Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 124, Mohab500 wrote:I am gonna ask a really dumb question but, can there be power roles in this game?
Check the
SETUP
spoiler in the post below.
In post 1, northsidegal wrote:
GAME RULES

GENERAL

Spoiler:
-Adhere to all site rules.
-Always play to win.
-Remember that this is a game - heated discussion is allowed, but personal attacks are not. Comment on play, not player.
-Pretending to break the rules will be treated similarly as actually breaking the rules.
-Do not quote any private communication regarding this game—this includes your role PM, other mod communication, posts from private threads, etc. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you're unsure, ask me first.
-If you need to get my attention, please include "
@mod
" in your post or PM me.
-
This
(darkred) is my color. You can use it, if you want.
-Do not use encryption, hidden text or excessively small text in your posts.
-Do not use any form of provable randomness. This includes dice tags, screenshots of random.org, etc. Saying you flipped a coin is okay, providing some sort of proof that you did isn’t.
-Each day phase will last for 12 days, with night phases lasting 48 hours.
-Do not post in the game thread or any private topics following your death, with the exception of the dead thread.
-If you have the ability to edit your posts, do not do so.
-My decisions are final. If I feel you are violating any of the rules, I will take the appropriate action.
-As a general principle, whenever moderator action is required I will attempt to make the decision that has the least impact on the natural flow of gameplay. For example, force replacing instead of modkilling whenever possible.
-Point 1 from the rules regarding replacement here does not apply. Unless I inform you otherwise, you are allowed to replace back in if a replacement hasn't been found yet.
-Have fun!

VOTING

Spoiler:
-All votes and unvotes must be in
bold
or in VOTE: tags, with vote tags being preferable.
-Votes in spoilers will not be counted.
-Abbreviations and nicknames are acceptable, as long as I can understand them.
-Lynches will occur when a majority (>50%) is reached. If no majority is reached before deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Ties will be resolved by wagon seniority. If the day ends with no votes cast, a random town-aligned player will die.
-Once a hammer has occurred, the game is in "twilight". Discussion may continue until I lock the thread but no further votes or unvotes will be counted.

ACTIVITY

Spoiler:
-You are expected to make at least one game-relevant post every 48 hours. Players who go 48 hours without posting will be prodded.
-If you are prodded, you have 24 hours to post in-thread. If you do not respond within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you 3 or more times, I reserve the right to replace you at my own discretion.
-Abuse of prod dodges will result in you being replaced at my own discretion.
-If you are going to be V/LA, please announce it in thread or PM me. If your V/LA will last 7 days or longer I may be forced to replace you.

SETUP

Spoiler:
Secrets of the Anuket Topaz
Roles
:
  • 10 Vanilla Townies

• 3 Mafia Goons

Mechanics
:
  • The first two nights are skipped.
  • Day 1 and Day 2, if a member of the Mafia is lynched, they must confirm 5 living players to be aligned with the town.
    • This will result in their loss if Mafia is lynched both Day 1 and Day 2.
  • Starting from Day 3, the Mafia will begin escaping.
    • Each night, in addition to a mandatory kill, one of the Mafia must choose to escape, and will exit the game being revealed to be Mafia.
    • At this point, if just one of the Mafia is lynched, the Mafia loses.
    • The Mafia win when all living members escape.
  • If no Mafia were lynched Day 1 or Day 2, one member of the mafia will escape immediately following the end of Day 2.

If you have any questions about the setup, feel free to ask.

Spoiler: Sample Town Role PM
Anuket Topaz Crew Card

Welcome aboard the
Anuket Topaz
, TODO. This card serves as proof of your status as
Crewman

VANILLA TOWN
  • You have no special abilities. Your vote is your weapon.

You win when all other winconditions become impossible to achieve.
The
Anuket Topaz
's location is here. Once on-board, please confirm by replying with your alignment.
  • NAME:
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

• DOB:
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

• HT:
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

• WGT:
    ⠀⠀⠀
    lbs
  • CLASS: VT
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:17 pm

In post 122, Mohab500 wrote:So, I make an RVS vote, then after RVS I remove it, and suddenly everybody somehow didn't expect that?
Exactly. I didn't expect that.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:20 am

Post by Raya36 »

Welcome to the game Umlaut!

