Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 722, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If C9++
Err excuse me I had like a thousand posts that game or something?

This is a somewhat reliable way to read me btw, but it’s more reliable over the course of a game, I can normally make myself effort the early game and then I burn out late D1 or on D2 and go quiet before picking up again in endgame
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Menalque »

Also I don’t think I ever rolled scum against you in a newbie @norwee?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 726, Menalque wrote:Also I don’t think I ever rolled scum against you in a newbie @norwee?
That one where you replaced out immediately.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

I’m giving ali an honorary “skitter pass” meaning that I will temporarily townread em despite not townreading em
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 727, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 726, Menalque wrote:Also I don’t think I ever rolled scum against you in a newbie @norwee?
That one where you replaced out immediately.
Oh, that was illness, that really shouldn’t be considered representative of my meta. That probably would have been a high effort game if I hadn’t gotten ill
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 722, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think you both are quite easy to read for me at this point tbh, and i'm ready to just settle on both of you being town.
If C9++ and that newbie game i had with Mena are any indication then he is lazy as scum. Here he actually efforts.
Alisae mostly agenda posts as scum, not what they're doing here.
jezz its scary how quickly ur learning to read me >_<
GTKAS
| here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'd like to think you're just complimenting me honestly, but that gave me a bit of goose skin not gonna lie.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 724, Something_Smart wrote:Okay I reread your plan in (nice, btw). I think that a world where the tomboy daughter gets a majority vote, official or unofficial, is not a world we're winning in anyway. Letting NK15 veto executions might work but it probably won't? If we did, he'd have to come up with the right percentage of the time to randomly veto a non-daughter execution (probably 1/15).

Your plan doesn't fix the main problem, which is the chance of the daughter being caught with tea (or equivalently, the chance that NK has to reject an inspection because the daughter is on it). That chance should be zero. Not sure whether inspecting one or two people is best, but either way NK should have full control over who is inspected. Inspecting someone who is likely tomorrow's execution isn't really bad because like I said if that person is the daughter, we were in hot water anyway.
Okay but mechanics are boring and so I’m happy to let others try to solve the question of how we split resources and what we do about inspections

I think this setup is highly scumsided (my suspicion) so I’m kind of not expecting to win that much

The main thing is: is NK choosing between the two scummiest people on each day the best way to avoid lynching the tomboy daughter without giving info on their identity? Which should be doable so long as NK doesn’t give out reads and thereby indicate whether he actively chose one person > the other or because he flipped a coin. If this isn’t the best way to solve the lynching part of the problem, what is?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

good
my intimidation tactics are working
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Menalque »

Oh for Christ’s fucking sake
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 725, Menalque wrote:Err excuse me I had like a thousand posts that game or something?
Also there's something to be said about the difference between tons of posts VS effort. They aren't always mutually exclusive imo.

- Bunno
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 732, Menalque wrote:
In post 724, Something_Smart wrote:Okay I reread your plan in (nice, btw). I think that a world where the tomboy daughter gets a majority vote, official or unofficial, is not a world we're winning in anyway. Letting NK15 veto executions might work but it probably won't? If we did, he'd have to come up with the right percentage of the time to randomly veto a non-daughter execution (probably 1/15).

Your plan doesn't fix the main problem, which is the chance of the daughter being caught with tea (or equivalently, the chance that NK has to reject an inspection because the daughter is on it). That chance should be zero. Not sure whether inspecting one or two people is best, but either way NK should have full control over who is inspected. Inspecting someone who is likely tomorrow's execution isn't really bad because like I said if that person is the daughter, we were in hot water anyway.
Okay but mechanics are boring and so I’m happy to let others try to solve the question of how we split resources and what we do about inspections

I think this setup is highly scumsided (my suspicion) so I’m kind of not expecting to win that much

