Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:43 am

Post by osuka »

There’s also a lot of meta reads on me, so I’ll point out the fact that people have repeatedly failed to read me, meta or otherwise

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:44 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1153, popopopopopopo wrote:Cat scratch showing up and posting again on cue after Blairs push. Won't vote ndmath because *reasons* . Glitches case is good even if it just reiterates what i said in more words.

Cat scratchs hop on osuka is opportunistic as fuck. Notice how she only votes osuka after norwe indicates an interest
In post 1142, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m not sure i’m feeling either a Glitch or CSF lynch today, but i could definitely go for either NDMath or Osuka.
Now osuka is a very easy wagon to park a vote on. This is because a) he has been tunneling truth for being stupid, which I think is NAI but also easy to point to as "scummy" and b) his posting other than that hasn't felt super engaged, which again i find NAI on day 1. And c) one of the most active players in the game just said they'd be fine with a wagon there.

In post 1147, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:VOTE: osuka

I think I prefer this over Glitch, who I'm not sure isn't just new town who scumreads people for not explaining reads.

Mainly sheeping Nauci's metacase tbh. I also think him forgetting to use his vote is scum indicative
There are two problems with this vote that I see. The first is that it was only made after tacit approval from norwe of an osuka wagon just a few posts earlier. in fact, prior to norwes post approving of the osuka wagon, cat scratch had never said he scumread osuka. The last definitive read on osuka cat gave is here
In post 281, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 280, ofrhz wrote:
In post 277, Truth wrote:Why are they both town?

As for your leads questions, I was suspecting osuka before that if you check my earlier posts.
Based on their back and forth, I think they both believe in their pushes. I can also understand why they each scumread the other even though I disagree with it.

They're both independently towny as well. Quick has demonstrated that he has an unusual process of scumhunting, and I think his process is hard to fake.

I'm gut townreading osuka.

Why is osuka scummy for thinking you could be lying about being a mason but not wanting to take the risk of pushing you? A lot of people have expressed disbelief in your mason claim yet no one is pushing for your lynch off the top of my head.
Holy shit
and until the post cat made voting osuka he had not mentioned him as a scumread as far as I can tell. So osuka has gone from a gut townread, in a TvT with quick according to cat scratch, to now being cats big scumread.

Now as for the reason for voting osuka, cat scratch cited sheeping Nauci. Nauci isn't even voting osuka, he's voting NDmath, so you're sheeping someone who isn't even convinced of their own point. Id like cat to elaborate on the osuka read, is it just the push on nauci you find scummy cat?

Also cat calling the 3 votes on him as a counterwagon to ND is rich considering I voted her LONG BEFORE ANY ND WAGON and Blair replaced in and came with a fresh scumread. Glitch's vote is the only thing that could fit under that description and his reasoning was fine IMO.
i don’t think this comes from scum popo. Why would he get in the way of an easy wagon?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:02 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1174, osuka wrote:You seem to have a very shallow understanding or how scum plays the game
No. Truth actually raises a pretty good point against you.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:02 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1177, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1174, osuka wrote:You seem to have a very shallow understanding or how scum plays the game
No. Truth actually raises a pretty good point against you.
I’ll wait for him to answer the question but you can answer them if you agree with that dumpster fire or a post

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:03 am

In post 1175, osuka wrote:There’s also a lot of meta reads on me, so I’ll point out the fact that people have repeatedly failed to read me, meta or otherwise
You are doing a whole lot of defending yourself and very little actual Scum hunting. When exactly do you plan on changing your behavior from Anti-Town to Pro-Town?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1179, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1175, osuka wrote:There’s also a lot of meta reads on me, so I’ll point out the fact that people have repeatedly failed to read me, meta or otherwise
You are doing a whole lot of defending yourself and very little actual Scum hunting. When exactly do you plan on changing your behavior from Anti-Town to Pro-Town?
Well right now I sorta have to defend myself because I know for a fact I am a mislynch, even if you don’t. How exactly is that anti town?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 am

In post 1180, osuka wrote:
Well right now I sorta have to defend myself because I know for a fact I am a mislynch, even if you don’t. How exactly is that anti town?
That's not how you defend yourself. You defend yourself by making someone else look more Scummy than yourself. But since you have decided to low effort this game, I guess that is not an option for you atm??? Either that or you are Scum and the wagons are on your buddies currently? Either way it doesn't look good for you.

