username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by username »

In post 940, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 922, username wrote:People shouldn't trust them because they don't share towns wincon and nothing stops them from siding with whoever gets them the win
100% of my experience leaving 3ps alive was being screwed sideways. I have never seen it work.

They are not scum hunting and they vote. grrrrrr

In AtmosFEAR I was third party and I literally spent the entire game doing jack shit and lying about my wincon. I didn't have to help the town, I only had to ensure that neither me or four certain other players ended up with The Black Key. So I made sure that all four of them and myself got lynched.

I don't remember who won except that I did.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 922, username wrote:People shouldn't trust them because they don't share towns wincon and nothing stops them from siding with whoever gets them the win
"Whoever gets them the win" is right. Now, with Alch's claimed win-con (assuming it is true), would you say SCUM are more inclined to target him with a non-factional ability? Would they have their Doctor/RB/Role Cop (or whatever the hell personal abilities they've been given in this game) on him? Cuz I sure as hell would be staying away from him if I was Scum. The ONLY ability I'd be using on him is the FACTIONAL NK, and that's if he starts being more spot on than not. Otherwise, let him be the distraction for some town players that he is right now.

I see you (or someone else) responding with: Well, that's exactly why we need to terminate him sooner than later, to which I will point you to my previous post. The answer is NOT to waste our termination shot on D1 on him. The answer is to have the weaker TPRs remove him. A vig shot (as Elsa claimed would do) is best used on Alcj. If he is telling the truth he has a Vig shot that he could be leashed to use on someone particular or in a certain pool. If he does he gets to use the 2nd ability he would be given on N2. If he doesn't he eats rope on D2 because he didn't side by town. If he is lying he will die on N1. I don't see how anyone could see it differently. A Vigilante shooting someone to test their claim is the BEST use of a Vig shot next to shooting a guilty we couldn't finish on that day.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I have been survivor and lynched, both times I actively scum hunt initially. In the Survivor game scum clearly was in control so I flipped to them. Lyncher was tough because it was difficult to find who I needed killed, but I wanted to avoid the day kill so I town sided.

3p can definitely town side.

Also, I assume there has been talk about the Lyncher role site wide?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by username »

I've played in more than my share of theme games-- in fact I haven't played a normal since like 2009 I think-- to know that just because a 3p says "this is how my role works" doesn't mean it in fact is.

What if he's a vanillaizer? What if any ability that targets him fails and makes the person vanilla?

What if he's something else that hasn't been thought of? A reflexive ability thief, ie the Vig shoots him and he absorbs it and gains a big shot without dying?

What if targeting him makes you join his cult? Do you not remember that this game may have bastard elements?

Whether you're town or scum, he does NOT SHARE your wincon and cannot he trusted to be telling the truth about his role.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 925, chkflip wrote:Why the fuck are so many people claiming D1?

Jesus Christ.
I still didn't. Should I claim?? :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@All the people still using the L word:

Spoiler: WARNING! Offensive language! :P
Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting cases on all you bitches. Huh. You think you can do this shit... Jake. You think you can do this to me? You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you. SHU program, nigga. 23 hour lockdown. I'm the man up in this piece. You'll never see the light of... who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the police, I run shit around here. You just live here. Yeah, that's right, you better walk away. Go on and walk away... 'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. King Kong ain't got shit on me. That's right, that's right. Shit, I don't, fuck. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherfucking way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me.

Now

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 950, username wrote:
In post 940, DrippingGoofball wrote:
100% of my experience leaving 3ps alive was being screwed sideways. I have never seen it work.

They are not scum hunting and they vote. grrrrrr

In AtmosFEAR I was third party and I literally spent the entire game doing jack shit and lying about my wincon. I didn't have to help the town, I only had to ensure that neither me or four certain other players ended up with The Black Key. So I made sure that all four of them and myself got lynched.

I don't remember who won except that I did.
I was scum in that game...