In post 94, Umlaut wrote:First impressions based on basically nothing:
  • Holden town
  • Eevee town
  • Raya town
  • Chemist kinda town
  • Porkens not so great
  • Mohab either
  • everyone else needs to do more
Why isnt porkens great?

In post 107, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 105, Eevee wrote:Pedit: is that a good point pirate donkey sherrif? Raya bringing that point up doesn't mean she's scum since it sounds valid and means - wait do you mean suboptimal or optimal plan? if you propose optimal plans as scum then she's right to point out it's NAI and that does the same thing of getting us out of RVS
i suppose her route was one that requires more substance than a meta read which would be easy to make for scum but it wouldn't be a scummy one to make
Arg let me dumb down the pirate talk fer clarity sake.

The plan I purposed there was worded to sound pro-town even though it was advocating what is normally suboptimal play in lovers mafia (I was voicing to delay claiming the pairs until halfway through the phase to get "more info out of reactions to the pair claims").

My stance on the matter is that she's townish, or at the very least telling the truth about wanting to force the game pass rvs. While it's true scum!ray could of pointed it out in a NAI way, I think scum ray could of very easily turned it into an opportunity to actually push me/actively discredit me. The total lack of mentioning it sticks out, and I'm struggling to see why scum!ray would ignore it knowing what she knows.

Spoiler: rambling over NAI call out
I think you could say that scum!ray pointing it out as NAI is pro-scum as well since it actively is disrupting town from forming town reads, but if I remember correctly ray admitted their scum play is very underwhelming so I'm not sure if they would see that more advance move as scum (no offense). I rather not accept that yet since I never actually read their scum game during lovers lol. It's also hard to separate that theory from if town!ray had answer (hence why it is a better move for scum to make over shading me but I digress)
Idk if I can help clear anything up because ya know, wifom. My initial rvs vote on you was just for voting votato back. Not a big deal in rvs. But then when you supported porkens for voting votato as well and then invited others to join in the wagon I saw it as a good opportunity to call you out and get the game going

Slight townlean on snowblaze. I find scum tend not to open with a pile of reads.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:25 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 110, Snowblaze wrote:Porkens’ calling someone out on lack of useful content on the first page is... odd, but not necessarily scummy. I’m not sure scum would be likely to draw attention to themselves that early on, and I feel like it could be more town trying to get the game out of RVS.
Do you find his later comments to votato trying to get out of RVS? Specifically after votato rebutalled?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:27 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 111, Craig Pelton wrote:
In post 110, Snowblaze wrote:it looks almost too scummy to be scum.
Yeah, that’s really what I’m counting on to carry me through the first couple of days before my teammates can bus me for the win
They can't bus you though in this set up since they auto lose day 3 onwards.

What an ingenious plan! I see no flaws in this masterful scum plan of yours! Allow me to enable your bussing by voting you.

VOTE: Craig
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:29 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 122, Mohab500 wrote:So, I make an RVS vote, then after RVS I remove it, and suddenly everybody somehow didn't expect that?
Do you think anyone hoping on that train of logic is scum?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:34 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 127, Raya36 wrote:Idk if I can help clear anything up because ya know, wifom. My initial rvs vote on you was just for voting votato back. Not a big deal in rvs. But then when you supported porkens for voting votato as well and then invited others to join in the wagon I saw it as a good opportunity to call you out and get the game going

Slight townlean on snowblaze. I find scum tend not to open with a pile of reads.
I mean not really since it's over what you havent done.

I also disagree on snowblaze and actually
FoS
the readlist. I found most of the reads (pork, Ulmant, mohab, craig) non-committal or providing reasons to not fully trust in it (ulmant on chem for example). The only 3 committed reads there are a townlean on me and eevee and a town ping on you.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:37 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 126, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Hello musical composer.

Would you like to give opinions on the events of the game. Are you in favor for the main wagon so far? Who do you like better: eve or eva?
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:38 am

Post by Mohab500 »

I mean, the reason is pretty garbage but town makes all kinds of random plays sometimes so I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be town. But I will say that if it were to get piled upon as the main reason then the wagon is probably being pushed further by scum (which, from my briefly skim, does not seem to be happening in this game).

