Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 99, Testarossa wrote:
In post 65, Raya36 wrote:
In post 43, votato wrote:its an 8-player, so 3 seems excessive, even if town has a lot of power. seems like a dumbtell. which might suggest beeboy is scum? or just not paying any attention?
Actually to add to why I think this is possible they didn't even need to say how many scum to get their point across. The "3 scum" was added in without necessity.
If I go by the context of some comments you and votato seem to be familiar with beeboy and he is mechanically too smart for such a dumbtell, then why would he drop as scum such a thing in a game with people who apparently see right through it?
Not sure if you're caught up yet but it turns out there was a comma after the 3 and he did not mean to say 3 scum.

To answer your question it makes no sense both ways but I found that to be the more likely option but luckily that's cleared up so everything makes much more sense now
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by dsjstr »

In post 98, Testarossa wrote:
In post 50, dsjstr wrote: What does your comment have to do with my "apology"? Which was me just reflecting on my own gameplay. Max's comment is complete bullshit, elsa has not even spoken and BM has only questioned why no one voted for him. It was not a response to

Max he has already been questioned about the legitimacy of his claim by someone else. I will ask what you think of his reasoning which when he had switched votes was while you had also left a refrence to the vroom comment and BM had not spoken
The point is I don't see the need to justify yourself after getting confronted or questioned which comes of as unnecessarily defensive. As if anyone writes anything substantial on page 1, so I would have just shrugged it of. I don't think max's reason is necessarily great (not even sure he himself originally really had a reason besides provoking a reaction), but it's an approach I can agree with with testing you. And you seemed pretty upset by it, more concerned about yourself than figuring others out, even in this post above you are fingerpointing like why you and not Elsa, BM or me.

As you were asking for my max read, there isn't really much to read as he posted pretty minimalistic so far. Which is why I have a slight townlean there, because I feel he would make more out of the push on you to look more townie as you as town are making it atm pretty easy for maxscum. Need to see more of him though, as of course he could just coast for a while with that vote on you as well.
In post 61, dsjstr wrote:Town were never informed how many scum there are mafia would know. If they accidentally said how many scum there are it would be a scum slip not a town slip.

I've been thinking that there could be a neighborhood with 3 people which would be way too town sided if there were no mafia in it, and they were saying that votato would not be mafia out of the three.
I think it's vice versa as micros usually tend to have 2 scum otherwise the normal queue can bite me. So coming up with 3 in a micro can be seen as an unconsciously townslip as scum knows the exact number. But as others pointed out beeboy seems too smart for something like that, so... :shrug:

Why are you looking for a neighborhood?
You are going to learn quickly that I just say what I think and don't always think about what I say.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by dsjstr »

But wouldn't it be fun to have a 3p neighborhood in an 8p game, but everyone in the neighborhood is town.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by dsjstr »

VOTE: Max
Puree empty content that does nothing to impact the game in any way. Which is also what all his subsequent posts have been.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by dsjstr »

If any scum were on my wagon it would probably more likely be BM for being opportunistic but lets put pressure on Max
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by dsjstr »

I understand that my reaction means that I was against people wanting to vote for me but I do that as bv and mafia as well. I have not just started to scum hunt because I was called out on it.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Jester you still haven't found an icon for yourself? The white box makes me eanna glance over you.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by dsjstr »

Well no one else is talking so I hope you can live with it for the moment.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by dsjstr »

My avi of course because that's what it's about.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Raya looks town.

I kind of just want to vote dsjstr for the neighborhood thing, however while he comes off as objectively scummy I believe there is genuine conviction in his posts that could come from town mindset. If that makes sense. Like I think he would have been held back by his partner at this point.

I kind of share beeboy's impression of BM. Just by my own experience I see these kind of openings rather from town than scum. Need to see here more though as this won't be enough obviously.

Can someone break their votato read to me? He has some of the most posts here but I am absolutely not getting any major vibes here.

I was waiting last night for more from her, not really convinced by her entrance into the game.
VOTE: Elsa Jay

Any gut pings so far?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 86, Raya36 wrote:What are your thoughts on battle mage? He isnt really playing either. Why does he get a pass?
hey im playing!
In post 90, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm trying to find a place in this game tbh. I feel like this group doesn't need a comic relief so I'm not doing that, but... Honestly I'm looking at this 8p and realize 2 mis-word pendings and we lose. So I'm thinking hard RN, but mainly I feel like following another's lead. So.

If you vote me for being an open follower be my guest, but I just think I'll get better results not mucking up this game with my usual style.

Micros are Weird.
look i found scum

VOTE: Elsa Jay

easy
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

If I was that easy I wouldn't have my title now would I?

