CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

VOTE: farside

it should be obvious that any investigative roles should be on pork/starbuck tonight
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 1367, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1360, iamausername wrote:for the record, before Starbuck dropped her revelation, i was thinking a lynchpool of {Blair, Puppy, Morning Tweet, iamausername} was a very reasonable way for the day to go, following yesterday's events, with Blair being the choice from that pool that i'd be backing. i reread overnight in light of Auro's flip, and Blair very much comes off as scum expecting the day to drift inexorably to a VP Baltar lynch and panicking when ABR pulled the rug out from under her.
why blair? if blair was scum she could have done a lot more to push vpb instead of passively sitting by, do you think blair is the kind of person who would let a scummate die by passively sitting by? i kinda want to meet this alternate reality blair, she sounds nice :P
'passively sitting by' accurately describes Blair's behaviour right up until the point ABR shifted momentum from VPB to Auro, at which point Blair was suddenly very eager to push an ABR wagon.

i'm saying she was happy to let a
town
player (VPB) die by passively sitting by, where i think a town Blair who didn't think VPB or Auro were scum would have done a lot more to push, like, any alternative well before that point.

anyway, all of this is immaterial right now because we're either lynching Porkens or farside today.

VOTE: farside

is the one that stuck out the most to me in iso reads. it's like "hey buddy, here's what you need to do so i have an excuse to get off your wagon". her iso in general gives the impression that she really wants to vote for Auro but really doesn't want Auro to actually be lynched.
while Porkens iso, in general, gives the impression that he doesn't know what the fuck to think.

and i know which one i can relate to more as a town mindset.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1399, Porkens wrote:Now that I believe starbuck that’s where I’m at
What changed your mind specifically?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1359, farside22 wrote:Also I don't see anything scummy with SB.
What was your actual read on SB yesterday and how did you arrive at that read?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Very interested in hearing from MT and Blair.
YOUR AD HERE

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Porkens »

Her explanation this morning of why she withheld her information makes sense. She did make an effort to sort farside, and townread her theough the end of the day (I believe). She had an associative read from ABR that made her less likely to be nightkilled, and she didn’t want to define day one with her revelation.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1400, CantHateAPuppy wrote:it should be obvious that any investigative roles should be on pork/starbuck tonight
what
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Sorry, let me include context:
In post 1400, CantHateAPuppy wrote:VOTE: farside
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1367, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1360, iamausername wrote:for the record, before Starbuck dropped her revelation, i was thinking a lynchpool of {Blair, Puppy, Morning Tweet, iamausername} was a very reasonable way for the day to go, following yesterday's events, with Blair being the choice from that pool that i'd be backing. i reread overnight in light of Auro's flip, and Blair very much comes off as scum expecting the day to drift inexorably to a VP Baltar lynch and panicking when ABR pulled the rug out from under her.
why blair? if blair was scum she could have done a lot more to push vpb instead of passively sitting by, do you think blair is the kind of person who would let a scummate die by passively sitting by? i kinda want to meet this alternate reality blair, she sounds nice :P
I believe the working theory on Blair is that she expected the VP lynch to go through, or at the very least wouldn't have expected the Auro lynch to go off like that. If she believed that, then she wouldn't need to get VP's blood on her hands. You seem to be missing that part

1102/1138 are good crumbs by Starbuck i think. I believe it was always her plan to reveal this, at least with regards to Pork
In post 1385, Porkens wrote:I have no revelation. 4 town is two mislynches and two nightkills.
what the heck was the role PM comment earlier then?! Oh. Nevermind.
In post 1404, VP Baltar wrote:Very interested in hearing from MT and Blair.
hi VP!! (>ω<)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1408, Morning Tweet wrote:hi VP!! (>ω<)
Since you believe Starbuck, who do you prefer lynching today, Porkens or Farside?
YOUR AD HERE

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Porkens »

My role PM has a different little phrase than the example at the top. That made me think it was perhaps a clue to the hidden mechanic. That’s all I was referring to.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1406, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1400, CantHateAPuppy wrote:it should be obvious that any investigative roles should be on pork/starbuck tonight
what
In post 1407, Green Crayons wrote:Sorry, let me include context:
In post 1400, CantHateAPuppy wrote:VOTE: farside
if starbuck is scum getting two mislynches in, it'd be nice to know tomorrow instead of waiting through two mislynches. (though i hope farside just flips scum)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1408, Morning Tweet wrote:I believe the working theory on Blair is that she expected the VP lynch to go through, or at the very least wouldn't have expected the Auro lynch to go off like that. If she believed that, then she wouldn't need to get VP's blood on her hands. You seem to be missing that part
if blair was scum wanting a mislynch, she could have been a lot more active to get that mislynch. i don't think blair is the kind of person who would sit by passively and watch her positoin crumble (vpb and gammagooey can back me up on this point), so i think its a misreading to look at blair like that

i think that's enough blair defense since at some point blair has to come in and defend herself
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1401, iamausername wrote:'passively sitting by' accurately describes Blair's behaviour right up until the point ABR shifted momentum from VPB to Auro, at which point Blair was suddenly very eager to push an ABR wagon.
This is a mischaracterization for a couple (important) reasons:

1. I wasn't "passive" about VP Baltar. I was loudly townreading him and openly whinging about how dumb the wagon was. The only aspect of this you could characterize as passive was my lack of a compelling alternative (although I was pushing Starbuck pretty hard for a while there, which everyone but you seems to remember vividly).

