Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

you don't suppose you could summon up this kind of energy to rustle up some scum do you?

like... legitimately what are you trying to do today?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1574, Morning Tweet wrote:i go out of my way to not say this as scum sometimes because i know it inevitably gets brought up at least once per game.
+1

Every single game, without fail, some variant of, "Only dishonest people feel the need to say they're being honest." At this point, it's almost transcended from fake scum tell to real town tell merely by virtue of it coming up so often that there is a real scum incentive to avoid saying it.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1574, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1572, xRECKONERx wrote:I KNOW THIS ISN'T ACTUALLY A TELL but more than once CLAP has started posts with "to be honest" which i still believe may be a subliminal scum thing but don't weigh that really bc it's a dumb theory im convinced to prove one day
i go out of my way to not say this as scum sometimes because i know it inevitably gets brought up at least once per game. whereas it's just a normal part of my vocabulary i wouldnt think about as town

that's not intended as a debunk to your case i just had to say it

I think your points about a lot of Puppys early game being substanceless are fair enough. I can confirm soft defending Auro doesn't make one scum by default -- it seems to be a trend among the newer players actually doesnt it

the point about puppy knowing there are 4 scum since he said "2/4 in this group are scum" seems like a stretch to me. I have been assuming there were 4 scum all game anyway. Although i didn't really consider 3p

And the swap to ABR almost looks good to me. kinda. Probably in a WIFOMy way i guess -- it seems like a bad move to do as scum, something that is so blatantly obviously going to get pointed out later in the game (even had Auro not been lynched that day). It felt like Auro was going to die eventually, going out of your way to try and save him in a really obvious manner is just terrible

I think your point about Puppy wanting everyone to know he knew VP was always town is actually a really good one. It seemed unnecessary to point out that VP is town (1331), it seemed pretty obvious by that point, he could potentially have been trying to highlight he knew it all along. I still could explain this by town!Puppy possibly not realizing we'd all be on the same page there, but it is suspicious for sure

i really do not think Puppy was trying to bait us into wasting investigatives in 1400. That just seems like a terrible idea as scum, if he'd have thought twice (which i'd think he'd do as scum), he could have easily thought better of that request. rather it feels like town making a mistake to me (since he described it as so obvious)
most of your points fall into "too scummy to be scum" so

yeah
green shirt thursdays
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

ah. carry on then
In post 1575, Untrod Tripod wrote:you don't suppose you could summon up this kind of energy to rustle up some scum do you?
Man i wish. All i could see doing at this very moment is just unintentionally plagiarizing points on username or just calling Puppy/Kmd a PoE since i find better reasons for the rest of the players to be town

i haven't reevaluated the bottom half of the town leans though. ill make that my homework then cause thats pretty much why the list of suspects is so small
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 1546, Untrod Tripod wrote:I don't like it because the prescriptive nature of "oh, I guess I'm a reasonable lynch" seems.... vaguely scummy to me. I don't know, a big mea culpa where none was really warranted and no pressure was on him. assuming scumreads on yourself feels scummy to me.
on this point specifically, i listed a pool of {Blair, Morning Tweet, Can'tLynchAPuppy, iamausername} because those were the people to receive votes on D2 before Starbuck dropped her revelation. i assumed scumreads on myself because people were voting for me. seems like a reasonable assumption.

not going to spend any more time defending myself - i backed the wrong horse D1 and played pretty terribly in general, and if i take the fall for that, so be it. it will be a much more worthwhile use of my time to try to figure out the actual scum before i go.

right now, i would place Blair as the most likely candidate, but reread/isoreads are needed. will report back in some number of hours.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

you play the apathetic town martyr role well. i am almost believing it.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: CLAP
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1579, iamausername wrote:
In post 1546, Untrod Tripod wrote:I don't like it because the prescriptive nature of "oh, I guess I'm a reasonable lynch" seems.... vaguely scummy to me. I don't know, a big mea culpa where none was really warranted and no pressure was on him. assuming scumreads on yourself feels scummy to me.
on this point specifically, i listed a pool of {Blair, Morning Tweet, Can'tLynchAPuppy, iamausername} because those were the people to receive votes on D2 before Starbuck dropped her revelation. i assumed scumreads on myself because people were voting for me. seems like a reasonable assumption.
I don't understand how your pool matches up to UT's observation, unless if you're saying folks in that pool have been saying--because of those votes that you noted--"oh, I guess I'm a reasonably lynch"?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1579, iamausername wrote:not going to spend any more time defending myself - i backed the wrong horse D1 and played pretty terribly in general, and if i take the fall for that, so be it. it will be a much more worthwhile use of my time to try to figure out the actual scum before i go.
Actually went back because I thought I had missed your defense. I did not.

As a person who spent 20 pages trying to stop you and others from purging me over Auro, I think at least some defense of the case against you is warranted?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Re: puppy case - doesn't feel super convincing to me. But I appreciate the drunk case. I assume this is what it is like to be a real detective.

Like I can maybe see some of the points, but only if I read puppy's actions in the least charitable way. Best point seems to be assumption of 4 scum and the associated scum pool. Putting one buddy in that pool would definitely be a move I'd do as scum for future town cred if flipped. But, on the flip side, 4 scum also seems like an assumption someone could just make.

GC, curious what you found the strongest points of the CLAP case to be.

