Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

You're ignoring that i could have potentially thought of that. it's not really a stretch for me to think "Ha they'll never think we'll do the same thing thrice". Seems like something not very important to argue about

i enjoy the irony that if i were given a power role i might have been fucked though
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Hoopla »

if you have performed some level 3 WIFOM as scum and are now gloating about it publicly to my face, bravo to you, MT.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1699, Hoopla wrote:i can't imagine a scumteam led by some old pro like llamarble/reck would endorse that VT claim
and I'm, what, a newbie?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1702, Untrod Tripod wrote:and I'm, what, a newbie?
you're more a whimsical, shoot-the-breeze type character.

i don't perceive you painstakingly plotting out possible permutations privately pre-game.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

how does me voteparking on VPB because it's a sneaky scum thing to do fit in with the fact that GC asked me to look at him, which is what led to my vote
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1704, Untrod Tripod wrote:how does me voteparking on VPB because it's a sneaky scum thing to do fit in with the fact that GC asked me to look at him, which is what led to my vote
it's not a sneaky thing to do per se.

it's more that on D1 scum often seek positions that are hard for others to critique and have a tendency to sit on votes - especially votes deemed kosher by the collective hivemind - when the gamestate allows it. GC giving you an excuse to park safely does nothing to challenge that rationale.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

or, hear me out: I was scumreading VPB for his early posts then after he talked more I didn't scumread him anymore and I voted to lynch a scum instead :-o

I'm gonna be honest Hoops this case of yours is lazy and full of holes

you're scumreading iam, which is fine, but opened the day by fishing for someone else to make the case on him and responded to me digging through his ISO with "oh yeah this is a good case" and voting with me. considering that he's my main suspect for today I don't really see how you can be scumreading me and also agreeing with my top scumread who you don't think I could be bussing

my interpretation is that you heard reck and KMD say they potentially want to vote me and said to yourself "I can do this dark horse push, make some colored votecounts, and say one of the uncolored names is scum for vague reasons. maybe someone else will make a case for me again"
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1706, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm gonna be honest Hoops this case of yours is lazy and full of holes
this isn't a "case" on you - i'm not going to pretend it is. as a wise mafia philosopher once said:
"cases are scummy"

this is more a read forged from the fires of PoE and wagonomics. i'm making a number of assumptions elsewhere independent of you.

i expect scum to take a mixed approach to the VPB/Auro wagons. your behaviour fits the blueprint of where i expect scum to be in a VP-town/Auro-scum universe. if this is truly a case of wrong place at the wrong time, i apologise, but i'm not really in the business of arguing back-and-forth with PoE targets.

i leave my conclusion laid bare for the town to judge themselves.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

having said all that;
In post 1706, Untrod Tripod wrote:you're scumreading iam, which is fine, but opened the day by fishing for someone else to make the case on him and responded to me digging through his ISO with "oh yeah this is a good case" and voting with me.
In post 1706, Untrod Tripod wrote:maybe someone else will make a case for me again"
you seem miffed that i didn't award you the afore-promised town points for doing the gruntwork on iamusername. i apologise for my capricious change of heart - but i do appreciate the effort.

if it comes down to you vs. iamausername today, i will be very happy.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1706, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm gonna be honest
get him!!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1692, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1682, Green Crayons wrote:I’m not sure what else we were supposed to interpret “reasons” to be. Wouldn’t have guessed some sort of role pm verbiage in a million years.

But now you’re saying you don’t think she’s clear?
she's not mechanically clear, i didnt clear her via mechanics

i cleared her bc the way she claimed and specific things she said made me believe her revelation claim. i can absolutely elaborate more but it would force me to full claim my role
"she's not mechanically clear, i didnt clear her via mechanics i cleared her bc the way she claimed and specific things she said made me believe her revelation claim." --> roger that

"i can absolutely elaborate more but it would force me to full claim my role" --> roger that but no thank you
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1691, Hoopla wrote:vanity voter/lurker KMD, and non-voter CLAP are also suspicious
more interested in this tbh
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:07 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1699, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1698, AGar wrote:Hard disagree. Also wouldn't this be counter to your theory that we have an unorganized/inexperienced scumteam?
i think even the simplest of simpletons would wise up and fakeclaim something other than VT after witnessing your two previous buddies go down in that way.

my thoughts that we have a lackadaisical/unthinking scumteam is precisely because of auro's claim. tracker is a perfect town-looking claim there - it could easily buy you another day or two, and it's even potentially provable. i can't imagine a scumteam led by some old pro like llamarble/reck would endorse that VT claim. even if scum don't have daytalk, i imagine an experienced/thoughtful team would be discussing fakeclaims pregame - at least, i always do as scum.
FWIW, my overall read on Auro was that he was going to do what he wanted, teammates be damned. I think he claimed irrespective of what his scum buddies thought.

If farside wasn’t in a 1v1 she had no chance of getting out of, I’d agree that her claim pointed to an unorganized team. But given the context of D2, I don’t think any scumteam would have wasted effort on a fake to save a scum buddy who was destined for death anyway.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:58 am

Post by iamausername »

Spoiler: Untrod Tripod
- yeah, this is the first post to make the observation that this game was really frickin' hard to get a grip on D1. i agree with what GC said; that the first person to make this point is more likely to be town.

- i like the way he laid out his summary of the Blair/Starbuck kerfuffle and then seemed to surprise himself with the conclusion that he finds Blair scummy. scum generally know ahead of time what their conclusions are going to be because they know what agenda they want to push; this doesn't feel that way.

