-5)
~
(Albert B. Rampage, CantLynchAPuppy,)
Blair, farside22, Porkens, iamausername
Blair (L-6)
~ CantLynchAPuppy, Morning Tweet,
(Hoopla,)
Albert B. Rampage
Morning Tweet (L-7)
~ VP Baltar,
(Hoopla,)
AGar
Starbuck (L-7)
~ xRECKONERx, Kmd4390
xRECKONERx (L-8)
~
(AGar,)
Starbuck,
(Untrod Tripod)

Untrod Tripod (L-8)
~
(Porkens,)
Green Crayons
Albert B. Rampage (L-8)
~
(VP Baltar,)
Llamarble,
(Kmd4390)

Porkens (L-8)
~ Untrod Tripod
Llamarble (L-8)
~ Auro
Green Crayons (L-8)
~ Hoopla
No Extrajudicial Kill (L-9)
~
(Auro)

iamausername (L-9)
~
(farside22)

Kmd4390 (L-9)
~
(Morning Tweet, Hoopla, farside22)

Not Voting:
(AGar, Albert B. Rampage, Auro, Blair, CantLynchAPuppy, farside22, Green Crayons, Hoopla, iamausername, Kmd4390, Llamarble, Morning Tweet, Porkens, Starbuck, Untrod Tripod, VP Baltar, xRECKONERx)

--With 17 alive, it will take 9 votes to extrajudicially kill a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
(9 days left)
Last edited by Vi on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

every leader needs a first follower right?

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Hoopla »

^that was BIG

agar, you better get on quick. it'll only be diminishing returns later!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 237, Hoopla wrote:here is another piece of intuition that will shock and dazzle the readers;
In post 202, Morning Tweet wrote:so you don't believe i would actually commit to that sort of bit without some kind of ulterior motive other than just enjoying it?

......well i would ;c
In post 206, Morning Tweet wrote:I get what you're saying though which is why i dont reeeally want to join your wagon
on closer inspection, my gut says this sequence of posts comes from town. i think scum would offer more of a defence and be more careful about resorting to passive wifom, and just... meek acceptance of others' suspicion. looks like plaintive town.

UNVOTE:
Well i'm just telling the truth in the first quote, this is actually how i am. And in the second was me caving in to your accusation of me possibly posting behind a "cuteness" shield/distraction thing. I understand what you mean, and i didn't think you were misrepping it, so I can't conclude scummy intentions from your push.

About Crayons question and your response in 235. I don't 100% get your response. He is correct that i was, in fact, the one who started the cute nonsense and you saying that i was just playing along with the main narrative doesn't make sense.

I see that you're saying his focus on this particular event is just an easy thing to participate in-- I mean, I am/was one of the current wagon of focus, right? The other things happening to comment on in recent memory are Starbuck's RQS, Kmd/Starbuck talking about that, and other.. things. What else should he have looked into? We've been making a big deal out of this bs for a while now
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 242, Morning Tweet wrote:He is correct that i was, in fact, the one who started the cute nonsense and you saying that i was just playing along with the main narrative doesn't make sense.
no, sorry. i'm going to have to assert that cuteness was my intellectual property, as evidenced by my opening post. it was such a charming post, you simply couldn't help yourself in tagging along.
In post 242, Morning Tweet wrote:We've been making a big deal out of this bs for a while now
yes we have. it's almost like we need a speedwagon on scum to cut through the noise... but who? hmm. may i interest you in green crayons?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 201, iamausername wrote:
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:[Llama's] reads roughly mirror what i am seeing - especially at the extremes.
+
In post 187, Hoopla wrote:i don't think abr's opening is suspicious for him. he's a polarising character that is always going to attempt to reinvent the wheel in some way or another early in the game, and probably as either alignment.
is odd, when one of Llama's 'extremes' is that ABR is the scummiest player.

alright, i'm in.

VOTE: Hoopla
This feels a bit disingenuous to me. Hoopla can agree with ABR being scummy while also believing his opening was NAI.

Also liking Hoopla's posts so far, so:

UNVOTE: Hoopla
VOTE: iamausername
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Blair »

To add on to that, I broadly find that when someone claims they have caught somebody being inconsistent, but the inconsistent statements coexist in the same exact post, it's more often a bad faith reading of thecpost than a genuine scum-contradiction.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

oooh i like this wagon.

VOTE: GC
green shirt thursdays
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Blair »

Reck no

You misspelled iamausername
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by AGar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Green Crayons

I can rock with this fer sure.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Blair »

AGar no

Reck misspelled iamausername. You sheeped the wrong vote. I understand, these mistakes can happen to anyone.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”