The main thing is: is NK choosing between the two scummiest people on each day the best way to avoid executing the tomboy daughter without giving info on their identity? Which should be doable so long as NK doesn’t give out reads and thereby indicate whether he actively chose one person > the other or because he flipped a coin. If this isn’t the best way to solve the executing part of the problem, what is?
Ebwop
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 735, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 725, Menalque wrote:Err excuse me I had like a thousand posts that game or something?
Also there's something to be said about the difference between tons of posts VS effort. They aren't always mutually exclusive imo.
I high efforted that game! I counter claimed skitter as a vig and then retracted and then spent a LONG ASS TIME pushing the execution of neither of the claimed cops while somehow not becoming obvscum for doing so! That was very clearly a game where I efforted! It’s like my 4th most efforted scumgame!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Menalque »

Also we won!!!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

People just keep talking shit on my scumgame and then losing to me as scum or TRing me and it’s just a big fucking sigh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

maybe you should channel that energy into this game so you could win this towngame >_>
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

Like yes, I enjoy town much more and yes it’s a slog when I roll scum but like, my scum record is actually pretty impressive and I feel like that hardly ever gets acknowledged
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

mena don't get ahead of yourself
u still got a lot to learn and if I can figure out you were scum by the end of d1 in TM then you still got a ways to go
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 740, Alisae wrote:maybe you should channel that energy into this game so you could win this towngame >_>
I’m trying but Maki did have a point and I’m already at 125 posts and while I’m ready to get some votes on notscience and maxwell and get some blood flowing from a good ole guillotine I’m not sure everyone else is, and I’m trying not to drown the thread too hard with my posting
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 743, Menalque wrote:Maki did have a point and I’m already at 125 posts
who cares
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 736, Menalque wrote:is NK choosing between the two scummiest people on each day the best way to avoid executing the tomboy daughter without giving info on their identity?
The only way to avoid executing the tomboy daughter without giving any information away is for NK to randomize something to execute. The more randomness involved, the less information we give away. So if we offer up two and NK randomly picks one, that's twice as good as if we just execute one and pray.

... Except that the one who survived is not going to disappear from people's radars, and the above effect becomes weaker the more times someone survives being on the stand. The net effect is it either screws up our scumhunting by forcing us to treat the scummiest living player as conftown, or it makes us jump through a lot of hoops for a benefit that's not nearly as great as it seems.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by maxwell »

Hadn't liked something Norwegian had said earlier but I liked his posts on page 25.

From Datisi is a bad post.

"scum may spam to hide things they don't want seen." in from titus is a very silly notion but it probably means she's town.

S_S's intro is meh. I really really really dislike that he put all his effort into talking about mechanics with no commentary on anyone in the game when there's plenty of material to go off.
In post 668, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not especially confident in my "meta" (if you can even call it that - I was more operating from a vibecheck perspective than like an actual Discerning Meta Analysis Thesis of how Datisi plays as either alignment), it's just the first impression I had and the first push I wanted to make. The question to me feels like a gotcha question rather than something maxwell is genuinely interested in, cause I think it should have been clear from how I was posting already roughly how 'confident' I was in it:
It wasn't actually a gotcha, I wanted to know if you were confident you could easily read Datisi or were talking out your ass (and honestly, you might've been on to something).

page 29 is boring and I have nothing to say on it. Still happy with my vote on Umlaut.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 743, Menalque wrote:I’m trying not to drown the thread too hard with my posting
You're too late for that.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 742, Alisae wrote:mena don't get ahead of yourself
u still got a lot to learn and if I can figure out you were scum by the end of d1 in TM then you still got a ways to go
In post 1984, Alisae wrote:also, I don't think anyone in my townbloc is to worry
maybe Mena but I don't think so.
Also no offence but even if you did figure it out N1 after that I’m pretty sure you weren’t winning if you tried to force it 1v1 on D2

And that’s a game where I was burned out for rolling scum
immediately
after GnR where I managed the entire scumteam fairly heavily and was not trying that hard. Like if I hadn’t been burned out I probably wouldn’t have bussed or if I had it would have looked better than it did (and it looked good enough that basically the entire thread townread me end of D1 and mastics TR me so hard she tried to masonize me) so
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh do not underestimate my ability to kill someone
i am very comptent at lynching people i will have u know
GTKAS