Hoopla, did your revelation say 4 mafia or generally 4 people with non town goals?
YOUR AD HERE

CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

(two scum in a row!)

man i knew every time i opened the thread and didn't post i'd regret leaving more work for me to make later

gotta go through and hunt down some posts. reck's case on me reads town (i only skimmed it though), gc sheeping it feels the more scum. also i like the IAAU wagon and might park my vote there, but i kind of wwant to discuss a little more before i bring that to L-1. (two scum in a row!!!)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:43 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1458, AGar wrote:
@CLAP
, re: - Why?
i voted IAAU (may vote again) because i think he's been kinda lurk-skimming and he's been in the wrong places at the wrong times and his suspects have all ended up in my town pool.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:46 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

why is there a cool kids club of people with this green blue angry rectangle face avatar
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:47 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1552, Hoopla wrote:also, i have a revelation.

i've been hanging onto it because it's not super useful, and there was a part of me that suspected there would be some hidden countermeasure to punish people for revealing revelations unnecessarily.

does anyone have any reasons for or against claiming revelations?
if u htink it will help now go for it i guess
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1584, VP Baltar wrote:Hoopla, did your revelation say 4 mafia or generally 4 people with non town goals?
i was told there are four anti-town players in the game.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:49 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

to be honest,
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

sorry to lay down the law

but...

cheekiness is not a substitute for content.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:59 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

no, some of the posts i remembered having to respond to were just farside making busywork or reck poking at me a little

i still feel pretty good about my townreads and with two scum dead i honestly don't feel huge pressure to go around scumhunting all that hard

ill do some rereading later and then vote
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1589, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1584, VP Baltar wrote:Hoopla, did your revelation say 4 mafia or generally 4 people with non town goals?
i was told there are four anti-town players in the game.
Ok, thanks. One thing that did occur to me when I was trying to reconcile that info with an apparent lack of serial killer and the large amount of people looking pretty town at this point, is the potential for a survivor.

Could be a cult as you suggested, but those always end up so swingy and unpredictable, whereas a survivor could easily skate as town and things will get very confusing if we manage to root out all the scum but the game is still going.
YOUR AD HERE

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1585, CantHateAPuppy wrote:(two scum in a row!)

man i knew every time i opened the thread and didn't post i'd regret leaving more work for me to make later

gotta go through and hunt down some posts. reck's case on me reads town (i only skimmed it though), gc sheeping it feels the more scum. also i like the IAAU wagon and might park my vote there, but i kind of wwant to discuss a little more before i bring that to L-1. (two scum in a row!!!)
I didn't like reck's case

but I really don't like this post

like Natalie Imbruglia before me, I'm torn
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1494, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1458, AGar wrote:This is inconsistent with later posting? If you've got this 50/50 that you felt necessary to bring today (I'm fine with D2 vs. D1), why are you prodding outside of it? 1-for-1 is always a transaction that benefits town, so it feels like you should be dead-set on Porkens or Farside.
It probably is. However, I was already questioning MT's defense of both Auro and Porkens during Day 1. Like she literally took it upon herself to try and explain away Auro. Given that I scum read Porkens, the PoE doesn't look that great there. I think that if Porkens flips red, on top of Auro, that there's a high chance that MT might, as well.
AGar, given that what I brought forth is now true, why was it harmful of me to skill scumhunt or, at the very least, say where my suspicion lied outside of it yesterday?

I wasn't sure what was going to happen on the overnight, so I felt it pertinent to put down where I thought the PoE might be in case I was the NK choice.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

is anyone here good at sensing auras?

i tried to ask my ouija board if cantlynchapuppy is scum, but there were too many letters.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1533, Untrod Tripod wrote:so do you think the ABR counterwagon was all town?
I know this isn't pointed at me, but I don't think that's a safe assumption.
In post 1547, VP Baltar wrote:Starbuck + Baltar team cleaning house.
In post 1557, Morning Tweet wrote:having a 50/50 on scum seemed kinda overpowered which was the only thing holding me back from just voting farside immediately, i was gonna review starbuck/farside or something idk but i was never gonna vote Pork at least
I don't really like excuses for not being on a wagon at all. You weren't on one at EOD on Day 1, nor were you on one at EOD on Day 2. I'm okay being wrong about Porkens, but at least I took a stance.
In post 1564, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1557, Morning Tweet wrote:i tried to respond to VP's case as best i could yesterday. Not having scumreads is kinda normal, I didn't really townread Auro so much as wanted to defend the parts of his case that were decidedly NAI, and farside has been in my PoE past early d1 and i'd have never lynched pork before her etc etc
I gotta say

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this defense
Same
In post 1565, Hoopla wrote:i've been quietly ruminating on what this mechanic actually is. is it just random setup info for a handful of players?
It's in the Game Rules. Post 1. Seriously, I don't know what's so hard about reading the rules and seeing what the mechanic is all about.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Im reading Day 2 now and dont want to spend too much time on outdated stuff, but
-To start with the obvious, Starbuck is near confirmed town. There's almost zero chance she, as scum, fakes info to bus farside who was townread by quite a few, just to give herself in town status if successful.
-VP is pretty obvtown. Being the counter wagon to auro is big enough, but Starbuck may be right about ABR having a 50/50 as well
-I don't get the Morning Tweet suspicion. It looks like the case is simply "was wrong about Auro".
- I think my biggest scum reads up to Page 54 are Cantlynchapuppy and iamausername for a combination of my early suspicions and their Day 1 votes. Cantlynchapuppy had a weird ABR vote right before Auro was eliminated and I didn't like iamausername's VP vote.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1597, Starbuck wrote:It's in the Game Rules. Post 1. Seriously, I don't know what's so hard about reading the rules and seeing what the mechanic is all about.
mmm mmm but there is a
twist

you know.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”