Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Hel »

In post 496, Titus wrote:
In post 494, Hel wrote:Read Menalque's plan again, Titus. We play normally with the only difference being replacing the L-1 and hammer votes with HURT: votes. Once we've "lynched" two people, we let the shipmaster (Not Known 15) decide on who we really lynch of the two.

This is actually preferable to playing normally and accidentally wagoning and driving a lynch on the Tomboy Daughter, because that would be an autoloss then if the shipmaster mysteriously decided to out and veto that lynch suddenly.

Oh, wait, I just realised the Tomboy Daughter could technically claim shipmaster if driven to L-1 and that would be fine too, but it still gives scum a 50/50 on that person if it happens.
I disagree because now NK 15's reads are placed above that of town. What if NK 15 gets agency captured?

This is a common gripe with unkillable town. Scum know exactly where they need to play around.

This same problem made T v A immensely hard for me and I didn't have to force town into wagoning two people at all.
Not Known 15 doesn't need to give out reads. He just gets the final pick of the 2 lynches so we have a fail-safe in case the Daughter is one of them.
Hectic
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 499, Hel wrote:I think I require enlightenment on this meme. Explanation requested.
It’s commentary on the recent policy change away from using “lynch” on site. It would appear that notscience is backing the terrible “clowned” replacement option, instead of the fantastic “guillotined” replacement.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 479, Datisi wrote:unless mena and nk15 are scum together and this is an elaborate galaxy brain gambit
;) :twisted:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 501, Menalque wrote:is backing the terrible “clowned” replacement option,
Ew
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Only i should be allowed to use that term.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 469, Datisi wrote:the 14/17 thing was a joke then?
I was gonna say I’m like 80% on town you and then I was like “hey, that should be 80% above the pure rand chance then right?” and when I worked out the random chance I wasn’t sure what 80% above that would be but I wouldn’t say I’m like 90% sure you’re town so I just went with it
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 469, Datisi wrote:which games were these?
Nomination; GnR III; a newbie I’m pretty sure; normal 2119

I would consider both nomination and GnR to be weird setup games, although tbf he was scum in nomination
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 224, Menalque wrote:Okay but: have you ever met norwee?
Yes, they should know who I am.
In post 298, Menalque wrote:I’m concerned that there is the attempt to force a townbloc on page 12 with 2 of my scumreads in it
You're not normally this shallow.

@notscience usernames unawareness and anger looks quite real to me and hard to fake with how he handled the situation what pinged you for it?
Side note: Now that it's Kuri does that change anything?
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

I wish Alisae and Mena would hush for a day. They have 2/5th of the games posts and it's quite annoying to read. Although I am voting Mena so that should help.
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 507, Maki Harukawa wrote:Yes, they should know who I am.
? I have no idea who you are.

- Bunno
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

The only thing I got from this catchup was my read on Norwe going up to nullish and RR is probably town.
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

So only three of you know who I am? Interesting given this is a public alt. I don't know how this affects my reads. I'll have to think about it.
Execute Mena
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok i just discovered your main by searching your alt name on google. (Spoilers obviously)

- Bunno
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:19 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.7

Titus [1] - maxwell
Iconeum [1] - Datisi
NorwegianboyEE [2] - Hel, Moment
Datisi [1] - GuiltyLion
Not Known 15 [1] - Umlaut
Menalque [1] - Maki Harukawa
notscience [1] - username
maxwell [2] - Menalque, NorwegianboyEE
Hel [1] - Radical Rat

Not Voting [6]
- Something_Smart, Iconeum, Titus, Alisae, notscience, Not Known 15

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-07-11 13:35:31)

I am shipping...

Linen
[10] - Alisae, Maki Harukawa, GuiltyLion, Something_Smart, Not Known 15, maxwell, Menalque, Iconeum, , notscience, Umlaut
Copper
[4] - Titus, NorwegianboyEE, username, Radical Rat
Wheat
[3] - Datisi, Hel, Moment

Let's Inspect...

