Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 263, Nahdia wrote:as i said to midway, no, 188 isn't towny. scum will often back down and try to appear cordial. not saying town can't too, but i can 100% see that coming from scum!beeboy if my assessment up till then had been correct.
i feel like scum continue pushing that tho?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:49 am

Post by votato »

In post 273, Dunnstral wrote:My eyes are drawn to my name like a moth is drawn to a flame which provokes a primal rage that makes me not read the surrounding posts. Why are you talking about yourself like that in that post?

It's almost like that post was meant for somebody else to post...
You're being silly. I pretty frequently include myself in early game read lists and say i townread myself
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:50 am

Post by votato »

as for the part of my realist directed at you I'm not sure what i meant tbh. You're in my townpile, and i think you were at that point too
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Nahdia »

skitter30 wrote:
In post 263, Nahdia wrote:as i said to midway, no, 188 isn't towny. scum will often back down and try to appear cordial. not saying town can't too, but i can 100% see that coming from scum!beeboy if my assessment up till then had been correct.
i feel like scum continue pushing that tho?
eh. ive seen scum bend over in an effort to look pro-town because they're arguing nicely. ive seen scum be stubborn with their pushes.
votato wrote:as for the part of my realist directed at you I'm not sure what i meant tbh. You're in my townpile, and i think you were at that point too
you called someone in your townpile logically scum?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:57 am

Post by votato »

i think the logical conclusion was that dunn was scum but the logic was wrong? I think i posted that before going into a meeting yesterday and may have hit submit prematurely. It doesn't make sense
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 264, votato wrote:I'm not the only one getting funky vibe from tux am i? You feel a little bit different here tux. I haven't seen you analyze the minutiae of peoples posts to this extent before
Seeing all the votes I've collected the answer would be pretty obviously no. Morning Tweet has also expressed having a different feeling.

As I said playing with you before is that I call things as I see them. Maybe it was a leap but as I was reading the thread it was what came to mind looking at Beeboy's posts. Based on feedback I've been getting lately I might just be in a slump of being very bad in this game.

What is it about this player list and style of game that you find so enjoyable?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 244, Kanna wrote:can you elaborate on votato?
It's nothing strong, just a gut ping, and they already addressed it because it was in my intro. Votato likes playing scum, and they feel very engaged in and energized this game so far.

Though I will say I've only played with/caught scum Votato once and that was because of how little they cared for the game we were playing. This game is also very fast-paced so far, so it is probably enjoyable as either alignment.

The only other thing that pings me about them is they seem very aware of looking engaged (happy scum) in this game because they immediately responded to me saying that it was NAI with this playerlist. But that could just be because they know I know they prefer scum, and saw what I was getting at. But it's still digging at me.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:44 am

Post by votato »

In post 280, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 264, votato wrote:I'm not the only one getting funky vibe from tux am i? You feel a little bit different here tux. I haven't seen you analyze the minutiae of peoples posts to this extent before
Seeing all the votes I've collected the answer would be pretty obviously no. Morning Tweet has also expressed having a different feeling.

As I said playing with you before is that I call things as I see them. Maybe it was a leap but as I was reading the thread it was what came to mind looking at Beeboy's posts. Based on feedback I've been getting lately I might just be in a slump of being very bad in this game.

What is it about this player list and style of game that you find so enjoyable?
The people are fun and play similarly to me. A few people were in the last few games too. The game is active and it only semi feels like day 1. It's lighthearted and people scum read me. I enjoy all of that.

Also how should i have responded to your question about enjoying the game? Had i not said it was nai you'd think i was scum for enjoying the game. Since i said it you think im scum for pointing it out. That's conf bias
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 256, beeboy wrote:
In post 241, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Besides all that.
I have town pings from MT, Lilith, and Kanna.

Votato and Nahdia aren't sitting right with me.
Why do you scum read the person pushing me and town read the people pushing you. Excluding Votato obviously

It's just rather odd that you seem to be ok with that. Can you elaborate on this a bit?
Well since every single player has joined in to call me wrong for my suspicions of you, it is at the very least NAI to disagree with me.

As for specifics, when it comes to the Dunnstral, Lilith, Skitter, Votato early wagon group, I think Lilith comes out looking the best. MT feels like town MT I've played with before, even if hurts to be on receiving end of their wrath (I do feel intimidated Hectic). Kanna gives me tonal pings, and it might be influenced that they seem to be the first player I seem to have gotten through to somewhat this game. Which might not be the best reason, but it feels good to be seen.

