I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

gamma wrote: -iamausername feels town earlygame, the hop off Auro here
In post 544, iamausername wrote:
UNVOTE: Auro
VOTE: VP Baltar

lost my taste for the Auro wagon right around this post.

in other news, AGar has now thoroughly ingratiated himself into my town reads - can't imagine this post coming from scum - there are clear benefits for scum to not alerting everyone to the source of the misunderstanding, pretty much regardless of Blair/Starbuck alignments.

just feels gut-town to me for some reason
Really? Because that's like the main post that has me thinking iamausername is a likely auro-buddy.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:34 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1547, VP Baltar wrote:I see Agars post on gamma's slot, but is that it?
I got hella trashed last night on a zoom hangout, and was hella trashed on said hangout when I posted that. I'll slap a bit more meat on that bone before the end of the day. In the meantime, I still can't spell slap without fucking it up first. Whoof.

I like what UT's serving in . Dope.

Sure
don't
In post 1595, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1494, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1458, AGar wrote:This is inconsistent with later posting? If you've got this 50/50 that you felt necessary to bring today (I'm fine with D2 vs. D1), why are you prodding outside of it? 1-for-1 is always a transaction that benefits town, so it feels like you should be dead-set on Porkens or Farside.
It probably is. However, I was already questioning MT's defense of both Auro and Porkens during Day 1. Like she literally took it upon herself to try and explain away Auro. Given that I scum read Porkens, the PoE doesn't look that great there. I think that if Porkens flips red, on top of Auro, that there's a high chance that MT might, as well.
AGar, given that what I brought forth is now true, why was it harmful of me to skill scumhunt or, at the very least, say where my suspicion lied outside of it yesterday?

I wasn't sure what was going to happen on the overnight, so I felt it pertinent to put down where I thought the PoE might be in case I was the NK choice.
It wasn't harmful. It was just odd the way the 50/50 came about. I was trying to wrap my head around it because it wasn't how I would have presented it - start the day off in one direction and then go ahead and say "Oh but wait, I have this 50/50 we can use," a bit later.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:57 am

Post by iamausername »

first pass reread of D1 complete.

current conclusions:

the day would not have played out the way it did if VP Baltar was scum. VP Baltar is town.
AGar is also extremely obvtown. Llamarble (Gamma) too.
will probably skip isoreading these (and Starbuck, who is obvtown from d2).

so our candidates are:

Blair
- bad push on Starbuck followed by general lack of any substance while the day seemed to be drifting towards a VP Baltar execution, followed by a sudden desperate lunge at ABR when he single-handedly shifted momentum to Auro. still reads extremely scummy to me.

CantLynchAPuppy
- general apathy to everything. actually read a little less scummy than i expected, will try to pin this down in isoread.

Green Crayons
- was wagonned early which led to VP Baltar counterwagon. at the time i saw this as a good thing, and therefore felt GC was probably town, but this seems a lot less solid in retrospect. further scrutiny is required.

Hoopla
- conspiracy theory that she suggested Auro's VT claim in the hope that she could use statistics to push the execution somewhere else. not sure how much credence i give this, but it's definitely a concern. is generally a tricky one.

Kmd4390
- has basically spent the entire game playing several pages behind everyone else. very difficult to get any kind of read on him as a result.

Morning Tweet
- i get what other people are seeing here on, like, an intellectual level, but i'm still not sure i'm feeling it.

Untrod Tripod
- actually almost put him in the obvtown category too, but for whatever reason, i feel a need to double check here where i don't with AGar/Llama. but generally found him to be very genuine throughout, doubt that anything will turn up.

xRECKONERx
- i just reread D1 and i still don't remember anything in particular that Reck actually did on D1, but during D2 i remember him coming off extremely town, so i'm less concerned about that.

onto D2, which is mercifully a lot shorter. then isoreads.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1600, Kmd4390 wrote:
gamma wrote: -iamausername feels town earlygame, the hop off Auro here
In post 544, iamausername wrote:
UNVOTE: Auro
VOTE: VP Baltar

lost my taste for the Auro wagon right around this post.

in other news, AGar has now thoroughly ingratiated himself into my town reads - can't imagine this post coming from scum - there are clear benefits for scum to not alerting everyone to the source of the misunderstanding, pretty much regardless of Blair/Starbuck alignments.

just feels gut-town to me for some reason
Really? Because that's like the main post that has me thinking iamausername is a likely auro-buddy.
yep

username's progression from VPB->Auro->back to VPB makes sense as town from their iso I think - they were already suspecting VPB a bit and thought that the way VPB went after Auro was bad, so username went back to voting VPB. Also think that username's comment later that Auro looked more town for what Hoopla said about him playing very atypically compared to ordinary playstyles in general (or however that was phrased) seems perfectly fine.

tbf you could also replace the above with me explaining it by saying "yep, GUT" instead and it wouldn't be substantially different but that's how I feel about it
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm going to do this more because a)username's wagon is bigger than hers and I'd much rather yeet Morning Tweet and b) I probably should actually vote someone I guess than because I'm particularly confident in MT being scum.
VOTE: Morning Tweet
In post 853, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 851, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
I mean he seems more concerned with looking town. High effort, but not detail-oriented. He's usually a stronger scumhunter than he's here. Could be an off game, could be scum. We need votes to find out.
I would not be surprised at all if this game is harder to get into for him. I suppose he could be scum but because of the likelihood that this is just a difficult game, it doesn't make me feel like he has any extra chances of being scum

VOTE: VP l-2
So this feels like the WEIRDEST post in all of Morning Tweet's iso imo. I italicized basically all of it because none of it is actually talking about VPB - it's talking about Auro with ABR, and there's what feels like an unrelated vote on VPB at the end of it. farside also asked MT why she was voting VPB here fairly soon after and I don't think it ever got answered.