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:09 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1181, LicketyQuickety wrote:
That's not how you defend yourself. You defend yourself by making someone else look more Scummy than yourself. But since you have decided to low effort this game, I guess that is not an option for you atm??? Either that or you are Scum and the wagons are on your buddies currently? Either way it doesn't look good for you.
This is a bad post, but regardless of that: why would I try to make people look scummier than me if they, yourself included, evidently need no help in that department?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:09 am

Post by osuka »

Feel free to answer the questions I asked by the way

Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Truth »

In post 1174, osuka wrote:
In post 1164, Truth wrote:
In post 1078, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1000, osuka wrote:how the fuck is mafia supposed to know you're mason? mafia has no setup knowledge other than their own roles

you seem to gravely misunderstand some very core concepts of this game
If he is in fact a mason, it's pretty natural to assume that mafia would know he's town and therefore likely not lying about being a
mason
of all things

I still like the Osuka vote, none of his latest bursts of post felt all that town and this one was really bad shade-for-sake-of-shade
Do you think osuka could be making sure I'm actually a mason and not lying in that post? Like he's mafia and wants to kill me if I'm a mason but wants to keep questioning me just to make sure. I think this another reason to think he is mafia.
This is such a dense post that it hurts

I think hypotheticals are a little too much for you to handle right now, so for the first part of the post assume I’m town and for the second, assume I’m scum.

Let’s start with town. How am I lying in that post? What am I trying to accomplish? Why am I doing any of what I’m doing in that post?

Now, assume I’m scum. How am I not lying in that post? If I wanted to kill you, why wouldn’t I just do it since you keep claiming mason anyway? If I
did
want to make sure you’re mason, how is that post supposed to accomplish that? Why would I “keep questioning to make sure” when I know for a fact that that line of questioning has diminishing returns (i.e., we’re all as sure as we’re gonna be about your claim, however sure that is, until someone else claims mason or we get a revealing flip, neither of which is going to happen d1) and I’d only be exposing myself for no reason?

You seem to have a very shallow understanding or how scum plays the game
You said it yourself. You said mafia don't know I'm mason which would mean you're thinking about how mafia might think I'm a lying neighbour or something. It sounds to me that you are that mafia that thinks I might be lying which is why you continue to push and question me. If you think there's no point right now then why do you keep falling back to me?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:25 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1184, Truth wrote:
In post 1174, osuka wrote:
In post 1164, Truth wrote:
In post 1078, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1000, osuka wrote:how the fuck is mafia supposed to know you're mason? mafia has no setup knowledge other than their own roles

you seem to gravely misunderstand some very core concepts of this game
If he is in fact a mason, it's pretty natural to assume that mafia would know he's town and therefore likely not lying about being a
mason
of all things

I still like the Osuka vote, none of his latest bursts of post felt all that town and this one was really bad shade-for-sake-of-shade
Do you think osuka could be making sure I'm actually a mason and not lying in that post? Like he's mafia and wants to kill me if I'm a mason but wants to keep questioning me just to make sure. I think this another reason to think he is mafia.
This is such a dense post that it hurts

I think hypotheticals are a little too much for you to handle right now, so for the first part of the post assume I’m town and for the second, assume I’m scum.

Let’s start with town. How am I lying in that post? What am I trying to accomplish? Why am I doing any of what I’m doing in that post?

Now, assume I’m scum. How am I not lying in that post? If I wanted to kill you, why wouldn’t I just do it since you keep claiming mason anyway? If I
did
want to make sure you’re mason, how is that post supposed to accomplish that? Why would I “keep questioning to make sure” when I know for a fact that that line of questioning has diminishing returns (i.e., we’re all as sure as we’re gonna be about your claim, however sure that is, until someone else claims mason or we get a revealing flip, neither of which is going to happen d1) and I’d only be exposing myself for no reason?

You seem to have a very shallow understanding or how scum plays the game
You said it yourself. You said mafia don't know I'm mason which would mean you're thinking about how mafia might think I'm a lying neighbour or something. It sounds to me that you are that mafia that thinks I might be lying which is why you continue to push and question me. If you think there's no point right now then why do you keep falling back to me?
Nice misrep

I’m not pushing you because of your claim and I’m not role fishing. I’m pushing you because I think you’re scum.

If mafia thinks you might be a lying neighbor, how the fuck is any townie outside of your claimed circle know?

Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Truth »

It would make sense to me if there was 2 mafia from po going down, and 1 in the top 6.

So osuka and po and Looker for example. I think mafia usually say less and don't put themselves in the limelight but usually they need a leader. If I'm wrong, it could instead be Nauci and Glitch and mavsfan for example.

In reply to osuka: But in that one post, you were specifically asking about my role again, and you did that earlier too.
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:55 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

Lol
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:57 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1186, Truth wrote:Image

It would make sense to me if there was 2 mafia from po going down, and 1 in the top 6.

So osuka and po and Looker for example. I think mafia usually say less and don't put themselves in the limelight but usually they need a leader. If I'm wrong, it could instead be Nauci and Glitch and mavsfan for example.