Nahdia seems to be talking about out of both sides of their mouth. They seem to agree with everyone my Beeboy case was trash, yet they go after you for how you respond to it. It felt weird, but their elaboration since has felt better.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 282, votato wrote:Also how should i have responded to your question about enjoying the game? Had i not said it was nai you'd think i was scum for enjoying the game. Since i said it you think im scum for pointing it out. That's conf bias
That's fair. I guess I more expected town you do something goofy? Even encourage me scum reading you for it? Instead, you gave a bland serious answer.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 am

Post by votato »

a few things have me in a less playful mood the last few days. Sorry. You know i appreciate your universal scum read of me. But actually your last few posts make me think you're town. If you want we could try going back to the good old days of townblocking. I'm gonna town read you at any rate
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 285, votato wrote:a few things have me in a less playful mood the last few days. Sorry. You know i appreciate your universal scum read of me. But actually your last few posts make me think you're town. If you want we could try going back to the good old days of townblocking. I'm gonna town read you at any rate
The townblock where we barely stop ourselves from killing the other all game? You do have such a sweet way with words when you want to be. We'll see.

Wanna give me the rundown on Clover?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:51 am

Post by votato »

clover did the thing where he assumed people were town. he's commented on other people's gamesolving, but hasnt actually done any himself. he also sheeped onto your wagon pretty opportunistically. overall theres nothing townie about the slot but a few things that strike me as off. he said he wants to "explore you" a bit more, but hasnt done anything to explore you or prod you or anything. hes just kinda floating by.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:51 am

Post by votato »

and i remember back in our first games together before lovers mafia we townbloc'd. or maybe it was just on my end.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 am

Post by votato »

in any case for a few games since lovers mafia ive felt that you were really skeptical of me and i scumread you for your weird attitude. now im not sure if im getting used to it or what, but im not getting the same vibe from you. and i dont think its because youre scum
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 231, lilith2013 wrote:I think it's hard to articulate why this kind of defense feels so off to me - but basically I feel like this is the kind of defense I'd try to make as scum, where I'm trying to stop a wagon but I don't really give AI reasons that someone shouldn't be wagoned (maybe you remember [redacted]?). Clover's appealing to me to "tunnel less" (when I don't think I'm tunneling at all...) instead of trying to convince me why Dunnstral's town. Also I think "that's so much early game when really it isn't needed at all" is also a horrible argument for why someone wouldn't be scum, along the same lines as "that'd be a bad play as scum."

To sum up, I just feel parallels between that post and a post I would make as scum trying to derail a wagon.
Well Lilith, the thing is I am not you and what you would do as scum is probably much different than what I would do as scum. Otherwise the game would be down to a science no? Plus the whole base of your point is wrong to begin with!

I do feel like you were tunneling on Dunnstral maybe you don’t, but those are my feelings on the matter. I already explained in my post on skitter about that. Why do you think that’s scummy though? Plus, I did explain why I think Dunnstral is towny you just didn’t like the reason/think it was AI. Of course, I could give you more reasons on why Dunnstral is towny beside his early game posts but that’d be a lie. I don’t have anything else to really base it on. I think his content is fine, but to say it’s super towny besides what I’ve said would be false.
In post 231, lilith2013 wrote:re: "seeming quite angry" I think you'll find that's just how I react to people trying to snark at me?
What reasons do you think I'm making up to support scumreading dunnstral? and if so, why are you townreading me?
Are you trying to say that you're not angry/being sassy in return to him? Because that's how I'm taking it and normally when someone is angry they want someone to be scum so normally points that wouldn't be scummy you look at as scummy. (hence tunneling) For example:
In post 86, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 77, Dunnstral wrote:You're really hanging onto that 'he shaded my vote' huh
I don’t think it comes from a town mindset to see a naked vote and not ask why. I think it can come from a scum mindset to see a naked vote and try to shade me to make my vote seem less credible, without actually asking me to expound on my vote.

I could say the same for you on the whole “fake persona” thing
This post for example is just trying to find scummy things that aren't really scummy to begin with imo. The naked vote thing for example happens by...just a lot of people normally. It's not really a thing and Dunnstral doing that doesn't really prove much one way or the other.

Now then! I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. :) What's your read on: Nahdia/Tux if any. How do you feel about Tux vs Beeboy
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 241, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Hmm, I just don't know how else to express it. Like if you reread the game in context the wagon is forming on Dunn on page 1, and they aren't RVS votes. Beeboy makes an entrance on page 2, but says nothing. Doesn't even RVS vote. They post again at the end of page 3, only to reintroduce their entrance post. Content doesn't come from them till page 4. It's just so weird like he is there watching the game unfold but not commenting on anything, while the game seemed clearly passed RVS.
Has Beeboys posts that now have content in them (or more so than before) changed your mind on the slot at all? I get what you're saying to an extent and while that looks bad on paper I find a hard time believing that's what beeboy was trying to do? Like it just seems unlikely to me.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 am

Post by beeboy »

@Votato my thing is for someone that enjoys this style of game I feel like you aren't engaging in any of the "battles" that are going on. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a more passive player or taking a passive approach to the game it just seems odd earlier you hyped yourself up for it.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 250, Nahdia wrote:
Link to VC on this page.