Like. It's just really strange to me that after feeling like she waffled on making a serious vote for 40 pages that the final vote to come out of it is unexplained and not even related to what she was taslking about in the post aside from the post kind of sort of defending Auro and VPB being the other wagon that ABR wanted. I'd appreciate other people's thoughts on this and a why from Morning Tweet on what exactly made her want to vote VPB then.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I feel like MT/user is a not unlikely scumteam here so I don't fucking care what order we do it in
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I don’t see the user case.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1584, VP Baltar wrote:GC, curious what you found the strongest points of the CLAP case to be.
1672’s tldr is a pretty good reason to vote CLAP
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1598, Kmd4390 wrote:- I think my biggest scum reads up to Page 54 are Cantlynchapuppy and iamausername for a combination of my early suspicions and their Day 1 votes. Cantlynchapuppy had a weird ABR vote right before Auro was eliminated and I didn't like iamausername's VP vote.
Can you spin both of these out more? You’ve been p quiet and these suspicions don’t really have much meat on them.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Hoopla »

what to do

what to do

UNVOTE:
VOTE: morning tweet
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

@Starbucks saying "at least i took a stance"

i thought my stance on Pork vs. farside would be pretty clear considering Pork was my highest tr.

@Gamma asking about the VP vote

VP and auro were both non townreads. they're the only two wagons. ABR was forcing votes. i found part of Auros case to be nai, and i hadnt looked deep into the rest of it probably as i made the vote. I just sheeped the VP wagon really because i didnt have too much of a preference at that time

hae i missed any lingering questions?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@MT[/]: what are your thoughts on user, CLAP, and kmd?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

i gave the small amount of thoughts I had on them yesterday. they deserve scrutiny but it's mostly already coming from other better players. My current thought is that its username>Puppy>Kmd in chances of being scum, with username/Puppy not being a possible team. think it's probable the 4th scum is outside them. the best hidden scum player on the team, probably someone who plays scum well but does not have a revelation (Except perhaps Hooplas revelation could be from scum)

see I was thinking scum needs to fake revelations to win the game since we can clear several players based off of them AND get scum hunting info from them. they need to disrupt that by faking some revelations surely. But either scum wasnt bold enough to do it or they just didnt think of that because Pork/Reck/stsrbuck arent scum and I dont think hoopla is either but for her i think its at least possible
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1610, Morning Tweet wrote:@Starbucks saying "at least i took a stance"

i thought my stance on Pork vs. farside would be pretty clear considering Pork was my highest tr.
You didn't take a stance with your vote for two days in a row according to EOD vote counts.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

vote MT
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Hoopla »

sound the horns!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

That's L-2 i think, 2 more 2 more

@Starbuck I guess i didnt make it clear enough towards end of d2. I had no intention of voting Pork and the only reason id vote anyone else would be if Starbucks claim were found to be faulty somehow. I didnt vote for farside immediately cause i wanted to actually reread and feel like i wasnt just blindly sleeping i guess. That never happened though.

Sucks that my voting pattern is the strongest lead town has rn but i guess that's how it rolls sometimes. Had i been energized enough to solve, would that have helped? Probably. 100% my bad for not giving my place to someone else during D1 when i realized i wasnt going to get into this like i should. I wanted to hold out until i did
but it didnt happen
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1607, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1584, VP Baltar wrote:GC, curious what you found the strongest points of the CLAP case to be.
1672’s tldr is a pretty good reason to vote CLAP
Assuming you mean 1572.

I'd repeat my question though because "all of them" isn't really an answer. Which specific points are you agreeing with most? Are there any that don't sway you?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

“To be honest” is dumb
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1615, Hoopla wrote:sound the horns!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I don’t really understand your Q. Or, I should say, the motivation behind it in terms of what you’re trying to clarify.

Cases usually don’t involve silver bullets. There isn’t one single thing that I think is the deal sealer. It’s the totality of Reck’s observation of CLAP’s D1 play. And I think CLAP is on a potential bus slot for the farside wagon.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

UT im lynching you tomorrow FYI
green shirt thursdays
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

an observation from left-field apropos of nothing;
In post 540, xRECKONERx wrote:well, for whatever it's worth, i'm not living long in this game because scum know something specific about me.
In post 1445, farside22 wrote:Just an fyi i had some info too, which was why I believed star. My info helps scum more then town tbf.
farside opted for a similar style of revelation-softclaiming as reck earlier in the game.

though scum should be thinking about their strategy re: revelations, my intuition suggests that two scum wouldn't both soft a revelation D1.

could reck/farside both be so crafty?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1622, Hoopla wrote:could reck/farside both be so crafty?
no

also good catch bc if farside actually had a revelation that means everyone else who has one is town per the ruleset
green shirt thursdays
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

oh i totally forgot farside said that. I still believe Recks. we cant full clear off of revelations because a.) maybe farside wasnt the real scum with one and b.) scum can still fake them anyway. I think the applies to any delayed revelations we might get in the future than it does to the existing ones though

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”