farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:38 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 2224, Bingle wrote:If Porkens survives the day, Porkens should not claim who he is roleblocking and I should claim whether my role functioned before he claims whether he targeted me. Even still, this isn't foolproof because I have a yellow card today and thus will be roleblocked anyway if we lynch another yellow card holder.

I just find it odd you say you didn't see he targeted you and that is twice now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2219, Battle Mage wrote:would your role turn somebody scum into town?
No. vanilla-izer just removes the role, it does nothing to alignment.

So for example a Mafia Roleblocker would become a mafia goon, where I as a self voyeur will simply become a VT.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2225, farside22 wrote:
In post 2224, Bingle wrote:If Porkens survives the day, Porkens should not claim who he is roleblocking and I should claim whether my role functioned before he claims whether he targeted me. Even still, this isn't foolproof because I have a yellow card today and thus will be roleblocked anyway if we lynch another yellow card holder.

I just find it odd you say you didn't see he targeted you and that is twice now.
What possible motivation do I have to lie?

If I'm scum lying here, then he decided to fake an innocent result on me and my response would have been to let someone fake an innocent result on me.

Like, the only argument for me to be scum as a result of this is some weird double bus scenario where Porkens fakes an inno on me and then I call him out on it and get him lynched and ride the town cred from his lynch to victory. Which is actually pretty fucking brilliant and I wish that was what was happening.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Porkens »

Me too :/
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2226, Bingle wrote:
In post 2219, Battle Mage wrote:would your role turn somebody scum into town?
No. vanilla-izer just removes the role, it does nothing to alignment.

So for example a Mafia Roleblocker would become a mafia goon, where I as a self voyeur will simply become a VT.
[why'd your role change?]
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2170, Titus wrote:
In post 2159, Looker wrote:Is it safe to say that two members corroborating a fakeclaim could be aliens at this point?
I'd go with TSE and BM fakeclaiming at this point. They've done even less than I have and I am obligated to be mysterious. TSE and BM have largely coasted despite TSE's claim being largely unverifiable and his play being 100% pro mafia.
[BM, what was your original role?]
In post 2179, Bingle wrote:
In post 2169, Titus wrote:The most logical reason is that scum are afraid to kill because they don't know who I will target.
That doesn't explain why scum hasn't killed you, but there's also an explanation for that that I've been tinfoiling over.

HB's claim that SB was a 3rd party bomber as group scum actually makes more sense if she legitimately thought SB was a 3rd party bomber. Mafia might be holstering to prevent bomber from winning from no where.
[I feel that HB likely thought starbuck was a 3rd party bomber. But i don't think that's why mafia isn't killing.]
In post 2184, Bingle wrote:
In post 2167, Morning Tweet wrote:[hey maybe shes not even a loverizer and it's a partner, who even knows anymore. im kinda wanting to go with it because even if Titus is town we'll be okay i think]
Titus is a better player than that. Fakeclaiming a partner's role just gives you more chances to be caught.
[Yeah that makes very little sense to me but also, i couldn't have anticipated that hellbook's was guessing SB was a 3p bomber either. Weird shit happens and it's possible Titus is scum i suppose.]
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2191, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2187, Bingle wrote:
In post 2182, Battle Mage wrote:why they've now given up on it?
They dropped it after I corroborated that we should never lynch you before TSE and showed no interest in lynching TSE, iirc.

I agree with you that TSE sheeping his clear and spending all of his time fighting people going after said clear makes sense as town TSE, though. The question was whether you were connected, and the answer is definitely yes: either TSE is pocketing you or you're the same alignment.
I don't think there's a question of pocketing if he's scum - my focus has been, quite naturally, on the players 'open-wolfing'. I don't think I've been particularly pro-TSE, and I don't think anything he has done has particularly influenced me. So probably the best way to describe it would be - if TSE is scum, I could be scum or town (although Starbuck is also confirming me now I think?), and if TSE is town, I'm town.

