Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1296, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1293, Gammagooey wrote:we'll see
as a heads-up I'm voting Blair for literally nothing more than "she doesn't look very town yet and she smoked me last game" so if you have an actual reason to think she's scum that'd be cool to hear
if you're still reading the game, I'd prefer if you form your own opinions based on your reading than have me affect them with my own analysis
uuuuugh fair i guess

I'm on page 26 atm but I did some chunks of isos of people when I hit what felt like a wall of mostly noise-posting somewhere between pages 10 and 20
I'm also now reading a few chunks of what I'm going to call SPICY posting right around ABR saying he was lying about scumreading VPB

I still don't think I have a ton more to add and probably won't be fully caught up until Wednesday (work tomorrow is going to be a long ass day), but a few more thoughts before I peace out for the night.
-MT has ok town reads but still no actual serious vote I can find up to where I'm at? I know MT just finished a very well played scum game recently and I don't really like just the lack of townvibes from her early posting, but I'm prob biased since I'm just using my limited reading+memory of that one game as a reference. Her thoughts on Auro so far I don't particularly care about atm but I do think seeing if/when/how they change when the wagons get more serious
-iamausername feels town earlygame, the hop off Auro here
In post 544, iamausername wrote:UNVOTE: Auro
VOTE: VP Baltar

lost my taste for the Auro wagon right around .

in other news, AGar has now thoroughly ingratiated himself into my town reads - can't imagine coming from scum - there are clear benefits for scum to not alerting everyone to the source of the misunderstanding, pretty much regardless of Blair/Starbuck alignments.
just feels gut-town to me for some reason
-I keep forgetting every read Puppy has every time I go back to thinking about him which is maybe my fault more than his but that plus him joining Blair on hopping onto ABR gives me a little bit of heeby jeebies

yeah that's it for now
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1319, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1315, Morning Tweet wrote:If Pork is scum here, that'd mean he actually faked 50. Is that even possible?
In post 1, Vi wrote:1) A Revelation. Some players begin the game with additional information about the game setup.
All but one of these players are Town-aligned.
Players that have additional information are not considered power roles and will not flip differently from how they otherwise would.
It would be a helluva gambit, but I don't necessarily think he gambited. I think he's the non-town aligned player.
Ah, I suppose you're right he would claim it that way regardless of alignment. It's also technically feasible a scum player informed the rest of the scumteam how to fake claim revelations

I was thinking a town member knowing a 50/50 already would be reeaally strong (and much more if it were two town members!). I also had a thought recently that for scum to win, they probably need to fake revelations since most revelations come from town.

VP makes a decent point that this is a bad play by scum!Starbuck since they already lost a team member, though. I was kinda thinking maybe it was feasible since that's two free mislynches if we follow her but even then it seems unlikely.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

unvote

I'm not going to vote Porkens right now because I don't want the day to end but consider my vote on him spiritually

I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally like it if we could hold off on the actual execution until Gamma has read up etc

gamma is one of my favorite people and I'd like to actually play part of a game with him because one of us keeps dying in games were in together and it's frustrating
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I missed the claim on the last page

Between Porkens/farside atm I'd definitely vote farside. I don't think ABR would get exactly the same type of revelation that Starbuck is claiming unless there is a LARGE amount of scum in this game because that would feel awful to deal with as scum but I don't think Starbuck makes this up whole cloth as scum.

I'll read some more tomorrow
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1328, Gammagooey wrote:Between Porkens/farside atm I'd definitely vote farside.
okay I'll spoiler it for you Porkens hardpushed a counterwagon to the flipped scum (Auro) on the flipped town (ABR) when Auro was at L-1

Auro and Blair declared that my putting the now-flipped scum (Auro) at L-2 was bad and I was therefore scum. my analysis was that Auro was likely scum *because* of the attempted counterwagon on ABR and I was very incredibly right about both of their alignments so yeah that pile of slots sucks real hard and all should be 100% marked for death and they can kiss my grits
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1326, Morning Tweet wrote:VP makes a decent point that this is a bad play by scum!Starbuck since they already lost a team member, though. I was kinda thinking maybe it was feasible since that's two free mislynches if we follow her but even then it seems unlikely.
i almost think it wouldn't be a bad play for scum!starbuck to set up two mislynches in a row of townies, even though it would result in her lynch on D4. you end up waking up on D5 in a (likely) 2:7 configuration (assuming no other kills), with hardly any scum associations to go off since d2/d3/d4 is essentially just going through the motions.

nightkills of the three best/most obv townies + two mislynches on fairly universally townread players (porkens/farside) + three low-information day phases is more than adequate compensation for your own lynch on D4.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1300, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1293, Gammagooey wrote:He seemed p. right about Auro from what I've read up to so far - what was he wrong about? (aside from his Reck thoughts, Reck being lazier than his former self is a truth he was unaware of)
Well he was clearly wrong about me for starters and contributed to that uphill fight for Auro for some time.