Linen
[1] - Radical Rat
Copper
[2] - Hel, Moment
Wheat
[2] - Umlaut, NorwegianboyEE
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 511, Maki Harukawa wrote:So only three of you know who I am? Interesting given this is a public alt. I don't know how this affects my reads. I'll have to think about it.
Execute Mena
I know. I just am sitting on it. Meta is weak anyway. If that factors in at all, you should know that.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Craig Pelton
Craig Pelton
Townie
Craig Pelton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Craig Pelton »

I’ll probably quieten down when I’m more comfortable with the gamestate, and if I feel like people who I’m scumreading or otherwise uncomfortable aren’t trying to lead the game

I think the approach you’re taking to me is odd, maki
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 515, Craig Pelton wrote:I’ll probably quieten down when I’m more comfortable with the gamestate, and if I feel like people who I’m scumreading or otherwise uncomfortable aren’t trying to lead the game

fuck
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 508, Maki Harukawa wrote:I wish Alisae and Mena would hush for a day. They have 2/5th of the games posts and it's quite annoying to read. Although I am voting Mena so that should help.
I specifically want Ali to comment on the problem I see with NK claiming early and how it screws up town dynamics.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 517, Titus wrote:I specifically want Ali to comment on the problem I see with NK claiming early and how it screws up town dynamics.
Do you think it is strongly AI for the answer? Atm I have you/myself/Username/RR/Alisae as strong townreads. Any you disagree on here?
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Hel »

In post 516, Menalque wrote:
In post 515, Craig Pelton wrote:I’ll probably quieten down when I’m more comfortable with the gamestate, and if I feel like people who I’m scumreading or otherwise uncomfortable aren’t trying to lead the game

fuck
Wow
Hectic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 518, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 517, Titus wrote:I specifically want Ali to comment on the problem I see with NK claiming early and how it screws up town dynamics.
Do you think it is strongly AI for the answer? Atm I have you/myself/Username/RR/Alisae as strong townreads. Any you disagree on here?
I don't think it's strongly AI unless someone replies with something blatantly false. Town and scum would both be concerned with game health overall and both would agree with the concerns I am raising.

Ftr, I don't believe NK15 felt he was antitown by outing. He wasn't part of T v A and didn't see how someone being conftown and in control of lynches (despite trying not to) impacts the game. The less controlling I was, the better town did. So the dual lynch thing might be the best we have, but it's still a problem.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 518, Maki Harukawa wrote:Atm I have you/myself/Username/RR/Alisae as strong townreads. Any you disagree on here?
I don't see enough from RR to justify including him. I am ok with the others.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:09 am

Post by notscience »

In post 507, Maki Harukawa wrote:@notscience usernames unawareness and anger looks quite real to me and hard to fake with how he handled the situation what pinged you for it?
Side note: Now that it's Kuri does that change anything?
Yes it’s why I unvoted , see my explanation about the thriller movies

What was really him alluding to kuribo I thought was scum grandstanding. But looking back with that new lens it’s obvious my reasons for suspecting him were wrong and the reaction to me felt Genuine.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

Well looks like some things happened.

UNVOTE: NK15

Catching up in a bit.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Umlaut »

I really hate that claim (that big bold "
Enough
" is really lame) and how NK15 has basically excused himself from playing the game, but I may as well provisionally accept it since it gets confirmed tomorrow anyway.

Scattered thoughts:
  • I think we all agree Menalque is town.
  • I've decided Radical Rat is town as well; his gamesolving attempts seem to come from a town place (though also seem a bit like cat-herding; his plan in requires close to unanimous agreement to be workable)
  • I agree with the arguments that username tone-slipping so quickly is probably a towntell.
  • notscience' vocal suspicion of the NK claim is weird and pings me
  • I kind of agree with but given the cat is out of the bag we have to make the best of it.
  • I think there's a high probability there is at least one smuggler in those who haven't posted since NK15 outed. (Which is six players so that's not a hugely impressive deduction I guess)
VOTE: notscience
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”