Your recollection is different from mine - I definitely recall Titus trying to lynch TSE when she couldn't get anywhere with me. Or maybe it was Farside. Has been hard to tell difference at times this game.

Regarding your corroboration - given you are touting Titus as a top player, do you think somebody of her experience and quality should need to be reminded that lynching a cop-inno before the cop is a bad play? Especially when she is then criticising TSE later for playing pro-mafia. It's not to knock Titus, but I wonder a little if you are being flattering here, and trying to curry flavour?
[Lol yeah that portion was weird where some players were ignoring TSE's clear and going after you]
In post 2195, Battle Mage wrote:MorningTweet, have you done a simplified version anywhere? or can you summarise what is going on in simple terms I can understand?
[this game is really annoying. I should have a simplified version somewhere..]

Spoiler: roles/claims
Iconeum - VERIFIED FRIENDLY NEIGHBOUR - VERIFIED TOWN

Titus - VERIFIED SPECIAL TYPE OF LOVERIZER
Starbuck - VERIFIED VANILLAIZER
Morning - VERIFIED ONESHOTIZER

Porkens - VERIFIED CAN KILL (Claims JoAT)

farside22 - VERIFIED VANILLAIZED (Claims Town Effort Saver prior)
Battle Mage - VERIFIED VANILLAIZED (Claims Post Restricted Townie prior)

TrueSoulEnergy (Claims knowledgable that BM is town)
Bingle (Claims Self Motion Detector)
Looker (Claims named VT)
ManateeDude (Claims can’t claim)
Chateau Lobby (Claims he shouldn’t claim)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2199, Bingle wrote:I don't think I've touted Titus as a top player in this game, and in fact we frequently clash on what is 'right' as town although I do have a pretty high opinion of her results.

I've said she's not dumb enough to claim a scumbuddy's role, but that's not high praise. I also have been pretty upfront with the fact that I think she misplayed her role. I just don't think the way she misplayed her role is scum indicative, because she did it in a way that ended up getting a theoretical scum her no additional benefit. Her and farside tunneling you was also baffling, but I don't really think going after a lynch that will never happen is more likely to come from scum than town who has a dangerous tunnel. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she is scum. But I don't see it, and I know that there are people who aren't her who ARE scum.

The same thing applies to farside. Farside could be scum, I guess. But if farside is scum, she still has partners that we have narrowed down to a small pool.
In post 2203, Starbuck wrote:And there's room on the Bingle wagon, y'all. I've got the hot tub going and mimosas at the ready.
[!!!!]

[I think Bingle has been nothing but fair really. But he could be scum, he's in the lynchpool for sure.]
In post 2210, Battle Mage wrote:VOTE: manateedude

Looker is in my townbloc too.
[Looker has said almost nothing and claims VT-- how's your read on him so sure already?]

[I want Looker or Manatee but I'll finish off Titus if i absolutely have to]

VOTE: Manatee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

[
@Manatee
are you a lie detector?]
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2229, Morning Tweet wrote:[why'd your role change?]
It didn't. I'm still a motion detector. I'm not sure why I typed voyeur except that it's a similarish role.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Titus »

VLA 48 hours minimum. My health isn't doing so hot and I might get jury duty next week. I'll still try to post but there is no loopy mental status akin to VLA.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

hang in there be well
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Chateau Lobby »

@porkens
Am I allowed to care about this game or does that make me scum again?
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Chateau Lobby »

I hate to ask another question thats probably been answered but how do we know that scum only has 1 NK?
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Hmm
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2238, Chateau Lobby wrote:I hate to ask another question thats probably been answered but how do we know that scum only has 1 NK?
[:(]

[it's been observed but not proven. So far there's only 1 nightkill that has been made that wasnt claimed. I thought i figured out why, but alas]
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 2163, Porkens wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2159, Looker wrote:
In post 2008, Iconeum wrote:Im considering Starbucks as confirmee not town

Not caught up btw
Some thoughts/guesses from confirmed town would be helpful.
In post 2121, ManateeDude wrote:I dont think I've ever been more confused by a game... im getting that alongside an alien faction there is still a 3p bomber even though a result on Starbuck was false.. I also saw BM claiming a guilty on me which is very confusing bc I dont see any follow up on the matter. All in all im very confused, worn out and tired from this game. if someone could figure out my role that'd be great
What page? Or page range? Also, did you feel hellbooks's lynch was imminent at the time of your hammer?