I also recall he was scum reading puppy, which I found myself disagreeing with.

I think the whole "solve the entire game" approach to D1 was counterproductive and contributed to a bloated D1. But hey, pobody's nerfect
this post screams town imo, that plus the fact he was run up yesterday to me means VPB is basically town

i thought his MT case was good too, i want to go back and look at all the posts he pointed out and see if i actually agree with it. MT's entrance this page was fairly good too, so sorting out a read here is my homework

porkens looks town to me, i had that thought yesterday before reading the flip and again after. auro's scum theater was so over the top that i don't think it comes from scum v scum, if porkens was scum with auro it would have been way easier to do just about anything else
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

hoopla, maybe this isn't a question uve researched but since uve talked about research

any thoughts on when scum is most likely to hop on a bus? L-1? L-2? hammer? i guess it kinda doesn't matter, but i'm trying to figure out how much the auro wagon has scum and how much the off wagons have scum
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

hoopla, maybe this isn't a question uve researched but since uve talked about research

any thoughts on when scum is most likely to hop on a bus? L-1? L-2? hammer? i guess it kinda doesn't matter, but i'm trying to figure out how much the auro wagon has scum and how much the off wagons have scum
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1329, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1328, Gammagooey wrote:Between Porkens/farside atm I'd definitely vote farside.
okay I'll spoiler it for you Porkens hardpushed a counterwagon to the flipped scum (Auro) on the flipped town (ABR) when Auro was at L-1

Auro and Blair declared that my putting the now-flipped scum (Auro) at L-2 was bad and I was therefore scum. my analysis was that Auro was likely scum *because* of the attempted counterwagon on ABR and I was very incredibly right about both of their alignments so yeah that pile of slots sucks real hard and all should be 100% marked for death and they can kiss my grits
I want to understand. Why do you think my stated motivation for hard pushing the wagon on ABR?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

What do you think my stated motivation was?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1330, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1326, Morning Tweet wrote:VP makes a decent point that this is a bad play by scum!Starbuck since they already lost a team member, though. I was kinda thinking maybe it was feasible since that's two free mislynches if we follow her but even then it seems unlikely.
i almost think it wouldn't be a bad play for scum!starbuck to set up two mislynches in a row of townies, even though it would result in her lynch on D4. you end up waking up on D5 in a (likely) 2:7 configuration (assuming no other kills), with hardly any scum associations to go off since d2/d3/d4 is essentially just going through the motions.

nightkills of the three best/most obv townies + two mislynches on fairly universally townread players (porkens/farside) + three low-information day phases is more than adequate compensation for your own lynch on D4.
Yeah I guess that does set up two days of mislynches. However, if we started with starbuck we’d rule that out and have a 50/50 tomorrow at worst. I don’t love that option because I think that fact actually makes it a shitty gambit, but I also don’t like the two days of mislynches either

VOTE: unvote hrm.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Blair »

Gamma! :D
In post 1276, Gammagooey wrote:VENGEANCE
VOTE: Blair
For context (from Mini Normal 2141, my previous game with Gamma):
In post 944, Blair wrote:Consider this a trial-run of the Blair System™

The Blair System™ lynches Gammagooey Day 2. It's a good system. It has never failed.

The best thing about blindly following any system like BS™ is that you no longer have to trouble yourself with petty things like "reasons" or "explanations" you can just BS™ your way to endgame.
Gamma flipped scum, and the Blair System™ remains 100% accurate.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I’m not starting with Starbuck.

What a horrible gambit if she’s scum.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1303, Starbuck wrote:I was reading VPB as town the whole time. If anyone was obvtown yesterday, it was him. When I started reading how town he was coming off, I figured ABR had something up his sleeve so I was waiting to see where he was going with it. He nailed Auro early and worked his ass off to get us a scum lynch on Day 1. I wholeheartedly appreciate that he could see through all the noise to get us that, even if Auro was pretty obvious in his scumminess anyways. I was really starting to question his invitation to the game if he had flipped town. ABR's death is not in vain and we will avenge him.