- on the other hand, "I'm sticking with my initial read on him" here does ping as scummy because it sounds like an artificial construction. but then the last paragraph has the opposite feel; "i wish i didn't think you were scum" is not an obvious place for scum to land when going after a town player.

- this pre-emptive defense of his Auro vote if Auro were to flip town, coupled with "i'd rather have to read more VP posts than more Auro posts" also feels very genuine.

- i like this a lot too - i think scum would absolutely take the opportunity to try to shape a town player's reads when directly asked to do so, rather than encouraging town players to think for themselves.

yeah, there's a lot in there that makes me think UT is town. ok.

UT, having read your iso, i'd really like to know when exactly you stopped thinking the ABR wagon at the end of D1 was powered by scum attempting to save their buddy Auro? i know Porkens flipped town, but did that completely erode your suspicions on the rest of that wagon?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:24 am

Post by iamausername »

Hoopla colouring in a single votecount to "prove" that one of UT and myself must be scum with a "sorry if i'm wrong, but the science says it must be so" shrug is setting up for two town executions while pre-emptively ducking responsibility for both and her suggestion in that UT's incredulous reaction to this bullshit is somehow scummy is absolutely awful.

Blair/Hoopla 2020
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

Got a little busy over the past day or so, quick catch up.
In post 1598, Kmd4390 wrote:Being the counter wagon to auro is big enough, but Starbuck may be right about ABR having a 50/50 as well
That's just my theory given that he pitted Auro vs. VPB all day on D1. I'll be curious to see what is revealed post game regarding that.
In post 1601, AGar wrote:It was just odd the way the 50/50 came about. I was trying to wrap my head around it because it wasn't how I would have presented it - start the day off in one direction and then go ahead and say "Oh but wait, I have this 50/50 we can use," a bit later.
I started the day not sure if I wanted to reveal or not, but as we got a bit further, I felt that I should. It did come about a bit more awkwardly than I wanted, so I can't blame you for that.
In post 1661, Blair wrote:To elaborate on this a little: When Puppy suggested an investigator check out Starbuck, Reck and GC were the two people who sort of scoffed at that and tried to dissuade from it - then Porkens was nightkilled which sort of "Proved" Starbuck's revelation - an odd choice for scum to clear her instead of killing her if she's town.
I didn't think it was odd at all. I am a claimed VT. Porkens didn't claim anything. They were hoping to kill a PR. I'm not sure why you would consider that to be an odd choice or how that's your spiciest read.
In post 1678, xRECKONERx wrote:the insistence that reacting poorly to the idea of trying to get investigatives on starbuck is somehow scummy is just buck wild to me

we have a whole chunk of this game that isn't sorted that a inv check would be fantastic to help us sort out. instead people wanted to focus in one starbuck/porkens/farside, which was going to resolve itself anyway? oh look, farside flipped scum, porkens is dead. i get the paranoia of wHaT iF sTaRbUcK wAs LyInG but honestly that'll have to sort itself out later and i'm way more inclined to believe SB is town for now rather than get tunnel visioned on one tiny corner of the game
This is why I warned people away from me, too. Check out some of the other folks that might not be in the line of fire for an NK. Why would you aim at Porkens or me (after that farside flip) when we had the greatest chance of dying? It's wasteful.
In post 1686, Gammagooey wrote:In this one it feels like she got flustered by the speed of the game
To be fair, I got flustered by the speed of the game, as did a few others if I recall. I think that's NAI. There was no reason to wake up to 10-15 pages each day.

I'm going to UNVOTE: Morning Tweet and do some reevaluation.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I have some catching up to do after being offline a good chunk yesterday. Not sure why the MT wagon is falling apart. Maybe there is something amazing town I missed. I did see someone say something about it moving too fast...which I don't get. With two scum left who are badly losing this game, it wouldn't surprise me if a correct town wagon would form quickly.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If it is dispersing because of the VT claim, I don't find that persuasive. It's basically a WIFOM argument on optimal scum strategy for a team that is playing suboptimal.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Starbuck »

I unvoted for now because I didn't want an accidental hammer or quick end to the day while I read up on CLAP, username, and such.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I agree with hoopla about morning tweet probably not claiming VT as scum, but I was townreading morning tweet anyway. I don't agree that auro's VT claim is something we can catch remaining scum on though. I kind of doubt that they decided as a team that yeah it's a good idea for an actual tracker to claim VT, especially if iamausername is scum because of his comment about it. I have a feeling Auro did that on his own which could mean no daytalk despite hoopla speaking as if scum definitely have daytalk. Interestingly enough this could make Hoopla town unless she's faking that but that seems too WIFOMy. So yeah I'm going with this all making morning tweet and hoopla townier.

Anyway,
Unvote, Vote iamausername

I think I'm more confident in iamausername being scum than Cantlynchapuppy.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: KMD

Okay scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That's not in jest.

I have no reason to change my vote today.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Starbuck »

Could you elaborate, GC?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Random
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Hoopla - You know how I asked Blair for her SPICIEST scumread earlier? You're that spicy read for me. I think more likely than not you're town and I'm being paranoid, but I think you're a good enough player to pull off bussing Auro day 1 and tbf you signaled your vote switch onto Auro with literal sirens to make sure everyone would see it.

You also think my slot is town, and I feel like I've been pretty open about thinking MT is the best scum option I can think of but I'm not 100% convinced of it. Given both of those things, can you point to some things that you think makes MT town that couldn't be explained post-game with a single sentence saying either 'Ha, GOTCHA Hoopla' or 'Thanks for the claim advice Hoopla'? You could be right about MT but I'm not planning on switching off of her unless you or someone else can point to reasons why her dayplay is more likely coming from town than scum here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”