2. I didn't become "suddenly very eager to push an ABR wagon" in response to ABR pushing Auro (ABR had pushed between VP Baltar and Auro multiple times already, I only reacted with a vote once). I became "suddenly eager" because it was the first case someone other than me put forward that I could get excited about. The causal relationship is pretty clear here - if I just wanted to punish ABR for pushing Auro it would have happened much earlier in the phase, as ABR pushed Auro many times.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1412, CantHateAPuppy wrote:if blair was scum wanting a mislynch, she could have been a lot more active to get that mislynch. i don't think blair is the kind of person who would sit by passively and watch her positoin crumble (vpb and gammagooey can back me up on this point), so i think its a misreading to look at blair like that

i think that's enough blair defense since at some point blair has to come in and defend herself
On face, I'd agree with you. My sample size with Blair is one game though, so idk. I can see a world where scum sits back on a probable mislynch to bank town cred later. That's effectively what Gamma and I did during the NPOM lynch in that game.

Anyhow, Blair can give us her own perspective.

Pedit- and she has!
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1412, CantHateAPuppy wrote:if blair was scum wanting a mislynch, she could have been a lot more active to get that mislynch. i don't think blair is the kind of person who would sit by passively and watch her positoin crumble (vpb and gammagooey can back me up on this point), so i think its a misreading to look at blair like that
Self-meta is gross, but I will agree here that scum!Blair probably wouldn't have voted for scum!Auro in the first place (which I did) - I already had an adequate null/town-lean progression on Auro, I could have gotten away with never voting for him.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1409, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1408, Morning Tweet wrote:hi VP!! (>ω<)
Since you believe Starbuck, who do you prefer lynching today, Porkens or Farside?
If Pork is scum I'll snap for good

Farside I lightly town leaned early yesterday but I snap reacted to her unfairness towards Auro by putting her down a tier and I just kept her in my PoE throughout. Kinda awkward

there's a couple things i'm thinking about, Hoopla I think brought up that if Starbuck makes this play as scum, she gets 2 mislynches and 3 nightkills in exchange for her life (assuming she can pull off lynching both). I believe her crumbs, though and I'm taking others' words for her attempting to sort farside atm which would mean she'd have to have planned out this play not just from end of day yesterday, but from the
very start
. Which is impossible for scum, surely

ideally i'd like to reread farside and Starbuck before voting but it hasnt happened yet
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1413, Blair wrote:ABR pushed Auro many times.
Were there particular instances of ABR pushing Auto you saw before he refused to L-1 me?

I didn't really get a sense he was making a serious push on Auro until that moment.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I will be truly happy when I don't have to fix every phone Auro auto correct from Auto.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Blair »

ABR was pushing both you and Auro simultaneously for a long time, no?

I can't give you specific instances because, honestly, I don't remember them. What I do remember is Albert shrieking about how he wanted both of as competing wagons for several pages. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1415, Blair wrote:
Self-meta is gross, but I will agree here that scum!Blair probably wouldn't have voted for scum!Auro in the first place (which I did) - I already had an adequate null/town-lean progression on Auro, I could have gotten away with never voting for him.
Essentially, I don't think scum!Me makes this vote on scum!Auro:
In post 1033, Blair wrote:
In post 1025, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1022, Blair wrote:But I hate both of them. :(
*shrug*

you've had your chances throughout the day to convince the town on your pet read, and you didn't. you can always try again tomorrow.

from your ISO, it looks like you favour VP as town and Auro as "
confusing
" - confusing is good enough.
I guess I'd be ok with pressing a claim out of Auro, we can decide where to go from there.

VOTE: Auro
I will freely admit I moved this vote in my next post a while later, but that would be a pretty awkward thing to plan? Considering I had already established myself as comfortably opposed to the Auro wagon, why make this post at all?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yes, the shrieking was significant. I guess my point is that he was pushing my wagon much more thoroughly and then just sort of tacking Auro on as a second choice. So I'm curious where you felt like he was actually pushing Auro rather than just saying "VPB or Auro"
YOUR AD HERE

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 am

Post by iamausername »

yeah sure. my characterisation of your d1 play was highly reductionist, fine.

why Porkens over farside?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Blair »

VP Baltar wrote:Yes, the shrieking was significant. I guess my point is that he was pushing my wagon much more thoroughly and then just sort of tacking Auro on as a second choice. So I'm curious where you felt like he was actually pushing Auro rather than just saying "VPB or Auro"
When he's hounding everyone to vote within his PoE, "VP or Auro" is significant.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1422, iamausername wrote:yeah sure. my characterisation of your d1 play was highly reductionist, fine.

why Porkens over farside?
Porkens is the one who actually did enter the thread at an opportune moment and begin loudly promoting a new counterwagon.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”