Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

If doing _____ causes you to become universally townread or gives you a lot of town-cred - then it doesn't make sense for you to say doing _______ means you're definitely not scum - that's kind of what scum want to do - become universally townread.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:42 pm

In post 962, Clover Ebi wrote:I don't mind not being in the co it isn't a great concern to me on if it passes or fails because if I'm in it I have more time to just town tell. Although, that should mean you guys get into focus on who you do townread. It's probably way too risky to put me in the co since people don't seem to townread me and if it fails I'm on the chopping block. With that being said
HURT: all
Good luck!

While you're here Clover,

Is this above post an act or did you mean it?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Of course I meant it.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 1550, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If doing _____ causes you to become universally townread or gives you a lot of town-cred - then it doesn't make sense for you to say doing _______ means you're definitely not scum - that's kind of what scum want to do - become universally townread.
You're acting like the game is that black and white when really it isn't the case. Do you think my partner is inside the co or outside and if it's outside then who
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 1549, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1547, Clover Ebi wrote:Also trying to say that scum would just do something for the sake of not making sense/bad scum play isn't really a good argument
it makes exactly as much sense as saying "X isn't scum because X did this thing that Scum wouldn't do if Scum were X"
If you use this kind of logic that would put almost every townread and scumread into question.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:13 pm

In post 1552, Clover Ebi wrote:Of course I meant it.
ok so why did you end up putting yourself back in the coalition?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:18 pm

In post 1554, Clover Ebi wrote:If you use this kind of logic that would put almost every townread and scumread into question.
the whole point of the game is to question everything - there aren't any absolute town or scum tells - everything happens in shades of grey
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 1555, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1552, Clover Ebi wrote:Of course I meant it.
ok so why did you end up putting yourself back in the coalition?
Because we were getting close to deadline plus Klick said he could convince people not to vote me and since people don't think Klick is scum I'm very confused how people can think I am.
In post 1556, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1554, Clover Ebi wrote:If you use this kind of logic that would put almost every townread and scumread into question.
the whole point of the game is to question everything - there aren't any absolute town or scum tells - everything happens in shades of grey
I'm not disagreeing with you, but saying that I did this action just because it would get me townread as scum isn't really a good way to go about things because you can use that argument for anything. You still haven't answered the most important question on who do you think my partner is. If it's outside the co you're just thinking I did that for a hail mary. If you thought it was inside than that would make more sense but you're just avoiding the question.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Would I pull that move as scum? No, never. But that's not really a defense. But I don't think you've even pointed out what makes me scummy to begin with.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

The question is never
can
scum do that it's
why
would scum do that. To get townread isn't the answer because that's obviously the base of every mafia game. Am I not making sense do you not get the point I'm trying to make?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:28 pm

In post 1557, Clover Ebi wrote:Because we were getting close to deadline plus Klick said he could convince people not to vote me and since people don't think Klick is scum I'm very confused how people can think I am.
Even if I was 100% sure Klick is town - it doesn't mean I would 100% trust his opinion of your guilt/innocence one way or the other
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I guess that's where we differ as players
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:36 pm

In post 1558, Clover Ebi wrote:Would I pull that move as scum? No, never. But that's not really a defense. But I don't think you've even pointed out what makes me scummy to begin with.
I feel like you're not trying very hard - the general feel of your play so far this game has been very soft and go with the flowy like you don't want to be caught out doing something.

Even when you put your vote on me you didn't come after me particularly hard - if you really believed that I'm the scum in the coalition - then why did you not defend Koba when they got ran up to L-1 suddenly after coalition failure? Instead you seemed to be ok with your vote just sitting there on me doing nothing - I don't see why you would do that if you were convinced I should be lynched instead of Koba.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Why do the qualities you pointed out make me scum? I would disagree with the fact that I'm not trying very hard. But I am a lot more of a relaxed player than most people I've seen considering my style of play. It's not about wanting to get out it's just my personality.

