Mafia of Revelations ~ Game Over!

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1623, xRECKONERx wrote:no

also good catch bc if farside actually had a revelation that means everyone else who has one is town per the ruleset
hmm

i was under the impression you were a town drunk type of character, but some have heralded your acting chops as scum. i haven't seen it.

~~

a question for the readers:

surely reck isn't savvy enough to plant such a delicious softclaim seed there as scum, is he?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

it
was
really tasty
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Vi »

:right:
Morning Tweet (Y-2)
~ Starbuck, VP Baltar, Gammagooey, Hoopla, Untrod Tripod
iamausername (Y-5)
~
(Untrod Tripod, Hoopla,)
Blair, Morning Tweet
CantLynchAPuppy (Y-5)
~ xRECKONERx, Green Crayons

Not Yeeting:
AGar, CantLynchAPuppy,
(Green Crayons,)
iamausername, Kmd4390,
(Gammagooey, xRECKONERx)

--With 13 alive, it will take 7 votes to yeet a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Monday, 13 July 2020.
(10 days left)
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1621, xRECKONERx wrote:UT im lynching you tomorrow FYI
why
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1625, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1623, xRECKONERx wrote:no

also good catch bc if farside actually had a revelation that means everyone else who has one is town per the ruleset
hmm

i was under the impression you were a town drunk type of character, but some have heralded your acting chops as scum. i haven't seen it.

~~

a question for the readers:

surely reck isn't savvy enough to plant such a delicious softclaim seed there as scum, is he?
he is

he's also very good at either subtlety or more often not subtlety pushing wagons away from scum and onto town though when he's scum

And I have a hard time thinking he'd sit around on GC for all of day 1 as scum when a scumbuddy was in danger of being lynched the whole time
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Green Crayons »

If we have everyone with a revelation claim they have a revelation, does that help us narrow town pool?

I don’t think so but just throwing it out there in case if I’m missing something.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1514, xRECKONERx wrote:i believe starbuck's specific fullclaim because reasons

don't waste an investigation there check someone else

or how about if we have a detective or something we don't out them for no reason that seems good

im going to beat UT to it because fuck UT

VOTE: farside
fyi in terms of Reck’s revelation
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1629, Gammagooey wrote:he is

he's also very good at either subtlety or more often not subtlety pushing wagons away from scum and onto town though when he's scum

And I have a hard time thinking he'd sit around on GC for all of day 1 as scum when a scumbuddy was in danger of being lynched the whole time
hot tip, kid
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1630, Green Crayons wrote:If we have everyone with a revelation claim they have a revelation, does that help us narrow town pool?

I don’t think so but just throwing it out there in case if I’m missing something.
It depends on how many revelations are actually confirmable - presumably there's a Tarhalindur in the game b/c this is a theme Vi game and if it's scum they could easily claim something like 'I know Tarhalindur, <X> over Mafia is in the game and is a mafia <role> or something like that for a revelation.

I kinda doubt that farside was the scum with the revelation, and even if she was then another scum player could claim what it was to shield themselves too. It's p. hard to get information out of it now that we've already gotten 2 out of 4 scum, it seems like the only one revelation holder is mafia thing would be more for narrowing down scum if we got near endgame with 3-4 left and needed to make a group of probtown and group of probscum to narrow things down for immediate yeetings.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1633, Gammagooey wrote:presumably there's a Tarhalindur in the game b/c this is a theme Vi game and if it's scum they could easily claim something like 'I know Tarhalindur, over Mafia is in the game and is a mafia or something like that for a revelation.
presumably? i didn't presume that!

i'm a simpleton used to the vanilla ways of the normal queue. i have no idea what goes on here. what is this 'tarhalindur' idea?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Gammagooey »

look at Vi's modded games
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vi

Every game that isn't an open or a newbie or something else that pretty much rules out putting a single wacky role in the game has Tarhalindur, <X> over Mafia as a role, which is generally (but not always) anti-town, and doesn't quite fit the flavor/theme of the rest of the game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1620, Green Crayons wrote:I don’t really understand your Q. Or, I should say, the motivation behind it in terms of what you’re trying to clarify.

