votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:15 am

Post by votato »

In post 298, midwaybear wrote:I don't really get votato's read on tux. It seems to me like he is calling him out for not playing like town tux, but also not willing to call him scum.
there were some posts that didnt seem like town!tux. but recently it has been town!tux. at first i was getting scumpings, but the read turned around and im pretty confident in saying that tux is town atm.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 298, midwaybear wrote:I don't really get votato's read on tux. It seems to me like he is calling him out for not playing like town tux, but also not willing to call him scum.
I'm telling him to take a stronger stance in the PT, but he doesn't want to bus.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:16 am

Post by midwaybear »

seems legit :o
but why votato? gut?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:18 am

Post by votato »

In post 301, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
I'm telling him to take a stronger stance in the PT, but he doesn't want to bus.
i never bus. you know that. you shouldnt even have suggested it.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:19 am

Post by beeboy »

Also I feel like you are just lacking a certain level of aggro compared to the rest of the playerlist. If this is the style of game you like I think your reasoning and pushes should be more like leading the charge yourself I guess? I am not basing this on meta and more just your comment on the game relative to how your playing. Like to put it the best I can I think your adding on to what is going on / analyzing the field. While i feel like you implied you like the more leadership approach people are taking to the game.

I am not voting you because I am not sure I have enough yet but that is what is going through my head.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

My main problem this game is it's page 13 and I have no confident scumreads yet whew. Am I giving too much leeway perhaps? Na, this'll change soon probably. Also MS why are you acting so weird
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:21 am

Post by votato »

In post 302, midwaybear wrote:seems legit :o
but why votato? gut?
well tell me what you make of tuxedo's recent posts. to me theres clear scumhuning, with a genuine attempt to sort me. thats part of why i like being scumread. its pretty easy to analyze how people interact with you, especially if theyre suspicious of you.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:22 am

Post by votato »

In post 304, beeboy wrote:Also I feel like you are just lacking a certain level of aggro compared to the rest of the playerlist. If this is the style of game you like I think your reasoning and pushes should be more like leading the charge yourself I guess? I am not basing this on meta and more just your comment on the game relative to how your playing. Like to put it the best I can I think your adding on to what is going on / analyzing the field. While i feel like you implied you like the more leadership approach people are taking to the game.

I am not voting you because I am not sure I have enough yet but that is what is going through my head.
i dont feel any particular need to townlead ever. i generally dislike townleader type people. right now ive sorted a few people as town, but i dont my scumreads are like page 10 level scumreads. as the game progresses ill get more aggro im sure.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

Can you go answer my other post Votato + your feelings on Nahdia/Midway
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 291, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 241, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Hmm, I just don't know how else to express it. Like if you reread the game in context the wagon is forming on Dunn on page 1, and they aren't RVS votes. Beeboy makes an entrance on page 2, but says nothing. Doesn't even RVS vote. They post again at the end of page 3, only to reintroduce their entrance post. Content doesn't come from them till page 4. It's just so weird like he is there watching the game unfold but not commenting on anything, while the game seemed clearly passed RVS.
Has Beeboys posts that now have content in them (or more so than before) changed your mind on the slot at all? I get what you're saying to an extent and while that looks bad on paper I find a hard time believing that's what beeboy was trying to do? Like it just seems unlikely to me.
I don't know how to feel about Beeboy right now. I feel his reason for defending Dunnstral was fine, but I don't know how to feel about his exchange with me. Some parts feel townie some parts feel scummy. I think its best if I put them on the back burner for now, get distance from my initial read of them. Or else I'm just going to be a tunnely mess.
In post 294, Clover Ebi wrote:Would you vote Votato if it came down to it? I am asking for...reasons.
What does come down to it mean? Would I vote Votato if it was lynch him or lynch me? Then yes, but no one would say no to that. Do you mean just now will I switch my vote to Votato? Probably not, I've been weird to him ever since the lovers game and that's been coming to realize I just don't know how to read him. So I've just been extra critical of him. I think I need to take a step back and stop nitpicking them so much.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:28 am

Post by votato »

