beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 869, drusilla wrote:
In post 868, beeboy wrote:I think Drusilla hunting for me as a partner with other people isn't actually townie and is just the thoughts she can present to the thread.
that post by nahdia seems so unlikely to just happen to happen to me. like i know going down this road has caused me problems before but if you said skitter and i were mafia right now, and nahdia replied that she thought skitter was towny for her townread of me, what would you think?
People are capable of being wrong and you just are over thinking it??? I don't know, you just don't recognize me giving Nahdia space because we are friends and are I don't really get the other parts of your read. I don't see how this early you can be making partner associations especially given I think Nahdia is flipping scum, so it feels like you are just prepping for the flip given after she fought me it's unlikely people would wolf read me. I don't think it's a reasonable thought, and I think there is an agenda behind in for the world in which Nahdia is scum with you.

Not mention I think your posts are scum isolated for things I have already gotten into. I guess we can worry about the Nahdia flip though before getting into this. I just want to put these thoughts on the table now.

VOTE: Nahdia, sorry :( I think this is the correct thing to do.

I found your vote on Skitter to be more like you jumping onto to something then an actual read and the same applied for your read on me.
You also just aren't approaching the game like someone with incredibly contrarian opinions. In addition to me just not seeing myself getting movement on Drusilla right now. I want to give you space but I think that just involves a garbage lynch on Skitter or Lilith.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by beeboy »

Bleh Drusilla's reads just don't feel right to me. I just don't see how a reasonable individual just keeps pairing people off, rather then just targeting me as an individual.

Maybe she just has this insane bias against the mannerism of my posting which is why she paired me off with both Kanna and Nahdia since she has having trouble vocalizing a read in another way? Maybe I just have a bias against being tunneled which is making me wolf read her.

Skitter I just don't understand what you want me to like here.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 864, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Midway why aren't you voting?
I guess I'll VOTE: Dunnstral. I did townread him, but it seems like he has stopped scumhunting which is scummy. I don't understand the Nahdia case yet, but I think I will be informed by EoD to vote or not vote.
In post 865, drusilla wrote:okay, why did you choose to reevaluate your read of dunnstral at that time? and why did you originally scumread him? you said dunnstral was probably scum, then when dunnstral asked why you said he was townier now for a reason that predated your scumread.
I think he said that I shouldn't have been scumreading him which made me reconsider. I originally scumread him because I felt like he was trying to go the TWTBAW path, and I think his comments on lillith were after.

MT just went super tryhard, so that's town right?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 871, Morning Tweet wrote:I think midway is obviously scummy
why?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by beeboy »

Onto town reads.

Lilith, I liked the way Lilith is keeping tabs on players around her as she makes her pushes. She was also been relatively consistent while doing it. I don't have any super spicy elaboration I can make here for her? I just think she has solid town play this game and I am comfortable just locking her as town as a result.

Dunnstral, I liked his opening i don't think in this player list without any real lynch bait or at the very least a small number of them he would open the game in that manner as scum. It feels like you are putting a target on your back as far as discussion is concerned even if he didn't think he would get so wolf read for doing that. It's a weird thing to double down on while Skitter was giving him an out, why not just back up and move on? Why commit so hard when this list is unlikely to give you an easy way to adjust to another player? It just doesn't make sense to me as scum play.

Tux, had his opening that was kind of garbage but I think the way he backed off was relatively genuine. I think his frustration with himself has been very rational and consistent. Emotions like that can be kind of hard to fake especially when you are only 1.5 months into your mafia carrier. Not to mention after the reaction to me getting pissed being poorly received I don't think he would look and be like "AH YES THAT IS THE LINE TO TAKE" staying calm and just pushing me along side Nahdia would be the immediate reaction. And even if he doesn't want to do the latter I still just think he wouldn't take that line, between both his ability to fake it and how this list would perceive it.

Kanna, has some posts I just think come from town. From my past few games with Kanna I find as town she tries to feel out games and level of emotion just comes through in her posting. , in kill switch she read me as scum for similar reasons using the same methedology due to how she thinks I would approach her, its consistency with her town game. Throughout the scum game I saw her play it was purely fluff and no actual explanations and I am not saying my bar is just playing the game in the first 5 pages makes her town but I think in combination with her other play I've seen with her town game that I don't particularly want to touch her. Particularly I find she is spending a lot of time taking issue with arguments people are making which is her trying to see in other peoples eyes and how they are solving. IDK I just dig it.