But continue and realize after I die, not only do you not get associations, but you only get one mislynch here. Make it count.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 111, Elsa Jay wrote:If I was that easy I wouldn't have my title now would I?

But continue and realize after I die, not only do you not get associations, but you only get one mislynch here. Make it count.
A desperate plea here....really!? Giving up already is not the best look, and I don't buy anything you've said anyway (as you haven't backed it up). :eek:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Testarossa »

In post 111, Elsa Jay wrote: But continue and realize after I die, not only do you not get associations, but you only get one mislynch here. Make it count.
What would be the better lynch?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 113, Testarossa wrote:
In post 111, Elsa Jay wrote: But continue and realize after I die, not only do you not get associations, but you only get one mislynch here. Make it count.
What would be the better lynch?
you're not voting elsa here!?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Testarossa »

Huh? My vote is literally one post above yours?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 115, Testarossa wrote:Huh? My vote is literally one post above yours?
ah i got you confused with somebody else :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hang on....no! I was...just testing you... ;)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Testarossa »

Of course, that's what all mages say when their spells don't work.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i think votato will be replaced due to ban.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:54 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 104, dsjstr wrote:If any scum were on my wagon it would probably more likely be BM for being opportunistic but lets put pressure on Max
You think he's more likely to be scum but are voting me because...I deserve to be pressured? Wouldn't it make more sense to pressure your scumread? What are you hoping to accomplish here?

This is why RVS sucks, the game has had all the energy of a fat elderly cat on a hot summer day for the first 4 pages. I was hoping to wait it out until there was something more substantial but it seems like that's unlikely to happen on its own so I'll work with what I've got. Most of the people in this game are varying degrees of scummy, not much in the way of solid townreads.

beeboy
- Townreads in feel like they come a bit too easy and the vote on elsa feels lazy, a push toward an inactive player rather than scrutinizing people who have actually posted.

dsjstr
- bizarre, overemotional, defensive response to what has really been very minor prodding on my end, has a bit of "why me" to it, lot of complaining about other people but not much in the way of atempts at engagement with them. Maybe I'm a bit tunneled but have a hard time seeing this as a town reaction.

votato
- mostly fillery which is to be expected from early game but + is a weird ask for page 2 as if it's possible to have a list of reads, looks like a forced to attempt to look town by asking a serious question early, but never has any real followup to this so it seems like he didn't much actually care what people said in response. scum lean here but I guess we have to wait to see how the replacement does.

raya36
- I like the way she's shown a seriousness to her approach to the game and is trying to ask meaningful questions. The reasoning in / looks like a believable town mindset of someone trying to scumhunt as well as the way she interrogated beeboy.

elsa jay
- basically nothing so far but I somewhat like the admission of just wanting to follow someone in , feels more likely someone would admit this as town than as scum. current push on her feels like low hanging fruit.

battle mage
- almost everything posted so far reads null, disagree with the push on elsa but the conviction behind it is believable from the way he's doing it.

testarossa
- I don't really like how waffle-y her posts get, in and for instance she ultimately just says something to the effect of "could go either way." rubs me the wrong way with the jump on Elsa Jay.

At this point I suspect half the people in the game, so I'm going to ask everyone a question to try to get some substance in here:

@beeboy:
What is your read on dsjstr?

@dsjstr:
What is your read on Testarossa?

@raya36:
What is your read on Elsa Jay?

@elsa jay:
What is your read on Battle Mage?

@battle mage:
What is your read on beeboy?

@testarossa:
Why does Raya36 look town to you?
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:42 am

Post by dsjstr »

Right now I see everyone as scum. Anyone could have faked being towny because of how things played out so far. I will say that it did seem like Elsa was trying to instigate further reactions from me so I would put BM and Testa as townier than the other mafia.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

beeboy doesn't interest me today. let's flip Elsa first and then decide if Beeboy was shading his scumbuddy, or just doing the Lord's work in the early stages.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 112, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 111, Elsa Jay wrote:If I was that easy I wouldn't have my title now would I?

A desperate plea here....really!? Giving up already is not the best look, and I don't buy anything you've said anyway (as you haven't backed it up). :eek:
What makes you think Elsa's entrance is scummy?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Raya36 »

I was a bit worried about Max's lack of content despite calling someone out for a lack of content (although he explained his blank votes when I questioned him) but this recent post makes up for it. Town points for asking for more reads to help push the game forward.

In response to him:
Elsa is more or less null for me although I actually lean slightly more scum on her than town. My main concern is that she is not playing like she normally would and is openly stating this. It comes across as not wanting to be as aggressive and vocal as she normally would be as town and calling herself out to make it sound more towny (like Max's read on her). Only one of her posts has a read or any thoughts. This alone isn't a strong enough basis for a read though. I want to hear more from her.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”