Given that last-minute push onto him, I think there's scum in the 3 of Porkens, Blair, and CLAP. Of the 3, I think Porkens because his tantrum felt fabricated, he was all over the place, and it was like he was trying to redeem himself with that hammer. I'm very happy with my Porkens vote and I think y'all should join me.
Alright, I’m pretty sure starbuck is scum here. Her play yesterday does nothing to suggest she had any such information from day 1. She makes no attempt to sort farside at all, I don’t think she evens mentions her. She doesn’t say boo about me till the end of the day with the AVPBR wagons. Finally, why even hold that information day one at all? What if she were the nightkill, then that info does with her? Doesn’t make sense for town.

VOTE: starbuck
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1306, Starbuck wrote:Go ahead, the bit of information that I received is one of you or farside are scum. I think it's you. So no, my vote isn't moving and you shouldn't be been so obvscum yesterday with your reactionary stances.
I believe this.

Consider my vote spiritually on Porkens. (Not sure how close we are to hammer, can't be bothered to check)
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Oh and in that quote she says she’s pretty sure there is scum in Blair, clap, or me. No mention of farside whatsoever.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1340, Blair wrote:
In post 1306, Starbuck wrote:Go ahead, the bit of information that I received is one of you or farside are scum. I think it's you. So no, my vote isn't moving and you shouldn't be been so obvscum yesterday with your reactionary stances.
I believe this.

Consider my vote spiritually on Porkens. (Not sure how close we are to hammer, can't be bothered to check)
This was a revelation she had from day 1, right? So why not out it say 1?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1342, Porkens wrote:
In post 1340, Blair wrote:
I believe this.

This was a revelation she had from day 1, right? So why not out it say 1?
@Starbuck

Any breadcrumbs?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Like why even pull this gambit when there’s already pro-porkens-lynch sentiment among the ranks? Smart play as scum would be to put the 50/50 on two players who aren’t already (or likely to be) widely suspected.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

^^^ to respond to the “maybe Starbuck-scum truthers”
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

I don't know. If she can give a good reason why she kept it secret yesterday, I could unvote just because it is such a bad gambit if that's the case.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1334, Porkens wrote:
In post 1329, Untrod Tripod wrote:

I want to understand. Why do you think my stated motivation for hard pushing the wagon on ABR?
man you look so catastrophically bad here after those two flips that I want to say it's so that you could point at that and say "why would I do something that makes me look so catastrophically bad?"
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

like, I don't know if scum have daytalk here, but after seeing Auro be so weird and full of himself it makes me wonder if it was some bizarre contrivance he came up with because it would be a "big play" and you went along with it because you wanted to do something splashy

I don't know

I'm just calling it like I see it, and what I see is you tried to force a counterwagon to a flipped scum
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

Pod, I dig all of that, but that "big play" never pays off in any universe. I'm not trying to be difficult, just say in your own words, IF IM TOWN, what was I doing and why, just as I've stated it? You don't have to believe it, just articulate it, please, so I know I've made myself understood.

----

I know I made a shitshow of yesterday, but I think if you look at my "reactions," as Starbuck put it, you will see they were founded in a real strange ABR behavior. NOW I UNDERSTAND it was a gimmick, but I did not believe so yesterday. My bad. I am sorry for quick hammering, and I'm even sorrier if I get my town ass lynched today for it.

As for my self defense I would never hammer my team's tracker. I can't think of what would be worth that trade. On the same token, I would not hard defend my scum partner day 1, even if they were a tracker as it's basically handing town a two-for-one. I was trying to stand up to against what I perceived to be ABR masterminding. That's all.

Again, if Starbuck can give a decent explanation as to why she would hide the revelation that either me or far side is scum from day one, I'll switch. I could also buy that it was some kind of town gambit to shake the tree and see what falls. In any of the cases, I'm not scum, and if I was, I'd be keeping my stupid head down rather than gathering all the attention upon myself. In the game MT posted, that's what happened - I lurked and camped my vote until I got called out on it and then I had to bullshit my way our of a Lynch, which I did with more bullshit. I don't know why it worked, I don't claim much credit for it; I feel I did the only thing that I could.

This game I was widely townread all the way up to my confrontation with ABR. How many votes were on Auro when I exploded at ABR? 1? 2? That's not a last-ditch effort to save my scum partner. That's me focusing on ABR and VPB. Again, it had shit all to do with Auro.

Anyway, at least do me this favor so I don't feel quite so shitty about this game. If you decide you are going to Lynch me, just keep that a spiritual wagon until you've squeezed out everything out of the game. Read for both contingencies: pork scum and pork town. Just do me that favor, pretty please.

anyway, ill check this after I brush my teeth but otherwise goodnight.

-oink

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”