• Is it safe to say that two members corroborating a fakeclaim could be aliens at this point?
  • I have to ignore Porkens for today because I'm attached to him. I have to move to the next most likely anti-town.
  • I don't think anyone's afraid of Titus's loverize; I think it's moreso a roleblock mechanic. We haven't been claiming the card colors.
  • If Starbuck wants me to claim my card, I will.
  • If Titus is alien, I don't see her being alien alone. My guess is Chateau Lobby or ManateeDude.
VOTE: ManateeDude

I don't see why this would be expected to be fun.

Why don’t you say anything in our lover chat? And why do you think Titus is a roleblocker?
I'd posted in the private PT two hours before this post. I don't know if Titus is a roleblocker, but there being a roleblock mechanic makes more sense than someone being afraid of a loverizer. Especially when it's been concluded that the loverize takes effect the next day. That's two sentences and two misreps from you.

• Starbuck's saying my Activity Report is "abysmal", but she's overlooking some things:
    • I'm a replacement.
    • I don't spam-post ANYWHERE on mafiascum
    • She didn't say that there was something I missed that she'd like me to address.
  • Does anyone know why Bingle is so "confident" that I'm scum? Guessing cards between me and Porkens is potentially smart, but I don't get the fixation.
  • I don't like that there are so many anti-town factions. What exactly
    is
    Titus?
    • And why is her being anti-town so blatant?
  • I'm leery of players who accuse/scumread me for "saying nothing", but then don't ask me any questions. I can only comment on what I think is pertinent until you ask me something.
VOTE: Chateau Lobby ManateeDude, Chateau Lobby, Titus - those are the ones that don't make sense to me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

I didn’t check the lover pt before I shot off my mouth, apologies. And I see how I misread your statement about the RB. Not intentionally misrepping
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2232, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2199, Bingle wrote:I don't think I've touted Titus as a top player in this game, and in fact we frequently clash on what is 'right' as town although I do have a pretty high opinion of her results.

I've said she's not dumb enough to claim a scumbuddy's role, but that's not high praise. I also have been pretty upfront with the fact that I think she misplayed her role. I just don't think the way she misplayed her role is scum indicative, because she did it in a way that ended up getting a theoretical scum her no additional benefit. Her and farside tunneling you was also baffling, but I don't really think going after a lynch that will never happen is more likely to come from scum than town who has a dangerous tunnel. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she is scum. But I don't see it, and I know that there are people who aren't her who ARE scum.

The same thing applies to farside. Farside could be scum, I guess. But if farside is scum, she still has partners that we have narrowed down to a small pool.
In post 2203, Starbuck wrote:And there's room on the Bingle wagon, y'all. I've got the hot tub going and mimosas at the ready.
[!!!!]

[I think Bingle has been nothing but fair really. But he could be scum, he's in the lynchpool for sure.]
In post 2210, Battle Mage wrote:VOTE: manateedude

Looker is in my townbloc too.
[Looker has said almost nothing and claims VT-- how's your read on him so sure already?]