In reply to osuka: But in that one post, you were specifically asking about my role again, and you did that earlier too.
Are you seriously using post counts as a read? That’s a little sad

You also haven’t answered any of the questions I asked. I wasn’t asking about your role, I was asking about how could mafia know your role. You’re either misrepping or you seriously need to improve your reading comprehension

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:59 am

In post 1182, osuka wrote:
This is a bad post, but regardless of that: why would I try to make people look scummier than me if they, yourself included, evidently need no help in that department?
How about you go and read a few articles on the wiki and get back to me, because you clearly do not know how this game works.

Not many people can successfully defend themselves unless they are pretty sharp in the logic department.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:11 am

In post 1188, osuka wrote:
In post 1186, Truth wrote:Image

Are you seriously using post counts as a read? That’s a little sad

You also haven’t answered any of the questions I asked. I wasn’t asking about your role, I was asking about how could mafia know your role. You’re either misrepping or you seriously need to improve your reading comprehension
Logic is as follows: If Truth is Town, then Mafia know they are Town. If Mafia know Truth is Town then they know that the first claim Truth made was that he was Mason. If Mafia know that the first claim Truth made was that he was Mason then they can reasonably assume that is a correct claim.

That's all assuming that Truth is actually Mason. Else, it gets a lot hairier and it's going to be tough to dissuade me from putting serious pressure on that slot if it turns out it's just a hood and not actually masons, since Truth has repeatedly followed up his claim saying he is a Mason. The only part that REALLY concerns me is no one is really ready to confirm or deny what it is that Truth is saying regarding Mason, which goes to figure as no one in their right mind would actually confirm or deny that claim as Mason. The other aspect of the claim that makes pretty much zero sense whatsoever is that he claimed miller. So if he IS Mason Miller, I would really expect some heavy duty Investigative roles in this game. Alternatively, mod could have put something like Disloyal/Insane Cop/neapolitan. So if you want to to attack truth, I would really start THERE rather than what he is actually saying now because what he is saying now is built on him already being assumed he is Mason.

Don't worry, I am giving Truth a D1 pass but that's about as far as it goes for me depending on flips.

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:31 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1189, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1182, osuka wrote:
How about you go and read a few articles on the wiki and get back to me, because you clearly do not know how this game works.

Not many people can successfully defend themselves unless they are pretty sharp in the logic department.
At the risk of sounding pretty cocky, I consider myself to be pretty sharp in the logic department (even if only by contrast)

You might wanna look at viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72479

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:34 am

Post by osuka »

Actually I lied

The game I was thinking of was viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73011

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:35 am

In post 1192, osuka wrote:Actually I lied

Better logic than me: denied.

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:37 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1193, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Because you’re clearly the benchmark for logic in this website

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:40 am

In post 1194, osuka wrote:

You call that a comeback? It lacks creativity and doesn't impress with Nauci's version C of my play. Try again and this time try and actually put some effort into it?

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1195, LicketyQuickety wrote:

You call that a comeback? It lacks creativity and doesn't impress with Nauci's version C of my play. Try again and this time try and actually put some effort into it?
This entire back and forth is unrelated to game solving.

I will accept my Townpoints™ for pointing this out via direct deposit into my Blair Bucks™ account, please.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:14 am

In post 1196, Blair wrote:
In post 1195, LicketyQuickety wrote:

This entire back and forth is unrelated to game solving.

I will accept my Townpoints™ for pointing this out via direct deposit into my Blair Bucks™ account, please.
Why is everyone so damn weak with their analysis/saying basic shit/asking for Town credit when Town credit isn't due?

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1150, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why do you think osuka is town? What do you think of Nauci's meta-case on him?
Osuka is getting sucked into the same slap fights I would have probably been sucked into myself if I had subbed in earlier. The optics for these are pretty terrible all around, and I would expect scum to be self conscious enough to know that and take the high ground for town points instead.
In post 1150, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1046, Blair wrote:I actually like CSF vs NDMath for today, so if anyone wants to help me make CSF a top-two wagon that'd be swell!

Sheep me!
Now that I think ND is town, I really don't like this post. It was also premature to be deciding which wagons we were going to end the day with considering Blair only replaced into the game like less than 24 hrs and hadn't had time to interact with me or ND afaict
Hmm :nerd:
Now that I think ND is town, I really don't like this post.
What did the modifier, "Now that I think ND is town," add to the logic of this progression?

(Let's not even touch on the absurdity of the idea that there is some sort of mandatory waiting period after a sub joins a game before they are allowed to advocate a dichotomy)
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1153, popopopopopopo wrote:Cat scratch showing up and posting again on cue after Blairs push. Won't vote ndmath because *reasons* .
Seriously? I said why I think NDMath is town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”