It was a weird game
time will end
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 926, username wrote:I feel like next you'll be asking me whose alt I am despite me making no effort to hide it and literally referencing two very specific games I was in
And btw

Spoiler:

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 941, Doctor Drew wrote:Is this really gonna be To Boon or Not to Noon all over again?

How is that shade? Just pointing it out.

Also, while you are here...... how did my meta lead you to vote for me?
It was your liberal use of redneck and runner-up flag. It gave me gut pings but then I realized like five people have done it and disregarded it afterward.

So gook still isn't here, like, what the ACTUAL fuck.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

gobbledygook Jun 28, 07:31am Jul 01, 06:49am 5 days 10 hours 5

Is this getting replaced?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 927, TemporalLich wrote:Claiming VT like username did just makes it more likely for the scum to take out an important power role
I'm an important PR. Like, I'm the SHIT. Like, I have more shit in my role than Aleksei (the Russian pilot) did in Lord of War.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

All this time I feel like Username is the true 3p and is mad at Alch for claiming it before him because he didn't want to open claim his status so now he's salty.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 959, chkflip wrote:gobbledygook Jun 28, 07:31am Jul 01, 06:49am 5 days 10 hours 5

Is this getting replaced?
Nope. It's being well bread until ThanksGiving

username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by username »

I mean again I've made literally no effort to hide who I am

I addressed DGB referencing games we modded together, as well as mentioning that I can read her perfectly

I repeatedly referenced games by name where I've been town or scum

I've mentioned both here and on my main that I get covid tested every week

I told Pooky he was stealing my gimmick when he posted a Simpsons gif

No amount of being an alt can stop me from starting sentences with "Like," because that's just how I talk

I pointed out that I of all people don't consider aggression to be scummy
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by username »

Like I'm very clearly an alt of Cromulent Simpsons Quote
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 960, Almost50 wrote:I'm an important PR. Like, I'm the SHIT. Like, I have more shit in my role than Aleksei (the Russian pilot) did in Lord of War.
Full stop.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 928, username wrote:Literally claimed it way earlier and no one batted an eyelash or complained but by all means tell me how to play mafia
how to play mafia

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 961, Elsa Jay wrote:All this time I feel like Username is the true 3p and is mad at Alch for claiming it before him because he didn't want to open claim his status so now he's salty.
:lol: If only.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by username »

In post 961, Elsa Jay wrote:All this time I feel like Username is the true 3p and is mad at Alch for claiming it before him because he didn't want to open claim his status so now he's salty.

If I were third party I'd sure as hell not want the slot murked just because having it around would keep the heat off me
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by username »

I miss Pine

@Pine ARISE HORSEMAN OF FAMINE
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 929, username wrote:Besides I've claimed VT enough on day one to know that scum expects me to do that whether I'm a VT or a PR flying under the radar
Hey, EJ.. here's another member of the club of "Don't believe anything they claim" :lol:

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 928, username wrote:Literally claimed it way earlier and no one batted an eyelash or complained but by all means tell me how to play mafia
Who is this aimed at?

Because my statement was claim-wide and you're acting like I hyper focused on you which couldn't be further from the case.

Also I've never been one to treat people like newbies when they aren't, and I very much didn't insinuate you didn't know how to play, so this outburst is strange to me.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by username »

In post 970, Almost50 wrote:
In post 929, username wrote:Besides I've claimed VT enough on day one to know that scum expects me to do that whether I'm a VT or a PR flying under the radar
Hey, EJ.. here's another member of the club of "Don't believe anything they claim" :lol:

I said I don't believe third parties

There's a significant difference between claiming 3p with some elaborate wincon and claiming a role in a closed that is dead as shit if a tracker or watcher ever sees it visiting
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by username »

In post 971, chkflip wrote:
Who is this aimed at?

Because my statement was claim-wide and you're acting like I hyper focused on you which couldn't be further from the case.

Also I've never been one to treat people like newbies when they aren't, and I very much didn't insinuate you didn't know how to play, so this outburst is strange to me.
It was directed toward TL... the guy that made the post directly before mine where he told me claiming VT is bad for towns
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

No need for condescension, bud.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”