In post 187, Nahdia wrote:
beeboy wrote:I don't think these are complex thoughts either yet they make your argument come across as incredibly flawed. And now your centering all your content around this 1v1.
beeboy this feels like a huuuuuuge stretch. i actually agree with your initial assessment of tuxedo mask's case but you engaged Tux; why is it scummy for him to focus on responding to you?
In post 188, beeboy wrote:
In post 187, Nahdia wrote:beeboy this feels like a huuuuuuge stretch. i actually agree with your initial assessment of tuxedo mask's case but you engaged Tux; why is it scummy for him to focus on responding to you?
No your right it isn't, I am getting upset and tunneling him because I see things clearly other people arent. Sorry I'll give him space.
In post 189, Nahdia wrote:...who isn't seeing it?
This sums up my vote on beeboy. The logic doesn't make him look bad, but beeboy's attitude does. beeboy engages tux, tux responds to beeboy, and suddenly beeboy is smearing him as "centering all his content around this 1v1" (I explained why this doesn't make sense) and he's frustrating because "I see things clearly other people aren't" (the exchange had literally just begun virtually no one else checking in).

It reads like he's trying to conjure towny frustration but it doesn't seem at all appropriate to the situation. The mindset isn't right.
I got light town pings from beeboy because of the frustration because it seemed real to me. In the game I've played with beeboy before he was cool as a cucumber. Do you think he's likely to fake this anger because it's something 'town' him most do as scum? I suppose you could make an argument for saying beeboy wouldn't get mad at scum but the main problem I have is the pretense that he's faking this and that's just not how I took it.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 281, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 244, Kanna wrote:can you elaborate on votato?
It's nothing strong, just a gut ping, and they already addressed it because it was in my intro. Votato likes playing scum, and they feel very engaged in and energized this game so far.

Though I will say I've only played with/caught scum Votato once and that was because of how little they cared for the game we were playing. This game is also very fast-paced so far, so it is probably enjoyable as either alignment.

The only other thing that pings me about them is they seem very aware of looking engaged (happy scum) in this game because they immediately responded to me saying that it was NAI with this playerlist. But that could just be because they know I know they prefer scum, and saw what I was getting at. But it's still digging at me.
Would you vote Votato if it came down to it? I am asking for...reasons.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 287, votato wrote:clover did the thing where he assumed people were town. he's commented on other people's gamesolving, but hasnt actually done any himself. he also sheeped onto your wagon pretty opportunistically. overall theres nothing townie about the slot but a few things that strike me as off. he said he wants to "explore you" a bit more, but hasnt done anything to explore you or prod you or anything. hes just kinda floating by.
I know I've already asked this but I will again: What's wrong with assuming people are town? Let's just ignore the fact that is my playstyle and let me just ask what the issue with that is. Yes, I am assuming people I am townreading are town. Also I feel like I've been game solving plenty! Maybe not as fast paced but it would be a lie to say I'm not trying to solve :(
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:06 am

Post by beeboy »

I'm mind melding with tux on his other reads and that is bothering me a lot. Outside Nahdia I think their push on me is realistic but wrong, their opening matches a 1 note DM where we agreed our old playstyle were overwelming. Neither of which make Nahdia town but they both justify what they have done.

But we both agree Kanna and MT are playing like town and we both are getting pings from Votato without overly getting a scum read. And we have similar meta pools on all 3 players. Albeit I could be giving Kanna needless space due to noughts and crosses and I may just get slapped one day because of that.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:08 am

Post by votato »

In post 292, beeboy wrote:@Votato my thing is for someone that enjoys this style of game I feel like you aren't engaging in any of the "battles" that are going on. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a more passive player or taking a passive approach to the game it just seems odd earlier you hyped yourself up for it.
thats interesting. someone else called me out for scumreading all the wagons. i feel like ive been pretty active.

pedit: a townread on kanna? i feel like kanna hasnt done anything yet. explain that?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 am

Post by midwaybear »

I don't really get votato's read on tux. It seems to me like he is calling him out for not playing like town tux, but also not willing to call him scum.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 297, votato wrote:
In post 292, beeboy wrote:@Votato my thing is for someone that enjoys this style of game I feel like you aren't engaging in any of the "battles" that are going on. I don't think there is anything wrong with being a more passive player or taking a passive approach to the game it just seems odd earlier you hyped yourself up for it.
thats interesting. someone else called me out for scumreading all the wagons. i feel like ive been pretty active.

pedit: a townread on kanna? i feel like kanna hasnt done anything yet. explain that?
Kanna stalls as scum and revs her engine real fast as town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”