In post 295, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 287, votato wrote:clover did the thing where he assumed people were town. he's commented on other people's gamesolving, but hasnt actually done any himself. he also sheeped onto your wagon pretty opportunistically. overall theres nothing townie about the slot but a few things that strike me as off. he said he wants to "explore you" a bit more, but hasnt done anything to explore you or prod you or anything. hes just kinda floating by.
I know I've already asked this but I will again: What's wrong with assuming people are town? Let's just ignore the fact that is my playstyle and let me just ask what the issue with that is. Yes, I am assuming people I am townreading are town. Also I feel like I've been game solving plenty! Maybe not as fast paced but it would be a lie to say I'm not trying to solve :(
sorry i missed this post. i think assuming people are town kinda leads to complacency and insufficient critical examination. if thats your playstyle then ??? but ive never seen it before and feel that its more likely a scumslip. thinking the people you townread are town is one thing, but you seemed overly confident in it. also, i think thats the weakest part of my case, and i wasnt the person who originally brought it up. can you point to a post you made that was you evaluating something someone said directly, rather than what you said about a second person's post about a third person?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:29 am

Post by midwaybear »

Spoiler:
In post 280, Tuxedo Mask wrote:As I said playing with you before is that I call things as I see them. Maybe it was a leap but as I was reading the thread it was what came to mind looking at Beeboy's posts.
I guess I like this answer because it feels pretty upfront.
In post 283, Tuxedo Mask wrote:As for specifics, when it comes to the Dunnstral, Lilith, Skitter, Votato early wagon group, I think Lilith comes out looking the best. MT feels like town MT I've played with before, even if hurts to be on receiving end of their wrath (I do feel intimidated Hectic). Kanna gives me tonal pings, and it might be influenced that they seem to be the first player I seem to have gotten through to somewhat this game. Which might not be the best reason, but it feels good to be seen.
This does seem to be a gamesolvely type post.

I agree with you that I also like him pushing you for your thoughts as that's pretty consistent with his initial gutread on you.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:29 am

Post by votato »

nahdia is still pretty null to me. not enough content yet. midway is gonna need a lot more content to be sorted. i think midway!scum should wind up being pretty obvious. the problem is town!midway looks a lot like scum, so im gonna withhold judgement there until later.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:31 am

Post by votato »

for example, see midways above post. he agrees with my thinking, but the part of his post where he does his own evaluation is based on a post that i hardly see as AI, and is to me far less AI than other posts tux made. id scumread most people for that sort of post. but with midway, ??
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:38 am

Post by midwaybear »

no, it's just that I like that type of behavior where he was asking you a lot of questions because I like to do that to as town to get a better read. Now that I look at it, the questions tux asked you would probably not be the same ones I asked you. He asked you "what about this game is so enjoyable"(or something like that). I'm not really sure what the point of that is because it's more of a relaxing question than an on the spot one.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 309, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 291, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 241, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Hmm, I just don't know how else to express it. Like if you reread the game in context the wagon is forming on Dunn on page 1, and they aren't RVS votes. Beeboy makes an entrance on page 2, but says nothing. Doesn't even RVS vote. They post again at the end of page 3, only to reintroduce their entrance post. Content doesn't come from them till page 4. It's just so weird like he is there watching the game unfold but not commenting on anything, while the game seemed clearly passed RVS.
Has Beeboys posts that now have content in them (or more so than before) changed your mind on the slot at all? I get what you're saying to an extent and while that looks bad on paper I find a hard time believing that's what beeboy was trying to do? Like it just seems unlikely to me.
I don't know how to feel about Beeboy right now. I feel his reason for defending Dunnstral was fine, but I don't know how to feel about his exchange with me. Some parts feel townie some parts feel scummy. I think its best if I put them on the back burner for now, get distance from my initial read of them. Or else I'm just going to be a tunnely mess.
In post 294, Clover Ebi wrote:Would you vote Votato if it came down to it? I am asking for...reasons.
What does come down to it mean? Would I vote Votato if it was lynch him or lynch me? Then yes, but no one would say no to that. Do you mean just now will I switch my vote to Votato? Probably not, I've been weird to him ever since the lovers game and that's been coming to realize I just don't know how to read him. So I've just been extra critical of him. I think I need to take a step back and stop nitpicking them so much.
Alright, thanks! So you think you need to step back and relook at them? I'll wait for your reassessment
In post 310, votato wrote:
In post 295, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 287, votato wrote:clover did the thing where he assumed people were town. he's commented on other people's gamesolving, but hasnt actually done any himself. he also sheeped onto your wagon pretty opportunistically. overall theres nothing townie about the slot but a few things that strike me as off. he said he wants to "explore you" a bit more, but hasnt done anything to explore you or prod you or anything. hes just kinda floating by.
I know I've already asked this but I will again: What's wrong with assuming people are town? Let's just ignore the fact that is my playstyle and let me just ask what the issue with that is. Yes, I am assuming people I am townreading are town. Also I feel like I've been game solving plenty! Maybe not as fast paced but it would be a lie to say I'm not trying to solve :(
sorry i missed this post. i think assuming people are town kinda leads to complacency and insufficient critical examination. if thats your playstyle then ??? but ive never seen it before and feel that its more likely a scumslip. thinking the people you townread are town is one thing, but you seemed overly confident in it. also, i think thats the weakest part of my case, and i wasnt the person who originally brought it up. can you point to a post you made that was you evaluating something someone said directly, rather than what you said about a second person's post about a third person?
I'm pretty sure my posting has mostly been direct? Unless I'm missing something here. I think you mostly just have a problem with my playstyle. Now normally, I wouldn't hold much issue with this but you've played with me before so I'm surprised that this is a problem for you. I don't know, I normally don't mind defending myself cause I know my points can be a bit controversial but this just feels weird to me. Like the points you're making aren't ones I would suspect to be scumread for. Then again, I feel like if i was ever scum it'd be super obvious cause there's no way I'd be able to play like this so hm
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

