LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1074, GuiltyLion wrote:hmmm actually I can't find it

which is weird cause I do feel like I remember being very mad about you misrepping my meta one time but alas

regardless
Maybe check the newbie games from like 3 years ago.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I didn't get anything out of a quick and dirty skim of ND's meta
In post 1064, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1061, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 953, Glitch wrote:Candy Shop, Cat Scratch, osuka, and maybe Nauci are on my scum radar.
Why am I on your scum radar?
There was literally zero progression from scumreading popo to scumreading me.
Before I move my vote, I want to know why/when Glitch started scumreading me and townreading popopo
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 986, NDMath wrote:Fyi I just finished a scum game, mini theme 2145.
By some of the meta argument it supports the conclusion I'm scum this game so I'm bringing it up before someone else does.
NDMath, what specifically about that game do you think supports a meta argument of you being scum in this one?

I dunno about this post, I feel a lot of people jumped at it but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that scum!NDMath actually goes ahead and posts this. I just wouldn't even bring it up at all if it were me. Or if I did bring it up I'd try to talk about how the completed scum game makes me town in this game. This just doesn't feel like something that is likely to come from scum
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1000, osuka wrote:how the fuck is mafia supposed to know you're mason? mafia has no setup knowledge other than their own roles

you seem to gravely misunderstand some very core concepts of this game
If he is in fact a mason, it's pretty natural to assume that mafia would know he's town and therefore likely not lying about being a
mason
of all things

I still like the Osuka vote, none of his latest bursts of post felt all that town and this one was really bad shade-for-sake-of-shade
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

id like an explanation from ndmath of the similarities between his play in this game and the completed scum game
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 1070, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1036, Blair wrote:CSF's ISO is full of:

A. Safe pushes

B. Clarifying questions

C. Mediation of misunderstandings

These are all things I reliably do as scum when I want to coast, and CSF and I just completed a scum game together so the mind-meld makes sense. :wink:
But that's not how I play scum
lol, what kind of response is this
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1063, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1062, Blair wrote:
In post 1056, LicketyQuickety wrote:Getting traction on Glitch is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Especially considering very few(?) people are actually TRing them. Resistance probably means they have a better shot at being Scum.
Isn't this true of pretty much all the vanity wagons right now?
No. 4 people are voting for ND for shit reasons IMO.
What does "4 people are voting ND for shit reasons" have to do with my question?

I asked you if all the vanity wagons were struggling to get traction despite very few people town reading them (not just yours on Glitch) and you responded about a L-3 wagon (if that qualifies as a vanity wagon then all wagons are vanity wagons).
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 pm

In post 1081, Blair wrote:
In post 1063, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1062, Blair wrote:
In post 1056, LicketyQuickety wrote:Getting traction on Glitch is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Especially considering very few(?) people are actually TRing them. Resistance probably means they have a better shot at being Scum.
Isn't this true of pretty much all the vanity wagons right now?
No. 4 people are voting for ND for shit reasons IMO.
What does "4 people are voting ND for shit reasons" have to do with my question?

I asked you if all the vanity wagons were struggling to get traction despite very few people town reading them (not just yours on Glitch) and you responded about a L-3 wagon (if that qualifies as a vanity wagon then all wagons are vanity wagons).
I was saying the only viable wagon that WASN'T a vanity wagon was garbage. Keep up.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Blair »

Ah, so you were just answering a completely unrelated question I never asked, while completely disregarding what I asked, and now you're implying I'm dense for not reading your mind and anticipating that?

Got it. So it's going to be one of those games again.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Blair »

"Quick, how's the weather where you live?"

"No, I don't want to move to Botswana."

"...Huh?"

"Try to keep up Blair, good lord."
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 pm

In post 1083, Blair wrote:Ah, so you were just answering a completely unrelated question I never asked, while completely disregarding what I asked, and now you're implying I'm dense for not reading your mind and anticipating that?