Cases usually don’t involve silver bullets. There isn’t one single thing that I think is the deal sealer. It’s the totality of Reck’s observation of CLAP’s D1 play. And I think CLAP is on a potential bus slot for the farside wagon.
I'm trying to get you to articulate what you think the case on Puppy actually is because I don't find it that strong, so when I see someone just sheeping on to it, I want them to actually explain their position. I never said a word about a "silver bullet" or a "deal sealer." I asked you to explain, with words, what you thought the best reasons were. I'm not really sure what is so confusing there or difficult to answer.
In post 1622, Hoopla wrote:farside opted for a similar style of revelation-softclaiming as reck earlier in the game.

though scum should be thinking about their strategy re: revelations, my intuition suggests that two scum wouldn't both soft a revelation D1.

could reck/farside both be so crafty?
I don't really find these things that similar. Farside's was under pressure, iirc. Seems like it could be something she faked, especially since she never made an actual revelation claim. Reck's seems more ahead of the curve.
In post 1630, Green Crayons wrote:If we have everyone with a revelation claim they have a revelation, does that help us narrow town pool?

I think this only makes sense if we believe farside was the scum with info. I'm not sure I really do. Ostensibly, that info would help a scum fake claim, so if it was hers I don't see why she wouldn't have revealed it to try and stop her purge yesterday. Now, if it was her buddy's and she didn't want to outright steal it for herself, I could see the soft claim.
In post 1633, Gammagooey wrote:presumably there's a Tarhalindur in the game
good memory! I totally forgot about this aspect of Vi games.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1315, Morning Tweet wrote:I can confirm I struggle really hard to scumread D1 quite a lot, you just checked a game where something very interesting happened during RVS, a player was put to L-1 and nearly hammered immediately. I've been getting better at it I suppose, but this game isn't going so well in that department for me. To be honest I kind of underestimated myself, recently I have been getting scumreads more. Here's an example if you like though
Ok, so I've looked at this game and even there it does not appear you have trouble scumhunting necessarily. You link to Post 583 as proof of your indecision.

But as early as post 144viewtopic.php?p=11810992#p11810992 you're giving reads in response to someone saying you're not scumhunting enough.

Like I can possibly believe you have struggled in the past to for scum reads, but I don't really follow that as far as to say you could go an entire first day without some kind of reads of your own and then slink onto a scum counter wagon.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Blair -- thoughts on MT and puppy?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP

But as early as Post 144 you're giving reads in response to someone saying you're not scumhunting enough.
YOUR AD HERE

CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:38 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

what is a tarhalindur
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1640, CantHateAPuppy wrote:what is a tarhalindur
Former MS user. Frequent bastard character in Vi games
YOUR AD HERE

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1640, CantHateAPuppy wrote:what is a tarhalindur
He was on the site in the late 2000s/early 2010s and had some of the coolest themed and mechanic style games.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Vi »

:right:
Morning Tweet (Y-2)
~ Starbuck, VP Baltar, Gammagooey, Hoopla, Untrod Tripod
iamausername (Y-5)
~ Blair, Morning Tweet
CantLynchAPuppy (Y-5)
~ xRECKONERx, Green Crayons

Not Yeeting:
AGar, CantLynchAPuppy, iamausername, Kmd4390

--With 13 alive, it will take 7 votes to yeet a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Monday, 13 July 2020.
(9 days left)
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

My revelation is that Morning Tweet is actually Untrod Tripod.

You can see it in the vote count.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1638, VP Baltar wrote:@Blair -- thoughts on MT and puppy?
Puppy I could see possibly being scum based on wagonomics but the actual points laid out against him I haven't found very persuasive.

MT I am struggling to read. I could lean scum here but I struggle to articulate why.

IAAU feels best to me.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I sent Vi a PM that got read about that.

Vi: can you confirm that the votecount in 1643 is accurate?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1646, Untrod Tripod wrote:I sent Vi a PM that got read about that.

Vi: can you confirm that the votecount in 1643 is accurate?
It is now.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1636, VP Baltar wrote:I'm trying to get you to articulate what you think the case on Puppy actually is because I don't find it that strong, so when I see someone just sheeping on to it, I want them to actually explain their position. I never said a word about a "silver bullet" or a "deal sealer." I asked you to explain, with words, what you thought the best reasons were. I'm not really sure what is so confusing there or difficult to answer.
Okay. Then I have answered your Q.
In post 1607, Green Crayons wrote:1672’s tldr is a pretty good reason to vote CLAP
In post 1620, Green Crayons wrote:There isn’t one single thing that I think is the deal sealer. It’s the totality of Reck’s observation of CLAP’s D1 play. And I think CLAP is on a potential bus slot for the farside wagon.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: MT

Claim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”