Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1197, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why is everyone so damn weak with their analysis/saying basic shit/asking for Town credit when Town credit isn't due?
It is estimated that roughly 30% of the population cannot reliably discern humor or sarcasm.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1198, Blair wrote:What did the modifier, "Now that I think ND is town," add to the logic of this progression?
It looks like you're corralling two Town wagons
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:18 am

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11931653#p11931653 wrote:Cat scratchs hop on osuka is opportunistic as fuck. Notice how she only votes osuka after norwe indicates an interest
In post 1142, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m not sure i’m feeling either a Glitch or CSF lynch today, but i could definitely go for either NDMath or Osuka.
Now osuka is a very easy wagon to park a vote on. This is because a) he has been tunneling truth for being stupid, which I think is NAI but also easy to point to as "scummy" and b) his posting other than that hasn't felt super engaged, which again i find NAI on day 1. And c) one of the most active players in the game just said they'd be fine with a wagon there.
Why wouldn't I just vote NDMath by your same logic?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Blair »

Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1198, Blair wrote:What did the modifier, "Now that I think ND is town," add to the logic of this progression?
Ah, so that post is only scummy if both ND and CSF are town?

Given that it is Day 1 and we have zero flips in the game so far, wouldn't that make it objectively null?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 am

In post 1203, Blair wrote:
Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

Given that it is Day 1 and we have zero flips in the game so far, wouldn't that make it objectively null?
no? there were many people in your readslist you had at null and below - why did you want wagons to form on us two specifically when we have several days left on the clock?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1200, Blair wrote:
In post 1197, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why is everyone so damn weak with their analysis/saying basic shit/asking for Town credit when Town credit isn't due?
It is estimated that roughly 30% of the population cannot reliably discern humor or sarcasm.
I'm not one of them and your joke sucked.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Blair »

It is amazing to me how you are claiming you detected it while simultaneously claiming that I was actually expecting town points for it.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:22 am

In post 1204, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

no? there were many people in your readslist you had at null and below - why did you want wagons to form on us two specifically when we have several days left on the clock?
That's... not the way I read the RL. I read it as: Town, Town, Town, Town, Null, Town... ect.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:23 am

In post 1206, Blair wrote:It is amazing to me how you are claiming you detected it while simultaneously claiming that I was actually expecting town points for it.
Taking it as a joke seemed like the lamer option between the two.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Blair »

The lamer (but also most obvious!) option, yes.

No way scum!Quick picks this monumentally stupid ego hill to die on with a townie, so I will share some more of my town points with you today.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:27 am

In post 1209, Blair wrote:The lamer (but also most obvious!) option, yes.

No way scum!Quick picks this monumentally stupid ego hill to die on with a townie, so I will share some more of my town points with you today.
You're literally in the hole on Town points. You don't want to open a credit line with me, trust me.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Blair »

Sometimes the riposte is just too easy. I'm going to let this one go.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:31 am

In post 1211, Blair wrote:Sometimes the riposte is just too easy. I'm going to let this one go.
Fencing isn't martial arts.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Blair »

Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

I know how long it usually takes to slog through a Day 1 wagon if it's actually on scum - we are at the point in the time line when we need to narrow down our options.

"There's still time!" is a favorite shield for scum, because so many townies actually believe it's anti-town to not use every last ounce of the deadline.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:34 am

In post 1213, Blair wrote:
Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

I know how long it usually takes to slog through a Day 1 wagon if it's actually on scum - we are at the point in the time line when we need to narrow down our options.

"There's still time!" is a favorite shield for scum, because so many townies actually believe it's anti-town to not use every last ounce of the deadline.
"Strategic" usually means Scum - especially for you.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:34 am

I've given up on quote tags, but this is
Now as for the reason for voting osuka, cat scratch cited sheeping Nauci. Nauci isn't even voting osuka, he's voting NDmath, so you're sheeping someone who isn't even convinced of their own point. Id like cat to elaborate on the osuka read, is it just the push on nauci you find scummy cat?

Also cat calling the 3 votes on him as a counterwagon to ND is rich considering I voted her LONG BEFORE ANY ND WAGON and Blair replaced in and came with a fresh scumread. Glitch's vote is the only thing that could fit under that description and his reasoning was fine IMO.
1. This is a really stupid argument because I clearly said I was sheeping Nauci's case and not her vote. I think Nauci only hopped off osuka and voted NDMath because she wanted to form wagons and there was more interest in NDMath. I wouldn't presume osuka isn't her primary scumread, although she can clarify that herself.

2. Your 1 vote on me isn't much of a wagon dude, but I'm not going to argue what constitutes a wagon and what isn't

the primary reason I'm scumreading him for is because he's more engaged in his towngame than his scumgame, and this game looks more like his scumgame. after his early argument from Quick, his impact on the game has decreased

I don't think osuka's push on Truth is productive or just NAI as you say, since nothing is going to change that we aren't lynching her today. One of the things that made me think Glitch could be town is because he dropped pushing Truth once he realized that wasn't going to go through.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:37 am

In post 1213, Blair wrote:I know how long it usually takes to slog through a Day 1 wagon if it's actually on scum - we are at the point in the time line when we need to narrow down our options.

Are your replace-in reads usually accurate or something?

I think your rush to form two wagons when you haven't had the chance to really affirm or challenge your read is scummy.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Blair »

You only believe that because I rushed to form them on you and someone you're suddenly townreading. (Your words, not mine)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:48 am

In post 1169, osuka wrote:
In post 1147, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:VOTE: osuka

I think I prefer this over Glitch, who I'm not sure isn't just new town who scumreads people for not explaining reads.

Mainly sheeping Nauci's metacase tbh. I also think him forgetting to use his vote is scum indicative
When did I forget to use my vote? There are 5 days til deadline and more than one viable wagon

this is a scum post
Spoiler: Newbie Crosswords
Subject: Newbie 1943: Crosswords (Game Over)
osuka wrote:
In post 525, TemporalLich wrote:Alright might as well mediumclaim:

I know 300% Phone's "claim" is a fakeclaim
this isn't a mediumclaim, it's a jk claim. the only town PR that cannot coexist with a cop in this setup is jk

i've stopped reading at this post and since i havent seen anyone cc, UNVOTE:

you voted in post 1013 only to unvote again in 1033, even though the mod didn't count the unvote for some reason.

your next serious vote is on 1661. basically in your scumgame, you didn't have your vote in play for ~1000 posts (40 pages).

And I'm not saying you're the only viable wagon? This was me telling Quick I'd rather not vote Glitch atp.

Why is this a scumpost?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:49 am

In post 1217, Blair wrote:You only believe that because I rushed to form them on you and someone you're suddenly townreading. (Your words, not mine)
I mean, true it's something I thought was suspicious only after I thought NDMath was towny, but there's scum motivation in building competing wagons on town
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Blair »

Link to Nauci's meta case, please. (Or was that it?)
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1219, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1217, Blair wrote:You only believe that because I rushed to form them on you and someone you're suddenly townreading. (Your words, not mine)
I mean, true it's something I thought was suspicious only after I thought NDMath was towny, but there's scum motivation in building competing wagons on town
And there's town motivation in building competing wagons on scum.

So without outside knowledge, it's just sort of... nothing.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:53 am

I know I'm town and I think your case on me is pretty weak. I also think I'm playing a very different game to my scumgames which you've seen.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Blair »

If you are town, you will never, ever believe any case against you is strong, so that isn't a reliable metric for whether or not my reads are genuine.

If you are scum, you will always believe you are playing differently from your scum game - otherwise you are intentionally playing badly.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:38 am

Cat's play is stronger than yours here Blair.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”