But are you Town?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1040, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually Blair, unless you plan to case CSF hard and get a lot of people on your side, i'd much prefer it if you joined the NDMath wagon since it's got more votes and game needs a lynch right now. I sense apathy with the lack of posting lately.
this is an odd post from a slot that is otherwise fairly towny

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1054, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:As of page 35, I don't scumread Nauci anymore
holy shit haha

and
I
thought i was late to this game

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1085, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1083, Blair wrote:Ah, so you were just answering a completely unrelated question I never asked, while completely disregarding what I asked, and now you're implying I'm dense for not reading your mind and anticipating that?

But are you Town?
I'm always town. Even when I'm scum I'm town.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:21 pm

In post 1088, Blair wrote:
In post 1085, LicketyQuickety wrote:

But are you Town?
I'm always town. Even when I'm scum I'm town.
LaL.

Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1046, Blair wrote:I actually like CSF vs NDMath for today, so if anyone wants to help me make CSF a top-two wagon that'd be swell!

Sheep me!
I would prefer this over NDmath. I am not opposed to a lynch on NDmath but Cat Scratch would be a better choice in this event. I've been planning to come in here and make a case against Cat Scratch but haven't gotten around to it. I'll make my case here and join you on the wagon.
In post 1064, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1061, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 953, Glitch wrote:Candy Shop, Cat Scratch, osuka, and maybe Nauci are on my scum radar.
Why am I on your scum radar?
There was literally zero progression from scumreading popo to scumreading me.
I still have a scum lean on po but when the push against him from the group seemed to dissipate and the desire to lynch disappeared from the town, it was time to move my vote to somewhere it can be used elsewhere to do more. I also have been working through a re-read of the game the last few days and that's where my updated SRs came from. I'm a big fan of wagons and think it's lazy playing to target people because they jump on a wagon. If you jump on a wagon without giving good and solid reasons or just paraphrasing what someone else said then sure, that's fine to make you raise an eyebrow. But pressure gives results and I like to push and build wagons. And I'll give you my honest thoughts in the process. If you scum read me for it, that's fine, that just gives more data for us to eval when you push me for pushing someone else.

My case against you goes further than Blair's though. My main problem with your play is your dramatic shift in playstyle after pressure hits you.
  • Page 6 - Enter Cat Scratch, short winded and little contribution. Whatever, it's early.
  • Page 9 - Posts are all literally useless
  • Page 11 - 274 useless
  • Page 12 - Just lazy and useless, TvT reads osuka vs LQ
  • Page 16 - Once again, no meat to you posts, just shallow and useless
  • Page 20 - TR me but literally no reasons
  • Page 21 - Your lack of substantive contribution 21 pages in is astounding
  • Page 22 - 537 is lazy, 549 is so scummy. Just a straight up dodge and push back on popo for his vote on you
  • Page 23 - popo announces you as his top SR and calls you on your trash ISO as listed above, then a noticeable change in playstyle begins. Uptick in posting and content begins as seen in the rest of 23, which is partially because you're discussing this with popo and answering reads on you, but this is maintained throughout the rest of the game.
  • Page 25 - You suddenly have stopped spamming shallow questions and coasting content as you did up to p23 and then jump to Nauci. Scummy. Play lazy all game, pressure is on you, flip over to Nauci with mediocre reasoning at best (609)
  • Page 29 - You defend your Nauci push with a weak ass argument, no quotes, no supports, just saying she doesn't think hard enough but you'd like to see where she ends up (scum wishy washiness, leaving yourself an easy out or an easy way to stay on her)
TL;DR version:
23 pages of lazy and non-contributive posts until you're called out, at which point you ramp up your post volume and make a weak shift from voting the guy who is SR'ing you to a weak argument for Nauci.

Did you ramp up your posts because you realized that you couldn't fly under the radar as silent anymore once popo called you on it? Your change to Nauci feels like crap just trying to get po to not be so laser focused in on you, so you jump to Nauci when you don't even have that solid of an argument there.

VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever

I'd be okay with NDmath but honestly CSF is much scummier when you look back over the progression of the game.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:24 pm

Why does lazy = Scum tho?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Like, I shouldn't be able to destroy your case with 6 words.

Tell me why I am wrong that Glitch is Scum.

Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1086, osuka wrote:
In post 1040, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually Blair, unless you plan to case CSF hard and get a lot of people on your side, i'd much prefer it if you joined the NDMath wagon since it's got more votes and game needs a lynch right now. I sense apathy with the lack of posting lately.
Why is this scummy now but these posts weren't?
In post 893, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think you’re missing the point. NOBODY townreads NDMath. So why are we just pretending like that slot isn’t an issue? He needs votes.
In post 923, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mavsfan, i suggest you join a substantial wagon such as NDMath. A lynch on me isn’t going to happen.
In post 1023, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1016, osuka wrote:
In post 1014, Blair wrote::|

*drink*
i'm only two beers deep and honestly i can tell you it is not enough for this shit
Your push on Truth is ass.
Vote NDMath.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:29 pm

In post 1093, Glitch wrote:
In post 1086, osuka wrote:
Why is this scummy now but these posts weren't?
In post 893, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think you’re missing the point. NOBODY townreads NDMath. So why are we just pretending like that slot isn’t an issue? He needs votes.
In post 923, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mavsfan, i suggest you join a substantial wagon such as NDMath. A lynch on me isn’t going to happen.
In post 1023, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1016, osuka wrote:
In post 1014, Blair wrote::|

*drink*
i'm only two beers deep and honestly i can tell you it is not enough for this shit
Your push on Truth is ass.
Vote NDMath.
Hypotheticals like this are beyond angleshooty.

Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1091, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why does lazy = Scum tho?
If your goal is to fly under the radar and not draw attention, hoping to just wait the day out until others can devour each other, then vague contribution with little commitment and very low content that doesn't help us to get anywhere helps accomplish that goal. Once he was called on that, everything changed. Looks like scum trying to lie low and then when caught is like "oh shit let me immediately unvote the person who is SR'ing me and move my vote to someone who I don't even have a good case for."
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:33 pm

In post 1095, Glitch wrote:
If your goal is to fly under the radar and not draw attention, hoping to just wait the day out until others can devour each other, then vague contribution with little commitment and very low content that doesn't help us to get anywhere helps accomplish that goal. Once he was called on that, everything changed. Looks like scum trying to lie low and then when caught is like "oh shit let me immediately unvote the person who is SR'ing me and move my vote to someone who I don't even have a good case for."
Town can and does do that as well. So it's a moot point really.

Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 1096, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I'm open to being wrong about these things as any games I play online I tend to be pointed out as the noob who doesn't understand the game, and oftentimes get SR'd for that. But it just doesn't make sense to me. Why would you not contribute and be wishy-washy, vote with a lame argument, and run from your SR when they start to SR you if your wincon is to find scum?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:39 pm

In post 1097, Glitch wrote:
In post 1096, LicketyQuickety wrote:
I'm open to being wrong about these things as any games I play online I tend to be pointed out as the noob who doesn't understand the game, and oftentimes get SR'd for that. But it just doesn't make sense to me. Why would you not contribute and be wishy-washy, vote with a lame argument, and run from your SR when they start to SR you if your wincon is to find scum?
Like I said, Town can and does do that sort of thing all the time. So it's not really a good reason to SR someone. If there's more to it than that, then fine. Usually reads develop over time and if there is some reason to SR someone, usually there are more reasons. But as is, there's not really legit reasons to SR them based on being lazy. If you want to dig to beef up your case, go and do that, but giving NAI stuffs for a reason for a vote is pretty bad.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Blair »

So Quick are you town reading CSF or just whinging about everyone who votes for her?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”