And to answer your second question, it was because Koba was the other person I didn't really mind getting voted after you. I wasn't 100% confident in your scum flip and Koba flipping town would make me reconsider a world with scum you because of how much they were townreading you.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I've always been a firm believer in teamwork and hearing out other peoples options. When someone has that strong a townread on you like Koba did of course I was going to step back a little. I didn't think you guys were SvS so there had to be some merit in that read. But I was still confident in one of your scum flips. So I didn't really mind who it was that got wagoned between the two of you.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm

because scum are the ones who don't care which townie gets lynched
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

If I am to be considered scummy for trusting other peoples opinion over my own than I am the most scummy person you will ever meet.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:24 pm

no if you just sheeped klick you would've voted to lynch koba

you made an active decision to vote for me instead of voting for koba and also to not defend koba or try to push me very hard when koba was almost lynched.

Now the way I read that is you are scum who didn't want his vote to be on koba-town who was going to get lynched but you don't mind him being lynched because you don't really care which townie between Pooky and Koba gets lynched.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 1567, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:no if you just sheeped klick you would've voted to lynch koba

you made an active decision to vote for me instead of voting for koba and also to not defend koba or try to push me very hard when koba was almost lynched.

Now the way I read that is you are scum who didn't want his vote to be on koba-town who was going to get lynched but you don't mind him being lynched because you don't really care which townie between Pooky and Koba gets lynched.
I voted for you when Koba has 2 votes I was not here when Koba was at L-1 or I would've stated intent. If you'll see I was away from the site. You're just making things up at this point
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:15 pm

you voted for me after klick voted for koba -

when you say you trusted other people's opinion - who exactly are you talking about? the only person voting for me other than you is Aldus.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1549, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1547, Clover Ebi wrote:Also trying to say that scum would just do something for the sake of not making sense/bad scum play isn't really a good argument
it makes exactly as much sense as saying "X isn't scum because X did this thing that Scum wouldn't do if Scum were X"
This is false logic because it doesn't take into account reading the room. In order to think Clover is scum, you have to assume Clover knew he would get townread for his behavior
and
decided it was the best play he could make. I don't think Clover plausibly sees the gamestate going in the direction it did - and if I specifically hadn't pushed for Clover to be townread, it would have had no effect. You're assuming Clover either placed his entire game on someone townreading him for this gambit enough to put him in the coalition, or he already had his buddy in the coalition (in which case he's not the lynch today anyway).
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Pooky
Your scumread on Clover feels fake.

We have less than a day. I'll be leaving my vote here unless this doesn't take off and there's a viable Sleeper wagon.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

how much ya wanna bet that clover is the counterwagon to a scum!pooky?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 1509, Klick wrote:In fact I've just worked out what exactly it is that's bothering me about the gamestate

A bunch of people asked me to towncase Clover, so I did. And then everyone basically ignored it (except for Koba, who just said they agreed). And now Clover's getting wagoned without any real reasons and without any engagement with my reasons for thinking he's town.

@everyone (but specifically Pooky, Clover and Wug):
I'd like it if you went and looked at my thoughts on Clover in , and gave your thoughts on the towncase there. I've convinced myself that Clover is the most likely player in the game to be town, and if you want to execute Clover then it'd be great if you could tell me why those thoughts aren't valid.

Particularly, if Clover is scum I don't think his play makes any sense in regards to trying to get into a coalition that doesn't lose him the game. UNLESS Clover is scum with someone else in the coalition who has been safe in the coalition for some time. In which case, it makes no sense to vote Clover first.

PEdit: I wanted to post this about an hour ago and it seems Clover and Chemist have already made different parts of my point for me
TBH I think my eyes glazed over a bit when I first read 1234 because of the length. But going over it again I can see your points. I also think Clover-town makes sense considering the game state right now.

I could be completely wrong and Pooky is town and this is big brain play from Klick in a Klick/Clover team but that's just paranoia speaking.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:02 am

Post by Alduskkel »

~

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”