Clover Ebi, his read on both me and Dunnstral show a consistent solving method and I find that comes from town. It's a locked in mind set on how to approach a given game based on recent experience. Scum tend to pull from a wider range of experiences to make up the most convenient stance while town will stick what they think is right even if that puts them under more heat. I find the "everyone is town i need to reevaluate oh no" comes from town more often then scum. While scum will town read more aggressively they are self aware before they actually do it. While Clover Ebi is doing what he thinks is right while having awareness that he could be doing something wrong.

^ I will literally fight to defend these players.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Honestly Dunnstral doubled down just so you would think that. He knows it would be considered foolish to attack skitter especially with his terrible reasons.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by beeboy »

Starbuck hasn't saved the Votato slot but I also want to give them space to catch up.

Which leaves:
{Skitter, Morning Tweet, midwaybear, Raven Branwen}

As my remaining POE assuming that one or maybe even 2 of my scum reads are wrong.

pedit: I don't know, people tend to be stubborn, he knows Skitter wouldn't back down ever and it creates a perpetual battle around his slot. Seems so unideal for scum when his best scum trait is his raw awareness of how this game functions.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Read through Page 16 to Page 22
In post 402, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 158, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Wow, sorry I'm so late to the party guys. This game is moving fast. I don't like Beeboy's entrance at all. It seems to try and derail the momentum building on Dunn, before swinging into to defend him when he starts posting content. What's up with that? Why did you want people to say hi so much?

VOTE: Beeboy
This post feels kinda disjointed in relation to the gamestate, and I think might have been an attempt to swing attention away from the me/dunn/votato/skitter stuff going on - which I could see either as trying to derail a wagon on a buddy or like.. trying to derail the reads that the four of us were developing there.

Tux, what was your Dunn read when you posted this?
I just needed to note this as the quoted post is Tux's entrance where he calls beeboy out for derailing and is now, himself, getting called out for derailing.

I appreciate this.

No wonder this read-through is becoming slog. I understand re-reading, but folks shouldn't have to endure 12 posts in a row from the same person (i.e. lilith on Page 18). That's just discourteous. Condense it all because it becomes spam/flooding the thread. I'm not sure if this is purposeful yet or not, but I'm noting it.

In post 450, Clover Ebi wrote:Is paranoia the only thing stopping you from townreading Lilith Votato? Because if that's the case you should probably have her as town. At least for day 1. (Even though I think she's obvious)
What's so obvious about her? I haven't played with her before.

In post 466, Raven Branwen wrote:The more I read from this game, the more confused I get.
Same.
In post 469, Kanna wrote:
In post 446, lilith2013 wrote:If the former - I think anyone who's played with scum!me (especially you) should recognize this is pretty far out of my scumrange. If the latter, I can pretend I'm still scumreading you if you want.
This kind of comment always feels townie to me, but i just looked through your scumgame (guns and roses iv) and errrr...i disagree. maybe i'm paranoid. i think you seem "townie" based on your fearlessness, but that's a playstyle. why do you say you're out of your scumrange?
But self-meta in and of itself is gross. So why do you get townie out of that? And why would you ask for elaboration on self meta?

Lilith votes Raven out of nowhere on the top of Page 20. I like the spirit, but Raven has been contributing and giving some reads and opinions. If that was just meant to be a push vote, I felt like it could have been utilized elsewhere at this point.

Back and forth between Nahdia and skitter on Page 22 strikes me because skitter shouldn't have to draw reads out of Nahdia and play 20 questions. I'm not sure why Nahdia can't just lay out her reads with reasons, but then she does and they're all rather weak. Like scumreading midway because he has a reputation for being scummy. Wouldn't the false-positive put him towards a town read rather than a scum read?

There are still quite a few quiet people at this point where I'm reading, but it probably doesn't help that there are some loud and overpowering voices. Just looking at the current activity overview (as of 10:16 EDT on 7/6), lilith has 177 posts and the next person below her is skitter with 110. Thinking about thread flooding, as I've seen it come more from scum in my time, than town, it's going to weigh heavily on my read of lilith.

In post 542, lilith2013 wrote:Imo raven saying “The more I read, the more confused I am” feels more like a performative “poor me” than like, a reachout for someone to help get her engaged
This kind of condescension doesn't help either.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Read through Page 23 to Page 27
In post 558, beeboy wrote:
In post 437, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 296, beeboy wrote:I'm mind melding with tux on his other reads and that is bothering me a lot. Outside Nahdia I think their push on me is realistic but wrong, their opening matches a 1 note DM where we agreed our old playstyle were overwelming. Neither of which make Nahdia town but they both justify what they have done.

