Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 71, Titus wrote:
In post 65, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 42, Hel wrote:I think we want to check like 3 or 4 people we think are not Tomboy Daughters. Getting clears on everyone in the inspection is more valuable than getting a Tea result.
This strategy is extremely risky just as it is valuable. If we mess up even once we're doomed. Plus, the fact scum have lower number is actually an advantage in a setup like this. I don't know if betting the game on 3/4 clear every day is a good idea. Maybe for day 1, but that's it.
Realistically, we have to stop investigating after 1 clear set if we go that way imo. If we hit a second clear set, scum would find the TD.
I'm glad we agree. The fact we have 17 players and only 5 chances to hit 2 scum and avoid our clear will be quite the challenge. But I believe it should be easy if we play it correctly.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:28 am

Post by username »

In post 74, Hel wrote:Also, someone should really vote for the Tomboy Daughter already to give her some cover.

but the PA is the only person who knows who that is
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 74, Hel wrote:I think we try to hit scum in very small group checks.
I agree on this. Let's start day 1 by checking two scummy dudes and then we can either get some guilty or a smaller amount of conf!towns.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Hel »

I'd prefer if you stopped stealing my pagetops, Maki.
Hectic
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

OBJECTION!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Hel »

In post 76, username wrote:
In post 74, Hel wrote:Also, someone should really vote for the Tomboy Daughter already to give her some cover.
but the PA is the only person who knows who that is
Are you trying to fish me??

Fine, I'll admit it. I'm not the Port Authority.
Hectic
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Hel »

In post 79, NorwegianboyEE wrote:OBJECTION!
!!!

Hectic
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

This game has too many weebs already, if i go all out here then people might start puking rainbows.
I'll try to restrain myself...

- Bunno
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:33 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 74, Hel wrote:That's a good point from Titus. Do we check the scummiest 2 people then and try and hit scum?
No, the strategy is we vote Titus today.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 72, username wrote:
In post 68, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Who are these random unknown people i've never seen wagoning me.

if they're anything like me they're thinly veiled alts of long-standing players
I already know who one of them is.

- Bunno
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:35 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.3

Titus [3] - Umlaut, maxwell, Maki Harukawa
Iconeum [2] - Datisi, Menalque
Umlaut [1] - Not Known 15
Alisae [1] - Titus
NorwegianboyEE [2] - Hel, Moment
Datisi [1] - GuiltyLion

Not Voting [7]
- Alisae, username, Something_Smart, Iconeum, Radical Rat, notscience, NorwegianboyEE

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-07-11 13:35:31)

I am shipping...

Linen
[11] - Alisae, Maki Harukawa, GuiltyLion, Something_Smart, Not Known 15, maxwell, Menalque, Iconeum, Radical Rat, notscience, Umlaut
Copper
[3] - Titus, NorwegianboyEE, username
Wheat
[3] - Datisi, Hel, Moment

Let's Inspect...

Linen
[0] -
Copper
[2] - Hel, Moment
Wheat
[1] - Umlaut
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

This alt isn't exactly hidden or unknown to be fair.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 83, maxwell wrote:
In post 74, Hel wrote:That's a good point from Titus. Do we check the scummiest 2 people then and try and hit scum?
Why was Titus's second post bad?

- Bunno
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:37 am

Post by username »

In post 84, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 72, username wrote:
In post 68, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Who are these random unknown people i've never seen wagoning me.

if they're anything like me they're thinly veiled alts of long-standing players
I already know who one of them is.
if it's me I don't think I've made the slightest effort to hide my identity and I've spent years complaining that I needed to make a new alt to try a new playstyle
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Titus »

Why? I don't recall ever playing with you, so this "strategy" vote/tunnel feels weird and out of place.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 12, Titus wrote:
Ship Copper

Already with the antitown noise I see.

Execute: Alisae

Hi
omg its a titus

Hihi
In post 22, Titus wrote:The second wincondition for scum makes this harder to solve.

We basically pick a pool day 1, investigate that result N1

If positive for tea, we execute in that pool hoping the daughter isn't in it. We then investigate new people and repeat.