Tux and Votato are the closest to people I would vote/have voted and since Votato doesn't bus I was curious how they'd react to each other. Don't really know if I got the results I wanted though this game is super odd.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 am

Post by votato »

i think we only have one completed game prior to this (animals) and i was scum and got bussed pretty early. so i dont have that much to go on meta-wise, both because i died early and because i was scum. i also dont think we interacted much in animals. is there another game im forgetting? if assuming people are town is a playstyle thing thats fine i guess. but what about the other things i said?
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 310, votato wrote:. can you point to a post you made that was you evaluating something someone said directly, rather than what you said about a second person's post about a third person?
You can look at my early posts to Lilith for that, but what's wrong with the me commenting on other peoples assumptions? I get you think I'm skating by but I guess I don't really understand how you looked at my posting and got a scummy vibe from it is the part I'm trying to figure out. Like, you're saying a lot of things and it feels like trying to build it into something scummy. Words bleh.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

From what I can tell and correct me on this if I'm wrong. We're mostly in the same spot of needing more content from other slots at least. So let me ask besides myself who do you have strong feelings on towny or scummy?
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

I'm gonna go lay down because I'm starting to talk myself into scumreading slots because the fact I don't have any strong ones yet is weirding me out/bothering me so much when really the game just started and it shouldn't be that big a deal.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:24 am

Post by votato »

tux is town. lilith is town? kanna is a bit townie based on first impression. but again, need a lot more content. morning is townish, but need a bit more. im less confident in morning being town than most games. could be the gamblers fallacy making me skeptical, or maybe its something else. but town for now. skitter gives me townvibes, but need to see more content. beeboy gives early townvibes? but has been strange. its page 13, so thats about all youre gonna get. that leaves a PoE of
{clover, midway, nahdia, raven, drusilla}. midway im not willing to lynch at this stage, but mostly because hes LHF and will probably be obvscum later on if scum. im happy leaving my vote on clover pending content from the other slots.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

Before I rest I want Beeboy/Kanna/Dunnstrals opinion on Votato. They should be able to guess why :giggle:
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 am

Post by beeboy »

What do you think of clovers "I can't form scum reads" typically that's scummy because scum just know everyone is town so it can be hard on them.

But they are also pretty open and frustrated about which is a better look.

Pedit: I did earlier the short version is I expect more aggro especially given his comment on liking the game but I decided I was fine giving him space we are what? 3 days into the game?
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 am

Post by beeboy »

That post was too votato