But we both agree Kanna and MT are playing like town and we both are getting pings from Votato without overly getting a scum read. And we have similar meta pools on all 3 players. Albeit I could be giving Kanna needless space due to noughts and crosses and I may just get slapped one day because of that.
Why is it bothering you? Are you no longer scumreading Tux because his reads line up with yours?
It's not that simple. I feel like the self doubt he expressed was making me think he could just be having a rough time with bad reads. It's not the first time I've been tunneled by town for bad reasons.

I don't think he is town yet but I am moving towards being unsure because I am getting pings elsewhere from Votato and Drusilla
This is a reasonable approach given how unreasonable the situation.

Spoiler: lilith
In post 568, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 330, Raven Branwen wrote:@Dunn, what makes you think Skitter’s posting is “fake”?
I don’t understand Nadhia at all.

@Votato, what is so scummy about Clover not having any confident scumreads early on D1?
these 3 lines are about completely separate things - so I don't see a coherent thought process behind this post.
In post 569, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 466, Raven Branwen wrote:The more I read from this game, the more confused I get. I’m liking Votato a bit better now but I still don’t understand why Clover is his #1 scumread.

I have 0 experience with Lillith but nothing she’s posting is particularly pinging me.

Anyone here have meta on Nadhia? I’m having the most trouble trying to parse her.

@Dunn, can you please answer my Skitter question? Thanks.

And thanks @mod for preventing me from undue eyestrain.
Also these

What's wrong with that though? Can she not condense and address all of her thoughts in one post? You're seemingly going after her because you don't like the way she formats.

Why do you feel like they have to be connected?
In post 586, Clover Ebi wrote:Now that I'm speaking outloud I just wanna kinda move my vote to here VOTE: midway So his meta is he's scummy as town but...scummy as scum? That could be a really easily used defense and I just kinda want to put some pressure here see where it leads
Yeah, I don't see the logic behind this vote. Pressure for the sake of pressure, but you're not reading him as scum? Just seems like an easy out and a sheeping of Nahdia's read.
In post 592, midwaybear wrote:I don't get the point of Clover's vote.
Same
In post 611, Raven Branwen wrote:I don’t understand a lot of her posts but her tone is coming off as kind of genuine. I was a bit worried about Lillith but her wanting to pressure vote me reads townie.
What about it comes off as genuine?

Why does her pressure vote read town to you?

I'm not really seeing the Nahdia/Raven connection, so I think I'll save that to go back and re-read.

And I just got to my first vote in the game. I honestly thought I would have caught up Friday, but y'all are verbose!
In post 657, midwaybear wrote:Meh, it just felt like people were defending votato so you tried to inconspicuously unvote while providing that reason(more content). Like trying to subtlety back off.
This seems a weird thing to push. Most players that I come across typically unvote when a replacement comes in. I know I'm the subject of it right now, but seems an awkward stance to take.
In post 671, Kanna wrote:
In post 629, skitter30 wrote:i feel like you're trying to tie yourself to raven almost ...
also here, you said it's like nahdia is trying to tie herself to raven - why would scum *try* and tie themselves to their partner?
I've been having this same thought as I've been reading.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Starbuck »

EBWOP: Got to my first post in the game, not first vote. Jesus, it's late.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

VOTE: Nahdia I trust Skitter and Morning Tweet enough to go here, and it's half past time we got a serious wagon rolling.

@Beeboy if you don't have a town read of MT or Skitter what do you think of them both voting Nahdia?
In post 868, beeboy wrote:I think in general Tux's has some total garbage opinions
God, I think I need to take a break because I feel this is a reputation I'm gaining.

@Starbuck I don't mean to be rude, but is there a reason your catch up is taking so long?

@Midwaybear why did I have to ask you to vote? What is it you don't understand about the Nahdia case? Where do you think Dunn stopped scum hunting?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Nahdia »

sober nahdia is too headsick to play mafia so instead you get drunk nahdia
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i have been voted thrice. and like the bloodiest of marys, i come to reap my revenge.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 885, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Starbuck I don't mean to be rude, but is there a reason your catch up is taking so long?
Caught this as I'm sitting back down. It was a holiday weekend, I've had to work, and then there were pages that kept getting added on the back end as I was catching up, thus, making it longer. I made a comment about that in my above posts when I took a look at the Activity Overview. It feels like the thread is getting flooded and it's just unhelpful.