Too lazy to make a reads list atm, will do later.
Mohab500
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Mohab500
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Mohab500 »

who the fuck is eva?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:44 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 133, Mohab500 wrote:I mean, the reason is pretty garbage but town makes all kinds of random plays sometimes so I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be town. But I will say that if it were to get piled upon as the main reason then the wagon is probably being pushed further by scum (
which, from my briefly skim, does not seem to be happening in this game).

Too lazy to make a reads list atm, will do later.
That works for me. I look forward to the reads list.
In post 134, Mohab500 wrote:who the fuck is eva?
The other head of the eevee hydra. One is names eve and the other is named eva.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:58 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 131, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 127, Raya36 wrote:Idk if I can help clear anything up because ya know, wifom. My initial rvs vote on you was just for voting votato back. Not a big deal in rvs. But then when you supported porkens for voting votato as well and then invited others to join in the wagon I saw it as a good opportunity to call you out and get the game going

FoS
the readlist. I found most of the reads (pork, Ulmant, mohab, craig) non-committal or providing reasons to not fully trust in it (ulmant on chem for example). The only 3 committed reads there are a townlean on me and eevee and a town ping on you.
That's a good point

Snowblaze, do you think you could explain some of your reads?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:07 am

In post 132, HoldenGolden wrote:
Hello musical composer.

Would you like to give opinions on the events of the game. Are you in favor for the main wagon so far? Who do you like better: eve or eva?
I am in favour of the main wagon. I like neither.
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:14 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 137, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Hello musical composer.

Would you like to explain the former? What do you like about it? If you favour it, what is making you decide not to vote it?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:22 am

In post 138, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 137, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Hello musical composer.

Would you like to explain the former? What do you like about it? If you favour it, what is making you decide not to vote it?
I am fine with a wagon on Craig Pelton because of their posts.

I already am voting Craig Pelton. I started it.
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Snowblaze »

In post 136, Raya36 wrote:
In post 131, HoldenGolden wrote:

FoS
That's a good point

Snowblaze, do you think you could explain some of your reads?
I'm not really sure what more I can explain - that's about all I've got at the moment. It's less than 24 hours since the game started, I'm mostly going on instinct and vague impressions right now. (Plus I'm tired for some reason, so being lazy.)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 110, Snowblaze wrote:Not really sure where Umlaut’s getting his townlean on Chemist from, but the other reads do make sense.
I can try and explain this.

is not an obvious read, talking about mechanics is as likely to be found scummy as towny, so it comes off to me like an actual gut feeling Chemist had and gut reads are not so easy to emulate as "logical" reads.

Also, and basically admitting to being biased by avatars feels town to me.

Chemist probably should vote though.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Snowblaze »

Good, that makes sense. Have some town points!
Craig Pelton
Craig Pelton
Townie
Craig Pelton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Craig Pelton »

Oh no, a wagon! Whatever shall I do? I have the strong impression that all of frederick, Holden, and homura are scum!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 141, Umlaut wrote:Chemist probably should vote though.
?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Eevee »

what's the goal here Craig? you trying to gauge reactions to these shenanigins? i guess we don't see our patterns until they are laid out in front of us

the snow tiger is usually unsure and paranoid early on but she doesn't usually have so many reads at the start so the early list is actually kinda scum-indicative for me based on meta
In post 124, Mohab500 wrote:I am gonna ask a really dumb question but, can there be power roles in this game?
really doubling down on the dumbtelling huh - i don't like it
your original vote was for RVS - unvoting suggests you think we've left RVS and there's alignment-indicative stuff out there
if so why didn't you move it to someone else?

~Eve
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 144, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 141, Umlaut wrote:Chemist probably should vote though.
?
In general, people should vote.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Eevee »

In post 133, Mohab500 wrote:Too lazy to make a reads list atm, will do later.
In post 140, Snowblaze wrote:(Plus I'm tired for some reason, so being lazy.)
ah yes the classic lazy tell

i'm on to you buccaneers

~Eve
Craig Pelton
Craig Pelton
Townie
Craig Pelton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Craig Pelton »

In post 145, Eevee wrote:what's the goal here Craig?
I’m just trying to get you to notice me, Eve
Craig Pelton
Craig Pelton
Townie
Craig Pelton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Craig Pelton »

In post 145, Eevee wrote:you trying to gauge reactions to these shenanigins?
Also, this sounds like a good answer: I’ll take it!

Return to “Completed Open Games”