[I want Looker or Manatee but I'll finish off Titus if i absolutely have to]

VOTE: Manatee
He claimed Orange Townie, which is basically vanilla. It's not the sort of claim which would save him or achieve much, so don't think it's a Looker-fakeclaim. Also if scum have access to the list of all roles in the game, I think they'd come up with a better fakeclaim than that. I also looked at the page it was on, and it was full of some fairly interesting roles which I could imagine being picked. In other words, I completely buy that that page could have been picked, and that role would have been ultimately given, because the Mod is mean :lol:. It feels consistent with what we've seen of the setup so far. Plus I just feel he has been playing to his town meta here, and I'm pretty familiar with his style (although as you know, take all reads from me with a pinch of salt). :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 5.5Chateau Lobby (3) - farside22, Porkens, Looker
ManateeDude (2) - Battle Mage, Morning Tweet
Looker (2) - Bingle, Titus
Porkens (1) - Chateau Lobby
Titus (1) - TrueSoulEnergy
Bingle (1) - Starbuck

Not voting: Iconeum, ManateeDude

With 12 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 5 will end in (expired on 2020-07-04 00:40:00) or when an elimination is reached.

Iconeum is V/LA until June 29th.

Titus is V/LA until June 28th at minimum.

Titus is V/LA until June 28th at minimum.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2185, Battle Mage wrote:Sorry but pushing me as scum because I haven't posted
So now that you can be clear about some of your crumbs and claims, you may want to lay some out clearly.

I was hoping that you'd be a bit more forthcoming or, at least, talk about how you feel regarding each player now that you don't need to worry about the post restriction.
In post 2189, farside22 wrote:Still don't have a high opinion of him. Just finished a game with him where he never explained his scum reads and just trolled alot. I would think he would say more when trying to reach out to him but he was non-responsive.
So Meh. He at least followed me onto scum unlike some people who think that was a bad idea.
+1 about the recently finished game.
In post 2213, Titus wrote:VOTE: Looker
Baaah....
I think you already know this is bad, but I know you have personal stuff going on, too. So take the time, feel better, and come back. Hopefully, with a better vote, please.

In post 2219, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2201, Starbuck wrote:
In post 2193, farside22 wrote:Starbuck: Do me a favor and target Titus tonight (do you get a conformation if it works?)
No confirmation if it works, unfortunately.
would your role turn somebody scum into town?
No, it's definitely not a recruitment style mechanic. I can't just recruit folks over to the Town. It just takes away whatever powers someone had.

I'm already voting him, but Bingle's 2221 is so much WIFOM, it hurts.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2237, Chateau Lobby wrote:@porkens
I know this is at Porkens, but I'd appreciate some contribution from you.
In post 2241, Looker wrote:Starbuck's saying my Activity Report is "abysmal", but she's overlooking some things:
I'm a replacement.
I don't spam-post ANYWHERE on mafiascum
She didn't say that there was something I missed that she'd like me to address.
As someone who is also a replacement, don't use that excuse with me.

I don't think there's anything you've missed, but there's been a lot of good conversation and hashing things out that you just aren't participating in and that's troubling to me.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Chateau Lobby »

In post 2246, Starbuck wrote:
In post 2237, Chateau Lobby wrote:@porkens
I know this is at Porkens, but I'd appreciate some contribution from you.
Right now I'm just flabbergasted that people are just trusting the words of the dead scum and other theories that say scum has 1 NK.

N1 was weird all around with the lynchproof etc. So something like that could explain the no N1 kill.

N2 and N3 there were kills.

N4 was another NK but maybe that can be explained by OTHER factors. i.e. roleblocks, protectives etc...

Looking at HB's role pm, there is nothing that indicates a 1-shot scum nk.

Then the only lead on "Aliens" is from the dead scum who apparently knows all roles and I personally would not be surprised if thats pure scum led WIFOM.

So what does that leave us with to go on?

VCA seems like a nice jumping off point. VCA points solely towards scum!porkens but VCA is not very reliable either so who knows.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Porkens »

Explain your vca
Chateau Lobby
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Chateau Lobby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Chateau Lobby »

In post 2248, Porkens wrote:Explain your vca
Your positioning on the HB wagon is what flags me. Manatee's hammer could very well be a scum move too.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”