word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 am

Post by word321 »

either way, I still dnt buy completely deimos attitude. I feel the particular questions he has made r too generic in nature, too general, and easily replicable as scum to feign an investigation of sorts (im talkin about things like , and as the most generic, others can be replicable). Im also not convinced of the actual intent behind the even distribution of votes; do u have any game when u have openly upheld such an opinion?
VOTE: Deimos
ninjaed by the above
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 225, word321 wrote:either way, I still dnt buy completely deimos attitude. I feel the particular questions he has made r too generic in nature, too general, and easily replicable as scum to feign an investigation of sorts (im talkin about things like , and as the most generic, others can be replicable). Im also not convinced of the actual intent behind the even distribution of votes; do u have any game when u have openly upheld such an opinion?
ninjaed by the above
Regarding the distribution of votes, it was discussed briefly in Newbie 2002.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:45 am

Post by brassherald »

Wait, why are you responding, Marashu?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 227, brassherald wrote:Wait, why are you responding, Marashu?
I was in that game and remembered it coming up.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:50 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 228, Marashu wrote:
In post 227, brassherald wrote:Wait, why are you responding, Marashu?
I was in that game and remembered it coming up.
I just don't like when people answer questions that aren't for them.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Examined the ISO of pissirrational - just as I suspected - scum!

VOTE: Pissirrational
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 225, word321 wrote:either way, I still dnt buy completely deimos attitude. I feel the particular questions he has made r too generic in nature, too general, and easily replicable as scum to feign an investigation of sorts (im talkin about things like , and as the most generic, others can be replicable). Im also not convinced of the actual intent behind the even distribution of votes; do u have any game when u have openly upheld such an opinion?
ninjaed by the above
I have openly upheld this opinion before and I can name the player I learned it from, which is LuckyLuciano. We are out of RVS so I can explain. Even distributions create possibly AI situations in who breaks the ties and how. This can then transition into wagons to create pressure. Immediate wagons are fine, but they bypass this extra step and the added info it can provide.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Battle Mage you're not serious with townreading someone for voting you, right?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 197, piisirrational wrote:
In post 48, Deimos27 wrote:pi, how do you feel about early wagons?
That depends on the context. If it so happened that four people voted a player because "well I wanted to" then that isn't giving us much game-related information. On the other hand, if someone gets voted by people early on for scumslipping, then that could be something that would be worth getting information from.
I was referring specifically to RVS wagons.
In post 199, piisirrational wrote:
In post 65, votato wrote:I've heard self- voting in rvs is almost always done by scum. Can anyone confirm that?
I feel like simply voting yourself would be something that would be done more by scum than by town, as scum would have more reasons to self-vote I think.
Since this self-vote occurred in RVS, I'm annoyed that you're generalising it to any self-vote (this results in examples like scum self-hammers entering the picture and making the RVS self-vote look much worse than it actually is). This is besides the point at best and shading Midari at worst.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 84, Marashu wrote:Mind running this one by me? Feels like you're trying to stay neutral and keep even distribution, but I don't see to what end.
Marashu, if you remembered this coming up in Newbie 2002, why did you need me to explain it again?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 232, Deimos27 wrote:Battle Mage you're not serious with townreading someone for voting you, right?
very serious about the townread, although you've misunderstood the reason
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I see what you're getting at.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Deimos27 »

My early gut townleans are on Drew, Midari, superbowl, Battle Mage, and Worcestershire.
Tux might be scum but pi is scummier.
Everyone else floating around null.

I am now accepting questions (though I won't answer them until tomorrow because it is late o'clock).
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:29 am

Post by superbowl9 »

I'll hop on this wagon because is incorrect
VOTE: piisirrational
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 237, Deimos27 wrote:My early gut townleans are on Drew, Midari, superbowl, Battle Mage, and Worcestershire.
Tux might be scum but pi is scummier.
Everyone else floating around null.

I am now accepting questions (though I won't answer them until tomorrow because it is late o'clock).
Explain BM?
In post 238, superbowl9 wrote:I'll hop on this wagon because is incorrect
What is so wrong about it?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

The way the conversation has drifted away from tuxedo mask is slightly concerning, though perhaps there is nothing more to be discussed about him.

I agree with a piisirrational wagon though. I haven't seen them post anything related specifically to this game yet.

Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 211, brassherald wrote:
In post 193, Marashu wrote:
In post 185, Deimos27 wrote: Why aren't you voting Tux, if he is your scumlean?
I guess partly because I'm distracted, and partly because I had asked questions and was waiting for answers in case they changed my opinions.
In post 191, Tuxedo Mask wrote: Reread the game, this was untrue. You are the center of lots of discussions this game, I guess I got that vibes because I don't really know how people feel about you? Like it seems you aren't being scum read, but I don't think I see any town reads either. Guess just felt off to me. You're there a lot but I don't know what people think of you.
Ok, but, why should other people's reads on Drew matter to you? I was asking what you learned about other people by focusing on Drew, not what you learned about Drew by what other people are saying about him.

VOTE: Tuxedo
In post 192, Midari Ikishima wrote:Ah so like most newbie games then when we get bloated.
I've heard before that longer days are typically better for scum, and from the games I've played as scum, town performed better in the games with shorter early games.
Actually bothering to read this, it is good posting.l and makes a good point in the middle.

VOTE: Tuxedo Mask
Is it? I've correctly sorted people before based on how others read them. And my overall point is that Drew is famously scum read, but I don't think its even been a hinted read by any other player, so what does that mean? He could actually be scum this time, the player list has enough experience with him to not fall into that trap, perhaps?

What's the scum motivation to my actions?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 240, ceejayvinoya wrote:The way the conversation has drifted away from tuxedo mask is slightly concerning, though perhaps there is nothing more to be discussed about him.

I agree with a piisirrational wagon though. I haven't seen them post anything related specifically to this game yet.

If you have questions I'm here. What conversation would you like to have about me? What concerns you about things drifting off me?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 242, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 240, ceejayvinoya wrote:The way the conversation has drifted away from tuxedo mask is slightly concerning, though perhaps there is nothing more to be discussed about him.

If you have questions I'm here. What conversation would you like to have about me? What concerns you about things drifting off me?
Just one. Are you suggesting that the lack of reads towards drew would help in determining his alignment? How does this differ from anyone else? Am curious.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 243, ceejayvinoya wrote:

Just one. Are you suggesting that the lack of reads towards drew would help in determining his alignment? How does this differ from anyone else? Am curious.
Because I am unsure of other's reputation, but Drew's is to be scum read. So the current state is an abnormality, I am trying to identify why. Is the abnormality in their play, or in how other's treat them? Is that abnormality nefarious?

If the dropping in content around me made you uncomfortable, why did you jump on the new hotness wagon?
Midari Ikishima
Midari Ikishima
Goon
Midari Ikishima
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Midari Ikishima »

Maybe I'm just biased. But the case on Tux just seems a bit reachy and nothing more then a lost person in this game which does strike as different from what I've seen from them.

I think Pii and Wors need to talk more. I agree with Brass I don't like others answering questions that aren't directed at them.

What are your other reads Tux?
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by word321 »

what about superbowl?
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 244, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

Because I am unsure of other's reputation, but Drew's is to be scum read. So the current state is an abnormality, I am trying to identify why. Is the abnormality in their play, or in how other's treat them? Is that abnormality nefarious?

If the dropping in content around me made you uncomfortable, why did you jump on the new hotness wagon?
Pii was more suspicious.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 245, Midari Ikishima wrote:What are your other reads Tux?
Nothing strong so far, which doesn't feel great. I think I'm getting townie pings from Votato, Drew, Deimos and Midari. Those are the only things strong enough to mention.

Though I also think your wagon stalling out is interesting.
In post 128, JacksonVirgo wrote:Midari Ikishima (5) - Tuxedo Mask, Midari Ikishima, Marashu, word321, Doctor Drew
This was your wagon at its peak (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'll pose this question to the group is scum on this wagon. I think that's likely. If so, who and how many? My gut says just one, between Marshu and Word. That or the wagon looked to carry it's self well enough, and scum wanted to avoid it.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 244, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

I really like this post from Tux, being town read read so universally is unusual for me haha. UNVOTE:

Also, Deimos......your posting seems less analytical this game(besides one of your earlier posts). I have a gut feel that you are just giving reads for the sake of giving out reads. I guess I feel you are not trying to sort. I dunno, need to interact more directly with you.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo

Return to “Completed Open Games”