If we get no tea, that's a shit load of conftown but a crap ton of scum endgame information.
I think there’s a bit more to the setup then this but I don’t really wanna explain it.
GTKAS
| here.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:42 am

Post by username »

Okay so this is a fakegod setup which means there's slim to no chance of finding a breaking strategy

I'm usually the first to object to denying tribute to the blood gods on day one but what if we no-execute and send out shipments / shipment check And work off that on day 2?

Reduces our risk of outting / killing the tomboy on day one. There's no night kill, and then we have a jumping off point tomorrow.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 88, username wrote:if it's me
Nope.
In post 90, Alisae wrote:I think there’s a bit more to the setup then this but I don’t really wanna explain it.
^Good vibes from Alisae here.

- Bunno
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 91, username wrote:Okay so this is a fakegod setup which means there's slim to no chance of finding a breaking strategy

I'm usually the first to object to denying tribute to the blood gods on day one but what if we no-execute and send out shipments / shipment check And work off that on day 2?

Reduces our risk of outting / killing the tomboy on day one. There's no night kill, and then we have a jumping off point tomorrow.
No. We only have 5 chances to find scum. Reducing that to 4 is not a good idea.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Your lack of an avatar is annoying.

- Bunno
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 45, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 6, Umlaut wrote:What's the best way to handle shipments? Should we spread out more or less evenly across them? Should we order the scummiest person to ship copper all on their own?

I mostly play normal games (and open games that might as well be normal) so if there's theory around this kind of mechanic I'm not familiar with it.
I've never played a setup like this before and I need to do a lot more ~ thinking ~ but these were my initial takes:

- Overall, it seems like Town has to juggle gathering enough information to find at least 2 smugglers, while also preventing scum from obtaining enough information to find the TD
- From a 'deny information regarding the TD' standpoint, the worst case scenario for scum is for them to be split across all three shipments, this gets them no closer to finding the TD
- Therefore I suspect scum will try to avoid at least one shipment, to aim to clear some number of townies as
not
TD, even if it means those townies are also conftown
- This leads me to be thinking about if the ideal way for town to play would be to check a shipment of 3 or 4 people each night, hoping to hit tea (but no TD), and then eliminate from within that pool - I haven't crunched any numbers on this at all though
- The only way to definitively avoid TD being in the pool is for PA to claim and organize the shipments. I'm not sure if this is ideal though bc PA would then have to be extremely careful/guarded about all reads that they give, and it would also mean the game kinda becomes 'follow the IC' to a degree which I'm not sure would be all that fun either.

So in my mind, I'm thinking about whether the PA should claim and at what point. I do kinda gutfeel if we start to get close to PoEing by like Day 3 or Day 4, the PA should claim and organize the last shipment or two to avoid outing the TD. Or if we're feeling really confident (eliminated a Smuggler D1 or something), we could collectively just rerun a shipment of already town cleared.

There's also the question of whether the PA should ever decline to check a shipment to WIFOM the scums, but I haven't put a ton of thought into that yet. It's a move to consider though.
PA doesn’t need to out themselves. Village should always be thinking about who the PA is and use their brains about it methinks.
GTKAS
| here.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 87, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Why was Titus's second post bad?
bland setup spec that doesn't even come to a meaningful conclusion, pure empty content. Subsequent posts have not been better.
Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 91, username wrote:Okay so this is a fakegod setup which means there's slim to no chance of finding a breaking strategy

No. We only have 5 chances to find scum. Reducing that to 4 is not a good idea.
Yeah, absolutely terrible idea. I've basically 0 concern for mistakenly wagoning the TD on day 1.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 am

Post by username »

In post 0, FakeGod wrote:If at end of Day 5, there are at least 2 Smugglers alive, then Smugglers win.

Disregard my last post, I'm illiterate
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 95, Alisae wrote:Village should always be thinking about who the PA is and use their brains about it methinks.
Who is this "village" you refer to? I'd like you to know that i am under the command of the East India Company in bringing copper to the boonies and i'd like it if you showed some respect to our company's authority by referring to me and all of us as sophisticated merchants.

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Titus »

We have a jumping off point now. Unilaterally forgoing a lynch is bad.

Execute: username
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”