Additionally, I'm trying to read so I know what's happening and not skim because I don't feel that is courteous to all of you. I know we're coming up on deadline, so I'm trying to get there before it hits.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Nahdia »

if im being honest, i think i approached this game with the wrong mindset. the wrong framing. i have sort of coasted. as a result. things have thrown me off this game. i believe it was votato who said that he was gettin g"weird vibes" and i have also been the receiptient of said vibes. it is a shame he is gone without elborating terribly on that (well not really LOL fuck him) but i digress. i apologize for coasted, and will now Solve this Mafia Game for you all, as your Elder Gamer.

i am unsettled by my vote on skitter! i think, frankly, that i am right that skitters posting is indicative of some funny business. as i explained: reading myself/raven as a patnership, but not also individually reading raven, is scummy because scum are predisposed to be thinking about partnerships. i accept that people perhaps do more partner reading before any flips nowadays, but she admitted to not individually reading raven. so to push that associative while not also trying to check her work is Bad.

beeboy, you call a skitter lynch garbage. why must you besmirch my wonderful vote?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i did not finish writing about skitter before i hit submit. i was talking about unsettlement. in mbos, skitter was pushing me for a reason i felt was... kind of strange and bad, though maybe not entirely invalid. it turns out, she was scumthere and was being opportunistic. in this instance, she is pushing me more on meta, which i actally think is, perhaps more believable. and as i have said previously, her actual content i hve townread. but in mbos i came around to thinking her content was towny too, and it was not to be...

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Nahdia »

tuxedo mask sheeps his townreads, but then also doubtcasts his townread, beeboy! a heinous crime.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Nahdia »

beeboy i am concerned that i and two of my townreads are in your PoE!!!

-Zaphkael, 2020
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 872, skitter30 wrote:oh i was right on drusilla's main!
i think she's town !
From my experience with drusilla, she does operate on that sort of unique approach that you mentioned earlier. But i don't know if that's town-indictative of her, I'd kind of expect her to always play that way, it's just like her ! (^ω^)

Do you have any other reasons to have drusilla as such a good tr?
In post 878, midwaybear wrote:
In post 871, Morning Tweet wrote:I think midway is obviously scummy
why?
i can recall multiple posts where you just randomly shade people for voting. I feel kind of unsure how to follow your thought process behind your reads because a lot of the time it feels like you aren't giving much (like 775, you don't even know exactly why). by "obviously scummy", I don't mean i scumread you though, i mean more that you play in a way that attracts lynching kinda. i lean town on you
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i do not know what to make of drusilla. similar to skitter, i think their indexing on partner reads is odd. but perhaps that is in fact The MEta. beeboy made a point when talking about clover using recent knowledge. which drusilla did in and it gave me pause, since because i was kind of going in predisposed to find her scummy that pause is moreso? that was something. but i dont like how she seems to just use me being scum as a baseline assumption without, justifying it? like, to read beeboy or kanna as partners.

MORNING TWEEET.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Nahdia »

you should unvote me. because i am town.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 879, beeboy wrote:Dunnstral, I liked his opening i don't think in this player list without any real lynch bait or at the very least a small number of them he would open the game in that manner as scum. It feels like you are putting a target on your back as far as discussion is concerned even if he didn't think he would get so wolf read for doing that. It's a weird thing to double down on while Skitter was giving him an out, why not just back up and move on? Why commit so hard when this list is unlikely to give you an easy way to adjust to another player? It just doesn't make sense to me as scum play.
I agree with you that Dunn's opening was good, and i liked that he didn't back out early on. What i dont get is how Dunn still views skitts as scummy (471 ?). I guess i failed to take into account that Dunn just hasn't been talking much at all-- i could be wrong on that. i eagerly await to see his thoughts on the skitts wagon

pedit: NAHDIIA
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Nahdia »

we're both town, this game. your vote wounds me, but i will survive.

i see you townread skitter. but most of your spoiler tag on skitter is actually discussing me. my ego is stroked, but a scumread on me, town!skitter does not make.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 895, Nahdia wrote:you should unvote me. because i am town.
You make a solid case. although it depends on a variable unknown to me. how am I supposed to trust you?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 897, Nahdia wrote:we're both town, this game. your vote wounds me, but i will survive.

i see you townread skitter. but most of your spoiler tag on skitter is actually discussing me. my ego is stroked, but a scumread on me, town!skitter does not make.
i couldn't help but talk more about you!!

Well skitts mentioned you a lot given you're her big push. I still feel like there was a lot more stuff i mentioned abt skitts

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”